/got/ general

Take 3 Punished /got/ edition
Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/neosonic66/
youtube.com/watch?v=DzhUSIAcmtI
reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57w3yw/my_awayforthelads_season_7_spoiler_timeline/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

we keep dying and we're 4 months away. Why are d&d so retarded that fewer episodes take longer to come out.

all intrigue and subtlety is gone, and it's only worse with the leaks being revealed

bump

jon snow is my waifu :3

thread ruined
saged
OP make a new one

Why did Rhaegar name both his sons Aegon?

>Why did Rhaegar name both his sons Aegon?

because he's a retarded faggot

March Madness

Mar. 18th, 2017 at 3:57 PM
Spain
No, I'm not talking about basketball. I'm a football guy, mostly. A little baseball on the side. But I don't follow basketball, or hockey, or soccer, or tennis, or golf.

My own March has been pretty damned mad, however. Hard to believe half the month is gone already.

We had two great nights at the JCC with Leeman Kessler and ASK LOVECRAFT. His YouTube videos are a lot of fun, but he's even better in person. If you have a chance to see him at a con, don't miss it. Some of his bits are funny, but he also has moments (as HPL) that are moving and profound.

The HAP & LEONARD premiere was also terrific. It's always great to see Joe Lansdale, and the second season of the show looks to be even better than the first.

And of course on Tuesday we brought together the Santa Fe film community up on the hill, and rolled out the Stagecoach Foundation. That was exciting as well.

(Though I have to confess, reading some of the various reports about Stagecoach on line makes me want to bang my head against the desk and bewail what passes for journalism in this age of the internet. Back when I was a journalism student at Northwestern, some of these clowns would have gotten themselves a "Medill F." They don't even get basic facts right. mutter mutter mutter)

Besides all that, there's been the huge new Wild Cards deal, the Wild Cards reread, lots of stuff with HBO that I cannot talk about yet, and of course -- always, always -- WINDS OF WINTER.

So much to do. And the days go by so quickly. I love my work, all my work, all my projects, all my children, but sometimes it seems as if the harder I work, the further behind I get.

Maybe things will calm down soon. But I am not holding my breath.
Current Location:Santa Fe
Current Mood: tired tired
Tags:
jean cocteau cinema, the writing life
16 33 commentsLeave a commentShareLink

Why did he think he could take on this?

Why is the cuck's visor up?

The helmet decorations are just ridiculous on otherwise realistic armor

DABID

I HAB AN IDEA DABID

What two sons? Is this a new leak?

fuck off with that pseudo realism bullshit.

whot do you prefer?

for lords, knights and other prominent characters to proudly wear their heraldry and colours upon good looking functional plate armour.

Because Rhaegar read all those fairy tales and historical accounts where the prince in shining armor slays the wicked rebels in single combat. Unfortunately, Rhaegar forgot that people die in fairy tales and in history all the fucking time and that his side was clearly in the wrong.

The more you read about the Targaryens, the more you realize they were a fucking plague on the land. Westeros had plenty of wars and border skirmishes, but those were with the armies of 1, 2 or sometimes 3 kingdoms. All the wars in Westeros post-Aegon the Conqueror involved the full might and resources of a continent so no shit the casualties and damage were greater.

The only good Targs were the ones who actually gave a shit about the people and had good administration skills like based Jaehaerys the Conciliator, Queen Alysanne, Baelor Breakspear, Egg, or Maester Aemon.

Stannis got BTFO because he thought he was the hero of his own story.

I think the armor, with the exception of Daemon Blackfyre in that picture is good and fairly accurate for the 1400s. I see a sallet, an armet, a bascinet and a kettle helmet. I can make out Bittersteel and Quentyn Fireball due to their coats of arms and helmet decorations.

I generally find the early medieval period of armor better for fantasy, since swords are often important and they're only a sidearm in the era of plate armor.

They were inspired by GRRM's pace.

>Stannis got BTFO because he thought he was the hero of his own story.
Lol barely any of that prophecy stuff is even in the show, he got btfo because two liberal jews are in charge of the show

Meant to reply to

>Why are d&d so retarded that fewer episodes take longer to come out.
7 episodes? 9? Anyway they started filming later in the year so that's one reason it's coming out later.

Plus, do we know each episode's length? HBO doesn't play commercials so can they please do episodes that go over an hour? Seven, one hour and thirty minute episodes would be nice.

Yeah because they know how ASOIAF ends and Stannis is irrelevant.

>Yeah because they know how ASOIAF ends and Stannis is irrelevant.
Yep Stannis is going to burn his daughter two feet outside winterfell then have a bad day where Ramsay Sue btfos him and then Brienne gets to give a self righteous speech about Renly and kill him.

