/wjc/ hockey

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfJqcOp7QIs
macleans.ca/news/canada/canada-home-to-the-suicide-capital-of-the-world/
youtube.com/watch?v=xFp8ts4hRdM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(holiday)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Happy this semen slurping tournament is over. Now I can channel my time into something more useful like learning a foreign language so I can leave this fucking place.

based

Czech this

C A N A D A

>no scorers in the top ten
truly a team effort this year lads

tournament is pointless now

macleans.ca/news/canada/canada-home-to-the-suicide-capital-of-the-world/

youtube.com/watch?v=xFp8ts4hRdM

So you’re in the club and this guy slaps your gf’s ass - what do?

>finnipeg

>Pikangikum, a fly-in reserve located about 300 km northeast of Winnipeg,
nothing of value was lost.

DUDE WHERES MAKAR!

M A K A R
A
K
A
R

Makar looks like a young Rob Gronkowski

>disabled kid is skating
>he is not skating for himself, he is skating for canada

waiting for you in the semifinal canadistan
waiting for you in the final slovakia

Reminder that Finland is still the greatest hockey power

Swit2erl0nd

see you on the other side brother

>unironically rooting for canada

Would a Czechoslovakia team be unbeatable today? Is that why they split, for intetnational hockey parity?

it’s in ontario so it’s their problem.

>our greatest ally

sending you all the energy I can brother

t. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

jesus fuck what a shithole. people in south american favelas have nicer houses than that. id probably sudoku too.

Canada refpuck

there is no such thing as slovak hockey. we had grandpa hossa but it turned out he is allergic to hockey.
In a Czechoslvak team there would be literally 0 slovak players.

>we want the Sup Forums audience

call off the dogs at 5-0 and buckle down for the shutout

>we had hossa
And Demitra
F

I unironically feel bad for the Swiss goalie :'(

Bet he takes a trip to the suicide forest

HEY HEY BABY

I WANNA KNOOOOOOOO IF YOULL BE MY GIRL

>I unironically feel bad for the Swiss goalie :'(
feel worse for ours, he might not get ten shots in this game and we sort of need him to be tested

nostalgia

I cried on that day so much like a little bitch.

Nice job with the comeback Denmark

Can anyone relegate Denmark? How are they in this tournament still?

Chara and Halak would get one each and Tatar might get a spot tbf

Does Denmark scoring 5 on Belarus just show how bad Belarus's group truely is, since Denmark only scored 2 all tournament prior

>Attendance: 5,109
more like 109
if it's empty for USA/russia then there's a serious problem

>chara
maybe

>halak
no way he is fucking shit

>tatar
ahahahahahahahahaha, what a joke

Yeah, well, at least we didn't lose to the Czechs.

Probably sold tickets tbf

Tatar is a no-brainer, Panik and maybe Dano as well
that's about it tho, still love Slovakia and I want a team together

who will take Belarus place next year

Kazakhstan

I feel pity for the players playing here, especially for the little teams. I know a guy who plays our leauge, he played at the world juniors in 2010, and he told me that these were the matches he will never forget (even if we sucked) because of the atmosphere, and he will talk about it even for his grandkids.

I just can't get it why americans hate hockey this much. When we had the u18 wjc in slovakia last year, every single game had full attendance.

sad

when binland hosted it made no difference what teams were playing

USA is not a hockey country

>US-Canada outdoor game
>RECORD attendance of 44,000
>Americans hate hockey

next year when I see empty seats in Vancouver I am going to kek heartily

tbf it is a pretty rotten time of year to expect attendance and having the games in the afternoon is even less helpful

this
people are at work and can't afford to take 2 weeks off to watch every game of every random countries

what kind of a backwards country is america if everyone doesn't take at least 2 weeks off at christmas?
literally everyone I know goes back to work next monday

>Chara
They would not say no to that experience

>Halak
You may argue that Mrazek and Pavelec are both better. Pehaps even Neuvirth. But Halak has more games than all of them. So even if he isn't getting the starting position, he'll sure to get one of the spots.

>Tatar
Look up who Czechia has, he would have a pretty god chance.

>Panik
Wouldn't take him over Kase, but over Frolik, perhaps.

