How did Batman™ bend the rifle barrel in TDK...

How did Batman™ bend the rifle barrel in TDK? Wouldn't the guy holding it have to resist with hundreds of pounds of pressure as well?

Pic almost related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRDl5_-wJ0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=LY9Aw_Uadho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he had that power glove on

How come no one ever bitches about the time Robocop did it

So what is he doing in this pic?

Absolutely fucking nothing.

RoboCop isn't predicated on being grimdark muh realistic. It's a hyper exaggerated dark comedy

ripping open the side of the van for some reason.
just a cool shot I guess

>It's a hyper exaggerated dark comedy

let's not say things we don't have a fucking clue about

Glorified can opener

But the stress would transfer to the rifle.

Forgot about that

vibrations weakened the metal turning it into rubber

It was actually Superman dressed as Batman. They do that sometimes.

There's only one way that works - if the brace had some bar/clamp on it providing leverage while the rest rotated away from that point.

I love that they showed super-strength with "real" physics in "Unbreakable." In his flashback to the car accident, he's unable to pull the crimped door open until he braces his other hand against the car.

Looks like a window washer

He was cutting his way inside the van but then he got knocked off. That's when he decided to land on the hood of the van to somehow stop it cold even though it was moving at top speed.

>no it's not

Good argument, retard. Debate me or die.

The Dark Knight has so many shitty smaller scenes which people forgot about

He was able to do it because he wasn't wearing hockey pads.

Two words: HOCKEY PANTS

power glove?

That part (the way it's framed) reminds me of Bateman dropping the chainsaw on the hooker in American Psycho.

To me it's an unconscious or conscious homage by Bravo Nolan.

>joker kills gamble by slicing his cheek
>not
>he scares him to death

You guys probably didn't realize it. But Bateman = Batman.

I'll give you a second while your head recovers from being blown.

It has aged terribly

The guy holding the rifle would have to be superman as well. And super-rifle so the stock wouldn't crack first.

This is why I appreciated the Nolan verse, it showed batman testing some of his tools and them actually failing on some occasions with him having to batman solve the situation.

How did everyone on set not groan in unison when "Hello Beautiful?"

Joker was being sarcastic. He was joking

My dad stopped and laughed for 5 minutes. He had tears in his eyes and said "ahhh she's fuckin ugly!"
Funny because he thought she was good looking in Donnie Darko

What a kidder.

kill yourself redditor

She was cute in Donnie Darko, she was still young and her cheeks hadn't started to sag and turn into jowls yet.

He cracks the shotgun like nothing in the Joker party scene as Wayne. Absolutely no effort and he cracks that sucker in pieces.

He didn't crack it he took it apart

I got another. He test fires five bullets and he finds the exact random projectile shatter pattern. Does all bullets fragment exactly the same? Would the heat not burn the fingerprint off?

that scene has always confused me. i did not understand what those ballistics tests accomplished

Even better, he used a some kind of multi-barrelled minigun looking thing to test what I think were handgun caliber cartridges. His barrel length would have greatly affected the projectile velocity and therefore his results.

is /k/ the most autistic board on Sup Forums?

im not from /k/. i just really dont understand why he shot into five bricks and got a fingerprint from the bullet afterwards

actually he was just testing the caliber to see what a complete bullet looked like, then arranged the fragments from the actual crime scene.

he shot into the bricks and compared the impact hole to the one from the crime scene. remember he actually took the brick from the crime scene with him. i watched this scene like a hundred times because it confused me but now im batman

He should have called himself the Sarcasticer

well there's literally a dedicated board for autistic people and people pretending to be autistic for reddit points, and then there's /mlp/

Are you retarded? Suspension of disbelief and the laws of physics apply to both, unless it was a Looney Tunes cartoon.

He levered with his thumb.

*shrugs* I still had a boner left over from Secretary

THANK YOU

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed this

I believe that since we are considering bending, units of torque would be more accurate. Probably over 100 foot-pounds.

The fulcrum or tipping point would be at the rifle dudes trigger hand. So Batman would actually just lift the whole rifle up by the barrel.

every time I hear it I think he is saying honkey masks

Keaton Batman's nutcrusher was cooler.

when the fuck does he do that kek

When he fights the guys in the alley. The guy with the swords.

That thugs face in the bottom pic is priceless.

Because he's a fucking cyborg? It'd be weird if he didn't do it.

He's going A TADDA TADDA like this in the background.

