Samurai Kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8
youtube.com/watch?v=_8gWWLS4dLc&t=1301
youtube.com/watch?v=qNVxmyx4Eb8&t=1301
youtube.com/watch?v=GmVqB3YCYfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Time to watch some old episodes.

Which ones should I re watch? Thinking the dog episode, the future vision one, guardians of set, what else?

Fine I guess no one wants any more samurai kino

How do they know in which tomb is Jack hiding?
>In b4 the fly
The fly is already inside the tomb.

Why is Sup Forumseddit so fucking embarrassing?

Imakandi
Jack and the 300
Ultrarobots

First 3 episodes
Jack and the Warrior Woman
Jack and the 3 blind Archers
Jack and the Lava Monster
Jack and the Scotsman
Aku's Fairy Tales
Jack and the Scotsman Part 2
Jack and the Rave
Jack and the Zombies
Jack and the Travelling Creatures
The Birth of Evil Part 1 & 2
Samurai vs Ninja
Samurai vs Samurai
The Aku infection
The Princess and the Bounty Hunters
Jack vs Aku
The 4 seasons of Death
The Tale of X9

I know that's a lot but those are all the best ones (imo).

Every Scotsman episode.
Three Blind Archers.
Aku's Fairytales.
Jack jump good
Jack and the Woolies
Jack and the Traveling Creatures
Jack and the Ultra-robots
Jack and the Farting Dragon
Jack and the Spartans
Jack's Sandals
Samurai vs. Ninja
Samurai vs. Samurai

they just did. they either heard him move or smelled his sweat because they clue in on him instantly after searcing for about 30 seconds

>my teenage self will never know the potential joy of an amazing final season of samrai jack in his future
It's bittersweet how awesome this is

They hear him tighten his grip on his weapon. As soon as his hilt made that stretching leather noise the sisters turned their attention towards his sarcophagus.

>Samureddit Jack

Wait, samurai jack is fucking back??!
remember like a year ago I heard rumors about a movie that never came out and now a season 5?

From the webm, the only fly that isn't hovering around the roots is the one on Jack's. His focus on the firefly I think implies that he knew he was in trouble from it.

>Morricone starts playing

SJ has been around longer than Reddit. If you werent 19 you would know that.

season 5 episode 2 just came out last night

HOW DID THEY UNDERSTAND

>the fireflies still moving in the background
>the from behind pov off the dead king
kino

I wish we could have webm's with sound

why is this Sup Forumsco/ trash posted here so much now?

/film/ when?

>/film/ when?
once you stop fapping to trannies

It was proto-reddit.

NOPE

youtube.com/watch?v=ppMe1I0xVo8

Watched this samurai kino yesterday. A real solid film; stuck pretty close to the source material too which is something I didn't expect.

>tfw existing in the past, present and future at the same time

Younger me will never know.

Murderer!

SAMURAI OF MURDER

why do people think the dog is dead?

you can hear it whimper in the last second

it's a CLEVERLY HIDDEN WHIMPER, you might confuse the dog whimpering with the ambience which just ADDS to the brilliant sound design

but indeed

listen closely

the dog still lives

youtube.com/watch?v=_8gWWLS4dLc&t=1301

fixed link

youtube.com/watch?v=qNVxmyx4Eb8&t=1301

21:40, listen closely and yoo'll hear one single whimper

>mfw this whole scene

Whoa I thought everyone was machine in Samurai Jack?

By the trailer for the new season we can deduce that at least 2 more of the sisters die. When they threaten him in the snow and tell him their destiny is his death there's only 4 of them.

>Sais
>Chain
>Staff
>Machetes

Two them use the long stick with metal studs in it but I think one of those two primarily fights with her hands. Both of these girls die, and Katana is already dead.

Do they still do that thing where they use a single sound effect a thousand fucking times during an action sequence?

So did Jack.

The entire of episode 02 was kino desu

Amazing, I'm so happy the new season is everything I hoped it would be

Also, Ashe, the named girl from the first one, if I had to guess, I'd say she is the one using the chain.

>Jack screaming when the chain is tightening around him
My favorite part about this episode was how panicked and scared Jack was

>"Samurai Kino"
>thread is actually about some shitty cartoon

That is the music, user. The dog is dead. Give it up.

>some shitty cartoon

Get out

>he speaks aloud the lyrics to the original theme song

Audible sigh.

man on a technical animation level its somewhat rough when compared to good anime, it is western animation after all, but this show is hype as fuck the episode flies by like nothing.

they do an excelent job of maintaining atmosphere and tension.

