Unarmed blacks are several times more likely to be shot than unarmed whites

Unarmed blacks are several times more likely to be shot than unarmed whites.

>"b-but blacks commit more violent crimes, cops are rightfully more cautious of them"

Oh?

>It is sometimes suggested that in urban areas with more black residents and higher levels of inequality, individuals may be more likely to commit violent crime, and thus the racial bias in police shooting may be explainable as a proximate response by police to areas of high violence and crime (community violence theory [14, 15, 23, 35]). In other words, if the environment is such that race and crime covary, police shooting ratios may show signs of racial bias, even if it is crime, not race, that is the causal driver of police shootings. In the models fit in this study, however, there is no evidence of an association between black-specific crime rates (neither in assault-related arrests nor in weapons-related arrests) and racial bias in police shootings, irrespective of whether or not other controls were included in the model. As such, the results of this study provide no empirical support for the idea that racial bias in police shootings (in the time period, 2011–2014, described in this study) is driven by race-specific crime rates (at least as measured by the proxies of assault- and weapons-related arrest rates in 2012).

Wat do pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/
nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf
dailywire.com/news/7343/new-study-no-racial-bias-police-involved-shootings-james-barrett
nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?rref=collection/timestopic/Police Brutality and Misconduct&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=14&pgtype=collection&_r=0
bayesian.org/Bayes-Explained
sfgate.com/bayarea/article/African-Americans-cited-for-resisting-arrest-at-6229946.php
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/figure/pone.0141854.g008/
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43
dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops forgot the link

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/

Arm whites, shoot blacks

Tl;dr

>Unarmed blacks are several times more likely to be shot than unarmed whites.

[citation needed]

>higher levels of inequality
what is this some orwell "some people are more equal than others" shit? the reason their areas suck is because they commit so much crime no businesses move to their areas.

Good luck for finding stats on "black people chimp out at cops because they're too stupid to understand due process"

I can show you several sources, although at least one of them is cited in the study linked. But before I go through the trouble of finding it, let's just say I find it and you agree it's accurate. What then? Are you going to concede your argument or just find some other aspect to nitpick?

Roughly 70-80 unarmed citizens in total are shot in a year by police. Compared to the population of the united states, I think that's a pretty small number.

>models
>theory
>ratios

Wall Street Journal and Harvard have both independently shown that cops don't gun down blacks as much as they should.

Please try again with your weak sauce.

I guess unarmed whites are 3.49 times less likely to chimp out and resist arrest

>in the models in this study
>according to my math
>according to my limited data set

Gee, it must be the color of their skin then. Can't be anything else.

Imagine being on a bus full of white people vs being on a bus full of black people.

Which one are you going to feel more uncomfortable on?

all that is bullshit.

Unarmed black is likely to get shot by other blacks. Period.

Whites don't go into black neighborhoods rob, rape, or kill people. Whites, even white supremacists, don't go cruising in black neighborhoods looking to score loot or scalps.

This is probably the most fair rebuttal I've heard. Yes, there isn't a huge epidemic of deaths via cop. But I think you can look at it as a symptom of a greater issue, i.e. how our country is much more forgiving of egregious behavior on the part of cops than other countries.

>according to assaults and weapons-related offenses

Try resisting offenses then? Try Blacks behave differently and act more dangerously?

lol source?

>blacks are several times more likely to be shot

Blacks are several times more likely to be violent.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Blacks have a death wish. It is respectful of their culture to kill them.

Makes me wonder why we don't just reapply segregation.

>"b-but blacks commit more violent crimes, cops are rightfully more cautious of them"

not only that but blacks are more likely to resist arrest, which can lead to escalations involving deadly force.

>resist arrest

So if someone resists arrest it's justified to kill them? And this is even assuming that is even the case, which of course you've presented no evidence of.

>le pithy vague dismissal maymay

How about articulating your point instead of a being a big fag?

>Unarmed black is likely to get shot by other blacks. Period.

Even if that's true, it has nothing to do with the conclusion of the study, which was about police who clearly should be held to a higher standard than random people on the street.

If you KNOW resisting arrest ends in death, then death is justified.

America can't afford impossible "higher standards"

That's why we forgive police. Their job is impossible.

Do you not understand the point of the paragraph I quoted you fucking moron? It is a direct rebuttal to this kind of reasoning and found no correlation between violent crimes by blacks and rate of police shootings of blacks.

>It's because of "inequality"
No, it probably isn't.

