Reminder of who your CFB national champs are

Reminder of who your CFB national champs are.
>Beat Auburn
>Only team to finish undefeated with a perfect 13-0 season
>Auburn beat both teams playing for the (((((natty)))))

Try to dispute the following:
1) Playoff committee is biased
2) UCF played a tougher schedule than Bama
3) An undefeated team and conference champion deserves to be in the playoff, let alone even the top 10

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21951014/ucf-knights-raise-national-championship-banner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but no

Reminder not to support the ((((NCAA)))) in any capacity whatsoever

If I were UCF I'd go full throttle and just claim the national championship, the way schools used to do back in the day before the BCS. Stick a finger in the committee's eyes and DECLARE yourselves national champions. See what happens. Be arrogant about it.

Fucking this. Though they likely signed some agreement saying they're legally not allowed to do this when the FBS was formed

This is seriously the most autistic argument in ages. Yes, they're probably better than a lot of the lower-end P5 schools, but come on, do you really think a team that was 0-12 a couple years ago is good enough to beat Bama or Clemson?

I wanted UCF in it so they'd get exposed and we wouldn't have another G5 meme team for a decade or so

Does it matter? They didn't get a shot to prove how good they were. They beat every team on their schedule, including Auburn, which beat Alabama. They're entirely within their rights to declare themselves national champions.

>They're entirely within their rights to declare themselves national champions.
no they aren't lol. they're right to feel left out, but no one in their right mind considers them the best team in the nation.

They havent played a top 4 team. dont be ridiculous. auburn was crushed after the SECCG and didn't show up to play against UCF. Do you honestly think they wouldnt get blown out against any of the teams in the playoffs? They'd be a laughing stock if they 'claimed' it.

They can call themselves Peach Bowl champions.

T. Redneck alabama tree poisoner

If they throw a fit like that the NCAA will dismantle their program faster than you can say SMU

You lost to auburn in your superbowl after scheduling mercer

They'd crush alabama and georgia, prove me wrong

College football might as well be figure skating

Haha

Alabama has multiple claimed national championships that weren't declared by any major organization. Why shouldn't UCF do it?

Is this supposed to mean something mobilefag?

This is why Frost is going to Nebraska. Beyond the pay increase, the NCAA has heavy bias in paying more attention to certain teams due to the money they generate. Nebraska was ranked 7th in the nation last year after going 7-0 and then their whole season went to shit after. The 2016 Huskers were never a good team and should have never been ranked that high, but they were anyways.
>losing 62-3 to Ohio State

this

>Muh week 1 win over 6-7 (pre-season ranked) FSU is the best win of our season
>winning division or conference doesn't matter, (we) beat FSU

i consider them the best in the nation according to win percentage.

>Playoff committee is biased
Actually it’s on you to prove that. Seems like they just picked the teams that had a right balance between strong record and strong schedule. UCF had the former but not the latter
>UCF played a tougher schedule than Bama
No, they did not. Sagarin and Nolan both put Bama over UCF.
>An undefeated team and conference champion deserves to be in the playoff, let alone even the top 10
I’ll give you top 10 but G5 teams do not deserve the playoff ahead of 1-loss or even 2-loss P5 teams. You cannot compare the level of competition.

>do you really think a team that was 0-12 a couple years ago is good enough to beat Bama or Clemson?
This is some sort of weird P5 blindspot, where your actual philosophy is, "My team was good in 2011, therefore they're good now."

First of all, it doesn't work that way.

Second of all, UCF's record a few years ago is irrelevant.

Third of all, they beat Auburn, a team that beat both Georgia AND Alabama this season. And not on a last-minute Statue of Liberty play, either. They BEAT Auburn.

If Frost were coming back next year, they'd have a Top-20 preseason ranking and a real shot at the CFP if they went 12-0 again. WIthout Frost, well.... guess we'll see.

>They havent played a top 4 team.
Neither had Bama until two days ago.

Danny Whites National Champ campaign is brilliant.

Who is more important to UCF? Frost or White? Danny White x1000.

>we wouldn't have another G5 meme team for a decade or so

Tell that to Auburn.

Already happened. Look at their twitter

>This is why Frost is going to Nebraska.

Wrong corn fucker. He is going because of his father who wanted to see his son one day coach at Nebraska. That was the final deciding factor. Had nothing to do with the money, he made that clear time and time again even contributing his own money to the UCF Football Excellence fund to help increase the pay for assistance not to mention his place in Winter Park is fucking nice, high end, not gonna get that shit in the corn field with corn farmers shoving corn cobs up their ass.

>>They havent played a top 4 team.
>Neither had Bama until two days ago.