Maybe not like that, but he clearly isn't going to be taking the throne.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dany kills him because of MUH USURPER

D&D simplified and changed a lot of ASOIAF because it's a fucking tangle. And they have to cater to certain demographics.

Look, Book Stannis is gonna die and Shireen will get sacrificed right after Jon gets shanked in the next book. The details are off, but the end result is the same.

Well of course. He's the Usurper's brother and she's a strong independent womyn that's gonna bring cultural enrichment to Westeros with her hordes of Dothraki, sellswords, Unsullied, Ironborn, etc.

.>Maybe not like that, but he clearly isn't going to be taking the throne.
as long as the end of his arc is no where near as contrived or forced as the show then i will be ok with his death i'm denying hes going to die,
Plus since they're in such a rush its funny how they had the time to waste a whole season by delaying the north story instead of just making both armies kill each other in s5

*I'm not denying

I think you'd have to actively work to make book Stannis more contrived than show Stannis, and we all know how much GRRM hates working.

>Because Rhaegar read all those fairy tales
>tfw Rhaegar has the intellect of 11y/o Sansa

>11y/o sansa who herself has a mental age of about 6.

>branbros let bran thread die

Wtf?

Mel and selyse hearing of stannis's "death" (Pink Letter) will sacrifice shireen to bring back stannis who they believe to be azor ahai, but instead Jon will rise.

>Plus, do we know each episode's length?

They'll still be an hour each at best. D&D said the whole series will be 73 hours and since we're getting 7 episodes season 7 and 6 episodes in season 8, each episode will be the usual length

Exactly. Stannis gets his retarded ass killed by either the Frey/Bolton army or if GRRM decides to throw him a bone, he'll triumph over Roose and Ramsay before it all goes to shit when the Wall collapses and the Others zerg-rush.

Finally ASOIAF art with Wars of the Roses era armour. Those who draw people in 1200s gear with random fantasy skyrim armours on top deserve to be burned in wildfire.

kek, George himself has said it's better for territories to be united

>>Putting aside the specifics of the situation, and taking a long-range look, I think history shows that we do better when we join together into larger political units that embrace diversity, rather than building walls and breaking into smaller units. Alexander's empire was better than the squabbling city-states of ancient Greece that preceded it (a pity he did not live long enough to make the union with Persia permanent, and twice a pity that his successors broke it all up into smaller countries to war on each other). The thirteen American colonies were wise to join together into one large country, despite their differences, than they would have been as thirteen small ones. The nations of Europe have been fighting each other for centuries; joining together into one great multi-national nation represents real progress

And one of the background videos for the Riverlands as part of the dvd extras says they never knew peace until the Targaryens came

Targs represent progress

I whole-heartedly agree that Westeros should be unified under a centralized government, but those sister-fucking psychopaths were the wrong ones to do it.

>It's a medieval armor thread
Based

That's why they'll be succeeded by Jon, who won't fuck his sisters, just his cousin Sansa

Which reminds me, would Westeros accept following a king who worships the Old Gods? Dany is pretty much agnostic or at least doesn't keep to one god. Arya follows every god cause muh Many-faced God. And Sansa is the only other valuable consort due to lineage that follows the Seven, though Arianne would make a good one too to bring Dorne back into the fold after Rhaegar fucked Elia over to make Jon

>s. Alexander's empire was better than the squabbling city-states of ancient Greece that preceded it (a pity he did not live long enough to make the union with Persia permanent, and twice a pity that his successors broke it all up into smaller countries to war on each other).
And once again the progressive left shows its true imperialistic authoritarian face.

Why is anyone on Sup Forums watching this after they've killed Stannis and made clear they'd rather focus on strong womyn like Sansa and Arya rather than based Varys and Littlefinger

>based Varys
>helped kill Tywin and oppose Stannis, so he can bring in the Daenerys rule

you're as bad as them user

Cause they're retarded..I meant weiss and benioff or whoever came up with that dumb idea.

I just want to see more manly men like varys on screen

showfag turned bookfag here (to my great shame)... Before the Aegon reveal, did people think that Varys was a dany supporter? Given the discussion with Illyrio in AGOT (and illyrio being with viserys/dany)?

>47 posts and not a single Isaac

Disgusting. This shitheap should never have been resurrected.

think they posted some on and >>>/imahugefaggotfuckmyface/

Logically it would have been retarded if he genuinely supported Dany.
Like why would he want them take the throne with Viserys and the rape horde? Thats waay worse than having Robert as the king.
Plus he has no direct control or interaction with Dany and Viserys whatsoever for them to ever listen to him.

