I don't even like capeshit usually but I'm compelled to watch this because of the liberal tears about a white character...

I don't even like capeshit usually but I'm compelled to watch this because of the liberal tears about a white character being cast as fucking a white man.

Should I give up whatever money I have to in order to watch this legally?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vOebv2_hH8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_television
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>watching something you don't like because a group of people you don't like hate it

Autism

You should get Netflix because it has Star Trek. It's ok, nothing really special and the first few episodes are slow going.

Colleen's ass is getting majorly overlooked and it's a shame

This is probably the dumbest article I've ever seen. I would understand being upset if the character was Asian and they made him white. I don't think it's a big deal, but I'd get it. But complaining that a white character is still white is ridiculous. I don't hate liberals enough to watch Marvel capeshit though. Especially one that is as poorly received as this one. Most of the reviews don't even mention him being white as a problem.

>superhero nonsense for children
Why would anyone even pretend to give a shit

Amazon Prime also has Star Trek, and it's cheaper if you get the annual subscription.

It's honestly not very good regardless of librul tears over them using a Caucasian actor to play a Caucasian comic book character.

Stop browsing Kotaku

If you like shit go ahead, i just wish you retards stop making these threads here instead of Sup Forums

>this character does martial arts so he must be asian

I feel making a character a certain race because they do a certain thing is more racist than having a white character that does that thing.

They tried posting it on Sup Forums. That board's response?

>"But the show sucks."
>"Disney/Marvel are kike shills, fuck off."

Sup Forums is more obsessed with this shitshow and it's supposed significance to white nationalism.

I don't. Every race should stick to what it invented. Only whites should be allowed to use guns, etc.

Iron Fist should be about a white man with a gun. Several even.

>hwhites invented guns

senpai...

>anyone who doesn't agree with me is an ebil neonazi

i just hit episode 5 and i'm really struggling to keep going, daredevil season 1 was fantastic, season 2 was weaker but still enjoyable.
Skipped jessica jones, luke cage was a real grind to get through, it just wasn't very good aside from a few episodes where he gets buck wild and tears up the hood with his super powers.

So far the writing has been weak in iron fist, the fight scenes have been rather boring (daredevil had better fight scenes and luke cage had actual super powers.) aside from his origins story i don't see what makes him so super Oohhh my fist is glowing and i'm never going to fucking use it.

I swear that even Sup Forums shits on Marvel and Disney more than here...this place is pretty much Mouseshill hq.

what if all this is a marketing attempt to appeal to one demographic via virtue signalling and another demo by making them want to watch in protest?

>i just hit episode 5 and i'm really struggling to keep going

If you love the white race, you'll see it all the way through to the finale.

And you'll send a thank you note to Disney begging for 10 more seasons.

Yes, give more money to the jews.

>okay so yeah the character is white so i guess hiring a white actor """""makes sense""""" but can't we have an asian for sake of diversity?
Can these people just put a bullet in their brain already? Please for the love of god do us all a favor and just off yourselves.

>leftist SJWs

We are going to have to kill them eventually if society is to ever be somewhat decent again.

you know its true

Honestly? I'm 7 episodes in, and I'm not seeing the issues people have with the show. It's not the best show I've ever watched, and the fight scenes are hit or miss. The cage matches weren't particularly well done, but some of the others are really good. I like the Joy, her brother and their Father, they make interesting antagonists early on, and Joy/Ward evolve into something more than antagonists as the show goes on. Danny is hit or miss, there are times I buy it, other times I don't. The Dojo girl I can't ever remember the name of has some good character moments, but her action sequences tend to be some of the weakest, though, she has had a couple good ones now, so, not a blanket statement.

Ward's Father is interesting, and I really want to see where that goes. The Hand is far more interesting here than they were in DD season 2. They seem more threatening somehow.

Liked the Nurse Cameo.

I'll have to see where it goes, but, yeah, so far, not seeing what's so bad about it.

Honestly? I don't think casting the character as Asian would have drastically affected the quality of the show one way or the other. I don't think I'd care if Danny wasn't white, I don't think it would have taken anything away, but, nothing I've seen in the show suggests it would have added anything either.

But then only whites could be on tv.

Is this fucking real life?
How the fuck did it come to this.. jesus man

Violence coming soon

I legitimately do not want to see violence visited upon people for their political views, even ridiculous ones like the Kotaku faggot in OP. I think ridiculing them publicly should suffice.

Neither do I, but its extremely obvious to me there will be no choice in the near future.

