Sup Forums needs to learn about American apartments...

Sup Forums needs to learn about American apartments. Millions of people live in them and they are not comparable to those found in Europe or South America.

They're usually very, very plain and basic with cheap building materials. Utilities are often included. Wage slaves live in these places.

Here's how they go
>on the outside edges of cities, getting more expensive towards the center
>parking lot is usually pretty deserted
>crappy pool and patio most people never use
>laundromat near pool and rental office
>entrance may be indoor or outdoor, more than 5 levels of height is uncommon
>usually brick exterior
>walk and you are in a decently large living room and dining room area. Many young people use the dining room area for a computer desk instead
>kitchenette off to the side
>bathroom at the end of the hall past the kitchen
>bedroom on the other side of the hall, usually 1 or 2. One decent sized one and one very small one.
>"walk-in" closet in the bigger bedroom to store things
>all walls are bland beige color and most people never bother to repaint them
>cheap furniture in the living room, a large HDTV on a cheap stand, and numerous pieces of cheap entertainment strewn about: game systems, laptops, phones, tablets, fantasy and sci-fi novels, DnD books, some toys and action figures perhaps, shelf with some old DVDs that never get touched
>weed and weed paraphernalia laying around
>kitchen has cheap mismatched collection of pots and pans, and dollar store plates, cups, and glasses. And a $12 drip coffee maker or a off-brand kuerig machine.
>fridge is nearly empty and has more condiments than food a lot of the time
>bedroom has another big TV and game systems hooked up. Bed has a massive thick comforter thrown over it. It has a good chance of just being the bare mattress sitting on the floor with no framing.
>walk in closet has old game systems and accessories, board games, and women's accessories

cont.

>small bedroom may be a kid's room, and will be nearly empty other than some cheap toys and a small mattress laying on the carpet.
>if is occupied by a adult it will look like a NEET cell with either bare walls or nerd posters about anime, fantasy, or games. With a decently powerful desktop computer setup inside. A lot of Americans are posting on Sup Forums from rooms like this.
>Bathroom is usually very small and awful, with leaky ceilings if you don't live on the top floor. Mold is very hard to keep under control
>In apartments where utilities are included in rent and the occupants are men it is common to just slam the AC to the lowest temp possible 24/7. Women often complain about this when over as company.
>In the spring the AC will not be turned on yet and it will be hot.
>Almost no interaction with neighbors, but you can still hear them all the time if they are above you.
>ever present roaches
>bed bugs every few years

Woah what a great and informative thread!

Liked and subscribed.

Is this about apartments in Compton?

Try getting a job that isn't neetbucks lmao

Great post. But why don't you cozy up your livingroom?

And why is the floor always with a wall-to-wall carpet?

why do americans like carpets ( moquette) so much? Why don't they use tiles? They like to live in the dirt?

There's a fading association with carpets to luxury in the minds of Americans. Many baby boomers grew up in houses that didn't have carpet and fell in love with the concept when they were looking for their own homes. A house without carpet would be considered to lack warmth.

This is contrast to most Americans wearing shoes in the house and making their carpets filthy. If I had a house it would have no carpet anywhere due to allergy and cleanliness concerns. Still, i would miss the days of sprawling in the living room floor on the soft carpet as a kid.

Why does apartments come with a public pool?

>There's a fading association with carpets to luxury

mmm weird thing...here it's about parquet

It's not my photo. I live with my parents currently. This is a photo of my old apartment circa 2006. I'm on the waiting list for some assisted living apartments right now, but the list is long and slow moving. However, I have an interview this Tuesday for one, so maybe soon.

I think carpets are max comfy, I use carpets in most rooms of my house. just use a hoover regularly and don't wear shoes indoors and they stay clean

Oh sorry, I meant just in general. I have the impression that your livingrooms are quite plain and non-cozy, like you just descrived:
>cheap furniture in the living room, a large HDTV on a cheap stand, and numerous pieces of cheap entertainment strewn about

About your photo though, why do you have a TV from the 90s? Don't you get normal new TVs for $300-400?

If I am able to get into a economy apartment soon I will probably use the skills I have learned looking for things in thrift stores to sell on ebay to furnish the apartment. There is a lot of very good stuff for sale for almost nothing on facebook marketplace, an overlooked section of the site.

I'll try not to have an apartment full of tacky media and cheap stuff this time. Just a nice sofa, some end tables, a real coffee table, and a good entertainment center made from wood.

Why do you need assisted living apartments

In 2006 I was in college and quite poor. I paid $80 for that TV at a University auction. It was not HD, but was superior in every way but resolution to a $300 HDTV of the time period.

Life can be difficult sometimes.

I see. Don't think I've seen those kind of TVs here since the 90s. I assumed you would've owned it all those years up until 2006.

Have you had a rough time since you're waiting for an assisted living apartment?

Elaborate

I don't like to go into a lot of detail but I will say that I should have gone to an emergency room six years ago and instead waited until Monday to see a regular doctor because I was too young and ignorant to know better. By the time I got in a hospital the damage was done. It's a common story in the United States.

You keep saying it's a common story but I think you are just projecting your own experiences.

What you're saying about apartments is retarded. Where did you live where there's bedbugs, roaches and a leaky ceiling?

I have worked for the government in the past and saw the inside of dozens of lower class young people's apartments and they all have these similar features.

Oh you could have just said niggers on welfare

The biggest difference I saw with poor blacks is they had very small CRT televisions in the living room and bedroom even up until 2010, the sofa is pushed away from the wall and there is a futon matress behind it where someone is sleeps, and they often did not have any internet or cable television even in a time period it was assumed pretty much everyone would have it.

>walk straight into the living room

surely you have a foyer with a clothes rack, shoe rack, closets etc.

Finally a good thread from an ameriposter, thanks.
I think USA is more a McMansion country because you have a shit ton of land

They already have fridges

I lived in a small cheap apartment in the downtown area of a SMALL town in the US for a while, and I kind of enjoyed it. First of all, it was very cheap by local standards. I paid $350/month for 1 bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, a laundry closet (washer/dryer), living room, and a couple storage closets.

Second, I had a shitty job at a bank, but my "commute" was a walk of 150 yards or so down the street. I didn't even need to drive. Third, there was a cheap restaurant underneath my unit. The owners knew me personally after a few days, and gave me discounts on food. They closed at 9pm, so, noise wasn't an issue at night.

The disadvantages were mice (I borrowed a cat from a friend to solve that problem), and my parking space was in an alley next to a wall, so I had to drop off passengers somewhere else, because there was no room to open the passenger door in my parking space. Other than that, it was fine.