One of the greatest comic book movie in history

>one of the greatest comic book movie in history
>gets this

>thank you cinema industry, fucking assholes.

You ever think maybe it's just not that good when held up to an actual standard

Movie sucks, manchild.

this, the rating looks right to me

It wasn't bad or anything, and while groundbreaking (like Avatar, say), it was otherwise nothing remarkable. Also Snyder is a hack.

It's only partially good because the source material is good. Everything that is movie OC is either cringy or mediocre.

It would only have been good if it was a Minisseries

I thought it was extremely boring, but than again I also didn't like the comic so I guess I'm not the target audience

HALLELUJAH

Movie reviews are autistic social justice warriors that give bad ratings to movies with no minorities. Some of the hardcore fans were also displeased because it didn't have "muh giant ayyy octopuses!" So they rated it poorly.
All normal functioning members of society love this movie.

Would this have been better if it went for R rating like Deadpool? They could expand that sex scene for starters

u wot m8, the movie was R

Autistic man child detected.
"Where's muh giant space ayyy octopuses q.q"

>greatest comic book movie in history

*teleports behind you*
nothing personal, kid.

Welp, it certainly didn't seem like it, maybe it's because it's been a while

It really didn't need to exist

Snyder is great at fram-for-frame recreations, but this story really wasn't suited to a movie

Also Snyder's direction and casting for Veidt was insultingly bad. It's like he though the audience wouldn't be able to follow the story unless Veidt acted like a blatant villain the entire time.

The squidlmao is literally the least of the movie's problems, adaptation wise. Something like the group actually being called "The Watchmen" rustles me a lot more.

>the movie
>complex narrative structure
please be shitting me. I may have struggled with watchmen when I was 15 or something but damn

That's just for the theatrical version which was a fucking mess. Like BvS, the directors cut is a way more cohesive experience and would've gotten more praise.

But RT is a shitty measure of quality anyways. High % means least offensive to pleb critics, not actual brave honest cinema that stimulates brain muskles.

Autistic man child detected.

I couldn't care less, we got a decent movie.

Not even the author of the graphic novel thought it was good.

kys

RT was fairer then.

If it had been released now it would get an 87% certified fresh and everyone would be calling it groundbreaking

The only good movie Snyder made was 300. The Dawn of the Dead remake is passable. Everything else is tryhard bullshit wallowing in its own self importance.

Even Sucker Punch, a movie about attractive girls fighting baddies like a video game, had to have some b-plot about prostitution and heavy handed attempts at social commentary so retards could convince themselves they're intelligent for watching garbage.

It's alright but it's so much like the comic book that I'm not sure why it needs to exist. I understand novel adaptations bringing in a visual element, but comics are already a visual medium. I'd rather just read the comic again rather than watch the movie again personally.

>It's like he though the audience wouldn't be able to follow the story unless Veidt acted like a blatant villain the entire time
Seeing BvS reception, he was right

>Get Out
>100/99

This was a million times better than that

>the last fresh Snyder movie

It was hardly groundbreaking when all it did was copy the source material and adding hardly anything.

>Seeing BvS reception, he was right
what are you saying?

Luthor suffered from Goyer's terrible script

Snyder is trash when he isn't working off a strong script

nigga's moore's been a hack and a faggot for years now, and i pity anyone else who read Babylon.

On top of that he didn't even see the film and just shat on it anyway. Gibbons on the other hand did and loved it.

Moore is redpilled.

Kindly neck yourself.

I love Watchmen more than anyone in this thread. But it has one of the worst soundtracks ever created. Seriously, the person in charge of that should be blacklisted from Hollywood.

>waahhh why can't muh epik Synder slo-mo capeshit get recognized as the greatest work of art ever created

honest rating. you know it's an interesting movie when it's controversial and when the reviews are bipolar. you shouldn't ever rate a movie more than 90 unless it's one of those masterpieces

>Moore
>redpilled
he couldn't be anything further from it you fucking retard

>On top of that he didn't even see the film and just shat on it anyway
because Watchmen is a a story that is fundamentally a comic. The medium is the message is many ways.