I'm gonna shill for this severely underappreciated channel on the subject youtube.com/user/neosonic66/

bump

Thanks brev

rhaegar died before lyanna gave birth.

gay as fuck forced meme

Now that the wildfire has settled.

How badly is she going to get killed this season?

worth noting that most of the people in the picture are northerners (supposed to be dull) and you're comparing the garb of higher end nobility, which is definitely the case in king's landing.

>How badly is she going to get killed this season?
oh fuck off with this bullshit already. She should be dead within the first 5mins after what she did but she wont because shes a mary sue. Everyone is going to go on a retarded suicide mission to convince a woman who is a known liar, murderer and psycho that the wights and others are real when they together even after their loses eclipse her shitty broken army like beggars for her help.

I'm sure you've noticed that Marvel is finally being rated fairly. Will GoT be next? Season 5 and 6 were dogshit but people pretend it's the greatest show ever.

Bran

The books highlight that Varys was fueling Aerys' paranoia, including pushing him to disinherit Rhaegar, so it was clear he was not a Targaryen supporter.

autism

>Will GoT be next? Season 5 and 6 were dogshit but people pretend it's the greatest show ever.

what you call "dogshit" in GoT is what showfags like most.

So, no.

>I'm sure you've noticed that Marvel is finally being rated fairly. Will GoT be next? Season 5 and 6 were dogshit but people pretend it's the greatest show ever.
If you mean Iron fist most of that shit was well its got the some of the same problems as the other shows maybe worse in other areas but because its got an unlikeable white billionaire doing special martial arts minus 10 points because muh racism, cultural appropriation etc.
Got is never going to be shit on as hard as it deserves to be because its the global meme show with normie fan service and muh stronk woymn.
lol you guys are idiots if you think that d&d dont love Cersei.

what were the theories then?
About Varys conspiring with Illyrio?

>5 and 6 were dogshit
Here is your (you)

At the time I honestly had no idea.
He wasn't a Robert supporter clearly by virtue of allowing Littlefinger's uninterrupted fuckery; it could only have been an outlier faction yet unmentioned, or he was in it for personal reasons. Evidently it's now likely both.

>start watching GoT not long ago for the first time
>just started Season 3 and I can't fucking stand Daenerys

s-sorry

fingers crossed for TWoW this year

stop watching

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

New Preston

youtube.com/watch?v=DzhUSIAcmtI

tl;dw : Euron is a military genius.

Wow this shit again already?

Why? So far I mostly enjoy the Lannisters being complete heels the most I think. Also the idea of THE WALL.

what leaks?

reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57w3yw/my_awayforthelads_season_7_spoiler_timeline/

Getting real tired of this meme.

and salty cunt spoonfeeding every time

this seems like a really sweet channel, perfect for my procrastination of uni work, i appreciate your shilling

not that guy, buti f you hate Dany in S3 you're gonna want to shove forks into your eyes everytime you see her in S5/6 with her fuckign smug face and her retarded speeches every 30 seconds.

it's all downhill from season 1, hitting unspeakable lows in 4 and onward

just read the books and join the eternal wait

watching it now.
btw does anyone else have a problem with subs on youtube? Never shows me when they have new content. it's always been a big bugged but since 3-4 days they just don't show anything at all.

>eternal wait
The Winds of Never Ever will come one day user.

Robert got hurt pretty bad. They were evenly matched.

I unironically think it's a late 2017 TWoW is quite likely. Announcement at the very least. i hoped for 2016 announcement but well
that said, ADoS will never come

>you will never sneak up behind Isaac and playfully mess up already messy hair while he's in his pajamas playing classical music on his upright piano on a snowy December morning, before sipping hot coco and watching Saturday morning cartoons.

The world is a cruel place filled with cruel, cruel misgivings.

>Robert got hurt pretty bad. They were evenly matched.
i think thats because he went all out and didnt have a good defense he just channeled every bit of rage and fury he had into smashing Rhaegar as hard as possible not caring about the wounds he was receiving at the time.

How much of a spotlight does she get per episode, around? I may still survive that because I enjoy seeing Ser Jorah in action.

>it's all downhill from season 1

That's pretty much how it happens with most TV shows, sadly. I noticed the slight drop in quality during S2, but it wasn't as noticeable for me I suppose.

New table top game will you buy it?

>10th century normans
>higher end
lol

Azor Hot Pie

>I enjoy seeing Ser Jorah in action.
That's too bad, fucko

I'm just saying if Rhaegar got lucky, he could have won.

I suppose he dies somewhat close to where I am currently, then. Shame.

Azor is Sam.

Screencap this.

What happens in Braavos? Jew international bankers and puffy sleeves?

Glory to the one true God. Praise him, faggots. Praise him.

He doesn't. or does he?

thicc