Kong

Did /tf/ like this movie?
To me characters were super annoying and the movie forgettable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=13s
businessinsider.com/how-the-military-would-fight-godzilla-2014-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Samuel L. Jackson saved it.

>Did /tf/ like

NO

I liked it.
I expected a comfy monster movie with a few war movie gags and forgettable characters with nice action moments.
I got exactly what I expected.

Steve Brule was what saved this movie

pretty much this. decent action flick, which is all it needed to be

Sam Jackson is great
John C Reilly is great
John Goodman is great
Brie Larson is a great pair of tits
Tom Hiddleston is the most dull and pointless character ever commited to film.

7/10 the first half of the movie is good and fun, the skull crawlers are dull as fuck so as soon as they take over its boring as fuck

Enjoyed it. Horroble writing though. Felt like they took three different scripts of the movie and combined them. The editing was awful too. Cool monster action though. Looking forward to the sequels.

Writing was obviously shit so that it was easy to translate in to chinese.

It really felt like a stand alone film that they decided to re-do slightly to fit in to the godzilla cinematic universe.

I don't understand why King Kong is being added to a universe with Godzilla, Mothra, ghidorah etc. It seems super out of place and I can't figure out the motivation. They could have just kept making godzilla movies.

Godzilla vs King Kong is stupid. Godzilla will destroy King Kong. They must be setting it up for a first half fight, then they team up to fight something else.

Also, why make a King Kong movie in the 70s, establish a bunch of characters, but have the rest of the cinematic universe take place in 2016?

Honestly I liked Kong but I disliked that they got rid of John Goodman so soon. He was objectively the best actor in the whole thing.
It's like when Godzilla ditched Bryan Cranston right at the beginning.
Seems like a waste to even hire them in the first place.

Although this movie did remind me of why I like Sam Jackson even though he's been in a lot of shitty flicks.

>skull crawlers are dull as fuck so as soon as they take over its boring as fuck
Honestly I expected the Skull Crawlers to have a bigger role than they actually had, they didn't really do much.
I would have preferred if they had stuck more with the "men hunting Kong" angle.
It didn't really seem like the movie cared much about the Skull Crawlers either, they felt to me like that Indominus from Jurassic World where you can tell the movie knows the new monster doesn't compare to the iconic monster so it instead makes you dislike the new monster so when the iconic monster kills it you feel good.

I liked the 'back in nam' theme it had going on
I was almost rocking out to the music in the chopper part, fucking badass

Viet girl was a qt

They are probably trying to once again do the Godzilla vs Kong crossover.
And this Kong is much bigger and stronger than other incarnations of Kong (Toho also sized up Kong in the first encounter), and he's still growing. They are going to be on the same size.

>They must be setting it up for a first half fight, then they team up to fight something else.
Probably, considering King Ghidorah was revealed at the post-credits scene and he completely towers over Godzilla.
We are probably getting a Godzilla & King Kong vs King Ghidorah in the future.

>why make a King Kong movie in the 70s, establish a bunch of characters, but have the rest of the cinematic universe take place in 2016
Think of it this way: Kong cannot fight Godzilla unless his size matches that of Godzilla. But you can't have a King Kong movie where he completely towers over every other living creature (because he still needs to fight them) and where he cannot be injured by human weaponry. And this movie has to introduce him into the timeline while also being a King Kong movie.
So, the best course of action is to set the movie long before the present day so that, when Kong shows up in the next film (which will be set in the present), they can explain his new huge size with "he has grown since Skull Island".

The 70s war thing is because the director wanted to fit in that Vietnam shit and iit's honestly one of the only unique things the movie has going for it (not that it's really new).

The movie had a great soundtrack but I disliked the way it was used most of the time.
They play the songs too quickly and sometimes the occasions they played them were unfitting.
Kind of reminded me of Suicide Skwad where they blew all the songs in the first 15 minutes and the rest of the soundtrack was just generic action shit.

They should have used It Ain't Me

>They are probably trying to once again do the Godzilla vs Kong crossover.

That was confirmed by the studio already I believe. I remember a segment on it in the pre-movie shit at my theatre.

I liked it. There were some dumb decisions but overall it was pretty good.

Kong Vs Godzilla is going to be interesting. Kong will be as big as him when it's time because in the "Kong" movie he's still growing. He's only a teen during the 70s.

While Godzilla has sharp claws and teeth, a tail, thick scales, atomic breath, Kong has speed, agility, hands and feet for grappling. Kong also has the advantage of intelligence, as he uses tools and the environment to get the upper hand. Then again, Godzilla isn't stupid himself.

