What can we expect from Godzilla vs. Kong and the Monsterverse as a whole? What are your hopes?

What can we expect from Godzilla vs. Kong and the Monsterverse as a whole? What are your hopes?

Also, how did you like Godzilla 2014 and how did you like Kong: Skull Island?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g3aIsJcAMhY
youtube.com/watch?v=wpGK-H8tiaM
youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=13s
rense.com/general95/amtop10.html
moviepilot.com/p/why-autistic-power-ranger-more-important-people-realize/4229885
heroichollywood.com/power-rangers-cyler-billy-autism/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-gay-character-storyline-yellow-ranger-plot-explained-987236
youtube.com/watch?v=VqgdWu4IvfM
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

After Kong vs Godzilla
>godzilla vs mechagodzilla
>king Kong lives: he fights some other big monster
>godzilla vs gigan remake
>destroy all monsters remake

Kong made me really hype for more monster movies. Can't wait for Godzilla 2 and Pacific Rim 2.

The deleted MUTO sex scene

Godzilla 2014 was okay. I'm going to see Kong on Wednesday.

MARTHA

>Godzilla roars at Kong
>Kong beats his chest and roars back
>Kong is too fast for Godzilla, Godzilla gets punched over and over
>Godzilla bites Kong's arm
>Kong lifts him up and slams him
>Kong lifts up a building and smashes it against Godzilla's head
>Godzilla tries to use his tail
>Kong grabs it and swings him around
>Godzilla gets tired
>Kong rips open his mouth

fight over

Will never live up to my fanfiction.

So I don't care.

Kong ang Godzilla fight u til the real enemy shows up. They team together and defeat the big bad monster.
They part after sharing a meaningful stare.

The end.

Is the new Japanese Godzilla totally seperate from the Bryan Cranston Godzilla?

I'm not savvy with the Monsterverse

Godzilla: "MAR-THA"

Kong: "What? What did you just say?"

Kong is wrapping utility cables around Zillas legs

Hey you guys remember that star wars movie with the big camel walking thingies. Let's do that

What kind of faggot would genuinely want some giant nigger to win?

I'll tell you what the Monsterverse needs. More sci-fi. After the events of Godzilla, seeing how those monsters can also affect the rest of the world and not just Skull Island, I'm sure the government is interested in weapons that are effective against those things, without resorting to nukes because fallout and collateral damage and all that. Lasers, masers, plasma weapons, lightning weapons, EM, microwaves, railguns, etc.

You could make really cool and visually impressive action scenes with those elements.

Just imagine the scene. Introduction of the first non-Godzilla monster.
It's nighttime and raining, the full moon behind the clouds softly illuminating the scene. But there is more light. Several rows of huge military floodlights illuminate a vast rural landscape with hills and some woods here and there. In the distance a giant monster is approaching and we see the military rolling its energy weapons tanks and missile launchers to the front. In the command tent officers are gathered around a table with a plan on it. We learn that once the monster crosses a certain line they will open fire. Slowly the monster comes closer, everybody is tense. The order comes, open fire! We see barrage after barrage of missile fire, bright orange fires erupt on the monsters skin in sharp contrast to the blueish hue of the rainy night. They start firing their energy weapons. While the first impacts of the shells and missiles shook the monster a bit and slowed it down a bit, it didn't really care. The energy weapons have no pushback on the monster but where they hit we see its skin badly burned and charred open. It's effective! The monster screams in agony... or rage? It charges the military who keep firing everything they've got but the monster comes closer and closer, nothing seems to be able to slow it down. It crashes into the war machinery and everything gets destroyed. The hope after seeing the energy hits has been dashed into pieces and soldiers flee in fear and panic.

XDD simply epic!! Brofist my good Sir :)

Godzilla is a slow boring fuck who gets hurt by a building. King Kong is an agile, smart monster that can use weapons. Kong is way more fun to watch and just does cooler shit.

Well put my good sir have an up vote!

Yeah.

Mainly because Shin Godzilla would fucking wreck anything in the monsterverse so far, no problem.

