Why was season 3 so fucking terrible?

Why was season 3 so fucking terrible?

I thought it was ok

it was really bad compared to the previous seasons.

Odd, I've heard from everyone the opposite, that season 3 is when the show finally becomes consistent.

From what I've seen (a couple of episodes each season), I've only liked episodes from Season 3 (Shut Up and Dance)

It was alright had it's moments anyway, tbf i expected a quality drop when Netflix took over.

This whole show is fucking terrible. It's just Twilight Zone with shitty writing while trying way too hard, it's very cringy. Why do people like this

Absolutely loved the lesbiankino episode. :^)

Basically any UK show that becomes Americanized ends up being pure shit. Literally no exception. Just look at The Office, Black Mirror, IT Crowd, House of Cards, and the list goes on...

shut up and dance was the only good S3 episode, the others tried way too hard and were really badly written.

I liked the one with Auntfu in it too, the first episode, but other than that I'll definitely agree with you.

This show is fucking terrible, did you tards actually watch three seasons of this trash?

I thought it was pretty bad, it was just "woah dude social media is bad" without an actual story around the message. The main character that you are supposed to root for is no better than the antagonist, she's a total bitch.

Eh, yeah. I won't exactly defend the episode, and it was definitely more about a message than telling a story. But I thought it at least did that well. Where other episodes I thought didn't do either well.

> Not liking Playtest
Was it so scary you had to look the other way most of the time?

Too much time passing, American influence. Still haven't finished it.

playtest was terrible, literally "awful, absurdly done horror tropes but it's ok because it's INTENTIONAL and IRONIC lmao". Also the final "twist" made tons of huge plotholes, like the fact that despite never actually meeting the asian guy in real life he accurately appears in the simulation.

>quality drop when Netflix took over

This is the true answer.

You guys act like Black Mirror hasn't always been inconsistent. Compared to the second season of "Be Right Back," "White Bear," and "The Waldo Moment," the third season is an absolute classic. Waldo is a lame concept with absolutely terrible execution, and it's 33% of the second season.

>The main character is no better than the antagonist, she's a total bitch.
>What is an anti-hero

He knew what the Asian CEO looked like from a magazine cover that Tinder Girl showed him.

An anti-hero generally still accomplishes something inside an actual story, the main character of the episode is the same shallow bitch as the antagonist, the only difference is that a series of unfortunate events land her in prison and foil her plans to deceive a group of people to win internet points.

Fair enough, didn't notice that.

Be Right Back is the best episode of the series

True. People like to say that it declined on S3 to appear knowledgeable in British and then-obscure shows and because they are Murica haters, but the second season has the poorest global score of all, even considering White Christmas a part of it.

Yeah, that's why I said "inconsistent" instead of "total shit."

But no, that's not the best episode of the series.

Ah. White bear is terrible but I thought Waldo was alright, it at least had a more interesting message/concept than most of s3 and followed a good main character.

At least we got some THICC BDH out of it.

The problem I have with Waldo is the execution. It's like in movies when somebody is supposed to be a genius painter or artist, so all the characters gush over how brilliant they are, even though their work is clearly nothing special. Waldo was just a generic, unremarkable character with the kind of voice that you get when you tell some random person to "do a crazy disguise voice right now". Yet in the world of the episode, we're supposed to believe that Waldo is this brilliant, amazing, everyone's favorite thing, when Waldo IRL would bomb because the cheapest kids' show on any network has more thoughtful character design.

If your story is 100% based on the idea that Waldo is brilliantly special, loved by all, then it's probably a bad idea to use the most generic character design and a voice that literally can be taken over by some non-actor at a moment's notice without anyone caring. It changes the whole point of the show from "politics has become so abstracted from its original purpose, and is just another entertainment show subject to the same forces," to "people are as thoughtful and easily distracted as goldfish".

I agree completely, it immediately struck me how generic waldo was as a character. He's just another crazy frog/minion/rabbid with a generic annoying voice, and I think that may have been partially intentional because of how when the actor leaves in protest he is immediately replaced and nobody even noticed but it still doesn't make sense and is poor writing.

I'd say it has the same hit to miss ratio as the rest of the seasons.

Americans

Absolutely. I guess it would have been pretty tricky to explain how Waldo continues on without the actor controlling / voicing him, but making him completely replaceable because Waldo is so generic causes other problems.

It's like when How I Met Your Mother had that throwaway joke that Ted breaking down and crying during wedding speeches was a viral sensation, with millions and millions of views, and autotuned remixes, and celebrity status in Iceland or wherever. I understand that "and that video they made went viral" is a fun plot device or gimmick, but there's no way that some random guy crying during a speech because his life sucks is going to get 100 million views. HIMYM only did it for a joke, but Waldo based its entire premise on you accepting this as reality. And it didn't work for me, because the only reason anybody would care about Waldo is because the Black Mirror writers told them to.

Why do you think White Bear is terrible? Is it because basically nothing happens the whole episode?

The worst part of the episode was by far the epilogue with the totalitarian Waldo new world order, how the fuck could they think that was clever.

That's the beauty of Waldo: in unites the fanbase. People have all sorts of diametrically opposing opinions on which are the good and bad ones, but there is pretty much consensus that The Waldo Moment had a cool premise, but it was all downhill from there. And that Men Against Roaches was a meme episode.

Sci Fi fucking sucks when you force a liberal agenda, look at Star Trek.