Lol kay bootlicker. "Produce your identification or be shot. You have 10 seconds to comply."

>the point of the paragraph I quoted

I do. It's bullshit.

It's far more likely to be the result of poorer parenting on average from single mothers. When you don't know how to behave in general you are less likely to know how to control yourself when under arrest.

More morons who can't read. The point of that sentence was that there is NOT a correlation between inequality (as defined by unnamed 3rd parties) and police shootings of blacks. Not "omg muh inequality".

Fortunately, I have everything they ask for, because I know the laws because i studied in school and got employment.

nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

This. Every single video of a back guy getting shot, it's because they chimp out on the cops trying to arrest them in peace. And the everlasting american mindset that police officers are bad guys who love to use their gun on people for shits and giggles, especially common in black folks, doesn't help.

>asserts thing that study concludes isn't true
>"hurr it's wrong"
>no evidence or argument given

10/10 my friend

>i.e. how our country is much more forgiving of egregious behavior on the part of niggers than other countries.

Fixed that for you. If blacks pulled what they do in USA in any less pacific country they would be public hanged.

If you truly believe that any use of force by police is justified as long as it's simply advertised in advance, you truly are a fucking waste of space and your opinion is worthless

Faggot. This isn't how arguments work. I might as well post

>google.com

In response to any claim before me and ask the reader to go look up whatever is relevant. How about pointing something specific out from that study instead?

How do they define armed?
According to the media, anyone carrying something smaller than a bazooka is unarmed.

A sham is a sham.

Studies are made to say what their investors pay them to say, nothing more.

You might as well take a poll.

post it and find out

> Unarmed blacks are several times more likely to be shot than unarmed whites.

That's because unarmed blacks are retarded and do things such as charging cops. Like, what the fuck do they expect?

I've been arrested 27 times.

I've spent 2 days in jail.

I think I've learned a lot of life-saving information by being a good student.

Unarmed blacks are also 9 times more likely to resist arrest than unarmed whites.

>Unarmed blacks are several times more likely to be shot than unarmed whites.

3% of blacks shot by police were unarmed. 4% of whites shot by police were unarmed. #WhiteLivesMatter

In another thread there was a different database that I think drew from this data set, and they at least defined "unarmed" as "not having a weapon capable of causing serious injury". So they didn't count like airsoft guns or plastic swords. Of course someone shit their pants over MUH NIGGERS PULLING OUT REAL LOOKING AIRSOFT GUNS so I went through and counted how many cases had toy guns or swords and there were only a handful.

I'm pretty sure they're both at a 3% rate of being shot unarmed.

>nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf
This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks
and
Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in
interactions
with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior
reduces, but
cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force – officer-
involved shootings

we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual
factors are taken into account.
We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model
in which police officers are utility
maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for
discrimination, who incur relatively high expected
costs of officer-involved shootings

You strike me as a retard.

>heres a scientific study we did but the results are based on conjecture of the control groups environment
wew lad

TIA

Again, what will be the point if the goalposts just move? I'd rather not go hunt something down if there's no effect on the debate. You can look at the source cited in the study if you're dying to get one now, or answer my question and I'll find sources.

Unarmed blacks
Hoky fucking shit why do you lie?

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/
OP, you are the first person that even remotely resembles BLM that has made a clear, concise, well sourced and viable argument against racial bias. While I may not agree with all of your views, I am glad that you at least got your shit together. Thank you.

That's because whites don't do shit like webm related.

I didn't strike you at all.

Go ahead and claim I did.

I have enough character witnesses to clog a court for decades.

Joke besides the point, there is rarely any vetting for "studies".

Blacks are several times more likely to resist arrest.

/thread

Source?

This would lead credence to the theory that blacks are causing their own undoing, but even if it's the case, I think it's a problem that American cops apparently aren't capable of subduing an unarmed suspect without killing them. Certainly there are people who resist arrest in other countries like Australia, yet their shootings by police are a fraction of the US's per capita.

you have a chance at completely proving me wrong and supporting your argument

you should be posting evidence from the start

Might it have something to do with the fact that white people don't really shoot at the police?

Tie lights to their back.
No more sudden teeth in the black night to shock shoot at.

This black SJW Harvard found the biggest surprise in his life when he studied how much more blacks are shot by police than whites.

dailywire.com/news/7343/new-study-no-racial-bias-police-involved-shootings-james-barrett

Translation:
>I have a shitty source that could be easily destroyed by a Sup Forumstard in his mom's basement and therefore do not want to post it .

