Can somebody explain how the current system...

Can somebody explain how the current system, where every team receives the same amount of money regardless of success or not, creates an incentive to win? You clearly have teams like the Browns which do nothing each year and there is no form of punishment for it. Everybody still walks away with a paycheck at the end of the day. The alternative solution also isn't that great because you create teams with too much money and they suck up all the talent while leaving everybody else behind. Can anything be done?

Give the best teams that didn't make the playoffs the top draft picks instead of giving them to the biggest losers. That would help the teams that need a little push become more competitive.
The Ravens should get a top draft pick, not the fucking Browns.

If every team is getting the same money what is the fucking point of post-season?

Pride. you wouldnt understand

sports are an entertainment business, you fucking moron. the incentive is to make money, winning has nothing to do with anything

So every game in post-season they do it for free? Why?

Tbh tho i don't even watch this faggy fucking sport lmao

The whole idea of the inverted draft order is that the better teams don’t NEED better picks. Your system would make a small pool of teams suck all the time.

Wrong you complete fucking idiot

Are you trolling?

But we do have a small pool of teams that suck all the time, the Browns being the leader of the pack.

Absolutely wrong. Almost every team has had at least moderate success within the last decade.
Not a argument

euros stop trying to meddle with our sports

right now you have a small pool of teams that suck all the time, and a small pool of teams that can never break through a win % plateau, at least my version would fix one problem
besides, let's be real the browns are beyond redemption, no draft or salary cap system would ever fix that wreck of a team

The salary cap isn't a paycheck.
It's a maximum amount of money that a team is allowed to spend.
Teams aren't "paid" the cap.

The incentive to win is pretty obvious - from an organizational standpoint, you gain more fans and more money. From a player standpoint, you don't get cut and you keep collecting paychecks.

>right now you have a small pool of teams that suck all the time, and a small pool of teams that can never break through a win % plateau, at least my version would fix one problem
Fucking how?

>every team receives the same amount of money

[citation needed]

by helping the teams that are good, but not good enough. the bengals, ravens, raiders, should be getting the top picks

....but the Browns.
If we had relegation than Ohio would never have a team in any sport (once lebron jumps ship). Also flyoverstates get subsidized by coastal states who bring in more money.

I could be wrong but isn't the money redistributed to all the teams with a salary cap? The players and management take their checks from here. The total sum that each team gets from ticket sales and fan support (this varies of course) is off limits to them right? They can only draw money from the figure under the salary cap?

That's not how it works, or anything remotely resembling that.

Next time do a little research before starting a shitty thread.

the NFL is the world's largest money-laundering cartel. it is exempt from anti-trust legislation and the owners are connected out the wazoo and will never be investigated by the FBI.

Biggest sport and richest league in the world
Only one division
Only 32 teams in the whole world

Such an easy fix but they will never ever do it

5 seasons of below .500 play equals loss of ownership. Period.

Fuck that. Five consecutive seasons of below .500 play equals permanent banishment from the league.

Why can't euros understand parity? Outside of the Browns sucking and the Patriots success, any team has a shot at doing great in any given year. Once Brady and Belichick hang it up, NFL parity is going to be perfect.

Merchandise revenues far exceed television revenue and no one wants the merchandise of a losing team. Learn how shit works before talking about it

There is no parity in the NFL

>NFC playoffs are basically a completely different set of teams from a year ago
>No parity

>there is parity because the pats get a new victim every year

>and the Patriots always win in the end

The pats being really good doesn't change the fact that basically every other team is a competitor. The pats will regress back to the mean as soon as TB/BB are gone.

Hell, the Pats only even won their last two owls because the shehawks and falcons choked retarded hard

Out of the last 10 Super Bowls the Patriots have won two and every other owl was won by different teams. I'd hardly call that the Pats winning all the time.

There is no point in "diversity" if the same guys always win

Fucking this. Successful teams get bandwagon fans that spend more money. Teams with bigger fanbases and who perform well also are more lucrative for TV spots. The argument that there is no economic incentive to win is complete misconstrued bullshit. I don't know if it was intentional on the OP or just out of ignorance.
>"victim" of the Pats
The Falcons were a victim of themselves, and the Seahawks did legitimately get beat but arguably shot themselves in the foot too. Hell if anything, back in the late 80s and early 90s the AFCCG was the competition to be the sacrificial lamb to the grossly dominant NFC (poor Bills).

This. There's a reason why the Pats net worth is double the Browns.

The browns aren't 0-16 because of the draft, their shit because of shit management.

Except the pats are two plays away from not having won a super bowl in the last 12 years

>Bongistonian
Bruh...they have incentives in contracts to make the playoffs, as well as bonuses for playing in the games

We have a winner. The 'dominance' of the pats is some combination of meme magic and cheating, even then they have only won twice in the last decade. The entire 5 -owl brady/bilichek era has been nothing but memery getting them through. Even putting the asterisks aside, they won three by a FG and two by absolute fucking chokery. The could easily have 0 owls right now. The two they actually should have won by every measure are precisely the two that they lost, because eli is ultimate meme-god in the NFL and he doesn't allow anyone to beat him at that game.

t. I have never actually engaged in any competition of any kind, much less any sort of athletic competition, because not only am I not a male, but I am not even a normal contemporary female. I am instead a lesbian separatist feminist and I have successfully lived on our commune these years, wholly oblivious to how the large majority of the species actually thinks, feels, and acts in practice.

which is to say that the former are worth exactly twice as much as the latter. And twice zero is zero, because real football, despite being the real verson of the sport, is meaningless (soccer even moreso).

The browns have lost 17 games in a row, the last time they won they broke their streak of losing 17 games in a row, they have gone [spoiler]1-34[/spoiler] . But somehow people still support them, I saw a Browns licence plate awhile ago with the numbers" C Y I CRY"

Normally I wouldn't care about another team sucking but something needs to be done about the Browns, they are damaging the league as a whole being this bad.

Lions were as bad as the Browns until they got Stafford, Jags were as bad as the Browns until they got Ramsey. 25 years ago the Pats were as bad as the Browns until they got Parcells.

This.