Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/smqYisHTLTw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirko_Cro_Cop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i love heem lads

based OP getting it right

GSPfags btfout

>manlet lifts another manlet who weighs barely more than a shopping bag then sloppily gets an armbar after they both fall and the opponent is too tired to defend properly

Most overrated move of mma ever

Mackenzie bless.

faggot casual post - ignore

prime schaub would heem ngannou

For me, it's Tony Ferguson.

Will take webm requests from all of last weeks Rizin and 219 main card

Support /ourqueen/ healing process

She looked to be taking the loss pretty well, despite what people said youtu.be/smqYisHTLTw

Nope, its mighty meme showing off an unnecessary stoppage 5 rounds into a fight with a "contender" in the shallowest division of the ufc save wmma.
Will never be the real goat, will never be the real pound for pound, will never get close to Jon Jones resume even he becomes a saint and retires saving a baby from a burning building

>an unnecessary stoppage
*inhales*

4'10 Indonesian detected

>should beat him in round 1
>plays slap and tickle boring everyone to death just so he can pull a pro wrestling stunt on a poor farmer boy in the final few minutes

She had to. Many people were crying after she lost so she had to cheer up a little for them but deep down she's in pain

It is extremely telling that literally NOBODY has provided an argument against this. Bless bro.

the state of u

calvilo bless

Bappity boopy.

>Steepay is 4 years older than me
>looks 15 years older

Man, fighters don't age well.

>Jon Jones resume

deleted lyoto
washed up rashad (decision)
vitor off the gas
chael fucking sonnen LOL
gustafson (decision, closest fight of his entire career, against a fighter he doesn't have 3 inches ht and 5+ inches reach on, could easily argue this was a draw)
glover the gatekeeper (decision)
DC (decision, later popped for PEDs)
Ovince literally who (decision)
DC (NC, popped once again for drugs)

Truly a storied career, my guy. Jones is 100% the p4p GOAT and totally not a guy who made his name fighting dudes well past their prime!

Bought my tickets to Whittaker vs Rockhold today lads. $500 a pop but it's gonna be worth it.

Hope they add Cyborg vs Anderson as co-main

I'm watching UFC 1 for the first time. It's fucking hilarious lol, they basically got a bunch of out of shape dads and Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie. It's great. It reminds me a lot of PRIDE in the way it's still small and somewhat amateurish and full of freak fights and obscure styles. I'm gonna have to go through all these early fights now.

Also, the Dutch Savate guy is my boy.

Where is this from?

People have over-rated the LHW championship for years, due to it's history as being one of the strongest and toughest divisions.

Hasn't been that way in many years. Jones and Cormier are the only elite LHWs in the world right now

Are you gonna be close enough to get some pics for us?

A JacksonWink staffer had his UFC credentials stripped for misgendering Cyborg.

Who's the muscular one who always looks mean?

Pls share rare Jades, /heem/.

A late FART PIANO APPROVAL
has been awarded to this thread.

mmmm those bouncy jugs

>nitpicking this hard

top kek. Give me 1 fighter with a more impressive resume.
Jon fought the who's who of light heavyweights. Most of whom were either former champs or legit top contenders.
He's at such a high level, the only reason Cormier isnt considered the goat is because of his 2 losses to Jones.

Jones could never fight again and people will look back at him 50 years from now as one of the greatest legends of mma. The records will stand, the unlikeable cuntiness will be forgotten.

The first few are all pretty top kek, but there's something really special about a bunch of goofs that have no idea what they're supposed to be doing

You mean the Baby King.

I agree with Australia lad about Mighty Meme. With due respect, being the best manlet fighter is a /whocares/ tier accomplishment.

TJ will heem him btw.

>Jones could never fight again and people will look back at him 50 years from now as one of the greatest legends of mma
Nope. Not with 2 PED test fails. Also GSP is more accomplished. Also fuck you casual pleb scum.

