Daily reminder that Ridley Scott cancelled the official Prometheus sequel for Alien: Covenant movie and now has decided...

Daily reminder that Ridley Scott cancelled the official Prometheus sequel for Alien: Covenant movie and now has decided that he still wants to make it after all.

>While explaining the timeline that’s become incredibly muddled with Prometheus and now Covenant, Scott revealed that the next movie will be called Alien: Awakening. And it’s a sequel to Prometheus while also being a prequel to Covenant

consequenceofsound.net/2017/03/ridley-scott-titles-next-alien-movie-alien-awakening-confirms-its-place-in-the-timeline/

Christ, why can't he just go back to making period piece films instead?

so we can expect him to remake the same movie for a fourth time?

Ridley wants to make 4 more Alien movies. Does that mean we won't get Blomkamp's Alien movie with Sigourney?

Jesus he's just an old senile hack at this point. Covenant is going to suck and hopefully will bomb hard enough that he will be forced out of the franchise so it can finally died the death it should have after Aliens. Literally every other Alien movie since then has been progressively worse.

Alien 3 is kino

>“There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien,” Scott explained.
What did he mean by this?

So the sequel to Prometheus the movie that had "no relationship to the alien series" is titled "alien"

Is it or is it not the a part of the same series you motherfucker

Yes Alien: Awakening is a sequel to Prometheus and Alien: Covenant is still a sequel but it looks like Alien: Awakening will have more information about the white big guys that we won't get in Covenant.

>In terms of how Alien: Covenant; will differ from its predecessors, Scott teased that the film will be both “gorier and smarter.”
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

he most likely misspoke with the order of the films

as in, the sequel to covenant is called Awakening

the story that links Prometheus and Covenant is being published as a tie-in novel later this year

Looks like Adam Savage in 20 years

I honestly don't know which direction he is talking about but I guess it's a bridge between Prometheus and Convant

>Ridley Scott doing more scifi
fucking hell, might as well tie yourself down to capeshit

dubdubs of untruth

Alien 3 was good ending though. Everyone who met Alien - died. I belive company executed Morse afte interrogation.

Well, fuck me because I thought that coming Alien movie contains Sigurblney and Bien and Ridley just decided to it himself just like Brian Singer with Days of Future Past.

Alien 3 is kind of a miracle when you consider that Fincher pulled it off as a first-time director with studio execs literally crawling up his urethra, and said execs having blown 95% of the budget on abortive scripts, pre-productions and teaser trailers.

I understand why people dislike it, but I'm somewhat fond of it as a subdued coda to the bravura of Aliens.

>I understand why people dislike it
I honestly don't. Can u give me an unfolded answer?

>it’s a sequel to Prometheus while also being a prequel to Covenant
Maybe this will inspire Peter Jackson to make some seq-pre-quels to The Hobbit, to show what happened in between the three movies. He could probably do another 3 movies easy

QUIT RUINING YOUR LEGACY YOU OLD HACK

His legacy is untouchable. Let him do what he wants.

He's taken a fat Pajeet shit all over it already.

>And it’s a sequel to Prometheus while also being a prequel to Covenant

He's completely senile by now OR he's trolling the fuck out of Hollywood and everyone else, while he's still around.

Anything to keep the South-African hack at bay.

People like happy endings. Newt, Bishop and Hicks being so clinically disposed of after the upbeat ending of Aliens turns them off more than they'd like to admit, even though Alien is not a franchise that should have good ends for its characters.

That and at points it's a less competent retread of Alien. The film shines when Fincher is allowed to do something original, not just copy Scott's earlier work.

Hey faggot who insisted the blomkamp movie would be next, are you here?

Thoughts on that aborted late '80s Alien 3 script that starred Biehn and Henriksen?

>Alien 3 is kind of a miracle when you consider that Fincher pulled it off as a first-time director with studio execs literally crawling up his urethra, and said execs having blown 95% of the budget on abortive scripts, pre-productions and teaser trailers.

I say this too. The production problems of the film add a kind of poetic layer to the film which ultimately comes down to unhappy endings and misery.

I love Alien 3 and consider it the final part of the Ripley story arc.

I hate to say it but Ridley is turning into a hack. I liked Prometheus despite its flaws and Im looking forward to Covenant but the last thing Alien ever needed is a movie explaining the xeno, let alone 5+ fucking movies.

You like films with only men in them, except one women who looks liķe a guy? kys faggot

Pretty sure he's just cashing in his chips before he dies at this point. Like its all deliberate.

Id like to believe that he is at a point in life where he just wants to direct movies and doesnt have the stamina to fight the studio/producers like he did when he was younger.

Maybe a little of that too. Alien movies are both his retirement fund and the retirement itself.

that sounds like some reddit bullshit

When everything is reddit, nothing will be

we're not there yet

He's going full George Lucas. You never go full George Lucas.

Shut up you stupid faggot

>Hating Based Ridley
Man has made the most visually powerful blockbusters of all time. Give Covenant a chance he's earned your trust.

at the end of the day it only matters if the screenplay is good. The Councelor proved that Ridley Scott will shoot anything even if it's fucking insane.

Prometheus was terrific except for The Lost guy's shitty script.

This tbqh

All the bad parts in the script were included at Ridley's insistence and some of Ridley's early ideas were even dumber. Read the interview with the writer. A lot of Ridley movies have great visual style and terrible plots. Sometimes he gets lucky and accidentally films a good script.

Hopefully this new film will explain the origin of the wheat

Why can't they just stop ruining film franchises.

You ask this every thread. Fuck off. Blomfag's idea is retarded.

It's senility coupled with the death of his brother

>weyland yutani invent a time machine
>go back in time to grab an alien
>create the circumstances that create alien in first place
>happy ending for newt, ripley and hicks through time shenanigans portrayed by new, up and coming actors and and actresses

calling it now

The only interesting thing about Prometheus was the discovery of the "creators" and what their motivations and shit were. Tons of deleted scenes that actually provide insight, but no we had to cut those because they interfere with Ridley's head canon for his Prometheus sequel. Alright fine.

5 fucking years later we FINALLY get one. Looks to be essentially the same plot as Prometheus with the same trope characters.

LOL Engineers still a mystery, will be addressed in NEXT sequel to Prometheus which is also a prequel to this movie that hasn't come out yet LMAO.

>mfw 2025 and it's another rehash.

>for my final series of acts on this planet I shall fuck the alien franchise harder than its ever been fucked before
absolute madman

There's a really good fan edit of Prometheus out there which smooths al ot of the bullshit out.

Someone give me a quick rundown on why what Scott's doing is a problem? I think he's got a good grip on things. Prometheus was a great expansion of the Alien movies and his upcoming stuff sounds perfectly agreeable.

>Someone give me a quick rundown
you're human garbage

I have transcended humanity

Why cant he just Disney it and call it Promo 1.5

>Why can't they just stop ruining film franchises

It's like this. If it hasn't been ruined yet, it still makes money. As long a franchise keeps making money they will keep exploiting it until finally they ruin it and it stops making money.

Because of this formula, nothing really ends until it ends badly. (this is repeated in much of life outside of movies as well)

THE WRONG SCOTT DIED