>Dano
Haven't seen him play that much. If he's a good 4th line hustle player, perhaps. If not, then no tbf

>capitalist wagecucks

ottawa could be moving over attendance issues and not even they were bad
there are of course exceptions but no indoor game in the tournament has over 10,000 and that's inexcusable

why do you think our GDP is so high?
no time to sit around slacking off for 2 weeks, we've got work to do

>tfw your wage is financed by other peoples taxes
Including yours ;^)

north americans get nowhere near the amount of vacation time as europeens

>2 weeks
euros are slackers

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(holiday)

baby jesus is disappointed you work before LOPPIAINEN

jesus doesn't pay the bills

"The average American worker receives 10 days of paid vacation per year. European countries, by contrast, mandate that employers offer at least 20 days a year."

source: google

>no scorers in top 10 despite winning almost every game is evidence of good team chemistry and teamwork
I actually unironically believe this.

wtf I hate America now

what if gretzky was the zoidac killer

25 days in Sweden + 9 public holidays

30 in binland
weekends dont count ofc so 6 weeks minimum

fruck canada and fuck canadian people

is it similar in Norway?
I need to move back to the land of my ancestors

no clue but I would assume so, our legistlation is pretty similiar (because we all copied sweden)

25 days + 2 public holidays

Kazakhstan

one week is christmas to new years
second week is recovering from previous week

>great great great grandpa thought we has moving to America to give his offspring a bitter life

thanks for dooming me to wage slavery with almost no vacation

Rude as h*ck

*better life

i had a feeling that scandies were longer but i couldn't be bothered to research that deeply; tbf i have a seasonal job and get laid off for about 3 or 4 months while getting paid about 70% of my typical wage by the government while i'm unemployed

cultural learnings of hockey for make benefit glorious nation kazakhstan

just compare the glee of the olympics, versus the resignation of a glorified exhibition

bitter life*

sounds pretty nice on paper without knowing if the local government is a bitch to deal with

true -_-

I know that Canadaanon said average in America is 10 paid vacation days but I don't even get that at my job

just fuck my shit up tbqhfamily

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig.
But I have to ask, you're not an albertan working on the oil fields, are you?

based

RARE

>"There is no statutory minimum paid vacation or paid public holidays. It is left to the employers to offer paid vacation.[165][166] According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 77% of private employers offer paid vacation to their employees; full-time employees earn on average 10 vacation days after one year of service.[167] Similarly, 77% of private employers give their employees paid time off during public holidays, on average 8 holidays per year.[167][168] Some employers offer no vacation at all.[169] The average number of paid vacation days offered by private employers is 10 days after 1 year of service, 14 days after 5 years, 17 days after 10 years, and 20 days after 20 years.[167][170]"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country

I swear Canada has the cheeziest commercials

Cant wait to hear Kazakh bantz next holidays

no, it's pretty comfy, desu

there are stipulations though; such as i can't leave the country for vacation while receiving money from the gov't and i always have to be "ready and willing to work"

it only requires me to fill out an electronic form online every 2 weeks with simple yes/no answers

i could have vacations but i just wouldn't get my gov't shekkles while i'm out of country

PULL HART

yeah, my job has stuff like Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and a few others paid days off but thats pretty much it

5witzer1and

no, i'm from vancouver island, bc, and i work as a landscaper

>NOT A SHUTOUT

>losing to the chechenyan republic of repeating digits

> 5 weeks (30 days with Saturdays sometimes, but not Sundays, counted as holidays) is the minimum mandated annual leave by law.[62] Workers are also entitled to 11 paid public holidays on average.[63] After working for the same company for a long period, many employers raise the 30 to 38 days (so-called long holidays). (Many employers in Finland give a holiday bonus (lomaraha) every year; this holiday bonus can be converted to extra holiday - giving another 13 days of holiday (or 18 days for those on 'long' holidays).

I never take the money tbph

Score? I'm at work :'(

ok, so it's not just me thinking this
been watching these same TSN commercials over and over the whole tournament and I'm like wtf

I don't watch TV in general though (besides hockey but I stream) so every time I do end up seeing a TV commercial they seem to get worse and worse every year. guess its not just in America