That powerhouse of Mercer though.....

The only solution is a scaled down version of the NCAA basketball tournament:

16 teams: 10 conference champions, 6 at-large bids. Get rid of this scripted LOLSECWINS WWE bullshit and let them play for it on the field.

And they btfo that top-4 team, but let’s not mention that

>He unironically thinks the committee is going to lose any sleep about a high school team declaring itself national champs
Most deluded fanbase in any sport

8 teams. P5 conference champs, 1 G5, 2 at large. I have yet to see anything better

What other galaxy do you live on where the champions of the Mountain Fucking West get to play with the big boys? 5 conference champions, 3 at-large bids for Notre Dame and Eastern Who Gives A Fuck Sun Belt State to cry over.

I heard rumors that they were trying to shill this meme but didn't believe it. It would be funny as trashtalk but I was shooketh when I saw that they unironically think this.

At this point they just look like assholes though. If they actually put a banner up in the stadium then I will actually support them for memeing at unprecedented levels.

Agreed

Fuck it, do it anyway.

The NCAA won't do shit

And UCF BTFO Auburn.

What's your point.

>btfo
Winning by one score against an apathetic team is not btfo

The NCAA may very well step in if UCF profits off its parade or starts selling national champs merchandise

Exactly, there’s no quality control with this, they might as well

>shooketh
You have to go back

Kek, they’ve stepped in over much less

ABSOLUTE MADMEN

espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21951014/ucf-knights-raise-national-championship-banner

They are more delusional than these autistic Sup Forums kids. The best part is Frost is abandoning ship because even he knows playing in a shit conference isn't worth it.

t. mad SEC fag

He's right though
t. neutral Pac-12 fag

Actually I am quite excited. I just got to see my team win a game in the playoffs and am about to potentially see my team win a National Championship. Good luck to your team next year.

But UCF already won the Natty this year. Sorry! Enjoy your bonus bowl game though!

You can keep your Peewee league trophy. I'll take the extra bowl game and the real trophy.

>UCF beat the the team that beat both teams in the natty
What kind of a fucking rabbit hole is that

>claiming trophies for games that haven’t even been played yet

It’s almost as bad as a team claiming national championships in years they lost their bowl game

>Alabama, for instance, recognizes 1973 as a championship year. The coaches' poll did name the Crimson Tide No. 1 that year, but voting took place before they lost to Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.

>most deluded fanbase
knock knock

Stay salty knightbro...

No it won't the ncaa has no power in the FBS championship process. Traditionaly the polls decided. Then in 92 1 started playing 2 in the post season. In 1998 the BCS was created and every conference agreed that there would be a national championship game. The bcs once again was outside of ncaa controll and we had a split championship during the BCS era. USC LSU split the polls despite LSU winning the championship game. The playoffs now are another compromise outside of NCAA controll. Also before the 90s trams would pull polls out their ass to justify hanging a banner. UCF is playing by traditional rules of the game. The proper answer is to laugh ignore them and let them claim what ever they want.

lol Frost is a mercenary he'll be in the NFL or Michigan in less than 3 seasons

Perhaps you forgot how to read:
>The only solution is a scaled down version of the NCAA basketball tournament

Nobody complains when East Tennesee Tech and Montana A&M get their asses handed to them by Duke and UNC. Sure they're gonna get destroyed but at least they're given a chance to play it out on the court, rather than having their fate determined before the season even begins because LOLG5GETFUCKED

All UCF is going to do is ensure no P5 team especially an SEC team will schedule them ever again.

> the victory doesn't count because the other team was bored

In that case, ALL-HAIL THE 2018 CFB CHAMPS

As much as I like this, all this really proves is that bowl games are meaningless exhibitions that no one cares about except UCF, who felt like they had something to prove.
We need to stop acting like bowl games tell us something about the strength of given teams/conferences.

Cornshuckers have soy for brains

>Alabama could beat the Browns since they dominate all their games

>UCF could beat Alabama since they dominate all their games

do you see why your argument is retarded yet

>Tell that to Auburn.

Auburn loses to UCF

Auburn loses to Clemson

Clemson gets dismantled by Alabama

UCF = meme

Dear god this
What's the point of a team like UCF even playing in D1 if at the beginning of the year there's simply no possible way for them to win the championship?
Why even have the G5 here if it's all meaningless?

I doubt it, fact of the matter is no one is really going to give two shits about this inba weeks time. I'm a Bama alumnus I honestly can't tell why anyone would get worked up over this. We all know everyone only counts "Consensus" titles anyway. Letting people claim whatever they want doesn't hurt anyone.

He went to Nebraska because his father played there, and the family ties brought him back. If it's anyone else, he stays at UCF.

