NRA Discussion

Wew lads, I live in New York and a pro-NRA commercial just played.

What are your thoughts about them? Are you a member, if not, why not?

>Commercial was about a 8/10 white qt3.14 saying how her rapist attacker won't get to her or her kids because of the NRA helping to fulfill her 2nd amendment rights.

Benefactor member here. If you're going to donate, give to the ILA or PVF- your money will go further.

The NRA is based.

Enough said.

There are those that say otherwise on the right for a multitude of reasons, some of them justifyible, but none of them large enough to tarnish the good they do.

>What are your thoughts about them?
They are generally a good thing for gun rights.
Are you a member, if not, why not?
Yes.

I donated to the GOA instead, I heard they do more with it but I still respect the NRA. I also don't want to join the NRA because I heard they spam the ever loving fuck out of you with mail and asking for more donations.
What organizations are those?

And why will it go further there? Thanks for explaining

If you fly in from Birmingham
You'll get the last gate

If you blew in from Boston
No, you sure won't have to wait

And I'm learning a little more every day
About the power of the dollar
And the people with white collars
And the good old American way

I've noticed I don't get much help
When they see my blue jeans
Some slick with a suit walks up
Oh, can I help you please?

Yes I'm learning, as I gain a little age
About the power of the dollar
And the people with white collars
And the good old American way

Some high society lady says
Is your horse outside?
No ma'am, he's between my legs
But youre too fat to ride

And youre learning
A little more about my ways
And what I think about your dollar
And your white collar
And your good old American way

If you don't like my nudie boots
I'm sorry about that
Don't make fun of my hat too
Or you might get knocked flat

And you'll learn some more
If you ever pass down our way
About the folks without the dollars
And without white collars
Hell, they are the American way
Read more: Hank Williams Jr. - The American Way Lyrics

That's actually pretty clever, how can feminists hate guns if it protects them from man spreading?

Good talk, friend.

I see you have a Mac Tonight patch. Are you the user that has the MoonMan tattoo, but has a whiskey jar underneath it so it appears as "Moon Shine" so your employers don't make you as a racist fuckwit?

/k/ollector here

The NRA is like being in an abusive spouse relationship--you want to leave but have nowhere else to go.

They cater too much to "Fudds" and are too willing to do with safe "Half a loaf" legislation than risk all-or-nothing.

That being said, they are a force to be reckoned with in Congress because they have the largest bloc of single-issue voters out there.

NRA does a good job of trying to teach firearm safety practices.

NRA-ILA does a good job of fucking with anti-gun bullshit.

I prefer NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights), it's the conservative alternative to the NRA. There is also Gun Owners of America.

Am NRA member. I like the NRA-ILA much more because they actually get shit done.

No, although I do enjoy moonshine.

Two life members in my home. My stepdaughter is going to turn 21 next month. One of her gifts will be a life membership. Also paying for her to get her CCW. Another will be the pick of the litter when we open one of the safes.
Not old enough or rich enough for benefactor status, yet.

The NRA has done some good work in the past but I don't have much tolerance for their moderate, lets support law-and-order, compromise bullshit. I give money to the ILA because its direct good work, but other than that my gun-related donations go to the Second Amendment Foundation. Those fuckers actually fought the handgun ban.

How do you join the ILA directly? I found them when I wanted to join and donate to a pro 2A group but it just went to the NRA site when signing up.

Is it just me, or does (((Chrome))) refuse to properly load NRA's website?

I am an NRA member and if you're not, you're a filthy faggot kike lover.

When you attend a Friends of NRA dinner, the ILA and Second Amendment Foundation are well represented, and I have donated to both.

Agreed, that's what I do.

>giving money to people to protect whats inherently protected

ayy cuck, guns protect guns rights

No, but you can directly donate to them

Why are you using Chrome?

Not in congress they don't. Lobbyists, lawsuits, and enough constituent contacts to make voicemail systems do.

>look into NRA membership
>membership fee is not tax deductible

You have to submit to monitoring and accounting if you're a 501(c)3. If you give up on that, though, your member rolls can be effectively protected.

That's the old NRA. More recently, the NRA has stopped putting up with any bullshit. I joined them earlier this year.

Have a gun to go with your (You) my friend.

Tell that to gunowners in California

>That's the old NRA. More recently, the NRA has stopped putting up with any bullshit.

The fact that they aren't raking the police over the coals over the Minnesota case suggests differently. The cops killed a guy lawfully carrying for informing and the NRA issued a statement saying they were waiting for the investigation to be concluded. Fuck that.

The rifle range I want to join requires an NRA membership. I think I can get away with the $10/yr "Associate Membership" though.

>Using chrome

The NRA is a defender of the 2nd Amendment.

Not a defender of the 14th Amendment tho.

They were waiting to see if he was lawfully carrying, because there is serious doubt he was lawfully carrying you fuckwit

Isn't waiting for the facts the prudent thing to do? Jumping to conclusions based on partial stories or straight up lies isn't necessarily the answer.

"AY CRACKA-ASS CRACKA PIG, I GOTS ME A GUN!" isn't considered legal carry under any normal definition.

Trusting a damn thing the Jew says before the facts are revealed? How (((noble))) of you, Reddit.

>HURRR WHY AREN'T THEY LEAPING TO CONCLUSIONS OVER SUCH A SENSITIVE CASE????? FUCKING RAKE THE POLICE OVER COALS BEFORE KNOWING THE FULL FACTS OTHERWISE YOU'RE A GUN GRABBING COMMIE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

>why aren't you paying money to a bunch of loudmouth klukker gun nuts most of whom are raging tight-assed homos ultra-deep in their gun closet

what did you just call me

2/10 i replied

After Orlando they voiced support for no fly, no buy legislation.