Basically this:

youtu.be/g3aIsJcAMhY

>Kong vs Godzilla
>Kong & Godzilla vs Ghidora
>Kong vs Mechagodzilla
>Godzilla & Mothra vs Rodan

>who gets hurt by a building.
You're the idiot from the last thread, he literally had a shit Ton of crap on him he had to dig himself out of. Let's see how Kong reacts when he has a buoldinh toppled on him. Plus that nigga is gonna get old by 2014 and won't be so agile

Kong was more an action movie. I thought Godzilla was more of a horror film. I liked Godzilla better but they're both good.

Jaegers + Kong + Godzilla vs Ghidorah

Lmfao kong's gonna have to get a little bigger before that's ever going to happen

"Do you bleed kong"

it'll literally be strong fags vs dexterity fags arguing against each other for two years after this shit drops

Godzilla 2014 was underwhelming. I honestly think the 1998 version is more entertaining. Skull Island was really fun and redeemed my hope for the series. At this point I'm operating under the assumption that Gareth Edwards is shitty and couldn't make a good movie no matter how much money he's given.

False God-zilla

I liked Neon Genesis Godzilla more than the one with walter white.

>Pacific Rim 2 features a final boss Kaiju that serves as an organic Jaeger piloted by one of the Overlord aliens.
>In the final fight the Biojaeger uses dimensional rifts that it can spontaneously generate to dance around Gypsy Danger 2.0, using hit and run tactics.
>The pilots anticipate the Kaiju's next move and shoot out their sword, just in time for the Kaiju to walk into it after emerging from a rift, impaling its head on their blade
>The pilots disengage from the control pod and run across the sword like a bridge to take out the Overlord in the kaiju's head.
>Using their drift compatibility the rangers outnumber and outskill the Overlord in a duel, killing it and the Kaiju.

>At the very end of the movie Charlie Day explains that the organ system responsible for generating the rifts was unharmed, and they where able to create an artificial one and install it in the few surviving Jaegers and take the war on the offensive to the Kaiju dimension.
>The movie closes with Gypsy Danger 3.0, bristling with new weapons and boasting the Rift Core, stepping through a Rift to fight the Kaiju on their hometurf

>The after credits scene shows the Jaegers exiting the rift into a lush jungle, with several overgrown buildings in the distance. Godzilla's iconic roar is heard in the distance. The scene ends

nah, they'd just show a big footprint. For something that big they wouldn't splurge their load quite that hard

>blueorange meme

Actually doesn't sound bad.

I just want another rain scene like the Pacific Rim fight in the Hong Kong bay

They cuck Tom Hiddleston's character and there's a 3 hour gangbang with Brie Larson's character.

>what can we expect

Well, as shown in the aftercredits of Kong, more Mothra, more God or a and more Rodan

WE WUZ KONGZ N SHIT

How is this even a fight.

Please, remember Godzilla's literally hydrogen bomb blast.

youtube.com/watch?v=wpGK-H8tiaM

Posting the superior authentic nipponese version because fuck Whalter Wite. Boy those japs like destroying their own cities. I wonder where that obsession comes from.

Shin Godzilla received universal critical acclaim in japan and was their highest grossing movie starring real people.

That wouldn't be bad

>Godzilla 2 could build up a third film with a "Destroy All Monsters" storyline
>Godzilla Vs. King Kong would most likely end up in Godzilla defeating a wounded Kong or they team up against bunch of MUTO's
>After Kong Vs. Godzilla,I think there could be a Gamera film, a Destroy All Monsters Godzilla 3 or a Godzilla crossover with Pacific Rim.
>I hope this Monsterverse get J.J Abrams interested.Hopefully,he decides to use the Cloverfield monster again.

>"Destroy All Monsters" storyline

That sounds like there'd be more humans involved. FUCK THAT.

Or they could throw early model Jaegers

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=13s
Expect nothing, the monsterverse will be shit, I have no hopes.

kong and godzilla 2014 were both hot garbage.

Is anyone going to talk about how bad Kong was?