OP, if you're still here, you may want to consider that black police officers are 2-3x more likely to pull the trigger on another nigger.

This may be a confounding factor in analyzing police shootings because black areas are more likely to have black officers.

Has been debunked bythe jew york times of all places:

>A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

>But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?rref=collection/timestopic/Police Brutality and Misconduct&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=14&pgtype=collection&_r=0

so what is the point then?

well the source he posted assesses the PROBABILITY of being shot given various cases with data from several counties across the US

it doesn't seem to actually bring figures into the question, it uses a "bayesian" approach

bayesian.org/Bayes-Explained

>The Bayesian interpretation of probability can be seen as an extension of propositional logic that enables reasoning with hypotheses, i.e., the propositions whose truth or falsity is uncertain. In the Bayesian view, a probability is assigned to a hypothesis, whereas under frequentist inference, a hypothesis is typically tested without being assigned a probability.

>capable of subduing an unarmed suspect

It's possible, but it's normal for criminals to have illegal weapons obtained by criminals.

Laws can't fix this.

kek, nope.

Maybe retarded unarmed blacks should stop acting erratically and trying to tackle cops and taking their weapons like good boi michael brown.

I admittedly don't entirely understand how they came to their correlations (some scatterplots would be nice), but even if I believe everything they claim there are some issues.

>It is important to reiterate that these risk ratios come only from the sample of individuals who were shot by police and census data on race/ethnicity-specific population information. The USPSD does not have information on encounter rates between police and subjects according to ethnicity. As such, the data cannot speak to the relative risk of being shot by a police officer conditional on being encountered by police, and do not give us a direct window into the psychology of the officers who are pulling the triggers.

In other words, blacks might just have more interactions with police than whites, or alternatively, they're more likely than whites to react violently in any given interaction with police.

>There is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates.

I'm not entirely sure I understand this, but did they try to correlate with the RATIO of black crime to white crime? Because it sounds like they didn't, when that would be the most interesting thing to check. But this could just be me not getting what they did.

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/African-Americans-cited-for-resisting-arrest-at-6229946.php

this is just Frisco but it may be generalizable

unfortunately the city of SF doesn't really report crime statistics by race, I've already looked into this

>Understanding the source of racial bias in police shootings is difficult to do from county-level data, as the ecological inference fallacy can potentially obscure any results [39]. County-level data are far too coarse to use to reliably tease apart the conditions that drive racial bias in police shootings; more reliable findings will likely be based on rigorous, yet qualitative, investigations that are resolved to a more local level.

This could also be a big factor. Look at their shooting risk data

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4634878/figure/pone.0141854.g008/

I wouldn't be surprised if there are resolution issues. What happens if you try this analysis on a city-by-city basis instead of county-by-county?

This study uses 4 datasets. 3 of them are solely derived from police statements/documents which are subject to distortion or outright lying, and the 4th is a survey of a biased sampling of people. The author of the paper even notes that the sources are shit. Anyone who accepts the conclusions of this study while rejecting the initial one on the basis of validity and robustness of data is a goddamn moron.

>getting BTFO
>let me throw some random stat words around so it looks like I have a clue

Well thank you.

>you should be posting evidence from the start

My evidence was directly quoting a study you imbecile. Your issue is with something the study itself is citing, and you refuse to go look at the citations and instead are putting the burden of proof on me as a way of weaseling out.

Do you even understand the meaning of the graphs you're posting?

Your study basically makes shit up as a point and admits it.

Why else would they have used bayesian analysis of probability instead of actual figures? Because the police lie?

the choice of variables is stupid. It is ratio between armed and unarmed persons with different race and it focused on that fact instead on the behavior of the person. In many cases officer dont know what the person has on him and he can only asess the danger from their behavior. The better variable would be ratio of shot persons commiting violent crimes vs not or ratio of persons resisting arrest.

That's an interesting thought, but I'm not putting together a study here, just posting one particular study that directly addresses one of the most popular replies to anything hinting at police bias against blacks.

See:

Were I in the officer's position I would have shot him too. He was feinting with one hand, and pretending to draw from his other hand while it was concealed behind him. I legitimately thought there was going to be a gun in that hand when it came out and I have full view of it in this video. The officer does not.

ty, i didnt even read it myself

Try reading the words after "the point is".

>. In the models fit in this study,

If you look at the models, they suck. They aren't designed to even answer the question. Political correctness is a disease and "scientists" who practice it deserve no respect.

