Why are Tejanos so much more based than California chicanos?

Why are Tejanos so much more based than California chicanos?

youtube.com/watch?v=QrH_cPby2Ug

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nueces_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohokam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's cuz Texans aren't really Mexicans, they're Texans first.

They don't go around waving the Mexican flag and acting all obnoxious like they want to take over America.

Is there a generation cutoff for what makes someone a Tejano? Is a 2nd generation immigrant in Texas a Tejano or just a Texas Mexican?

I always thought Tejanos were/are the descendants of those who were already on this side of the Rio Grande when Texas went independent.

A lot of Tejanos got pushed south and allowed to register as a citizen later. My family records say we came here from Mexico in the late 1800's but family tradition says we were here for as long as anyone can tell. And this is a common story with our people so either its true or we just love Texas so much we like to think we've always been here.

Mexicans in California: Poor, illegal
Mexicans in Texas: Rich, legal

Because Texas has their own conservative culture? How do you think Texas is 40% white, and still votes Republican?

I wish we had latinos as a minority instead of Russians. They seem pretty cool.

I'm willing to bet that plenty of Americans will be willing to trade you.

All they do is eat drink till they are full enough or drunk enough & will gladly give you beer or food even if you're white, well the Texas ones at least. LA Mexicans are cancer tho since they are liberal or gang bangers.

>40% white

please stop smashing my childhood memories. texas was always shown on tv as the land of rugged white men

it still is. We're just not cucked

That's Montana.

If you assimilate, you can become Tejano.

Norteno culture easily translates over, due to having high German influence anyway.

The key to becoming Tejano is loving Texas and having a bond with the land.

Hilariously, that's because we have seen waves of white immigration from up north post-independence.

This
Tejanos know how bad Mexico actually is and have no desire to make Texas like Mexico.

The Panhandle, West Texas (Odessa, Midland), and the German Hill Country is mostly white, as well as most small towns and rural areas outside of south and SW Texas.

Texan reporting in. This honestly. Being friends with a lot of other mexibros down here it seems to be some weird affect. It works with most other races too. Black people are less "gimmedat" too and most are willing to work. If you hear about racial violence here it's likely just a freak occurance or they are from luisiana.

My mother came to Texas before she had me, gotta say. I've visited other states before and the difference is night and day.

Here you won't go a couple of blocks without someone having their entire car painted red white and blue, american flags everywhere etc.

The love Texans have for their state is very different from anywhere else. I'm a Texan at heart, but that's probably because my mother's country is a shithole but even then, in all of America. I'd rather be in Texas.

>Mexicans in California: Poor, illegal
Family > Money

>Mexicans in Texas: Rich, legal
Money > Family

Mexicans in Texas are still pretty poor compared to the average white.

It's more a cultural thing. We don't live in tightly-packed slums in Texas, and respect and hospitality are regional values.

mexicans in texas actually get punished for their crimes so they learn to respect

Places where the bad type of Hispanics tend to concentrate:
>South California
>Miami & Orlando
>NYC
We're not all bad, I swear.

I'd imagine it's mostly an urban/rural thing

Do AZ and NM Mexicans have their own culture too or are they just kind of mongrels

New Mexico is Cartel Central, I thought.

who in right mind would go that shithole .. ??

Jail is better ..lol :)

Not as much as a subculture but a mutual understanding. Cali Mexicans are uppity and Tejanos are more American than anything else. You might find some uppity spicks in Tuscon but, alot of them learn real quick that we have a zero tolerance on bullshit.

>mexicans in texas
>legal
Yankee talks about my state.

Please show genealogical records tracing your family back to Texas during the war for independence.

If you cannot, get out, gringo.

We have a word for Texas Mexicans, we call them Texans.

Moved from germany in the early 1800s. That's hundreds of years more history than most mexicans here have.

Texan his-panic here. What the fuck is a chicano?

new mexico is basically texas culture

I live in the RGV and i'm a white person that moved here from up north 5 years ago and I can tell you that you're paradise with 3 story houses and drive a few miles down the road people are living in run down shacks. It's pretty peaceful though better than living near blacks

Aye

Everyone's better than Commiefornian's, worst state in the union with the worst people.

>German descent

>Showing animosity to Mexicans, who sheltered German-Americans fleeing from the depredations and massacres that Confederate troops enacted on German-Americans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nueces_massacre

>I live in the RGV

Dear god how awful

>It's pretty peaceful though better than living near blacks

As someone who hates the valley for being ghetto as fuck, I agree.

Out west you see all those pueblo houses and stuff, the mestizo people there are like a different tribe of Indian I think than the Tejanos were but they are basically the same aside from some aesthetics in how they design their blankets and clothes.

Valley isn't that ghetto desu

I live in pretty nice suburb here

>have record tracing family to Spain
>have record showing family paid for Texas Revolution
>have records of family serving in the Texas Army
>have record showing family fund Texas through the civil war
>have records of family serving in officer positions
>tfw still blessed with family name

Still pretty fucked. Still enjoy going there on occasion.

You'd see more of them out east, but adobe doesn't do well in humid climates.

They only really survive out west. The rest of the state is just far, far too steamy.

This la. My neighbor next door is a Mexican roach and all his kids have graduated uni and are cool people.

oh god are you a Zavala or Seguin?

Do we have some...

R A R E

A

R

E

heritage?

The same reason Texans are more based than Californians.

This was actually decently funny.

I'll go kill myself now.

