en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_NFL_Draft
youtube.com/watch?v=GOnGmE4ofVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tfw Texans

jews can't play sports, browns best be wise

>implying there is anything wrong with coin flips
It's literally 50/50. You can't get any more objective than that

>#1 and #4 picks

Can't wait to see how they fuck this up.

has a team ever had #1 and #2?

Lmao what a cucked "country"

They should do it like soycer where it ends in a tie and everyone gets a trophy

>mfw broncobro
Might be picking up Del Rio as a coach and hopefully we can draft a competent QB

no, i think the closest is #1 and #3 but im too drunk to do any research rn

Yes.
The Colts did one year. Both were bust.

Literally the only time the Browns are entertaining is around the draft.

Why don't they just pick a captain and make them play Rock, Paper, Scissors for it?

what year?

You got no room to talk burrito boy

I don't watch the draft - is the coinflip a sponsored event they do during the 50 hour draft show?
Or is it a shady behind closed doors blatantly fixed NBA lottery type deal

holy shit how is this not talked about more???

The best player in that draft is Tommy Maddox.

lol, i was thinking the same thing going down that list.

why doesnt the nfl have a draft lottery like the nba and nhl?

>DE
>ILB
That's why. Nobody cares if you whiff early in the draft unless it's on a QB and to a lesser extent RB/WR
It also helps that I've only heard of 4 of those guys, which means a normal person has only heard of 1

>tfw the Eagles beat the Colts in a coin flip last year, and drafted Derek Barnett
I don't see what the problem is.

ive heard of Emtman

Last time they had a similar situation they took Trent Richardson and that 30 year old QB Brandon Weeden. Let's see how they outdo themselves this time.

because draft lotteries are retarded

mlb/nfl does the draft right. you draft your record

> muh tanking
tanking is a meme, the draft is the fastest way to turn around, but you can put a team in mediocre hell with no lottery wins and also reward teams that barely miss the playoffs with a high pick

look up the 1983-84 houston rockets m8

>t.. starts watching football three years ago and thinks the only name he recognizes is the best one

T. Buck, Marco Coleman, Searcy, Sean Gilbert , Troy Vincent and a few others all miles better than Maddox. Actually a pretty solid draft.

they'll probably draft a woman

Never fucking talk to me like that again

How come tanking is a successful strategy in the NBA (see 76ers) but not the NFL?

>tanking is a successful strategy in the NBA
>see 76ers

NBA has 5 starters, and one player can turn you from a shit team to a playoff team. Just add some weapons with free agency and there you go a pretty good team that will get raped by the warriors anyways.

Nah NFL is pretty fair about it shittiest records get picks in that order. Only reason why browns have 2 top picks this year is fair trades from other teams.

Jesus what an awful draft year.

How have the 76ers been successful

There is no difference between the ninth and tenth picks in the draft. This is basically a coinflip to determine who gets to call heads or tails in a later coinflip.

it's all about playing the odds, the worse you are the more likely you'll get a higher draft choice
also in the NFL you have 7 rounds and what you do in the other 6 plays a big role in your teams sucess
t.70s steelers,80s 49ers,90s cowboys and more importantly since the salary cap 21st century pats

Darnold and Barrett

To be fair they fleeced the Colts with Richardson and got a first rounder back off them for him.

but what did they do with that pic?

Browns things.

>the utter state of the 1992 nfl first round
all those guys you listed were serviceable but if thats the best you can come up with in a first round then its shit

ffs are the browns seriously going to draft yet ANOTHER QB when the reason their QBs are so shit is because of the awful offensive line forcing passes??

>Chandler was taken in the third round of the draft by the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts deemed Chandler expendable due to his poor play, and the fact that they selected Jeff George with the first overall choice in the 1990 draft. Chandler was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1990 for a 1st round draft choice that turned out to be the 2nd overall pick (The Colts also had the 1st pick the same year. The pick that they got for Chandler they used on Quentin Coryatt). Chandler was cut during the 1991 season. As a Buccaneer, he had an 0-6 record as a starter, threw for 5 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, and had a passer rating of 44.9

wait...w..why the fuck would the bucs agree on that?

seeing as the worst teams get the best drafts, the coin flip should be replaced by some kind of challenge, where the loser would get 9th

The Browns might draft 2 first rd QB busts here is how an organization turns around. Build a strong as fuck defense and get a head coach who will make them play hard every game no matter what. Build a strong Oline, grab some reliable WRs off of FA. Don’t grab a shiny fucking meme QB get the QB with good fundamentals, a desire to win and play no matter where he is. Congrats I just helped you build a team like every single NFL dynasty was built.

>DE drafted 3rd is a pro-bowler

Fucking Browns with two top five picks.
These fucks have been getting multiple top picks for the last few years, and it still doesn't help.

>but you can put a team in mediocre hell with no lottery wins
instead it's better to have 8-8 teams in a hopeless situation?

BobWhitfield is the best player in that draft.

Aren't first drafts always shit anyway?

good post friend

>Actually a pretty solid draft
uwotmate.jpg
>the 1992 draft in retrospect is considered one of the worst in league history.
>It is the only draft since 1960 to produce no Pro Football Hall of Famers.
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_NFL_Draft

youtube.com/watch?v=GOnGmE4ofVQ

Browns should draft two qbs. Just in case the number 1 pick is a bust they can go to qb number 2 right away instead of waiting til 2019 draft.

8-8 teams are usually due to a) mental errors that cost them 1-2 games that were most likely close or b) inept coaching. those are fixable

lottery hell is worse because you need impact players, and in the nba a single guy can be a huge gamechanger

this draft didn't produce a single hall of famer. What a terrible year to have #1 and #2 holy shit

and EVERYBODY gets in the NFL HoF

nfl games are decided by coin flips

What's bad is that a coinflip is the final tiebreaker for making the playoffs. There's like 20 tiebreakers in front of it though and there's zero chance it would ever happen.

Classic bucs

>32nd: Minnesota Vikings

>inb4 Madman Dorsey drafts two linebackers at 1 and 4

>all those guys you listed were serviceable
And still better than Maddox, which was his point

>the 9/10 picks in the draft decide the sport

>yfw this unironically happens

Yeah, I think that's the point. By the time they would theoretically get to the coin flip for playoff entry they've exhausted every worthwhile metric that could be used to qualify a team but they still need SOMETHING to base the decision on that isn't subjective. I would still love to see it happen someday just to listen to the savage butthurt on local sports radio.

>ARI 15
Can we get a QB...

Sad but true, remember SBLI? That final coin toss decided the game.

That game should never have come down to the 50/50

I am dumb, what happened?