>you will live to see Samurai Jack win another primetime emmy

The only reason the fly would be in the tomb would be if it was recently open

>Jack jump good
>Jack and the Farting Dragon
>Jack's Sandals
The three worst episodes in the entire series.

>thinking it's the music

That's brilliant sound design for you

youtube.com/watch?v=GmVqB3YCYfY

The director for this series ALREADY TOLD YOU to pay attention to the sound direction by fucking audibly narrating the first episode.

This is a hint to open your fucking ears.

what

SJ has always had an interesting visual style to it, and this is more polished

All the emmys

*unsheathes katana*

>Jack has PTSD from having to deal with aku for 50 years

>Aku has PTSD from having to deal with jack for 50 years

>Jack is arguing with himself in episode 2
>Aku is consoling himsef in episode 2

are we headed for a MGS4 style final fight?

Real samurai kino

From ejaculating

>best kurosawa

>Samurai Kino is back

YESSSSS

>landing on his ass that hard

jack must be super thicc to not break his tailbone

kek

>man on a technical animation level its somewhat rough when compared to good anime

It isn't though.

SJ has always maintained the same level of quality animation from episode to episode. 99% of all Anime can't. This is why they use medium shots and recycle animation so much. It's to get around the low budget, still-frames with moving mouths. There's very little difference between most Anime and Clutch Cargo.

You and I both do this so they can splurge on two to three fight scenes or whatever, per season.

The alternatives is to do OVA's, which have a churn rate of like one installment a year and have pretty much the same budget as a single season.

SJ spreads the entire budget over its season equally, like basically all shows that don't rely on tent-pole episodes to prop up ratings. GoT for instance blows inordinate sums of money on a few episodes, just like the Anime we're discussing.

Further, when given an appropriate budget the West beats out pretty much all Eastern animation.

101 Dalmations is a stupefying in how well animated it is, and its one of the films that animators to do this day are taught about.

If you are just talking fights, well, let's use Tartakovsky again and look at what he did by using the "dump all of the budget on several small episodes" method like in Japan: The Clone Wars.

Give the man the right amount of money, and he can do anything.

Issa lock.

The long stick with the studs is a kanabo, a Japanese mace effectively.

This shit is much MUCH deeper and more meta than I thought it was going to be.

It's seriously just a much more mature version of the original cartoon, like Genndy purposely scaled it for the generation of kids who grew up with it and are now adults, while still keeping all of the things that made the original series such a treasure (and poking fun at the censorship so much it actually becomes a well-integrated plot point).

It's literally fucking brilliant and is one of the few things in a long LONG time that has surpassed my already high expectations.

Samurai Jack season 5 is the ______ of cartoons.

Apocalypse Now

*Real samourai kino

reddit please kill yourself

nice the cum even reflects on the teeth

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Jump Good is kino, but the other two are trash.

I never realized how important quality score and sound effects were until SJ and in the first two eps I'm even more reminded of it now.

If you haven't seen this then where the hell have you been.

Literally GOAT

the whole point of the wolf parallel is that jack being a lone wolf can only end one way. eventually someone will get him.

DELET

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I love the way they used the wolf as an allegory to introduce the first real violence to the program
They didn't just pretend that the program's always been bloody, they acknowledged that it was all robots. But the first wolf-bite is the first flowing blood the program ever showed us (unless I'm forgetting something?)
It even brought us in slowly with a mix of green and red blood for the wolves before Jack went all homicide

Even though it's a very shocking scene, the way Jack disarms her and then slashes her throat with her own sword is really fucking sick.

How much time has elapsed in the universe between last season and this season, what happened at the end of the last season, and what has jack been doing since the last season?

>How much time has elapsed in the universe between last season and this season.
50 years
>what happened at the end of the last season
that episode with the baby
>what has jack been doing since the last season?
The same shit presumably -1 sword

Same.

The sequels were TRASH. The first one was probably the best live action anime adaptation that will ever exist. Next two were just cash grabs with no pacing or production value whatsoever.

I wouldn't say they were trash, but you're right the first was 10/10. The others just couldn't match it.

Cash grabs? Probably.

When did he lose the sword?

Nice one, babe

Prior to episode 1 of Season 5, but it is shown in that episode via flashback.

first new episode is 92. Last episode before that was 50. So in one of the 42 lost episodes.

over 50 years