When did it become cool to hate 300?

When did it become cool to hate 300?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-HrUMxIzU
youtube.com/watch?v=PTcVNuNX8yY
youtube.com/watch?v=EPmNUem93jY
youtube.com/watch?v=M9iWch9DPmk&list=RDM9iWch9DPmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

once all the millennials started to like it.

I never liked it but that because before they announced this there was a rumour they were making a movie based on Gates of Fire.

when you realize zack snyder movies are homosexual

GAY SPARTANS!

300 will never stop being cool, only the people who "enjoy" it now

It is literally the only good thing Zack Snyder ever did.

>inb4 people defending shitty remakes of classic horror movies
>inb4 people defending the rape of Alan Moore's artistic vision

Do any of you straight guys wish that you were Leonidas and you entered Xerxes' pleasure tent and he offered you your choice in exchange for your passivity and you look over and covered in chains like Xerxes is Ongina the ladyboy sans HIV and you take him as a man takes a woman and you live happily ever after under Persian rule or is that just me

When (((they))) decided a film glorifying a white victory against brown folks was not acceptable to like

The movie 300 is entertaining and it got mainstream recognition, it's a "cult" movie.

That being said, 300 is a shitty over-cgi blobfest, its trash.

Things to watch instead of 300:

>Alexander The Great
>Rome
>The Last Kingdom (My name is UTHRED son of UTHRED"

and that's because he and miller made the adaptation nearly page to page accurate.
Keep zack snyder away from the story and any problems it has most likely won't be his fault.

You're missing the point of the movie if you recommend those.

>300
>Man of Steel
Didn't Alex Jones gives both these movies 4/5 Paul Revere liberty horses?

Never.

Well I think all comic book movie directors should watch Sin City, 300, and Watchmen. Maybe then more capeshits would be visually interesting.

I always identified myself as Xerxes though

Numale/sjw,redditors and butthurt sandniggers hate it.

>Alexander
>good

kek

Because faggots got triggered that a movie designed to be greek propaganda played out like greek propaganda

I'd love to see some story from the Achaemenid's perspective, like with Cyrus pretending to be the "savior" of Mesopotamia, that he just so happened to be conquering.

Exactly

as long as Snyder has no say whatsoever in the plot or script writing he can be a good director

The ultimate cut of Alexander is kino

I fell for that claim already with Kingdom of Heaven

I'm not falling for that bullshit again

unfortunately two of those were directed by the same guy stomping around like a bull in a china shop with superman

Me on the right

no it's not

liked it
still think it's pretty entertaining

>a movie designed to be greek propaganda played out like greek propaganda

this is what I love about the movie, it's full of insane shit like xerxes being ten feet tall, orc monsters in samurai masks and executioners with axes for arms. all historical movies should be this exaggerated and biased

What? But that's not even what they were going for. How can you appreciate it for something it wasn't intended to be?
It's just another example of real life being blockbusterized.

THIS

>Alexander The Great
>Macedonians with Irish accents makes for a good enjoyable movie

When Gerard Butler said the words "GO BACK TO FUCKHEADISTAN".

>What? But that's not even what they were going for

of course it is you dumbass. watch the movie again

>How can you appreciate it for something it wasn't intended to be?

simple, separate the art from the artist

>The Last Kingdom
lol

I love how sumptuous, over-the-top, gratuitous, historically inaccurate and xenophobic it is

Because you just know that actual ancient Spartans would have enjoyed the fuck out of that

I think Herodotus would have loved it too

But... if it wasn't intended to be some clever play on propaganda, then it never CAN be a clever play on propaganda. That's not what it is so it makes no sense to admire it for that. Intention means everything.

>xenophobic

aren't you a bit old to be caring about what's cool?

It definitely is. But I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with that

>How can you appreciate it for something it wasn't intended to be?

>simple, separate the art from the artist

That isn't how art works. You can't appreciate something that literally isn't there. Just because you interpret something in a certain way, doesn't make it real or true.

>But that's not even what they were going for.

Yes it was you idiot

Greeks literally called Elephants "Xerxes' monsters" because from the perspective of a culture unfamiliar with large megafauna would seem like monsters

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-HrUMxIzU

Herodotus was a cuck

The idea that hating your geopolitical rivals can be described as some sort of "phobia" or "mental illness" is a modern invention/social construct

That being said we need way more historic movies like 300

lol no

Nah that's weirdo shit for dirty faggots like you.

>300 is a shitty over-cgi blobfest,
are you fucking retarded?

>>That being said we need way more historic movies like 300

>Meanwhile, Snyder is spending late nights in his cavernous office working on the upcoming Justice League movie. He’s also thinking about making films that aren’t comic book adaptations. Sort of. One of these days, he’d like to make one about George Washington in the style of 300. He has a picture in his office of the Revolutionary War hero crossing the icy Delaware on his way to decimate the British in the Battle of Trenton. “We were talking about it,” Snyder says. “The first thing we asked was, well, how are we going to make it look? I pointed at this painting. It looks like 300. It’s not that hard.”

Ah yes, as a person born in the 20th century I wonder why I'm using 20th century terms?

Perhaps when discussing movies set in ancient Greece I should only use words like πολιτεία, is that what you're saying?

> it's an Uhtred fucks up episode

>that literally isn't there

Did you even watch the movie?