Anybody who doesn't get that, doesn't deserve the time of day.

but the soundtrack is all I like about it

Man of Steel is a masterpiece and it has very similar reviews.

>oh no he's right! but maybe if I call him a retard he'll back down...

>The medium is the message is many ways.

>Anybody who doesn't get that, doesn't deserve the time of day.

>The medium = the message = many ways

black man with question marks.png

yes he is mong

I think you watched a TV edit or something m8. It was much more R-rated than Deadpool.

This.

Switched it off after an hour.

I'm pretty sure I love it more than you desu.

It was an ok effort, but Watchmen doesn't translate well to other mediums, and the fact that they had to alter the ending to make sense to movie audiences shows the limitations of an adaptation.

The medium is the message IN many ways

sorry for the confusion, user

I'm no DC cuck, but Watchmen is miles better than any of those 90%+ nuMarvel crap.

That isn't at all what McLuhan was talking about lol go back to marketing class

>I rate comic book movies

Do you own a rorshach t-shirt? Did you used to walk around school with the comedian's button on your backpack and read the comic in public?

Come back when you actually understand cinema

I loved it more than either of you, and I hated it.

>ending aside adapt the comic near perfectly
>still get it completely wrong and miss the point
It's quite impressive

>Do you own a rorshach t-shirt? Did you used to walk around school with the comedian's button on your backpack and read the comic in public?

People can enjoy things and still have self-respect

>Watchmen better than Iron Man or Winter Soldier

>muh bad words and Snyder slo-mo, fast-mo epic action

you are a retard, seriously how do you think he is redpilled in the slightest.

same as above

>“Tripwire: I saw [Snyder] interviewed recently and he was quoted, “Worst case scenario—Alan puts the movie on his DVD player on a cold Sunday in London and watches and says, ‘Yeah, that doesn’t suck too bad.'”

>Alan Moore: That’s the worst case scenario? I think he’s underestimated what the worst case scenario would be…that’s never going to happen in my DVD player in ‘London.’ [Moore lives in Northampton.] I’m never going to watch this fucking thing.”

>you are a retard, seriously how do you think he is redpilled in the slightest.
hey look, you did it again

nigga did you even read Watchmen, just look at Rorschach for fucks sake.

Stupid mong

The sex scene was terrible.

The movie has tonal issues and that's one, it's bad compared to the comic, and that's unforgivable.

this

i asked for proof or examples retard.

Christ, you cannot be serious

>i asked for proof or examples retard.
his written works

Why can't Disney make movies this good? Shouldn't be that hard right?

Complex doesn't always mean hard to understand user. Google the meaning of the word and you'll see.

Films might use an occasional flashbacks or they start at the end and then jump to the beginning. Most of them however are just linear stories that follows a single character around. Often you're told to avoid using anything more fancy by other screen writers who will tell you, ´with good reason, that it is easy to fuck up these things.

Watchmen however often jumps back and forth in time, doesn't really focus on any single character through out the film, has a story-within-a-story with Tales of the Black Freighter, tons of minor characters living their own little lives and so on. And even with all of these tricks and gimmicks, the story is still comprehensible to the average viewer even a long run time.

More than one of those "Top Critic"s rated Beauty and the Beast as fresh.

>Shouldn't be that hard right?
what makes you say that?

It's very difficult to make a good movie. That's why there are so many bad ones.

ah yes, because fucking V for Vendetta just screams redpilled.

now seriously retard, which of his books have right wing themes or messages portrayed in a good light, as i admit i have not read all of them so i may be wrong.

Woops, wrong picture.

Could you explain in great detail and comparisons tot he original and the last french version that came out why it's not fresh?
Try not to use meme arrows, other peoples reviews and make sure for the comparisons use youtube or vimeo videos for the scenes.

I'll wait and thanks, Sup Forums

i mean thats pretty fair, as an adaptation its pretty shit and as an action film its pretty substandard. Doesn't help that the Raid came out in the same month and surpassed it in almost every way.