>use flame thrower
>nothing blows up
>throws lighter/cigarette, whole thing blows up

Only the vents, not all over.

kong flopped, RIP MonsterVerse

>Kong's fur doesn't catch fire and turn him into a walking fireball
>entire jungle doesn't get consumed by flames one of the several times a massive fire should be breaking out

Fire in this movie worked when it felt like it.

Godzilla 2014 wasn't great but was acceptable and good enough that I had hope for the future.
Kong 2017 was really enjoyable and really raised my hopes that the next Godzilla film will be much better than 2014's

Nothing will beat Shin Godzilla though

Really hope they try to avoid the "it's a tie" for the crossover, I feel like it's just so damn predicable and such an easy route to take.

Literally the first 10 minutes of Evangelion

Kong defies physics in general. Who knows what kind of biological and chemical trickery his body and fur has.
Eh, try woods easily catch fire but a moist jungle with water all over and high humidity not so much.

You know what's fucking gay???

Evangelion

Do you think we should get at least one scene of Skull Island in Godzilla 2?

Absolutely, they gotta bring Kong over

bump

Kong is gonna grow to Godzilla size by the time he fights Godzilla. Skull Island takes place in the past.

Godzilla is a pussy who gets hurt by a building. King Kong is a fast, intelligent creature who can use tools in a fight.

I expect Kong vs Godzilla to be a fun monster brawl but that is not bad thing imo.

Godzilla 2014 had plenty of good but same amount of bad. The characters were completely pointless especially after throwing Cranston's character away and Godzilla just didn't show up enough. But the scenes that did have Godzilla were great with all the camera angles making you feel like your really staring up at him. The flare scene was great.

>Godzilla fusion breathes on Kong
>Kong burns to death
There's just no hope for Kong to win realistically, plot armor will protect him just as it did in Skull Island. Napalm fucked him up bad, a single bomb on his head would've ended him.

Kong won't be as big. That would look goofy if they want to keep his agility and him jumping around. He will be much bigger than in Skull Island but still much smaller than Godzilla. They will even it out by him being faster, probably stronger, better dexterity, being able to climb and jump, being able to use his surroundings as tools and weapons, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll see him throw small buildings at Godzilla or using a redwood tree as a bat. Hopefully he won't lean backwards while holding it.

>They literally make it a point to mention that Kong is young and still growing

>lol he wont be bigger in the Godzilla crossover xD

Right.

Sorry I misread. Feel free to call me a faggot.

Godzilla's breath isn't really all that powerful if we go by 2014 Godzilla. Compared to the old ones it's like a lighter vs a flamethrower.
Also we saw Kong in Skull Island standing in Napalm for a while and being on fire and he quickly recovered.

Will Godzilla x Pacifim Rim bring him back?

>Pacific Rim 2 will have a jaeger called Jet Jaguar with a similar color scheme as an easter egg/homage
>that will be the only way in which this characters will ever be referenced.

You're retarded. Of course Kong is going to be the same size. Godzilla has atomic breath, so they'll even it out at least. And Kong's intelligence, speed and power will destroy Godzilla.

And don't forget even the original Godzilla company Toho made Godzilla lose to king kong already once in the past.

>Toho refuses to acknowledge his existence.
>Still loved and appears consistently in every Godzilla game.
Jet Jaguar is fine as the meme hero he is.

10 bucks Kong will reach Godzilla's chest if at all and that's it.

>we're gonna build a monster cinematic universe
>we made Skull Island a lot more action packed than Godzilla 2014 and made Kong look really strong
>b-but we're gonna make adult Kong smaller than Godzilla

You shouldn't have gone full retard. And even if Kong somehow doesn't grow exactly as big, apes are incredibly strong despite their size. Like how chimpanzees are many times stronger than humans. The 2014 Godzilla has a pretty weak atomic breath and he's slow and gets tired easily. Kong by that point will be much more experienced in combat.

Also Kong vs Godzilla is pretty much America vs Japan. I highly doubt Legendary Pictures (American) that makes American movies is gonna make Kong lose.

True but the previous Kong vs Godzilla movie ending made everyone asshurt, including Americans.

