That's the way Pop wanted it

>That's the way Pop wanted it.

IT AIN'T THE WAY I WANTED IT!

>be Fredo
>be born incredibly rich
>you get whatever you want
>your little brother has to do all the work
>you somehow get upset about this

If I could let my little brother make millions of dollars for me while I get drunk and bang whores I'd be thrilled.

Yeah but you also get shafted and overlooked your whole life, he just wanted to be important. Scuttling him away to Vegas was the equivalent of sending him to auntie's house with some toys

>retard does retarded stuff and gets in trouble
>rest of family is urprised when this happens even tho they know he's a retard

The better question is, Why did no one ever tell Fredo he was retarded?

>Vito never wanted Michael to get involved in their business, wanted him to be a Senator or some shit
>let Fredo, who was sickly from childhood join
>let Sonny, who was a retarded hothead join

Michael was the only suitable candidate imo besides maybe Tom

>get to live in fucking vegas with all that money

fredo should've just picked up a hobby, jesus

His hobby, to quote Moe Greene, was "banging cocktail waitresses two at a time, the other players couldn't get drinks!"

>regular driver calls in sick
>everyone knows this is suspect as fuck
>sends retarded brother to drive the old man
>I'm sure nothing can go wrong

seriously though how fucking stupid was Fredo to drunkenly talk about already meeting Johnny Ola when Michael is like five feet away from him

Tom should have been Don, but MUH SICILIAN HERITAGE prevented it

You straightened by brother out?

I liked the part when Vito ends up becoming the Godfather.

In my mind I thought Vito was just a scrawny beta then he ends up becoming awesome.

Also, how come vito got to move back to america he murdered a cop, no experiation date.

Originally, the third movie was gonna be Michael and Tom fighting for control of the family, but Pacino's bitch ass wouldn't take a paycut so they could hire Duvall.

>1954
>putting a mick in charge of your family
Madonn

>fredo should've just picked up a hobby, jesus

Well, he liked fishing...

But it wasn't Fredo's fault he was somewhat retarded, it's mentioned in Godfather II that Fredo became ill with something as a baby, which made him kinda retarded afterwards.

Pneumonia I think.

Wait it would have been Michael vs Tom? That sounds horrible I love Tom Hagen.

I wanted Sonny to be the head of the family since his heart was in the right place, like pic related really resonated with me, but he'd just do the stupidest shit from cheating on his beautiful wife with some gross thing to speaking out of line at the Sollozzo meeting. I liked the scene where he went to beat up his brother in-law for abusing the sister.

He had a strong commitment to his 'old' family/one he branched off from from even if not to his 'new' family/wife and kids.

Sonny was just to hot headed Michael's mistake was in believing he could ever make the family go legit that and getting married to Kate

Tbf to Fredo Michael acted like a total dick when he came out to Vegas to take over Moe Greene's stuff. He didnt even inform Fredo of what he was going to do, and this was before he had any real reason to dislike Fredo. No surprise he felt like Michael was going over his head.

Michael was a massive hypocrite regarding "family values", he never really understood the part about being a Don which is being the bigger man and demanding respect not only because of power and violence, but also because you are seen as a reasonable man., even when people dont behave the way you want. Compare how Vito treats the undertaker in the first scene with how Michael treats anyone who slights him.

Michael only cared about his own ego, and part of that was about having a facade as the head of a loving family. Which is why he goes on and on about family first while neglected his own. Like the scene where his son gives him a drawing and Michael cant even say anything positive about it, because hes more concerned about personal revenge than his own son.

I agree with your second two points but there was no reason Michael had to tell Fredo his intent with Moe, Michael was already Godfather or acting Godfather by that point, he didn't have to explain his motives to underlings.

he was concerned that his son was becoming an artsy faggot

The fourth movie was gonna be Andy Garcia's character ruining the family in the drug trade. Puzo died before they wrote much of it though, and the lukewarm reception of 3 totally killed it.

Agreed. He gets to enjoy all the aspects of being rich while essentially being a NEET. I don't see a problem, other than his pride.

He doesnt have to, but if he understood anything about family he would have told Fredo instead of making him look like a moron in front of his associates. Can you imagine Vito treating a close family member like that? Getting angry at Sonny for interrupting in the Solazzo meeting is not the same. Michael wants the respect that Vito commanded but fails to see why he was regarded so highly. For Vito, violence and threats was a last resort when necessary, for Michael its option number one.

Eventually people stop looking, and it's not like they had a name.

Did he know Michael was there?

Who did he talk to again?

>instead of making him look like a moron in front of his associates
Everbody already knew he was a moron

>Can you imagine Vito treating a close family member like that?
Vito knew about it and helped decide about it.

Vito was just as violent. He was just a lot more stealthy about it

I TALKedtobarzini

his name is michael you retard. your post had me confused for like a minute until i realized you were talking about michael.

I always loved the delivery of that line.

The guy who played Moe Greene was a real life mobster before he became an actor.

>Why did no one ever tell Fredo he was retarded?
Doing so would expose a plot hole. You're breaking the immersion, user.

He's the son of an immigrant in post war America. He doesnt want to be a NEET you scum. He wants to earn his keep like his brother, and his father did and not feel like a useless sack of shit.

Out of all the brothers, why didn't Fredo just go legit? Like become a businessman or inventor or something? I've always wondered how Vito would've reacted if his middle son became a well-respected member of high society?

>why didn't Fredo just go legit?
Because Fredo was retarded. Have you not been paying attention to the thread, ghost of Fredo?

because fredo is dumb user

he wanted michael to become the well respected normie

>everybody discussing the movie
>nobody talking about cassavetes' incredible performance as Fredo
Absolutely one of the best character actors ever. He wasn't in a lot but he was perfect in everything.

Fuck off Meryl Streep, I'm sure he's happier dead than with some shriveled cunt like you.

>cassavetes

Get the fuck out of here, pleb. His name was John Cazale.

We get it he played a convincing retard. Nobody is disputing that.