A direct hit of Godzilla's atomic breath can do a lot of damage and will likely surprise Kong at first. But the second time Godzilla tries it (it takes a few seconds to charge up and you can see it coming) Kong will be ready for it.

Jackson did his usual tired bad muthufaka thing, Reilly looked out of place, Hiddleston and Larson are chemistriless non-characters, every monster design apart from Kong is shit, action was forgettable compared to 2005

>Brie's character about to give a stupid speech
>BITCH PLEASE
>mfw

>tfw Sup Forums will start hating this movie now

>movie completely wastes this qt
>for some bland useless titcow

She looks gross. He head looks like a triangle.

I like the character Sam Jackson played but not Jackson himself in the role.
I would have preferred if John Goodman was given the opportunity to play the obsessed vietnam captain.
They could have even just merged the two characters together and combined their backstories.

every single time she appeared in the screen I always thought about this. Trust me, I distracted this stupid thinking with something else, whether it is the scenery or the black guy who played black Jack Bauer, but I can't.

I'd come to a credence to accept the truth, that, as you said, her head does look like a triangle.

I wasn't a fan. Felt the movie would have been far stronger if they cut out all of the cast that wasn't the soldiers, maybe keeping John Goodman and John C Reilly, but make the latter less of a ceaseless meme machine.

The Vietnam War meets Kong idea is a great one, shame they had to dilute it by having a British pathfinder and a fucking reporter get the most screen time

Acute Triangle

>start watching movie

>movie bankrolled by some chingchong chinky ning nong China company

>ohboyherewego.png

>shoehorned Chinese actor and or subplot

How long before this becomes the norm in films, then the films become completely china-centric?

>As of March 19, 2017, Kong: Skull Island has grossed $110.1 million in the United States and Canada and $149.2 million in other territories for a worldwide gross of $259.3 million.[3] The film was made on a production budget of $185 million, with about $136 million more spent on global marketing costs. According to box office experts, the film needs to make at least $450–500 million worldwide in order to break even.[48][49][50]

flopkino

It was in the 70's because Kong is going to grow massively in modern time to be able to compete with the new kaiju. It was a way to explain the sudden grow it will have (kong is stupedily big omg -shut up billy, he was just a baby in the 70's)

>it was translated as "don't tell me that" in Mexico.
>I still could read SLJ lips though

Fuck dubbers with a rake

I didn't even notice when she actually entered the plot. I was like "fuck yeah this island looks so cool with monsters and shit...wait who the fuck is that asian chick?" It felt like the the sidler guy from seinfeld appearing out of nowhere.

you have to make both an accurate translation and something that fits the mouth movement. "bitch please" is just two syllables, what else could they have done? "PERRA NO!"? how would YOU translate it?

PUTA POR FAVOR

couldnt have said it better

great monster flick, looking forward to more of them

CALLATE PERRA
CALLA PERRA
CALLATE
ESTUPIDA
NIÑA TONTA

etc

>I would have preferred if John Goodman was given the opportunity to play the obsessed vietnam captain.
Fucking kek, you reminded me of Big Lebowski
Thanks for the laughs hahah

too long, wouldn't fit

She was a biologist, yet she was allowed to carry around a M16. Same with the black geologist who used a shotgun.

That's what ur mom said last night.

BITCH, PLEASE

How people predominantly enjoyed Kong here is beyond me. It sucked OP it sucked gigantic fucking monkey cock. Do not waste money on it. There are so many parts of it that make no fucking sense it is mind boggling.

It was great

Please explain why you think it sucked

I think thats kinda why its so enjoyable.

Why did we need yet another King Kong remake?

Literally the best reason to watch the movie

Not a remake you stupid faggot cunt munching but cum guzzling retard autist fat fat fat loser retard asshole dumbass

Has it opened in China yet?

whatever cashing in on a popular movie is called now then

Are we supposed to take this troglodyte seriously?

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=13s
you pretty much nailed it OP

as said that was just make it a massive reference to the big lebowski and probably make it a comedy film in the process

It was a very cheesy movie.

i dunno who this guy is but he nailed it.
I enjoyed the movie although it was just another hollywood popcorn flick.
It had very good cinematography, the CGI was good and it didn't take itself too seriously.

steve brule is annoying
brie is cute as fuck

But it still would have been better than what we got.
It's not like the movie was trying to be serious anyway. The lighthearted Vietnam shenanigans comprise this movie's entire identity.
Given the choice between Sam Jackson playing the same tired character he always does, and having John Goodman play Walter again, I'd take the latter.

This guy is a RLM intern by the way.

Not nearly enough monsters tbqh

This is honestly one of my bigger gripes with the movie.
Skull Island has always been one of the best things about both Kong movies.
This movie could have explored the setting more instead of just having Skull Crawlers take over the movie.

