Someone explain to me why "Get Out" was so praised

Literally nothing about the movie was mind blowing.

It's the schindlers list for niggers

because it's funny and tense

Well shot and the acting wasn't shit. Two standards a lot of US horror movie's cant fucking manage

>AYO MANE ALL DA FUCKING WHITE PEOPLES IS RACIST!!! EVEN DA ONES DAT ACT LIKE DEY AIN'T!!!

It triggers those that honestly deserve to be triggered

It's funny and pretty original

This. Fuck White """""people"""""

I will give it that it was tense which I would say is one of the things the movie did really well. The comedy was fucking cringe worthy though. It was that "haha look a black character acting like a stereotype" shit which didn't fit the movie's theme at all.

the comic relief character wasn't all that but I thought the whole chris at the party section was hilarious

It is honestly saddening how soft skinned and complacent you people have become. Your ancestors conquered the planet and this is what you've been reduced to.

I enjoyed it, great soundtrack too, and I don't get it, why aren't more people posting allison williams, she was fucking smoking, especially in that turtleneck

Sadly this. Every horror movie tries to be the Conjuring 2 now, without putting in any of the work that made it successful. They think by making cheap imitations they can run away with a 100mil+ franchise. That's true of most shitty studios now, but particularly pervasive in the horror genre.

That's true. The shots really helped create the unsettling atmosphere throughout the whole move.
As for the acting, I will agree that it wasn't shit. Actually the chick's brother did a really great job. His whole speech at the table scene was equal parts unsettling and mesmerizing.

>my face when cotton picking literally saved the day

Also The sunken place was a great visual piece.

>That scene where she is searching for the keys

I have not felt such fucking suspense in a long time

Now, don't get me wrong. I am not saying that the movie was bad. I enjoyed it and, it has a lot of good attributes. I just don't get why people are acting like its some sort of masterpiece when nothing about it reaches that level of quality.

It was on the slate for current propaganda enforcement.

Let them praise it ridiculously and simultaneously set unrealistic expectations for Peele's next work. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Yeah I don't care too much about the supergiant hype but it certainly wasn't shit and I liked all the little things they did that setup what was going on and why certain people acted that way, I felt like a retard for not picking up on why the groundskeeper was doing that midnight run.

Chick that played Georgina should get something for that upstairs scene because it was so nuts.

806+773-x=11

That's only because of Rotten Tomatoes meme rating. People don't understand that as long as critics rate the movie over 5/10 it is considered fresh.

Most people on the internet are rating it 7/10 or 8/10, which are perfectly good ratings for it.