>Give me 1 fighter with a more impressive resume.
pic related

>who's who of light heavyweights
The biggest bum division going, very impressive. Call me when he beats someone without a massive physical disadvantage to him, like tubby Dadbod Cormier, who, by the way, was years past his physical prime in both fights, being 36 and 38. Gus is the only guy he fought who could match his size and reach, and lo and behold, he looked like garbage against him and barely won. OSP was the same size but also a skill-less piece of shit who had no wrestling and no cardio.

The media wanted Jon to be the GOAT. To bad Jon couldn't keep his end of the deal. Now he's pissed his legacy away forever and fanboys like you are lashing out at Mighty Mouse, who statistically is superior by every metric, to compensate. It's revoltingly obvious. Don't respond to me.

>nitpicking
i literally listed his last 9 fights in the order they happened

>Give me 1 fighter with a more impressive resume.
conor, khabib, gsp if we go by who he beat and not how he beat them

>Most of whom were either former champs
fedor was a former multipromotional champ and he lost to matt mitrione. mitrione must be the GOAT!

>the only reason Cormier isnt considered the goat is because of his 2 losses to Jones.
"losses" with an asterisk

Did you get hit with the feels when they presented Helio with the commemorative plaque for being the first real ultimate fighter?

>Dutch Savate guy is my boy.

yeah that guy was based

lmao didn't they say he was 100-0 or something? I should make some webms

>lost to matt fucking serra
>lays and prays agaisnt journeymen
>cashes in on Bisping then pussies out from fighting the real champ

>not allowed to be physically gifted
>not allowed to have superior fighting technique

oh i didnt know this was ultimate clone fighter. And who gives a shit about peds. USADA has only made fighting worse and Jon was beating meatheads like Vitor before it arrived.

There was technically one before this, an alternate match, but it wasn't broadcast.

That's the shit that got me into UFC. Real fighting. No bulslhit rules like they have nowadays.

I'd like to see wrasslefucker spam takedowns when kicks to the grounded opponents and stomps are allowed.

lol 2bh I kinda zoned out while Rorion painfully read off of the paper in his hand. It was hard to take it seriously while people in the crowd were booing and audibly shouting "Shut the fuck up!" causing Rorion to pause and stammer.

>conor, khabib

I love Khabib and all, but you cannot be fucking serious using him as an example.
Dont even get me started on Conor "taps to mediocre Diaz then steals the rematch" McGregor.

You should watch Rizin if you haven't already.

Settle in with some snacks and drinks and prepare for a wild ride.

seconding this, Rizin NYE was the biggest MMA spectacle of 2017. they don't have nearly as much talent as the UFC, but the production and pace and ability to give each fighter spotlight and character was incredible. every fight was a finish, too, I believe.

Nah. Ain't one of us, fucko.

If you're enjoying it you should keep going through the first dozen or so, it's a wild ride

>Gary Busey looks like the sane collected guy in the building

it was a different time

Oh I'm definitely gonna go through the early days. I feel like watching all the PRIDE and UFC cards in chronological order up to at least UFC 100.

who is the bitch in superman shirt?

I'll watch it once a decent torrent pops up on a public site.

1/2 of Jones's resume is filled with old pride fighters, deal with it

Pride is just as wild. But be prepared to see some truly awful fights in both orgs on the way

I wonder how people who saw Sakuraba/Royce live felt. Did that 90+ minutes feel like it stretched on forever? Or did everyone love it due to the clash of styles and it being a much more niche sport watched only by really passionate people back then? Plus there was probably a lot of hype behind one of Japan's biggest stars taking on the most famous bloodline in MMA.