It is the norm, it's also why the dialogue is shit. It has to be easily translatable to Chinese.

Most big films are like this now for this reason.

Gotta buy a ticket for the next five movies!

The film industry is in dire straights as is, you don't have to be purposefully obtuse and start talking about what did and didn't "need" to be made

Holy shit dude it where the fuck do I start. First scene I guess.
Plane crashes nose dive style straight into the ground on beach American pilot lands with parachute literally 1 second later. How the fuck does this plane and the guy land at the exact same time? In the exact same spot? What the plane was just flying around by itself for 5 minutes while he drifted down? Then somehow landed in the exact same spot? Also the plane absolutely incerated on impact and exploded. Then later on in the story he says they built their boat out of parts from his and the Japanese guys plane? Yhe Japs plane was last seen careeming off in the ocean first of all. Second of all how do they lug thousand pound airplane parts acrossed and island? Then the Japanese guy parachutes in and the American pulls out his gun and shoots 3 shots and misses all 3 and now hes out of ammo. Why did his gun only have 3 shots? Was he flying around in his plane shooting his fucking pistol at other planes? Then the Jap pulls out his gun and shoots his one bullet he has left and misses. Same thing where the fuck did his pistol ammo go? And why would he shoot his last bulet from 60 yards away when he knows the other guy just blew his whole clip? Not to mention when it shows the Jap land the background is ocean and rocks then when the camera angle changes to show the American looking at him there is just a sandy hill behind him. Then the Jap chases him off the beach into the Jungle and 30 seconds later they are on a cliff 3000 feet above ground (I understand time can pass in between scene cuts but what they literally ran up an entire mountain and aren't even out of breath or tired or anything). That is just off the top of my head from the first scene the rest of the movie is just as fucking stupid.

>This movie could have explored the setting more instead of just having Skull Crawlers take over the movie.

Better yet, instead of Named Gold Elite Skullcrawler endboss, there should have been a completely different and original monster not shown in any trailers.

Speaking of which, what are some of the best original monster designers in the west?

> where he cannot be injured by human weaponry.

Even as a little kid, I always thought it was stupid that Godzilla and the rest somehow weren’t injured by tanks and missiles. Even a shitty WWII bazooka could penetrate 3”-4” of steel armor.

well it depends on how serious he can pull it off but yeah I didnt like Sam Jackson in this.
He played it well, actually better than most of the time he gets a role but it's still boring to see him yet again as "bad muthafocka" soldier boy

meh I assumed that it was because of his radioactive ultra magical armor
i mean even a nuke doesnt harm him, right?
that's pretty big magic

>According to box office (((experts))), the film needs to make at least $450–500 million worldwide in order to break even.

>how would YOU translate it?

I wouldn't translate it all, English is the de-facto global language.

>no Half in the Bag
fat faggots, only reason I watched this piece of shit

If it makes you feel any better, at least some people in the know think the US military would his ass

>we'll never get to see multiple spooky gunships unloading at big G

businessinsider.com/how-the-military-would-fight-godzilla-2014-5

Godzilla would lose a lot of his imponence and power if he could be easily taken out by human weaponry. He would lose that sort of godlike status he has and just be another giant movie monster.
It is stupid, but so is the idea that radioactive mutation can create gigantic fire-breathing lizards.

On the other hand, a pretty big part of King Kong stories is the idea that humans are indeed his greatest enemy, and that even his natural power can fall before man's greed and hatred. But, as I said, if Kong is supposed to stand on the same ground as Godzilla, they have to scale him up (which is what they did).

One thing I liked about Kong: Skull Island is that the movie scaled up Kong and made him a lot stronger while still showing some of his vulnerabilities. His introduction has him take out a squad of helicopters, which contrasts with the usual King Kong ending (biplanes being capable of shooting him down) and shows his increased strength. But he still almost dies because of men and their traps, and he still gets injured.

>a completely different and original monster not shown in any trailers.
I completely agree with this.
One of the things that sets Kong: Skull Island apart from Godzilla (2014) is that, while Godzilla's trailers and promotional material didn't show much of the monster, and the movie itself featured Godzilla sparsely (as it should be), Kong shows the monsters a lot more frequently and it didn't try as much to hide Kong (there's never been much of a mystery).
However, a new and unrevealed monster as the final boss would have been a much stronger surprise. They could even keep the "this is the boss of the skullcrawlers and if he wakes up the island is doomed" angle, just make the monster something other than a scaled up skull crawler.

Oh also they mention how the island hadn't been discovered because it was constantly surrounded by a gigantic storm but the entire opening scene there is nothing but blue skies surrounding the island.