How did Batman and Rachel fall 90 stories onto a cab car and survive?

Why don't people in the movie bleed when they get hit or shot?

If Batman's new suit offers him less protection in exchange for flexibility according to Fox, how come he still takes knives to the ribs, gun shots to the stomach and vicious dog bites like a champ?

Why doesn't Joker bleed or get his teeth knocked out when Batman continually punches him with his armored knuckles?

How come Lau doesn't scream in agony when the fire consumes him on top of the burning pile of money?

How did Joker's bank heist work when he couldn't have taken the Bank Manager actions into account?

How did no one notice the bus crashing through the side of the bank? How did the other bus drivers not notice?

Why does Batman let the Joker and his men escape his own penthouse? Why didn't Batman go back up and capture them, or better yet, wait for them to come down since he was already at ground level.

Why didn't Joker just detonate the boats instead of asking Batman if he wants to know how he got those scars? Seems pretty silly.

Why doesn't Joker's face bleed when Batman shoots him in the face with his gauntlet blade that can go through metal?

How did Harvey Dent not die of an infection with half of his face burned to the bone and without skin graphs? How did his eye not dry out? How is he not passing out or going into shock with it all exposed?

How did all the GCPD get knocked out when Joker activated the bomb in the fat guy's stomach, but Joker himself just shrugs the last off? All the cops were in the same room as the Joker?

youtube.com/watch?v=mRDl5_-wJ0Y

Defend this.

People noticed them when it came out. The movie has just been overhyped since then.

I still have a fond memory of the entire cinema audience letting out a low chuckle when Bale did his Batman voice for the first time.

How did Bruce get a finger print and an address from a recreated ballistics scene when it wasn't even the same gun or scenario. What kind of magic technology is that? Better yet, why would the finger print match the address overlooking the parade? Why would Joker want someone to go up there and how could he possibly have known someone would be able to magically get the finger prints?

Why does Gordon not tell Harvey that the Joker switched addresses and that he thought he was going to rescue Harvey, not Rachel? Did Gordon forget that his ass got tricked and he was originally driving to save Dent, not Rachel?

When Batman falls on Scarecrow's van, how does he turn as he's falling and land on it in a completely different direction?

Now we know Batman is a ninja, but how could he have possibly vanished in a well lit, enclosed bank vault with Gordon in front and cops behind him?

If a little accountant rat like Coleman Reese can figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman from seeing the Tumbler on the news, how come the FBI, CIA, etc. haven't nabbed Bruce Wayne? Surely he'd be under surveillance from his tech alone. If Coleman Reese could figure it out from a tv footage and John Blake could figure it out from a look on Bruce's face at an orphanage he attended as a kid, what's stopping someone with an IQ over 90?

Why does Rachel want to marry Dent despite only knowing him for a couple of months?

How can Lau see the Joker in the mob scene when the television set doesn't have a camera or skype?

How do people not recognize Bruce in Hong Kong? Better yet, how do people not recognize Bruce when he's supposedly dead but living in Rome and going to cafes everyday in the hopes of seeing Alfred? Bruce is a billionaire celebrity known around the world.

Why does Batman put his trust into Harvey Dent after seeing Dent put a gun to a man's head and flipping a coin to decide his fate like a nutjob. Bruce had doubts about Dent in the beginning, but not now?

How does Maroni die in the car crash but not Dent? A seat belt isn't going to help you in the back seat in a crash and roll like that.

How did people not notice the Joker in his nurse disguise with his fake ass wig, crazy socks, and glock when Gordon had like a dozen cops guarding the hospital and Dent's room?

How did Joker get enough bombs into a high level building such as a hospital without anyone knowing? How did he do it with the two ferry boats? Wouldn't the cops do a sweep on the bottom deck of the boat before they put passengers and criminals on them?

Why is Morgan Freeman being hypocritical about the phone sonar device when he did the same shit in Hong Kong against Lau? Why is he getting preachy all of the sudden?

How does Batman and Gordon's lie even work when there are too many loose ends to the story? Ramirez is still alive after getting pistol whipped by Dent. Coleman Reese told people on national television that he knew who Batman was. Joker is still alive. The SWAT team over heard Dent's phone call to Gordon and Gordon's abrupt departure from the hostage scene. Batman was there at the construction building fighting Joker and saving the hostages around the time Gordon's family was kidnapped. Even the smallest investigation would put Batman and Gordon's cover up to shambles. What the fuck was Harvey Dent doing there in his suit and a pistol with his finger prints? Batman couldn't have possibly murdered all the cops and monsters who were shot/killed in car crashes. You even had eye witnesses like Mike Engel, the SWAT team and the hostages there seeing Batman save everyone. Not to mention Joker who is alive and well at the end of the movie who could easily spill the beans about what he did with Dent.

