Arrested Development Season 4

What went wrong?

the cast works better when together, not split apart with just minor characters

I don't know. What did we think about this series?

The series was cancelled prematurely, but they had ample warning and it was wrapped up nicely. There was literally no reason to make a new season years later other than money.

But I thought Michael becoming the bad guy was quite interesting

s3>>>s2>s4>s1

it truly sucks the show was canceled right as they figured out what the show was supposed to be

if the show had started in s3, everybody giving the show a shot would have stuck around because s1 was pretty boring and s3 was really funny and well-constructed.

it's basically like if a movie built up a bunch of buzz, then released a collection of rehearsals ot theaters, then two years later released the finished movie. nobody would care because they associate the name with the undercooked version of what it was supposed to be.

cast had other commitments. different schedules. couldnt get everyone together at the same times, so they just made them have individual stories. not quite as good, but still pretty fun imo

Season 4 is much better the second time.

Way too depressing. Still, I hope we get Season 5 someday.

theyre too old to watch

i really enjoyed it

Michael Cera allowed to write his character. Made him a full Chad ffs.

Plastic face Natalia. She was the eye candy of the show

>ywn fuck prime lindsay
JDIMSA

I've never seen a worse opinion in my life

We got older and it went out of vogue.

there was too much time in between 3 and 4. They all were suddenly fat and ugly. Well except Lindsey but she was always an anorexic bitch anyway

I just finished rewatching it a couple days ago
>feels like an endless stream of "what happened next"
>there's no real self contained episode plots where there's a climax punchline at the end
>repetition of scenes by showing each different character's perspective individually makes it feel more like a grind to get through
>lack of interaction between the main cast (since scheduling didn't work out during production)
>introduction of a lot of side characters you don't care about to make up for the fact they couldn't have the main cast together much
>drama just makes you feel shit, lucille 2 dying isn't nice, the michael/george michael/rebel triangle wasn't funny, george sr going passive and turning into a tranny is depressing
>drama:comedy ratio way off, going so far as to end the season with a dramatic punch and special credits music rather than a punchline

I really want to see the chrono cut that was made a year or so ago that recut every S4 episode so it was presented chronologically and to include every character in every episode. I feel like that might change things a lot

I liked fantastic 4 the musical

>fucks some random spanish woman
>fucks the same girl his dad had already fucked
>doesn't fuck maeby, officially "got over" her
worst arc

1. Way too much time had passed
2. They made each episode focus on a single character. The interplay between the whole cast is what made show great.

It was ok considering what they had to work with. It seemed like a logistical nightmare.

>no scenes at the company office
>no banana stand
>everyone's in LA hanging with celebrities and politicians

As an original fan who watched each episode new on Sundays at 8:30 right after the Simpson's I can say that S4 is pretty great. The only people who actively dislike it are newer converts to the series. People who first saw it in 2011ish in one long Netflix binge with 8 years of word of mouth behind it. If you just wanted more stories from old friends you haven't seen in a decade it was pretty good

Lady Dynamite is pretty good and I don't think Hurwitz would have made it if he hadn't met Maria Bamford when she played DeBrie in S4

So there's that at least

subtlety