Americans on this board please explain what happens to the fans of the clubs that move away

Americans on this board please explain what happens to the fans of the clubs that move away.

Like you're supporting your home team since your birth and then one day this team moves away to your arch rivals city no less. What do you do after that? Do these fans travel to that new city to watch games? Are they still watching the games on tv? What do they do with fan articles like caps, shirts, scarves, ...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9q-tey2a7PE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you're a fan of a real team they will never leave

youtu.be/9q-tey2a7PE

It's like your girl or your hair. When they leave you cut them off. It's the only acceptable time to become a fan of another team

They don't attend games and then whine like little bitches when the team moves, complaining about how unfair it is while actively plotting to steal another location's team

Midwest Chiefsfag here. My city had front row seats to the shitshow that ensued when the Rams abandoned St Louis for LA. About half the fans abruptly gave up on the NFL completely, the other half becoming chiefs fans, and a small handful still remain Rams fans. But the vast majority gave the team the finger and throw away jerseys and shit like that.

sudoku

They don't actually care at all about their franchises, why would you when a billionaire can just move them across the country on a whim?

Does Kansas City Missouri spill over to Kansas state?
wtf is the main city of Kansas?

Probably Wichita

The Kansas City everyone thinks of is in Missouri, right at the KC/MO border. There’s a Kansas City, Kansas but it’s small and shitty. With the exception of Witchita and Topeka, all of Kansas’s most populated cities are effectively overgrown suburbs of KCMO.

>When they leave you cut them off. It's the only acceptable time to become a fan of another team
This.

doesn't/won't happen to the greatest sporting organization on earth

>Forgetting how George Halas had to campaign to the city of Green Bay to get them to keep the Packers

Sonics fans never stopped going to the games. The team was always going to move to OKC no matter how many fans showed up the moment the team was sold to Clay Bennett.

>Americans on this board please explain what happens to the fans of the clubs that move away.

I have no idea because >my team has been in the same city for 150 years. If they left I think I would just stop watching the sport altogether.

The only reason Green Bay is allowed to have their team is because it covers the Milwaukee market and they don't need to build a new stadium because MUH HISTORIC LAMBEAU.

Beta cities lose teams.
Alpha cities steal them. Fear the Big Midwestern Cock

My only experience of this is very old people who watched the Brooklyn Dodgers or New York giants baseball teams which moved. Most don’t support any team. They just casually support the other two teams in New York

If you got a loyal fanbase and stay in the same region yeah they'll follow the team

t. Fan of the raiders since 89

>Milwaukee days never existed
fake fan

>Implying you're not about to lose the Pacers
State of basketball, they said

>Taking the side of corporations over individuals
>Taking the side of corporations ever

Ask me in ~365 days, OP

Teams generally only move due to a lack of ticket buying fans in their home market.

>Taking the side of corporations ever
t. teenager

Generally speaking, people drop the team and often the sport, swearing it off entirely or hoping for a new team to come (which happens sometimes).

The bitterness can last forever. My dad (b. 1943) was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. When they moved in 1957, he swore off baseball forever. I was born in 1979 and raised to hate baseball.

Reactions differ, though, obviously.

Yes, it does spill over significantly. The urban area is about 3/4 in Missouri and 1/4 in Kansas.

Kansas has some small cities aside from that (Wichita, Topeka) and some scattered towns of like 25k, but mostly it is a rural, agricultural state.

Unless your a casual, fans usually become fans of the next closest team unless they have a rivalry.
For example, when the Atlanta Thrashers relocated to Winnipeg, most Thrashers fans became Nashville Predators fans since Atlanta is only 3 hours away and Predators were in a different conference than the Thrashers.

The ngl is the greatest cuckshow on earth, if you actually go to a game it costs 500-1k dollars, Ive only went to a preseadon game and it cost 150 bucks for me and my gf but I got to go to jerrys world, parking alone is 30+ dollars to walk over a mile to get to stadium

Nobody cares if you understand or don't understand something we do. That goes for all you oversea inbreds who make these threads.

>$$$
Well flip more burgers next year and get that promotion to night manager.

I want the Rays to leave
Tampa doesn't deserve a baseball team since the only games that have high attendance are the snowbird games like Jew York and Bombston

Nothing happened to thrashers fans because they didn't exist

>They don't attend games and then whine

The corporations sewed the seeds of discontent

I was born and raised in San Diego. Grow up a Chargers fan. Have attended 100s of chargers games at home and on the road. Season ticket holder for about 10 years. I still watched them this year but didn't feel any pain or sorrow when they lost like I had in the past. When Rivers leaves I probably will not watch too much nfl.

/thread

>you will never be American during the 50's

>Go back to where they started
>abandoned
Brainlet

I live between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. When the Browns moved to Baltimore, everyone was unhappy. Browns fans lost a team and Steelers fans lost a hated rival. It was perhaps the only time that Steelers fans felt sorry for Browns fans.

Nobody was a fan of the Ravens. Some Browns fans started following the Steelers ... but not many. It was soon announced that Cleveland would get a new team and keep the Browns unis and team history, so we waited a couple years. Many gave up on NFL altogether.

It's been 20 years now and quite clear that the new Browns are beyond hope and ownership doesn't care. Despite that, I still see plenty of Browns gear to go with the Steelers gear fans wear. To this day, everyone still hates the Ravens

Houston oiler fans are heartbroken and stuck with the Oilers until the Texans were founded
I'm glad I'm not a Browns fan who had to try to root for the ravens

Park at J Gilligan's. That where I parked when my faggy Raiders were in town for the pre-season game against DEM BOYZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Shuttle was quick and their beer was cold as hell. Good burger too.

wew careful not to choke on their dick too much

Pls no ;_;

>Hartford Whalers

I pine for a day they comeback and I still say it was the /fa/est uniform ever, but Hartford is a shithole and motherfuck a Carolina Hurricane.

I became a half assed Bruins fan btw.

Are Ameriwobbles the ultimate customers?

Sometimes I wish SU would leave, but then again where can I get the disappointment SU produces in multiple levels of sports?