Bitch I said all that earlier. I said how Kong is probably gonna be stronger, I said how new Godzilla's atomic breath is weak, I said how Kong will be more agile than Godzilla, I said how Kong will use his surroundings to his advantage. Can't you read?

I never said Godzilla will destroy your beloved Kong. I said Kong won't be as big, not that he will be weaker or that he will lose.

>including Americans

wat. America loves Kong way more than Godzilla

>wat. America loves Kong way more than Godzilla

No they don't.

Yeah but people still recognized Godzilla should have won

It's an old poll but it's the most legit.

rense.com/general95/amtop10.html

>In 2001, the Media Psychology Lab at California State in Los Angeles polled people across the United States from ages six to 90 in all ethnic groups to determine which movie monsters ranked as the favorites. According to the survey, the most frightening motion picture of all time for all groups was The Exorcist (1973), in which a demon possesses a young girl.

>The favorite top ten monsters after The Exorcist were the following:

>1. Dracula, with the majority of respondents favoring the 1931 version with Bela Lugosi as the blood-sucking count.

>2. Freddy Krueger with the razor-sharp metal talons on his fingers from A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).

>3. The Frankenstein monster, the original version with Boris Karloff (1931).

>4. Godzilla, the prehistoric giant reptile that spews radioactive rays and stomps cities to rubble, from the original Japanese film, Godzilla of the Monsters (1954).

>5. King Kong, the giant ape from the original with the Willis O‘Brien stop-action figures (1933).

Describe just how its weak? It burned the Muto's chest to a crisp despite the MUTO's skin being resistant to all sorts of heavy weapons. It also burned right through the throat of the girl MUTO, fire doesn't really burn through flesh, it cooks it but even a blowtorch won't melt through a steak, just char and blacken it, yet the fusion breath is so intense its melting through.

It's also not a issue of size, Godzilla's armored chitinous skin is just far, far more durable than Kong's leather skin. Even when you scale Kong up, his tissues remain every bit as soft and vulnerable, it's just leather after all. They'll make it so he dodges or never actually gets hit by the fusion breath because if he does, its over.

Toho, the creators of Godzilla disagrees with you. They officially made their monster lose to Kong. Their word > yours

>one poll from 2001 in Los Angeles
>from people who liked the bland frankenstein monster over godzilla

Now tell me why more people went to see Skull Island than Godzilla 2014. And also why Kong's movie is more critically acclaimed and well liked by the general audience.

2014's atomic breath is wispy and weak, the first time he uses it all it does is phase the MUTO without any kind of permanent or even visible scarring or damage, it also takes him a good 30 seconds at least to charge up and he needs to literally take a deep breath to fire it.
The real Godzilla fires that shit instantaneously. it fits the width of his whole mouth and it is almost certainly pure fucking destruction against anything it hits unless it's something specifically engineered to withstand it (Super X-2 and Mechagodzilla both of whom succumbed to it in the end anyway).

Can Legendary Kong eat electricity?

Fuck you faggot

I said weak compared to the old one. When the old one hit something it tended to explode violenty. The new one is "just" a nuclear flamethrower. I didn't see it leaving any marks on the the outside of the female MUTO and obviously the insides are far more vulnerable.
Yes, Godzilla is far more durable than Kong and if Kong suffers a direct hit from Godzilla's breath for more than half a second he's probably gone. But my assumption is that he will, like in Skull Island, make use of what is around him and use it as weapons. We saw that with enough force Godzilla's skin can be penetrated. The MUTOs did it when they hit him hard. Maybe he'll use big steel beams as brass knuckles. Maybe he'll use a big antenna to stab Godzilla's. Who knows.

>They officially made their monster lose to Kong. Their word > yours

Doesn't mean people can't disagree.
It was obvious they did it not to piss off the west

>he bland frankenstein monster

Dig yourself deeper into that retard hole, and the only reason people cared about Kong was the connection to Godzilla, if it didn't have that this movie would be in the toilet.

>The real Godzilla fires that shit instantaneously.
It's now been proven that charged beams>>>>instant breath.