You are a rtard if you complain about th cgi in the movie

>as long as Snyder has no say whatsoever in the plot or script writing he can be a good director

Then he'd just be a cinematographer.

But he needs a cinematographer to give him stuff for him to rubberstamp as cool and not-cool.

>Greeks literally called Elephants "Xerxes' monsters" because from the perspective of a culture unfamiliar with large megafauna would seem like monsters
And that makes it a film purposed to embody propaganda how? That's literally just a name Greeks used to call elephants, it's a touch of historical accuracy. That doesn't make it propaganda.
As far as I'm concerned 300 is simply an historically inaccurate mess which tries to appeal to "manly" warmongers (and succeeds) who enjoy mindless action.

>Well I think all comic book movie directors should watch Sin City, 300, and Watchmen
Why, so they can point out all the shitty CGI, horrible scripts and point out the spots where snyder ripped off the matrix? Sounds like a pointless exercise.

shut the fuck up you 90's born cuck

>Repelling a 9 foot tall Brazilian homosexual and his army of decadent slave monsters is xenophobic

SQUID

it should had been made by west anderson.

Huh? No one's saying xenophobia in that context.
Xenophobia isn't racism, not exactly. It's used when referring to the hatred of "barbarians" in Greek/Classical/etc, culture.

Also 300 is in no way historic in the way you seem to think it is. It's extremely inaccurate, Whether you like historically inaccurate films or not is a matter of taste but personally I think we should have some more historical films which ACTUALLY try to be accurate.
Particularly in the case of Alexander. His history and character, his entire life and campaign, are all incredible, yet all we have so far for him is a botched mess of a film.

Because it's not really descriptive of how ancient empires saw each other

there was nothing unreasonable about fearing a very real threatening empire on your door step.

It's not that they feared strangers for irrational reasons.

It's that they feared getting invaded by strangers, which was a very real possibility, and an all out likelihood.

>90's born cuck
?

idk

yes most historical paintings are propaganda

That's why they're so memorable

On release day. Only idiot dudebros liked this movie.

The portrayal of the Persians as an army of decadent slave monsters lead by a 9 foot tall black gay guy is very obviously xenophobic. Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that - it's perfect in the context of a Greek historical propaganda flick

>Alan Moore

Nigga it's Frank Miller

>inb4 people defending the rape of Alan Moore's autistic vision

>he’d like to make one about George Washington in the style of 300

Not gonna lie, I'd watch the shit out of that for the sheer absurdity factor

>300 is in no way historic in the way you seem to think it is

It clearly is. The Greeks saw the battle of Thermopylae as an amazing last stand and great propaganda tool.

you're talking out your ass.

He was referring to Watchmen

>George Washington in the style of 300

Robot Chicken made the trailer for that kino

youtube.com/watch?v=PTcVNuNX8yY

>Mr. Emissary, I'm Sparta

Thanks OP, I've been meaning to rewatch that movie

Tell me about your post, why did you delete it?

the moment Leonidas' first sex scene was with a woman and not one of the other spartans

>the manliest thing you could do in ancient Greece was buttfuck another man
>it was dishonurubu to receive the dick
>it was considered most unmanly of all to practice cunnilingus

Were the Greeks the origins of degeneracy?

It was an accidental quote for you

>Spartans encouraged petty crime as long as you don't get caught
Yes, they were

>Thebans let some trans furry weirdo assault people outside their city and actively promote a buggery squad of grouplove homosexuals in their military because it makes them feel closer to """""the gods""""
>Knossos has an autistic axe murderer claiming to be bull-kin running around the palace
>DUDEPROPHECIES fuckers totally infesting Delphi
>Athenians let people vote

you tell me man

>Strong white men hold back hordes of non-whites
Would this movie be made today?

It was hated back then for this exact reason.

Whoops my bad, probably should have read up on it's reception before posting

>Athenians let people vote
fucking kek

Since 300. That was my first Zack Snyder movie

>As far as I'm concerned 300 is simply an historically inaccurate mess
It's directly based off of a fantasy comic book, I don't think they were going for historical accuracy.

>It was hated back then for this exact reason.
only by muslims turks and cucks

OP is 16yo

Sup Forums believes it was 100% historically accurate though

Like about a year or two after it was released.

Sup Forums just likes to shitpost, which was funny until reddit co-opted it

Proof?

Yeah of course it's historically inaccurate. How does that make it bad? And why does every movie ostensibly set in the past have to be 100% accurate? That's an impossible and undesirable standard

Alex Jones reviews movies???

>Knossos has an autistic axe murderer claiming to be bull-kin running around the palace
Wut

Cgi hasn't aged well but it's still nice looking at some parts

Minotaur? You fucking philestine

I thought he meant some autistic kids running around murdering people

>It's bad because not historically accurate.
>It's bad because it is over the top
This is how plebs try to convince themselves that they are part of the intelligentsia. Give them a break, they are plebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=EPmNUem93jY yeah and he actually gave Man of Steel 9 horses

Are you a bug chaser?

>undercover reddit

I never liked it. It looks "cool", but it's relatively vapid.

I would have liked it more if they used different music and just fessed up to the warriors as being mostly homosexuals.

And they should have used the music of KOOP for the soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=M9iWch9DPmk&list=RDM9iWch9DPmk

I love how he always manages to involve the NWO no matter the subject