Did you like all the Harry Potter films?

Did you like all the Harry Potter films?

In before dullest franchise etc.

It is pretty fucking boring though.

I think the third one is the best, first two are mainly for kids so I don't care for them, the rest are ok

I like them all except 1, 2 and 6.

1 and 2 are too faithful to the book, were watchable as a little kid but we all outgrew them a long time ago

6 is too slow-paced and devotes too much screentime to useless romantic subplots

I only monitor Harry Potter threads so that I can witness the copy-pasta

Sort yourselves.

(although the Sorting Hat takes your choice into account)

Gryffindor

>Bravery
>Nerve
>Chivalry
>Courage
>Daring
>Strength of Will
>Justice
>Honour
>Courtesy

Hufflepuff

>Dedication
>Hard Work
>Fair play
>Patience
>Kindness
>Tolerance
>Unafraid of Toil

Slytherin

>Resourcefulness
>Cunning
>Ambition
>Leadership qualities
>Self-Preservation
>Determination
>Cleverness
>Fraternity
>Power

Ravenclaw

>Intelligence
>Wit
>Wisdom
>Creativity
>Originality
>Individuality
>Acceptance

i always thought that Chamber was the heaviest film of all of them.

I honestly don't like them. I also hated th fact that that gutted Ron's character so that Hermoine could have his good lines. They made her look flawless and him and idiot because he has almost no redeeming qualities now and she doesn't have anywhere near the problems she originally had

chambers is my favorite
really felt like it was the most faithful to the book in aesthetics and style

felt like there was a huge shift in tone after that one
but maybe that was for the best considering how dark it gets

It's one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

i'm not a popnerd so no

Why would I like any of the """films""" in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The Deathly Hallows Part 2 game is surprisingly decent.

>somehow they turned HP into a Gears of War-style cover-based shooter where spells = guns

you can't inb4 in your own post, dickwad

weak intro, guys

I genuinely don't like them because I was already a bookfag & lore-autist when I was 14 and they started coming out.
They are watchable braindead entertainment, anyone who tries to sell them as more than merely that to me I deem that person an autist and deny it the "true fan" token.
Seriously, claiming to love weak movie adaptations of books as if it were the equivalent of the books and acting like a conoisseur when you can only blab about the movies makes you a toxic person to me.

OH MY GOD STOP POSTING THIS PASTA AND GET SOME ORIGINAL OPINIONS

Yes, I did.

Also, how did the dullest franchise meme even begin? The only movie that even gets close to being dull is Deathly Hallows 1 when they spend an hour camping in the forest.

Slytherine of course. Zap the mudbloods, muggle war now

Not really. 3 was great, 5 and 7 were fun, but the others were quite boring.

Jesus is memebase still around?

They were fucking dull, yeah, but at least it was sorta fun to see the book on screen. But man, do I hated the last book, it was literal cancer in every sense of the word. Still haven't watched the movie to it to this day.

Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Half Blood Prince are actually kino.

>lore
Is there any other word that can more efficiently out one as an autist of the highest caliber?

not him, but i use it often when referring to huge fantasy worlds like Warcraft, LOTR and Potter, what other word would substitute it?

Best when it keeps things comfy or adventurous
Worst why it tries too hard to be dark & gritty

Why didnt they use the same cinematographer in halfblood prince for the rest of the sequels

I only cared for the third and sixth film, though the first two carried the sense of magic and fun later films wouldn't. I still watched Fntastic Beasts, and that had a lot of the same problems as previous HP films, with ugly/DULL scenery and effects, to uninteresting characters , and being too long. I'm still gonna watch the next 4, if only to complain more. Overall they aren't bad, just not anything special, even compared to other blockbuster franchises like Star Wars.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D