>Puerto Rico

I beg to differ son. I lived in Florida for a bit before returning to Texas, and all the Puerto Ricans did was bitch about the Mexicans and how lazy they were while living off welfare themselves and watching the Mexicans bust their ass at real jobs. Join the union and pay taxes or gtfo.

Why are both in denial about being equal pieces of shit?

>Rick Perry passes bill to allow illegal scholarships, back in 2001
>biggest city to have a fag mayor

Someone's doing the cucking

> but family tradition says we were here for as long as anyone can tell.

We wuz Camanche n shieet

white washed hispanics.
worst than chicanos

Mexicans raised in Texas are going to be better than Mexicans raised in Commiefornia by default.

Sup chicano

Seguin went back to Mexico though

I can't speak for him, but I'm descendant from Friedrick Ernst. my family was Texan back when Texas was Mexico. Aztlan faggots can suck my balls.

to the general question of the thread: White Texans generally have treated Hispanics well. 36 or so of them died with us at the Alamo. many of them helped us gain our independence. we grew up next door them and went to school with them.
it's just the butthurt trash that tries to keep some La Raza pride going, and they get shit on by family members often. Tejanos are usually good people.

Texas is an overrated shithole fuck you guys for making it seem like a nice place

Get rid of the oil and military crap then give it to Mexico

I found this to be true but untrue. All of the illegals I knew still loved the fuck out of Mexico. They sure didn't want to go back, though.

Both are shit and NEED TO GO BACK.

What the fuck is wrong with this board in recent weeks? It turned into a somewhat racist version of reddit.

I'm dating an illegal beaner. Her family is pretty laid back. They're pretty accepting of me, but I speak quite a bit of beaner and I work hard (rare for a white American lol).
Fun Fact: Half her family is white with green or blue eyes.

>biggest city has fag mayor

Houston here with fag mayor. They really haven't done anything cuck related. They just clear up potholes quicker and allowed a "first chance law" which keeps people from facing jail time when caught with weed. Other than more highways, nothing will ever change here.

Get fucking rek'd by you dumb fucking cuck.

I'm a leaf and even think texas is better, you can't do shit.

>Texas
>has to wear cowboy hat
>has to say "yall"

This is why no one likes our state,

>Claim to love mexico and consider themselves mexican first

>would not leave the usa to go back to mexico under any circumstances

thats why I fucking hate mexicans

Fag aside, nobody hasn't really noticed. In fact, I can't think of anything that's changed under her. The HERO act failed though haha.

You have to go back.

Suck a dick, Austinfag.

The only true thing is when they ask where he is from and he just keeps repeating Texas.

in the meantime me and my mexibros are chilling in based AZ because Texas and Cali both blow dick

>Arizona

NM has a lower population of mexican immigrants (legal and illegal) than most other states. most hispanics here trace their ancestry back to 1598 and the original spanish settlement. the spanish spoken here is quite unique and so is the local cuisine.

its a big state

>Phoenix is one of the hottest cities on earth
>pointing out that it is hot in July is fucking retarded

hey did you know Canada gets cold?

>he thinks 82 degrees is better

Want to know how I know you're not white?

Why are the Cali Mexicans lighter than the Texan ones? It's the other way around.

Texasbros, can floridianbros ride with you? We are also hot and wear boots and have many Hispanics

Also I can talk to Galveston over HAM radio

>getting furious about literal soccer banter

>no humidity

you dont even understand do you?

without humidity 100 in the shade is quite pleasant.

>you know how I know you are a fatass?

>Cubans

>Hispanic

fuck off alaska

Illegals are the exception.

They can be ANYWHERE and still pride their crumbling country over any 1st world western country.

>>no humidity
>you dont even understand do you?
>without humidity 100 in the shade is quite pleasant.
>>you know how I know you are a fatass?

What kind of cringe shit is this

I love it when he drops the big ass tortillas over the little pussy ones.
Like jesus what kind of fag uses those little pieces of shit? I have watch faces bigger than that.

get a load of this new guy

Besides that, nigger, I live in Midland, I know about hot weather without humidity. If you voluntarily choose to live in a place like this, IE Arizona, you simply can't be fucking white

Tejanos are as conservative as it gets, is their only saving grace

It's like having pride in the place you live makes you more willing to work to make it better or something

>whites conquered the world
>if you live in a place thats hot you arent white

this, get em out of here

>literally too hot for human life is the same as "hot"

Woulda thrown her traitor ass to the ground, DESU.

"family" in mexican terms is like my sicilian family. It is large, you can get into trouble with your cousins

whites have families, but they are immediate families.

>too hot for human life

k

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohokam

The native white population in Texas is increasing it's just the NAFTA migrants outnumber us.

>literal non-white people

you just proved my point you stupid desert monkey

really?
even if not, keep telling me sweet lies

Oh... you are a this retarded.

I'm decedent of Pols from Chicago like 60% of Phoenix so, no I'm not a desert monkey.

Secondly Natives are people, shitty people, but people none the less. That picture shows more development than Africans when left to their own devices.

you're taking hyperbole a little serious in the first place

the point is that 107 degrees is too damn hot for white people

No its not, I live in it now, we invented air conditioning just like we invented chimneys and furs.

if anything your attitude that we cant do anything about hot weather is a more niggerish attitude than anything.

you can't take air conditioner with you outside

enjoy your sunburn in 180 seconds of exposure

NM and AZ are different style of food and the houses are different in appearance as well

One major difference is the use of corn and notorious "hatch chile pepper" aka green chile in a lot of New Mexican style dishes.

>you cant take your air conditioner with you