Monthra Will have canon autism and zilla will be a lesbian.
moviepilot.com/p/why-autistic-power-ranger-more-important-people-realize/4229885

heroichollywood.com/power-rangers-cyler-billy-autism/

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-gay-character-storyline-yellow-ranger-plot-explained-987236

2014 Godzilla's breath is weak as fuck. Failed to even destroy the buildings near it or affect the humans which were near the fight. The 1954 Godzilla didn't really have a strong breath either but that one was in a serious drama that was more scientific (they even kill godzilla with science shit) than a b movie. So it makes more sense in that one.

Not in a straight up monster movie where Godzilla fights other monsters. He should have had a destructive beam that actually has impact and isn't a lame flaccid shit.

You can even see how little effect it had on the muto the first time he used it. There's no visible damage on the muto, it just kinda annoyed him slightly. The radiation or whatever from it didn't bother the humans either. The reason why the muto got melted was because Godzilla used the breath in the inside of it. Notice how Godzilla SPECIFICALLY had to pry open its mouth. Because just like the other Muto the atomic breath is so weak and flaccid. No impact or destruction whatsoever.

Shin Godzilla is another weak pussy who also gets hurt by buildings but at least his atomic breath was destructive.

>Legendary Pictures (American)
They're Chinese now nigger

>2014's atomic breath is wispy and weak, the first time he uses it all it does is phase the MUTO without any kind of permanent or even visible scarring or damage
you're blind.

it pushed the MUTO back and there was visible smoke. The FeMUTO was incapacitated from it and very clearly in pain

Yeah yeah I went to film school too. Doesnt mean I have to be a fedora tipper like you fags. Frankenstein monster was always bland and boring. Classic movie but the monster was crap.

I think Shin Godzilla is crap too because he gets hurt by buildings and has fat thighs

>The FeMUTO was incapacitated from it and very clearly in pain

Bullshit go watch the scene

youtube.com/watch?v=VqgdWu4IvfM

She seems more pestered by it then falls over

>this whole autism fit has been from a Heisei-fag
Why am I not surprised. That beam isn't even strong in its base form, only when he gets a boost or a pulse did it actually do shit vs mechagodzilla 2

Kong vs Godzilla is just going to be another run of the mill STR vs DEX fight

>She seems more pestered by it then falls over
No, she seems hurt from it and then falls over and doesn't move for several minutes.

>Shin Godzilla is another weak pussy
>Doesn't even bother getting angry over artillery fire like other Zillas.
What other Godzilla movies had full sized skyscrapers directly thrown on top them him?

>Hating thunder thighs
gay

You're that same faggot who was ranting about how superior the 2005 Kong was to the original aren't you?

Godzilla was okay. Just okay. Human parts sucked and monster fights were all right but only because at the time they were compared to the horrendous 98 version which is the lowest bar possible.

Kong was utter shit. Monster fights were all right, but let's be honest, it's really hard to fuck up a monster fight. Everything else about Kong was terrible. Screenplay wasn't even worthy of asswiping.

>no physical damage at all from the breath
>buildings don't get destroyed
>humans nearby don't feel the radiation

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Why do you think later on Godzilla had to literally breathe into the insides? Because Godzilla knew his breath was too weak to melt it from the outside. Also it just looks fucking lame. There's nothing destructive about it.

>no physical damage at all from the breath
except for, you know, the visible smoke coming from her chest

>buildings don't get destroyed
He didn't fire it a buildings

>humans nearby don't feel the radiation
They didn't in any other film either.

>Why do you think later on Godzilla had to literally breathe into the insides?
Because he wanted to? Just like how he did in G2000

>Because Godzilla knew his breath was too weak to melt it from the outside.
Nope.

>Also it just looks fucking lame.
Disagree

>There's nothing destructive about it.
Incorrect

>That beam isn't even strong in its base form

It killed or destroyed every threat up until Mechagodzilla and as I said Super X-2 and Mechagodzilla were attempts to withstand it and the Super X-2's shield eventually melted