I'd agree, but I also feel like political violence/violence visited onto people because of their views is going to get worse in the near future than better. I don't really want it to get worse, but, things have been getting ugly. People super polarized and acting out on both extreme sides. Most normal people, no matter which way they lean, just sort of caught in the middle wondering what the fuck is going on and why everyone is so angry.

Because some faggot on Kotaku is bitching about Iron Fist being white? Please.

Colleen is cute. Cute.

I remember I saw a thread where posters were praising Iron Fist to high heaven, but it was obvious it was meant to spite critics and 'sjw's'. There is no other reason to watch this show other than you wanting to stick it to some people you don't even know and to try and convince yourself that you are somehow better than them, because race doesn't matter to you.

But then to sit there and praise this shit? You have got to be fucking kidding me! I am trying to get through episode 7 and this shit is getting worse every second. At least in the beginning it was unintentionally funny, but now it's just getting bad to the point of unbearable. It's so uninspiring in terms of writing, directing, lighting, music, and etc.

Ironically, this show lacks identity. Take the music for example? There's some track that sounds like they ripped it off from Stranger Things's main theme. No one even bothers to try and bring him up to date. Or the fact that he never really states what he's looking for, why he's even there. Someone has to fucking ASK him. It's already episode 7!! The dialogue is flat and on the nose. In the beginning a woman watches a man flip over a speeding taxi, but it's the last thing she mentions to her brother like everybody does that shit in NYC. Not even reactions in this show are realistic. The guy who plays the brother has as much range as a freaking wall.

I don't even care about representation and what actors they chose. I just want to watch a well written show and I couldn't even get that.

So go ahead, watch this show in order to make yourself feel better at night. Do it to stick it to some people you never and will never meet in your lifetime who have no bearing on your life. Go ahead and force yourself to watch some unoriginal schlock and then convince yourself it's good to try to be some special little snowflake. The only person who loses in the end is you.

Protip:

Salon, Kotaku, Jezebel, Mary Sue and such are not genuine news sites, let alone review sites.

You should stop going to those sites altogether because you are only validating their shitty opinions. Stop feeding their echo chamber.

Stop doing shit just to spite them, just put a fucking block on their sites.

Alternatively, I can just vote 5 stars on Netflix and never watch it. Then, I get the benefit of contributing to the eternal triggering of leftists while exerting almost no effort

Mass Effect 3 game developer is a racist who hates white people.
youtube.com/watch?v=-vOebv2_hH8
This is not a joke: there are people in the film and game business who want white genocide.

It's the only way to fight against da joos.

>an Asian-American would have unequivocally improved him. Why? Because Iron Fist never should have been white in the first place
Damn how can I refute this flawless logic.

I can't remember which episode it was, but Danny ends up fighting some drunken master style dude, and that shit was pretty fun to watch.

Honestly, just the sperglords complaining that there isn't enough dark and gritty action in it.

Okay, I'll just put this out there: I'm from Russia. Terms like mansplaining or triggers have just penetrated my dear authoritarian motherland. And it looks very strange and against the nature.

What I don't get is why in the fuck aren't people happy that Netflix is doing this comic justice and stays true to the original and makes the main character a white Caucasian male? What's the problem here?

Sure, they say that there is no fundamental value in him being white but what's the point of changing it, then? What would have been improved by him being black/azn/albino/mole person?

Remember Spawn? He was black. He was good.
Iron Man? White. He was good.

Reverse them and you'll get a monstrosity that doesn't stay true to the original and just looks disturbing.

I just don't get it. Can I have a rundown of what's happening in the western media now? Why all the hate?

Remember Breaking Bad? Jessie wasn't a wigger, he played his role exceptionally well. Was there also a hatred towards that "whitewashing" when he could've easily been played by a black person?

Just. Explain. Exactly why is Iron Fist bad?

The most transparent shilling I've seen in a while, bravo OP

As a people, the West is very invested in this idea that racism/sexism/whatever is bad, to the extent that we're looking for signs of these things even where there are none. It's a form of hysteria, basically. It's like how we were searching for commies and subversive media with McCarthy, except instead we're looking for hypothetical racists and trying to find some way to interpret all fiction and culture as somehow oppressive and disparaging.

There's a backlash against this because it's gotten to the point that ostensibly antiracist policies and propaganda is in reality explicitly anti-white. There's a large scale cultural dispute over all of this that manifests in all sorts of ways, from arguments on the Internet to news agencies taking sides in the long term, to mass up/downvoting campaigns. Fortunately, it hasn't erupted in violence much, although there have been a handful of riots.