Best thing about it is the soundtrack and aesthetic.

oh I'm sorry, I didnt realized you were a conservacuck

red-pilled just means truthful. It doesn't mean mindlessly sucking conservative cock.

Because by now they have a decade worth of experience making superhero flicks. They have 50 years of source material. They could be making great superhero movies and instead we get Doctor Beyonce. There must be some kind of reason explaining this.

>can you explain why this frame by frame remake of a superior movie, with shit acting, mediocre songs and Netflix tier CGI is bad?
I actually can't

Yeah: nobody at Marvel/Disney or WB actually gives a fuck about superheroes. They just care about the brand name and what money they can squeeze out of it.

oh, so you are literally using the fucking matrix to base your definitions from. Still a retard, and not even close on the conservative stinger.

Back to my original point, Moore's been a fucking joke for years now and is a terrible person to boot.

>There must be some kind of reason explaining this.
Do you have any theories?

Do you think they're making bad movies on purpose?

>redpilled = right wing

65 isn't bad you fucking retard. Look how many fresh there are.

you know you still haven't answered a single one of his questions.

>this movie had a lot of problems
>like what?
>SQUIDSSSSSSSS

>Moore's been a fucking joke for years now and is a terrible person to boot.
based on what?

>oh, so you are literally using the fucking matrix to base your definitions from. Still a retard, and not even close on the conservative stinger.
>Back to my original point, Moore's been a fucking joke for years now and is a terrible person to boot.

this is 4 chan mate, its hardly his fault to think that they were talking about politics considering how often is parroted around here.

Did he cuck himself ?

>oh, so you are literally using the fucking matrix to base your definitions from
Where do you think the term came from?

How old are you? be honest

>be Moore
>have wife
>also have gf
>have gf live with you and wife
>wife leaves you for gf
>look like a hobo

Supreme might have been the last good thing he has done.

>Could you explain in great detail and comparisons tot he original

Should have been "with" not "and." Considering this I'm afraid such a write-up would be a waste of my valuable time since you're obviously too poorly educated to comprehend it in any case. Not to mention gay. Toodle-oo!

he was just unstuck in time, wasn't he?

It was still him fucking his wife, just a version of him from earlier in time

Actually yes, that's my theory. Look at the Beauty and the Beast for instance, everything about it screams "death of cinema" right? And it still makes a lot of cash. But also think about Pirates of the Caribbean. That shit cost 375 millions to make plus the standard Disney 150 million marketing budget that it's probably going to be even higher. 500 millions on that absolute and irredeemable piece of shit. Now think of your top ten favourite directors, unless you're a bottom of the barrel pleb, with those 500 millions you could make, distribute and promote one movie from every one of them. They obviously don't want to make good movies. They could afford one 8/10 movie like Watchmen once in a while right? But they don't, because they don't want to

why would they make bad movies on purpose?

based on his fucking work since the mid 2000's or do you mean the terrible person aspect?
>Has managed to piss of just about every major company he worked with be it DC, marvel or 2000ad
>Has a long history of being a dick or just completely fucking over his artists and friends and never even apologising.
>Used influence to force 2000ad into making them publish his daughter's shitty comics despite them getting flat out hatred from readers all the time.
>Had his gf live with him and his wife before his wife divorced him and left with his now-ex girlfriend.
i can go on.

who are you quoting?

It wasn't that cinema industry that got it that score.

Because people like shit and making people pleasing shit allows them to indoctrinate the masses

>pissed off everybody in the mainstream jewish media
>isn't cucked by women

sounds redpilled to me

Moore is the anthony burch of Sup Forums

>Snyder is great at frame-for-frame recreations, but this story really wasn't suited to a movie
On top of that, recreating shot for shot is one thing, bu the entire movie felt completely soulless. As has always been the case, Snyder can into pretty pictures, but can't evoke performances from hi actors that convey enough emotion to fill a shot glass.

>>Has a long history of being a dick or just completely fucking over his artists and friends and never even apologising.
absolute bullshit