Certainly you can't be this dumb. He quotes his dataset source multiple times as the U.S. Police-Shooting Database. He took the data and determined the probability of outcomes based on certain factors.

It's a stupid argument and a stupid study.

Blackness correlates WAY better with all types of violent crime than poverty, unemployment, or single motherhood do. Inequality and crime are but symptoms of Nigdom itself. Also the county-level resolution makes it worthless because blacks concentrate in very small gibsmedat areas.

Unarmed blacks are far more likely to resist arrest and to act as though they are actually armed. Sub-Saharan Africans simply have fundamentally different behaviour under stressors than Europeans do, and attempting to govern them with our European laws simply does not work out if they are allowed to feel equal to us. The cause is biological and any officer who attempts to treat them the way he would treat a white man will end up dead.

These are the kind of "oppressive" numbers the nigs are whining about.

>Again, what will be the point if the goalposts just move?
Can't speak for that user, but I'm setting the goalposts here and now:

if the shootings by police of unarmed blacks who
>have NOT reasonably threatened the officer, threatened another, or escalated resisting of arrest

disproportionately exceed the shootings of police of unarmed whites who
>have NOT reasonably threatened the officer, threatened another, or escalated resisting arrest

I see it worth looking into.

However what I expect to find is:
>The apprehended persons who were shot were threatening the officer or others some other way

>The apprehended persons who were shot were armed- but not with a firearm

>The apprehended persons who were shot were resisting officer orders and/or arrest, and after a justified escalation

'Unarmed' is only one component here.

It's like covering 'gun deaths' without covering aggregate violent crime trends.

>blacks might just have more interactions with police than whites

Seriously doubt that considering several times more whites are arrested than blacks.

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

>they're more likely than whites to react violently in any given interaction with police

This could be (no sources cited in this thread besides one city's stats), however as I've said before, I think it's a problem that police can't subdue unarmed people without using a gun. No amount of uppity-niggerdom should force police to shoot someone to death.

Alton Sterling reached for his gun after being explicitly told not to, and was shot. He deserved to be shot.

Castille reached for his gun after being told not to, and was shot. He deserved to be shot.

If you compare what victims of violent crimes say the race of the perps were to the rates at which those races are arrested, they're almost exactly the same. Not a coincidence.

Stop nigging, stop getting shot. It's simple. Stop being violent criminals, or die.

OI.

Don't forget the number of black officers that shoot unarmed black suspects is higher than the number of white officers who shoot unarmed black suspects.

Part of the issue is that the data is not there to be able to look at widespread trends. You basically have two choices: look at a large dataset with limited details, or a small dataset with lots of details. I seriously doubt you'll find any decent-size dataset that goes into detail about the "behavior" of the suspect, certainly not one that could remotely be called objective since the vast majority of the time it's coming from the arresting officer's report. This study looked at things that would be much harder to fudge, like race, armed status, location, and demographics of their location.

>So if someone resists arrest it's justified to kill them?

No, you fucking idiot--it means the likelihood that deadly force is employed will increase exponentially.

>I think it's a problem that police can't subdue unarmed people without using a gun. No amount of uppity-niggerdom should force police to shoot someone to death.

NO amount? What if they're shooting at the police? Or, in the unarmed case, beating an officer to death because he weighs 3 times as much?

2.5 times more arrests, 5 times the population

Also worth noting that the prison population in absolute numbers has more blacks than whites

yeah I bet they do have more negative interactions with cops than whites

micheal brown was unarmed lol.
this kid unarmed also.
once upon a time i was like you op (assuming not bait/hillshill). people all have the same potential creative or intellectual output, and it is only societies structure that prevents one from unlocking this potential.
but i think the reality is that lots of factors lead to more 'unarmed' blacks being shot and killed, racism of some police officers being one, socio-economics being another, along with ridiculously high violent crime and arrest rates for black people etc. it seems to be more blacks are playing what are referred to as 'stupid games' and therefore winning 'stupid prizes' more frequently. here, have a source:
dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

>this study is stupid because

you seem to be a whiny piece of shit raging at anything outside your narrative. But I'm only halfway down this thread, so maybe the twist ending is you aren't trash. You started this thread, put out more info, engage more people, or fuck off. Like the guy who asked for source and your response was'you'll just move goal posts'. You're a shill, and it's clear because you didn't come here to discuss something, you came for confirmation.