So why did people pretend this was good?

So why did people pretend this was good?

better than the other garbage films apart from Jackie, Silence, and 13 Hours

>pretend
Do you feel like you fit in now on this anonymous chinese memes and frogposting board where no one knows who you are or even if you are one poster or the next?

I'm wondering too. I think it's one of those movies that cons stupid people into thinking it's smart. It has nice visuals though.

>pretty basic horror story
>revenge tale
>protagonist dies in the end
generic and linear as fuck but ohhh:
>it's a play within a play
>we get to know the backstory of the writer and his ex-girlfriend
Pretty cheap trick if you ask me. Especially since both stories are connected very loosely.

I thought it was pretty okay.

Now what I didn't get was love for THIS movie.

I loved it for subjective reasons that I don't need to explain because you won't understand.

It's not a revenge story you daft tard.

Superior Texas movie coming through

>not a revenge story

>group of guys kill his wife and daughter
>he sets out on a mission to get them arrested and charged for what they did
>not revenge

Let me guess: you were hurt too

:) Susan is a cunt

I have no idea what happened in the non story part because I was to focused on what was happening in the story.

What the fuck happened in the non story part?

based Ben carry this movie its pretty but thats about it

Nothing of much note.

Awful film.

>Amy Adams is with an aspiring young writer Jack
>aborts their baby and leaves him because he has no success
>twenty years later, her husband cheats on her and she is unhappy
>writer sends her copy of new book about revenge on demon like figure who took wive and child from him
>she hopes to reconnect, but he DOESN'T SHOW UP
>TATATATAAA

One thing that really angers me about the movie is how inconsequential it is. On one hand, it implies that Jake took his misery and made something out of it, while Amy took the easy road and now is alone and unhappy. Yet, she's obviously a successful art dealer who has fun friends, quite a good relationship with her teenage daughter and who is probably only in some sort of midlife crisis. Maybe four month after the movie, she is divorced, travels and fucks with her cute assistant and is overall on top again.

The opening to me was the epitome of try-hard.
It meant literally nothing, was just designed to be shocking. Pointless.

>Showing old, haggard women who are content with themselves and dont care about the approval of others meant nothing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>löök at le föurth wöll
>le me jüst le bröke it
Tom Ford is a genius!

>Yet, she's obviously a successful art dealer

Except they're going bankrupt?

Well, there is one conversation about that, and then there is the rest of the movie where she parades around her thousand dollar dresses, sits in museum board meetings and fancy restaurants, is adored by her younger colleagues and goes to rich old hipster parties. Show don't tell suggests: she's going to be fine.

Ford probably means to criticize how shallow and empty that world (his world) is, and it is meant to be self aware, yet it is only detached.