Why are Americans so attracted to the Bundesliga?

>Another U.S. men's national team prospect is headed to Germany, with Joshua Sargent agreeing to sign with German Bundesliga team Werder Bremen.
>The Germans have been scouting Sargent for almost a year while the forward was playing for Scott Galagher Missouri and the United States men's national under-20 team and have now reached an agreement with 17-year old Sargent and his parents.
>U.S. U-21 national team coach John Hackworth congratulated Bremen on the signing of Sargent and already compared the young Missouri native to Polish world class striker Robert Lewandowski.
>Hackworth: "He's an intelligent player, he really reads the game very well, which is unusual for a guy his age. I don't want to hype him too much at this stage, but I would compare him to someone like Lewandowski. People may say I'm crazy, but when I see him play, he really does remind me a lot of Lewandowski. Both are very robust players, know how to make use of their physique, yet at the same time still possess great technical abilities. The similarities are really striking."

>Bayern Munich are expected to soon complete the signing of 16-year-old U.S. Soccer prodigy Taylor Booth, a Utah-born player currently in the junior ranks at home-state club Real Salt Lake (RSL).
>Washington Post reporter Steven Goff has declared that the move is 'happening' and is therefore only expected to be a matter of time before Booth joins Bayern's youth team.
>It would appear that Bayern have beaten RSL to the punch, with Goff earlier stating that the Major League Soccer franchise were looking to promote Booth from academy level.
>Born in May 2001, Booth was the second youngest member of the United States squad at the Under-17 World Cup in India last year, helping the American team reach the quarter-finals where they lost to eventual champions England.

why do all these American teenagers go to Germany these days?

Americans have been going to Germany since the early 40s

also, r8 Sargent's gf

looks like a child

They're basically fitness refugees, who try to escape their fat countrymen before getting eaten.

Easiest of the top leagues. They actually look decent playing in germany.

well, they both are children

>There are more talented American kids in Germany than there are in mls
There is hope for us after all.

Klinsmann's influence, even though he's gone now. There's also the fact that a lot of Germans speak English so it's a really easy place for Americans to feel comfortable in.

Well they're 17...

Lots of reasons, but German clubs make an effort to scout and sign young Americans.

>Pulisic
>Wood
>Klinsmann
>Brooks
>Chandler
>Johnson
>McKennie
>Sargent
>Booth

9 Americans in the Bundesliga now and 5 of them are under 20....we are literally building the American starting line-up for the 2022 World Cup...

>tfw USA is the German B-team

thank u

>16-year-old U.S. Soccer prodigy Taylor Booth, a Utah-born player

isn't utah mormon land?

w-will he try to convert the bayern team to mormonism?

Isn’t Gonzales going to Dortmund as well.

Also from what we are told, if you’re in the development stage it’s better to go to Germany and Spain (outside of Barca and RM). The premier league is trash at development, you only go there when you’re in your prime already to cash in.

>Why are Americans so attracted to the Bundesliga?
I think it's the other way round la

friend if you want development you come to our league and then you get sold to Buyern for 50M

You also forgot the Tillman brothers at Bayern and two other teens at Schalke.

He unironically will.

Only Columbians develop there, the other non-native players you bought heavily, Mexicans, haven't developed.

is this /bundes/

>isn't utah mormon land?
Utah is majority mormon, but there are a lot of people from other denominations as well (mostly Protestants and some Mexican Catholics).

it's /ameribundes/

I'd be ok with that

they don't develop because they're born shit
our league* consistently ships out hues and argies to big clubs, there's also an American playing for Benfica at the moment

*watch

NO

In the past, everyone would be freaking out if a young American player was getting scouted, let alone signed by a team like Bayern. The fact that it's fairly reasonable now is a good sign for U.S. soccer.

he looks like he could be the son of that one american comedian who had a shitty sitcom running for a while (the sitcom itself was shit and got quickly cancelled I think, but the actress who played his daughter there was quite qt and enjoyable to watch)

They came before Klinsi too. Steve Cherundolo was Hannovers captain.

