ITT Scenes millennials will never understand

>b-but muh epic 30 minute dance-dance revolution fight...

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_III/Legends
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just watched it
Now I need to know mauls arc
I don't wanna watch rebels
Why did he ask Kenobi those questions at the end

I like how Maul tried to do the same move he used to kill Qui-Gon and failed

>Why did he ask Kenobi those questions at the end

He had been through a lot of shit and wanted to die knowing if Sheev would be stopped.

Wow this looks like shit

yeah that's retarded but maul being alive after all these years is even more retarded. he was cut in half

What's with the lighttoothpicks?

>still watching a bastardized Disney version of TCW

obi wan does that stupid two finger pose in the sequels once and they decide to keep it around. Hell, there's even a god damn wookieepedia article about it

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_III/Legends

>t. prequelbaby

>t. mouseshill

>he enjoys the bastardized version of Genndy Clone Wars

Literally the only good sw cartoon

pottery

>t. CTRshill

I got that but why
Why did he want sheev stopped
What am I missing
I need to watch this fucking show now? ?

>yeah that's retarded but maul being alive after all these years is even more retarded. he was cut in half
Ever heard of Grievous? Being cut in half is not a death sentence in SW.

POTTERY

I think they representation of Ralph Macquarie stuff

In Clone Wars. Sheev killed his brother and tried to kill him.

Go watch clone wars, its great. I think Maul deserved a lot more attention than he got.

>Why did he want sheev stopped

Sheev left him to die, killed his brother, destroyed his organisation, tortured him, genocided his race AND HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

>spend years nursing your hatred of one man
>so much so it keeps you alive after being cut in half
>do everything in your power to destroy this man's life
>fail
>finally reach your final confrontation with the man, at the twilight of his years
>defeated in a single stroke
LOL

Technically it was 3 strokes but it makes sense. Obi-Wan by this point is so far above Maul in skill and attunement with the Force that he's really just taking out the garbage.

Maul hasn't honed himself and spent the last 20~ years scraping by without any further Sith training while basically going batshit. Ahsoka didn't even waste time with him and blind Kanan kicked his ass. He's a shadow of who he used to be.

"I wasn't intending to fight him."

What did Kenobi mean by this?

>that's the same guy who killed Maul

So was he supposed to be bisected there and they just couldn't show it or what? Because it looks like his lightsaber got cut in half and he just flopped down in defeat

So he meant that there would be no fight- he was just going to kill him?

Got him diagonally right through the chest.

You fags can say what you will but this episode was fucking kino

Just watched the Obi Wan scenes for the first time and Christ, that Alec Guiness impression was fucking spot-on. I'm beginning to suspect that Disney has actually perfected the black art of resurrecting dead actors.

>Maul comes at Obi with all that flippy prequel bullshit
>gets absolutely BTFO by a simple block-counter

rebels is pretty meh but they got this right

I loved it, too. Disney may fuck up with the franchise here and there but I can at least give them props for that.

>when some shitty kid's show does pottery better than you could ever do in any of your movies
>when the choreography also looks straight out of an old Japanese samurai movie, something that you drew inspiration from, but failed to properly emulate for your entire career
Is George going to kill himself when he sees this episode?

>Is he the chosen one
>Yes
Isn't Anakin the chosen one? Or is Luke the chosen one from Obi-Wans certain point of view?

Nobody is saying they wanted that.They just wanted it a little longer and for it to have more meaning.

>inb4 its like my samurai movies

Yes, but even the duels in those had more meaning, the staredowns were longer, the tension was actually allowed to build unlike in Rebels where the tension lasts for a total of 10 seconds because the rest of the episode consisted of Ezra dicking about in the sand.

>inb4 buts its like real life, its realistic!

Star Wars isn't real life, and its not realisitc in-universe. Since Maul should know that Obi-Wan saw him use that headbutt move on Qui-Gon in episode 1 a decade ago, which is more than enough time to learn from it.

Anyone defending this is just baiting.

>people unironically think that genndy wars was good

Even more impressive since this is the same show that gave us fucking helicopter lightsabers

Is Star Wars art again?

> your opinion differs from mine

I'm an autistic Star Wars fan so I gobble up almost every bit of media even if it is objectively shitty. And Rebels is a shitty kids show, no debate. The characters scream teen drama, the plot armor is so thick you can taste it, they are stitching together some Frankenstein canon with old EU elements, And topping it of with nonsensical action sequences (lightsaber helicopters, consequenceless blasterfights)

but this Episode, just by itself, was well done and at least a good end to the atrocious arcs they had forced reanimated Maul through.

We don't need a "strong nod" to the "Only a master of evil" fight from ANH. This was better. This showdown was never destined to be some equivalent of Obi Wan facing Vader. Maul is irrelevant in the general scheme of things. This drives that point home fittingly.

I thought it was a really quiet, if narrow, character study.

>Maul is irrelevant in the general scheme of things

That's true, but Maul isn't irrelevant to Obi-Wan, Maul affected Obi-Wans life almost as much as Anakin did.
And Obi-Wan ruined Mauls life. This should be an emotional battle, not the 10 seconds of staring that we got and 5 seconds of Maul showing some emotion at the end.

I swear, if Filoni put shit on a plate you fanboys would eat it.

exquisite pottery

again!?

It was emotional enough, a Shounen battle where characters blubber out their monologues in between sword strokes doesn't make it any more impactful

Ezra had to be there, because the happenings on Tattooine were just as much an end of a large arc for him as it was for Maul. For the entire season and even before that, Ezra was always "muh holocrons" and Obi-Wan finally managed to hammer home a lesson into him that Kanan never managed. Besides, his journey, sandpeople and all that, also served as hammering home the atmosphere of being on Tattooine and further building up what's to come at the end.

You say the "samurai movies" allowed for longer buildup, but ignore that it was a fucking tv length episode the staff had to fot everything in. In a production featurette, the producers even mentioned that the had to cut down the content a lot. As opposed to you, I was pleased at how much of a buildup they actually managed to shoehorn into that pre-fight posture scene, showing two masters preparing to bring a 30 year old fight to an end, even referencing the Qui-Gon fight from back in the day. Moreover, the scene between Maul and Kenobi was more or less lifted from Kurosawa's 7Samurai, where a seasoned samurai cut down a loud and boisterous younger opponent. While the lack of screen time was probably also a factor, I thought the depiction of the fight was full of meaning and far better than what a kids show format could have hoped for. Most regular tv shows can't conjure up the gravitas of that moment in the episode. The simplicity and finality of the exchange made it beautiful. If I had to nitpick, I'd say Chopper was unnecessary baggage in the episode, but he didn't take up much screentime anyway.

I'm sure you've read some of the abundant explanations online on why the fight went the way it did. If after all this you still can't understand it, then just accept that the directorial choice wasn't your cup of tea and move on.