>Mauricio in his prime
>barely anyone past their mid 30s when he fought them
>current champ is 38 and noone rules him out of fights due to age

oh shucks i suppose the pride vets should have all retired before coming over

It was a huuuuuge deal in Japan, really the fight that made Pride. Royce hadn't lost yet and the Gracie mystique was still kind there, and Sakuraba was repping the Japanese wrestling guys in something of a Rickson-Takada part 3. Can't imagine anyone was bored with the stakes so high

Imagine Jose Aldo in Rizin.

you've clearly watched a lot more of the sport with me. my first live card was the one with Sage/Barbarena (how crazy is it that Sage Northcutt of all people got me into the sport?), so I've been watching for only about 2 years now. I haven't missed a single card since then, though, and I've constantly been expanding to other combat organizations (ACB, Bellator, Glory, marquee boxing matchups, KSW, etc.). I really am glad I found this sport. martial arts is something anyone can fall in love with.

anyway, my question to you is, as a longtime, educated fan, can you describe how you felt watching Rizin's NYE show? were you elated? satisfied? disappointed? did it hit you with a powerful nostalgia rush or anything like that? are you hopeful for their future? does it seem like Japan still has that same magic that made them the birthplace of modern MMA?

Aldo vs. Yachi when

imagine Aldo getting pieced up by Tenshin in an openweight Rizin kickboxing bout

Imagine Mcgregor vs Floyd in a boxing match.

nah senpai, Tenshin wins inside 2. Jose wouldn't be able to deal with that pace

listen doe, mcgregor has angles, the guy is fast, you might surprised hunren percent

Would be a weird one considering Aldo is like 40 lbs heavier than our lad Tenshin

it's the freak fight he needs to make Rizin explode my guy. plus Aldo will be like 80 in fight years by then since he's still got 3 or so fights left on his UFC contract and they're clearly going to keep feeding him to killers since he's a damaged product now with excellent scalp value. Tenshin will definitely be able to take him by then

This

I didn't come around until Pride was toast, but it definitely had some of that Japan magic. It' going to take a while but I'm really optimistic about their future, they've already come a long way since their first couple events.

Whose training today then?

look at dern titties

>1.60
>walks at 140

no

lmao, there was an Aussie that said his first event was the Silva-Maia shitfest, you just never know man

>WE ALL KNEW
>WE ALL KNEW
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks bro

Ngannou could literally breathe on Schaub and get a knockout.

Agreed, Francis is a blue belt.

Are you telling me ngannou could beat prime crocop like prime schaub beat him in the way he did? Lose my number bro

That's not really unbelievable, tumblerina.

submission of the year was either rose namajunas headkicking and choking michelle or making joanna tap pick one or the other nothing else is even close, weird that people would even watch that flyweight fight for free

>prime Cro Cop
>in a cage, not a ring

100%

But this is beside the point; you're basically arguing that because Holm beat Rousey's teeth in the idea that Tate could choke her out is absurd.

>in his prime
>year off from 2nd ACL tear

i like da bewbs

>And who gives a shit about peds
If GSP pissed hot you'd be 100% in on smashing him as a drugs cheat. But since you're a Jones nuthugger, nobody cares about PEDs. Okay.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirko_Cro_Cop
>Win 22–4–2 Eddie Sanchez TKO (punches) UFC 67 February 3, 2007 1 4:33 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
>Win 21–4–2 Josh Barnett Submission (punches) Pride Conflict Absolute September 10, 2006 1 7:32 Saitama, Japan 2006 Pride World Open-Weight Grand Prix Champion.
>Win 20–4–2 Wanderlei Silva KO (head kick) Pride Conflict Absolute September 10, 2006
look at the dates, funny how you claim that crocops prime ended within a couple of months

schaub beat a prime crocop and you cant deny this fact

Cro Cop was in his prime in the ring, you fuckmuppet.

Brendan is a bad match up for Francis for real.

>still trying to nitpick the goat
>muh old injuries, muh peds

At least say Fedor is the goat and ill agree on nostalgia factor.
GSP is a bore, not even worth trying to put down with ped allegations despite that obvious steroid gut in the bisping fight.

>Also, the Dutch Savate guy is my boy.
That's the turbo-faggot that blinded Nakai, fuck him