This. Scouts and agents.

Most Americans are actually German

>this post
>this picture
I think I have to puke.

We are far too autistic to handle playing in the EPL because the bongs banter our teenagers too hard.

We feel much more at home playing in a country that is also similarly autistic.

only league that works for our low talent level

b-but i thought americans don't play and care about "soccer" since it's "unamerican" and "commie"

has Sup Forums lied to me....again?

people that like soccer beyond the world cup are in the minority here, but it is still a large amount of people

I find it interesting that most American football talents seem to be white these days considering that American sports are usually dominated by blacks in general.

But I guess when it comes to football, whites (and Latinos) dominate in the U.S. as well

It’s slowly gaining popularity here, and the growing number of young prospects coming from the US directly reflects that. It’s still far from even Hockey levels of popularity yet though.

It appears more popular on the internet than it actually is in real life because soccer fans in the US are disproportionately young. Hardly anyone over the age of 30 here could probably even name a current player except Messi or Ronaldo.

You should be in jail

Because aside from spic immigrants, soccer is a sport played primarily by middle-upper class whites in the US. Haven’t you ever heard the stereotype of “Soccer moms driving their kids to practice in a minivan”?

Soccer culture in the US is completely opposite of the rest of the world. It’s not played by poor people here. The fanbase is mainly affluent wealthy liberal whites.

Over here, everyone plays it.

Working class, middle class, upper middle class and even the rich kids (although they rarely end up wanting a serious professional career)

>there are Americans talented enough to play in Europe

Genuinely surprised

>Working class, middle class, upper middle class and even the rich kids (although they rarely end up wanting a serious professional career)

This is generally the case in most team sports and it’s exactly why the US sucks at soccer. Most professional athletes are people like Clint Dempsey who grew up in poverty and were driven to pursue a career in sports viewing it as their best option to escape that life. In the US though, our Clint Dempsey’s overwhelmingly go in to other sports. He was enigma since he grew up in a poor town in Texas with lots of Hispanics that liked soccer.

more opportunity to play and develop

She is!

lol why?

you now remember Julian Green

funfact: he plays in the 2nd Bundesliga for the currently second to last team there now (Greuther Fürth) and yet is still just a benchwarmer there

possibly the most overhyped player in history after Freddy Adu

Ahahaha he actually is required to by his belief system, I can just imagine it happening now

>getting excited over players with 0 first team apps

Literally anything is a step forward for >us at this point la

USA USA USA

>he actually is required to by his belief system

Elaborate pls

I only know about Mormons because of South Park desu

underrated post

They believe that they are required to do a certain amount of good deeds to earn their inheritance (their eternal kingdoms), and part of that is sharing their faith and converting as many as possible. If they fail at doing good things and converting people, they will achieve a lower degree of glory in the afterlife

It's like a weird pay-to-win version of Christianity

Why does nobody respect our league?

i heard freddy adu is on the market, maybe he will want to play in your league

he could also sell you some good vacuum cleaners if needed

wasn't the story that he was only on the world cup team because Klinsman made a promise to Green's mom? Sometimes you just gotta let things happen if the pussy game is strong

>possibly the most overhyped player in history after Freddy Adu

That is an outlandish hyperbole if I’ve ever seen one. I’m hesitant to say Green is even the 2nd most overhyped player in just US soccer history, let alone every country’s history.

Freddy Adu’s Wikipedia page literally has “People thought this dude was gonna be the next Pele, what a bunch of idiots” in the broad summary of his life. The hype around Green never EVER got anywhere close to Adu, certainly not in the US, and he did more to actually substantiate some hype.

the pulisic effect

german scouts now realized that good american footballers actually exist and so they increased their scouting activities over there

american players also tend to be cheap and down to earth rarely causing disciplinary problems

americans attracted to the bundesliga is a BIG IMPROVEMENT over before, when americans were attracted to the premier league when it's a career-killing mercenary league.

someone like jozy who plays good soccer ended up being thrown in facefirst into a relegation battle with teams who cant hit a pass on the floor. someone like michael bradley who ended up at ROMA couldnt get a game at ASTON VILLA which says it all about the type of game and type of people who coach and play in england. england is no good for development, and FINALLY after so many years people have the right idea.

