Did Fredo deserve what he got?

did Fredo deserve what he got?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r-I4VIR5yGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cancer? No

Is John Cazale really the greatest actor in the history of cinema? The Master Thespian?

He could've been a NEET and lived a comfy life.

Yes.
Only women think Michael went too far.

of course.
every character he played are /ourguys/

They all used to be so handsome. Aging is rough.

never go against the family

Of course. It's not like he just did stuff to hurt the family financially. He literally gave info to aid in an assassination attempt on Michael.

No he didn't. Fredo was just a dumb sibling. But Michael is paranoid and greedy with power. He wouldn't let a liability like that go unchecked.

He regretted it later, wasn't a great idea.

He chose the life of crime. He can't cry when he's subject to the rules.

Theres so many layers to this question I dont know if I can be asked unless people actually wanna engage with it so I'll start light.

First ask did Fredo get what was necessary? Did he NEED to be killed by his own brother? It's subjective of course but the whole film is built around an inevitable consequence of an unintended action. Tragedy in its purest form. So the answer is yes Michael did need to kill him.

The balance between Fredos death being just or necessary or both is perhaps THE key theme in the film. Both for the viewer and Michael

How many times did you watch Godfather II before you realized Fredo was the only one that supported Michael's decision to join the military at the end of the movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=r-I4VIR5yGg

My favourite scene in film history and yh good point

Also notice how he picks up the chair when Sonny knocks it over out of anger. Wants to silently keep the peace. Not actually fit for his world but its the only one he'll ever know and it will lead to his death unloved and unrespected

They all should've gotten what they deserved. Fucking greasy wop criminals trying to make out they are honourable or some shit.

tfw you realize you're the Fredo of your family

yeah

The problem with Fredo was, too many people knew he was in the plot to kill Mike, as Godfather Mike had to do it or he'd lose power and respect

He is.

How is he brown? Vito wasnt. His mother wasnt.

He had his brother killed, he was too afraid off what his mother would do, so waits till she dead to do it? Also he was The Godfather nobody forced him to have his brother killed.

>Gets warned not to go against the family ever again
>Does
Yes

The real question is, did Kay deserve what she got?

vito and his mother were when he was young, and we don't know what grandpa corleone looked like

>It was an abortion, michael.
Literally murdered an unborn child. Without consent from the father no less. She should burn in hell.

>IT AIN'T THE WAY I WANTED IT!

Such a waste. Imagine the kino he could have made...

>again

What was the first time?

After he defended Moe Green beating the shit out of him, Fredo was a faggot honestly

She did it to spite him

>female logic