Beauty and the Beast sets new box office record

Beating the previous record held by 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

Did anyone here actually not think it was going to make money? Little kids and middle aged white women love this garbage

kek fucking sheeps

>china

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It has always looked like a good movie only assblasted conservatives and fucking neets have hated its existence. I've been hype for I and I haveng even gotten to see it yet fuck.

>china

The $170 million are domestic box office, it made another $180 million sofar overseas.

Wtf does political affiliation have to do about liking princess movies?

Question -- why is it that the same people who get all huffy whenever any other studio makes soulless cash-grab remakes always, without fucking fail, give Disney a pass and continue to throw money at them?

This really is making me start to believe cinema as an art-form is dead and buried for good.

Conservative here -- even if the gay shit annoyed me I didn't delude myself into thinking this movie would flop because of it.

It's a fucking Disney film and a remake of one of their better films -- of course it's gonna make billions even if its shit.

What pisses me off is that the same conservatives who will boycott (and follow through with it) with any non-Disney film for doing stuff like this end up caving and giving Disney a pass time, and time, and time again.

HTTYD2 was hurt financially, at least partially, because parents didn't like the 'Gobber coming out thing,' but because they can't say no to little Suzie when it comes to her love for anything house of mouse.... well then Disney gets a pass.

Fucking hypocritical Disneyfags, the lot of them.

>It has always looked like a good movie
no it didnt you fucking tasteless imbecile

Also

>it always looked like a good movie

It looked like a soulless cash grab that braindead fangirls, mothers, and little children would gobble up.

It's a fucking live action remake of a film that did not have to be remade. FFS I hate Disneyfaggots with a passion.

This is the only one of the live action Disney movies I have seen so I think that has a lot to do with how much I enjoyed it. Only complaint is they felt the need to heavily auto tune Belle and The Beast, though it sounds worse listening to it at home than it did in the film.

>march record

LOL

Sup Forums BTFO again. Are you guys ever right about anything?

>Viewers — particularly parents — who cannot discern the difference between entertainment and propaganda may have already been duped by Disney’s long-standing entertainment hegemony. It’s a mistake to think that such propaganda is innocent storytelling. This Millennial Beauty and the Beast becomes grim progressive silliness when it erases basic gender distinctions and politicizes the background and experience of the commoner Belle and the aristocratic Beast. It’s a blockbuster touting specious lessons in Occupy logic and “tolerance.”

>Belle’s sexual politics and an unnecessary gay subplot involving the villain Gaston (Luke Evans) and LeFou (Gad’s servant character) are part of Disney’s effort to replace traditional notions about love, family, community, and sex with fashionable ideology about gendered love.

Ghostbusters.

it appears that the ppl who run disney know what they're doing

everything is political now

>BvS contrarians are going to start defending this movie too

Yes.
They know the general public will likely eat up whatever they shit out, especially if it panders to their nostalgia.

Just got back from seeing it. Real talk, did they do reshoots or something to add in the Lefou being gay vibe? Like I didn't even give a shit about that but they halfassed it so bad that it came off as cringey and pointless.

Literally all it was is a few offhand and unfunny remarks at the beginning of the movie and then after they sing Gaston they completely drop it until he dances with a dude for about 4 seconds near the end. It was like they either needed to have not bothered or they should have gone all in on it and instead they tried to do both and it turned out to be a bust

Are you done being wromg?

What makes what I said wrong?
Just because it made a decent amount of $ and made fangirls obsess over it doesn't mean it isn't a soulless cash grab.

Just means people flocked to a shitty, cash grab.