Does all this make sense? Even if it's alien and strange, does this explanation make it comprehensible?

The SJWs are shitting on this show a little too hard but the show itself is absolute shit. The most boring thing I've seen this year and I watched Taboo. Netflix dropped the ball hard with this

>"the right thing," or lack of a better term

Aaand, I'm done.

From the reviews I was expecting dogshit on a rotisserie spit. I'm on episode 4 right now and it doesn't seem as craptastic as people are saying. Maybe my expectations being the dumpster helps.

VeryFakeNews

I think the reason why Danny seems so stilted is because he transitions from "stoic monk" to "kid who can barely handle his shit" sometimes in the same scene. Now, his backstory implies that his training is incomplete and he never actually dealt with the baggage of his origin story, so a season 2 that actually puts that shit into perspective would be fine.

>Can I have a rundown of what's happening in the western media now?

That Soviet infiltration and subversion plot worked. Your predecessors are having their revenge.

>kotaku

yep, middle class white men knowing nothing about anything but acting like they do

YES! In order to preserve the white race you should sign up for Netflix now!

>this is what the author looks like

what a shock

Then he would be called the punisher.

>it was an accurate choice
>but it was an upsetting choice

I feel like articles like that are top tier form of shitposting. People who compose them know that they are spewing nonsense garbage but they do it anyway since SJW issues are controversial.

And who do you think the producers of this show are?

I mean, it's garbage. Just because some idiots are hating it for SJW reasons doesn't mean there aren't enough problems with it for a real reviewer to pick up on. You can try being a contrarian hipster fag with "unique" opinions if you want though, plenty of those around anyway.

>tv's iron fist
Netflix isn't TV.

He got canned.

>Netflix isn't TV.
yeah it is

Give up money?

go to 123movies.is

its got tons of tv shows, including ironfist, and even movies.

Yeah, it actually makes sense to make him black , given that blacks have very explosive genetics.

It's a website and an application. It isn't television just because you can put it on a television.

How do you think it matters who producers are if you only pay attention to who producers are when it suits your narrative? Are you retarded? For example, if the author of that article had a Jewish name you'd be green texting it like the retarded shill you are, but since they don't you just pretend it doesn't exist. This is called confirmation bias and is a flaw in reasoning, it's also how /polerina/ SJWs form their entire world view.

it's a TV series

nothing about a cable box requires you to connect it to a TV set either

>it's a TV series
It's not on television. It's a web series.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_television

Was he white in the comics?

>wikipedia

What's your point? It's not a television series. Netflix streams television shows, and that doesn't mean that everything they stream is a television show. By your logic, everything that goes into your mouth is a dick.

Yes

what's their fucking problem then?

>liberal tears
>one guy on Kotaku

No one gives a shit, you really need to get a life

I wonder how SJWs will feel about Moon Knight? A crazy schizoid billionaire with Jewish ancestry who appropriates an Egyptian religion.

>I don't even like capeshit usually but I'm compelled to watch this because of the liberal tears about a white character being cast as fucking a white man.
It does make me a little curious, but I probably won't get around to watching it.

I haven't even finished watching Daredevil.

Spite is nice, but it isn't enough for me to give it a chance right now.

>what's their fucking problem then?
They're operating under the assumption that Asians are the only ones who can use martial arts. That's the entirety of it, even though Asian spiritual culture is wildly responsible for the cultural appropriation that they're so angry about. If anything, Asian culture appropriated Danny Rand in the story, because he was taken in by monks.

>Remember Spawn? He was black. He was good.
>Iron Man? White. He was good.
>Reverse them and you'll get a monstrosity that doesn't stay true to the original and just looks disturbing.
Iron man is a black female teenager now.

>It is sometimes called web television, though this phrase is also used to describe the genre of TV shows broadcast only online.
>Web television (also web series) is original television content produced for broadcast via the World Wide Web

you're just wrong

also

>Iron Fist (TV series)
>Marvel's Iron Fist, or simply Iron Fist, is an American web television series created for Netflix by Scott Buck

btfo

>It is sometimes called web television by me
You'll do better next time, I'm sure.

Mental gymnastics like this shouldn't be possible without the person doing them having a stroke.

from wikipedia which reflects the real world and not your autistic definitions

>your autistic definitions
Replying to yourself already?

If a character steals he's only allowed to be black
If a character is rich he's only allowed to be jewish
If a character makes something explode he's only allowed to be muslim
Welcome to new cinema