Autism.

The Dark Knight is a perfect movie, what you guys are listing is nitpicking.

>he shot into the bricks and compared the impact hole to the one from the crime scene

Why? That entire sequence made no sense. How did he get finger prints from all of that?

DELET THIS

why you being a science fag bro?

No wonder the beginning of the DKR is the most solid, memorable scene from all 3 of these movies.

Since CIA was clearly bluffing about his flight only containing one of Bane's men (he doesn't shoot them or throw them out of the plane), then that means the flight plan includes Dr. Pavel, Bane and the two other men. So why does Bane insist on sacrificing one of his men when CIA was clearly lying just to intimidate them to talk?

Why wouldn't CIA and his men unmask the hooded prisoners before letting them board the plane?

How come you can only hear Bane's loud breathing after the hood is pulled but not before?

It's protocol to check for dental and bone records, not blood. Why did Bane go through all that trouble of a blood transfusion when there won't be any evidence of Dr. Pavel's actual body? The blood thing doesn't even make sense, there's no way they could have pumped that much into the body to make even the slightest difference.

CIA engineers and forensic experts would be be able to determine that the plane was attacked from the exterior since bullets were fired from outside the windows and holes dug outside the cockpit by mechanical wrenches.

There is no way the CIA would believe it was a mere crash considering the wings would be miles away from the rest of the aircraft.

wtf I hate Nolan Batman movies now

Or maybe they knew that and just wanted to delay the investigation in order to successfully penetrate Gotham City. Bravo Nolan.

More importantly, why didn't CIA grab the big guy first? Bane's plan hinged on sheer luck that he wouldn't be thrown out or shot first instead of the other two mercenaries. If CIA grabbed Bane, he would have been inclined to retaliate causing the other agents to shoot him thus ending the League of Shadows. CIA's threat also happened way before Bane's plane arrived so he couldn't have possibly gotten the help he needed to crash the plan and kill CIA's infantry

What rating does your next project have again, Nolan?

I'd still fuqq her

You guys probably didn't realize it. But Dubs = Doubles.

I'll give you a second while your check recovers from being 'em.

I love you all, everyone in this thread.

The power of love.

His entire Octiligy of movies is based on it.

I realized the Joker was an awesome performance less than halfway through, so I started paying attention to everything else in the movie to see if the Joker was the only thing standing out. Yup, it was the only thing standing out. The rest was generic superhero slop. Had there been a different bad guy, or a shitty actor, the series might have died there.

Nah, that user is right. Somehow Bane's convoluted plan works because everyone does think Pavel is dead (see the football stadium scene where the government is all like "hurr durr, but Pavel died months ago").

Very nice, so it was a problem for both, as the plural of idiotic science isn't scientific truth.

RoboCop did it quick. Physics couldn't react.

>The Dark Knight is nearly a decade old

I miss 2008

It's so bad.

It's a thin guage. My grandma can do that.

Why are you guys ripping on Robocop? Robocop has more logic to it than these Batman movies.

The film establishes that Robocop features titanium laminated with Kevlar 's and that his strength is 400 foot-pounds. He almost crushes Bob Morton's hand. He's a cyborg with hydraulics and shit, completely different than Batman's super duper arm bracelet.

youtube.com/watch?v=LY9Aw_Uadho

I don't even remember that scene.

Still both would lift the human before bending the barrel.

Why would robocop need fingers that powerful

Because its fucking awesome

Underrated

A sensible thing to do would be to give him one less sophisticated hand that handles heavy lifting and cramping and let his fingers bear less burden

If Batmans skyhook misfired in the Dark Knight he'd be Splatman

What stage of autism does your dad have?

No, at the end when he fights in the tower at the end

Who uses a swimsuit in the bathtub...

Why did you reminded me?
I guess some men just like to see world on fire.

FILM ANALYSIS 101

What are "bone records" user?

>How did no one notice the bus crashing through the side of the bank? How did the other bus drivers not notice?
After all these years, this is my biggest problem with the movie.