Are they really gonna do it?

Are they really gonna do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-portion-of-PBS-funding-comes-from-the-federal-government
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope so

Couldn't they just force PBS to produce more right-leaning content?

pbs sucks. last good thing they showed was bob ross.

They would refuse.

This needs to be done. Conservatives pay the vast majority of taxes just so the left can use the money to produce content calling them hitler

it pains me, because PBS used to have lots of good content, but they've outlived their original purpose, and have become partisan where they used to at least try to be neutral.

theyve been shit since the mid 00's.

Sesame Street is garbage now, Bob Ross and Mr Rogers are both long dead, and other things, like Nature or Nova can be found on other channels.

the PBS News Hour used to be the best news show, but over the past decade it's been slowly getting left leaning. one could argue it's been shit since Jim Lehrer left it.

Charlie Rose would be the only worthwhile program, but even Charlie has been gravitating more towards the left ever since he became a CBS shill.

Do what?

Conservatives don't like learning.
They don't read, and they are proud to be dumb.

Liberals like pretending to learn.
They invent new genders have an encyclopedic knowledge of them.

Trump wants to cut all funding to PBS.

Not mentioned in all of the liberal fear mongering is that PBS routinely sits on a HUGE war chest, funded from donation drives and private contributions from the 1%, liberal and conservative (the Koch Brothers are major donors to PBS).

Cutting funding would not kill PBS, as they have enough cash to live for years and even when that runs out, there are hundreds of rich folk who would gladly empty their wallets to keep PBS going

Highly doubtful.

It's actually weird to me that PBS gets government funding at all. If they're government funded, why do they do those telethons all the time to raise money? Shouldn't they have all the money they need from the government? Growing up I always assumed PBS was just run on charitable donations, it wasn't until recently with Romney and Trump wanting to cut its funding that I even realized it was government-funded at all.

Liberals don't like learning.
John Oliver and reddit posts are the extent of their political ideology. They are proud to vote with their feelings rather than logic.

He wants to cut funding to the CPB. Glad the retards here can't even get that part of the story straight.

As to why there are fundraising events on your local PBS station, it's because all PBS stations are independently owned and most of their revenue comes from their local audience.

And here are some real figures on CPB funding for PBS.

quora.com/What-portion-of-PBS-funding-comes-from-the-federal-government

it's depressing how many of these snappy left-wing newsflash shows exist and how many people watch them

It really is. Its scary that young people are so easily swayed by a few good jokes and a celebrity endorsement of a certain point of view.

Why? O'Reilly generates even higher ratings.

>posting greentext and anime reaction pics outside Sup Forums

I can't really speak for him but he doesn't seem to have nearly the same rabid fanbase among the younger generation.

Cutting funding to Israel won't kill the Jews and will produce more savings than screwing around with the CPB. I'm sure rich US tribe donors will step up and empty their wallets to cover the difference.

>conservatives pay the vast majority of taxes

hmm...

based neontaster.

>science and nature documentaries are "muh left wing propaganda" now

Why are Drumftards so dumb?

I think it's absolutely for the best, I'll miss my Red Green Show though.