Our expectations have been lowered by memories of We appreciate you for helping develop Horvath. Maybe he goes back on loan to Molde since Brugge benched him recently

Americans cant handle the banter in Ingurland so they choose /bundes/.

Easy language for mongericans.
>Zwolf
>Guten morgen
>Prima Gut

....or maybe Altidore and Bradley were just mediocre garbage which is why they failed in a big league. And Bradley played for Moenchengladbach and was told to fuck off when he wanted starting minutes

The Bundesliga is the weakest league in Europe so the weakest talent goes to it

‘no’

CHI

CA

GO

CHI

MI

CHI
CA
NO

lmao pulisgod would shred the english "premier" league to fucking shreds

bradley was pretty effective at roma

Remember when Landycakes went to Germany and barely warmed his kit?

literally who

here ahmed now you don't have to puke

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Horvath is mediocre at best lad, end this meme

>Americans are cheap and down to earth

That’s flattering Germanon, but we’re not doing FUPA

Why is this meme still so prevalent? Anglos are still the dominant genetic ancestry in the US. What happened was Germans migrated to the US more recently making it easier for them to keep track their ancestry, so Americans would often end up with a mom that knew she had German grandparents, while Dad was like “lol I don’t know where the fuck my grandparents came from”, so their kids would just think they were German because their dad John Smith didn’t know he was half Scottish half English.

As more actual genetic research has been performed in the US, and historical records have become more widely available, Anglos have grown as an ancestry while Germans have shrunk.

I am an Anglo, as in my family is from the North Western part of Germany inhabited by the Angels.
The Brits and especially you are not.

hm. no wonder kentucky's such a god-forsaken shithole

i wouldnt want to be t*rk roach lel

Get your own damn name then.

Soccer is what two gays watch to get in the mood for freaky poopoo sex

WOAH you mean there are americans that like soccer and americans that dont???

Get off of the internet every once in a while hans

h-how would you know that?

my bros watch it before MMA

German clubs are more patient and better suited to developing young talent. Pulisic, for example, will probably leave some day if ever really does become a true world class player.

>implying eurofags and other non-americans should be any less narrow-minded and prejudging of other cultures, ethnicities, and countries
>implying eurofags and other non-americans actually know shit about america
>implying one should be surprised that eurofags and other non-americans cant fathom or understand as populous, large, and diverse demographically, culturally, socioeconomically, etc., as america
it's amazing how unsurprising, universal, and yet still infuriating human mush-headedness is. fucking rich coming from an australian. nice satantic trips you fucking shit-tier anglo redneck motherfucker.

>understand a country as*

Bradley was mostly a benchwarmer, he just got a decent amount of playing time because of injuries.

What this themost ideal city in the United States, for someone who only likes Soccer and is only a fan and follower of MLS (Major League Soccer)

>Real Salt Lake City
You guys can't even make good team names. Real Madrid (and other spanish clubs) is called like this because of its relations of the monarchy, you you dingus

Doesn't Puilisic have like 9 goals in international competition for USA?

Pulisic is better than Rashford

>not knowing that Utah and Salt Lake City specifically were Spanish holdings until Mexican independence
le flag le monkey le etc

Nothing personal, your country is too small and too cold to develop an elite professional football league. Should just keep sending your best prospects to England and Germany.

My question is why you guys don't produce nearly as many hockey players like your Swedish and Finnish cousins. Does everybody in Norway just want to comepte in the Winter Olympics?

>la luz extinguido
>calling others a monkey

Kek