Dude, if you go 13-0 in a season, you're getting a preseason ranking the next year. That, plus another 12 wins, gets you in the playoff.

This is math.

You see the problem was that UCF didn't have any of those quality losses the other teams have

>You cannot compare the level of competition.
>Beat Auburn, who beat both teams playing for the Natty

I don't get why UCF would be watching when they beat all the SEC teams they played this year??

Bowl games COULD prove something, if they were scheduled according to quality and not geography.

Clemson lost to Bama and SYRACUSE

There's a meme here, but it ain't UCF,

>meaningless
It's not, but the way it's set up more favors traditions than actual immediate talent.

Look at the preseason poll from back in August. How accurate was it? (spoilers: not very).

But voters who'd never seen these teams play were voting based on how the team had done in previous years, how many players had graduated, shit like that. So there's no WAY that UCF gets on that list, unless than have a season like they just did. This earns them a spot in the preseason poll next year.

See:

Why is it the NCAA can create such a perfect playoff system for basketball, but absolute shit ones for football? BCS was trash, this playoff system is trash.

The NCAA has the FCS play off, it gets no control over the FBS one. How do people not get this?

How? No way of scheduling is going to make the teams care
Especially not in the Turbojuice.com Shady Oaks Senior Living Bowl

Yeah, but if your ability to be taken seriously is based on how you did in previous years, then suddenly those people trying to use that 0-12 UCF year against them as if it matters have an argument, because apparently years with completely different groups of players are somehow relevant to this group of players.

>needing to win over multiple years to win a single year trophy
>not a flawed system

pick one sweetie

You don't belong nigger

#1 Clemson vs. #16 Troy
#8 USC vs. #9 Penn State
#4 Alabama vs. #13 Boise State
#5 Ohio State vs. #12 UCF
#2 Oklahoma vs. #15 Toledo
#7 Auburn vs. #10 Miami
#3 Georgia vs. #14 Florida Atlantic
#6 Wisconsin vs. #11 Washington

y no want

>it gets no control over the FBS one
Control isn't the right word to use. FBS teams are still part of the NCAA and have control over them, i.e. enforce NCAA rules on teams, players, coaches, etc. If they wanted, they could implement their own system and make any changes they wanted.

This. When will u fags learn that the NCAA is pure cancer

Troy came within 7 of beating Clemson in 2016, and they would win that match-up.

UCF vs OSU would've been the most epic game any of us have ever seen.

FAU would've beaten Georgia, fight me.

.... but here's the reason why not:
>field of 16
>takes four weeks to play
>CFP Title game is January 29

No fucking way.

Let's check that schedule
>Florida International
>at Maryland
>Memphis
>at Cincinnati
>East Carolina
>at Navy
>Austin Peay
>at SMU
>Connecticut
>at Temple
>South Florida
>Memphis
>Auburn

Strength of schedule was ranked 75th out of 130 teams

If you win the MEAC in CBB, it doesn't matter what your SOS is. You still get as much of a chance as Duke, because you won the conference, and so you go to the tournament.
The CFB playoff doesn't even throw enough bones to cover all five P5 champions. Why did Bama get in but not Ohio State? OSU won their conference.
The playoff system only helps the strongest conference which is dumb.

And then Georgia curbstomped Auburn in the SEC championship and are in turn going to lose to Alabama in the NC, making this brainlet argument totally void.

Then maybe perhaps what if we like say hypothetically didn't take a random 3 weeks off for absolutely no reason?

Reminder that 5 P5, 1 G5, 2 at-large WILL happen

You now realize Alabama’s schedule was equally piss easy and they lost to the only common opponent

UCF's record

Can’t tell if trolling or genuinely retarded. Frost has zero interest in NFL and no ties to Michigan. He’ll probably finish his career at NU if he’s even remotely successful and scandal free. It’s his stated dream job and has been since he started coaching

Spotted the butthurt SECfag

No, without Frost they will rank UCF in the top 20 since they expect them to not be as good--so if/when they lose, they can use it as justification for "well this is why we rank lower tier teams more conservatively".

Can someone explain to me why Jimbo Fisher would want to leave Florida State for A&M?
It's just dawning on me now that all the hype has died down that that makes absolutely no sense.

football wise it doesnt but jimbo is getting paid a lot more money. FSU is stupid for not showing him love

>scheduling Maine
>cancelling against Maine

Doesn't Alabama have 1 or 2 national titles where they just declared themselves champions despite the press voting for Notre Dame, or maybe it was Michigan.

Nah FSU got a good deal out of it. Jimbo will underdeliver at TAMU and they’ll be buying out his obscene contract in about 5 years.