Thoughts on this garbage?

thoughts on this garbage?

It was just weird. They tried to make it feel like harry potter but it failed
American actors and its placed in new york? nah.

God it was so fucking boring. I don't even remember half of the movie I was on my phone most of the time

agreed
the best harry potter movies were the ones where they are just in school attending class. then the last 20 minutes they go somewhere weird to resolve the mystery. why would they shoot the whole thing in a city and a magic briefcase?

i thought it was going to be about actually LOOKING for beasts in america, like going on an adventure in the wilds. also the main character is clearly on the spectrum which is just distasteful.

you couldn't understand the main british dude at fucking all. The guy trying to be cute shy british guy to get the scene / emo crowd and it fucking sucked. It was an okay movie. It also suffered from what I call, 'just fucking run' syndrome. Where they can't move like normal human beings and just fucking teleport everywhere.

>pallete swap an old Dr. Who
>give him a wand instead of a screwdriver
>???
>profit

The harry potter films are kino. This was ok though but really lacking bravado. Should have focused more

>I've never watched Dr Who

fixed

I liked it.
i liked the mix of who is who of the 1800's and the wizard stuff. i still don't understand how there can be any form of conflict in the wizarding world tho

>i still don't understand how there can be any form of conflict in the wizarding world tho

that shit bugs me. i hate how they keep trying to say that wizards fought in ww1 and ww2. they should have just mentioned that wizards stay out of muggle conflicts, and maybe they could have even had some interesting character interactions where a muggle who fought in the war learns that wizards just watched and did nothing

had one of the lamest most nonsensical "twists" i've ever seen but people will defend it because "oh its magic it aint gotta make sense"
give me one good reason why it had to be johnny depp one fucking reason why he would show up for literally 2 minutes of a movie, a reason besides money. who thought that would be a good idea

It was mediocre. Not terrible but a very forgettable experience

Better than harry potter

Something just felt off, disjointed about it.

Wizards had their own wars going on. The fat dude and the autist even had a convo about it.

While ww2 was going on grindewald rose to power so he was their version of hitler

>cute shy british guy

He was autistic you fucking moron

I liked it, but its not as good as any of the other harry potters.

Boring and not fun to watch. Fell asleep an hour into it and never felt the need finish it.

ehh 5/10

good stuff
- beasts were pretty cool, niffler was cute and funny
- first few times you see teleportation it's great, though does get tiring after a while
- I actually liked Colin Farrell in this role, understated performance
- sister a qt
- it's at least a "harry potter" movie in that it's a return to what can be an interesting world

the bad
- film tried to do waaaay too much. You have the beasts getting out, repeated brief allusions to a war which never had weight or felt believable, the completely out of place newspaper and political scenes, the cult of anti-wizards, the cult of wizards, just all these different half-assed plot lines
- all of the acting is pretty bad. redmane, the girl protagonist, the black wizard leader, the asperger kid, even le clumsy fat italian muggle was unimpressive
- the magic is boring. harry potter magic is cool because it's tied into learning spells, specializing in certain schools of magic, the difficulty of being a great wizards, etc. In this movie, magic is just twirling your want faster and harder. everybody just throws forcefields and lightning bolts at each other, maybe two spells are said out loud the whole movie
- incredibly cliched everywhere. they tried to do a new york "period piece" but in a really boring, rote way. There's le goodhearted italian baker, the seductive blues singing female goblin, the slimy mob boss goblin, etc.
- too many plot holes. how did the girl get them in the suitcase? why does every character seem to think a war is going to break out when there's no real threat and every human can be easily obliviated and everything repaired? I understand the suitcase is supposed to be some magical zoo, but it seems way, way too OP and unbelievable even for a movie about magic.

Really this movie should've just been a find'em and catch'em once the beasts get out of the suitcase. Those are the best parts. Instead it tries to be a grimdark thriller and pulls itself in a thousand different tired pieces.

well its garbage clearly

I haven't watched anything Harry Potter since the 3rd one, mostly because I read all the books already and stopped caring about the series.

Just saying, I'd probably watch a sequel.

I want to ravage newt's boipucci

/thread just watch all of HP

Loved the first half where it was like Pokemon in the Harry Potter world but then the second half devolved into a generic tired plot straight out of every Harry Potter movie ever with Graves and Credence and it lost me. I get that they need to establish Grindelwald for the following movies but couldn't they give me at least this one movie to just be goofy Fantastic beasts and where to find them? The Grindelwald name-drops and the context for the whole crisis with the muggles going on in the background was enough, I didn't need Grindelwald to hijack the plot

That doesn't look like Redmayne

I wonder how much they paid Depp for the 10 seconds he's in

i hate new cgi because it neevr fits the tone of the background. this movie did it the worst. its just jarring, you can see where the monsters border ends everytime and they dont look like they are in the same room as the actors. like they're popping out in 3d but its not in 3d.