Was this the most perfect casting decision in the history of kinéma?

Was this the most perfect casting decision in the history of kinéma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FJf8puSIXTg
youtube.com/watch?v=_VTMtrqqiH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was okay.

No. It was a horrific mistake.

Press F to pay respects.

You are a horrific mistake

The whole Lothlorien part was a huge mess.

10/10

no u

>`And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves? ' said Galadriel turning to Gimli.
>`None, Lady,' answered Gimli. `It is enough for me to have seen the Lady of the Galadhrim, and to have heard her gentle words.'
>`Hear all ye Elves! ' she cried to those about her. `Let none say again that Dwarves are grasping and ungracious! Yet surely, Gimli son of Glóin, you desire something that I could give? Name it, I bid you! You shall not be the only guest without a gift.'
>`There is nothing, Lady Galadriel,' said Gimli, bowing low and stammering.
>`Nothing, unless it might be – unless it is permitted to ask, nay, to name a single strand of your hair, which surpasses the gold of the earth as the stars surpass the gems of the mine. I do not ask for such a gift. But you commanded me to name my desire.'
>The Elves stirred and murmured with astonishment, and Celeborn gazed at the Dwarf in wonder, but the Lady smiled. 'It is said that the skill of the Dwarves is in their hands rather than in their tongues ' she said; `yet that is not true of Gimli. For none have ever made to me a request so bold and yet so courteous. And how shall I refuse, since I commanded him to speak? But tell me, what would you do with such a gift? '
>`Treasure it, Lady,' he answered, `in memory of your words to me at our first meeting. And if ever I return to the smithies of my home, it shall be set in imperishable crystal to be an heirloom of my house, and a pledge of good will between the Mountain and the Wood until the end of days.'
>Then the Lady unbraided one of her long tresses, and cut off three golden hairs, and laid them in Gimli's hand. `These words shall go with the gift,' she said. `I do not foretell, for all foretelling is now vain: on the one hand lies darkness, and on the other only hope. But if hope should not fail, then I say to you, Gimli son of Glóin, that your hands shall flow with gold, and yet over you gold shall have no dominion.

IS GIMLI OUR FUCKING GUY OR WHAT

plebs don't know about the real goat casting

M O M M Y

Tilda Swinton would've been better, but she's okay.

Nobody can ever replace him

Nobody else could have done the performance of Galadrien's riverdancing as well as Cate could have.

she was probably one the ugliest elves, if you go by liv tyler standards

for real

>Liv Tyler
>pretty

DAE think this?

Her character is supposed to be a great beauty. Cate Blanchett doesn't really fill that role.

Summoning a character from the comic dimension just to have him play that character in a movie doesn't count

Says you, m'lad

kys

I really hate the stupid fucking bloom shitty directors use, it just makes it look cheap.

>'No, Lady,' he murmured, fidgeting as his eyes rove downward her form. 'I meant from down there...'

i mean if you look at her face for 10 seconds, and have a brain, you will objectively come to the conclusion that she is indeed ugly.

I've included a pic that might help all the Negroids in the thread

no
u

looks fine to me my dude

I felt this guys death far more than I did David Bowies, who died around the same time. Which is odd because I love David Bowie's music and I don't even really like the harry potter movies. Alan Rickman is kino casting.

Renée Jeanne Falconetti

10/10

Literally perfect. The man IS Aragorn, at least as far as the movie version goes.

This. The most perfect casting in the history of cinema.

He seemed bro-tier as fuck from the behind the scenes stuff.

Alan Rickman was hands down one of the most perfect castings for a role.

>Tilda Swinton
Galadriel is female, you dummy.

Spotted the gaylord. You probably post in sexy Sauron threads, kys.

Stunt dudes loved him

That's all Jackson. The director is the one who makes those decisions, not the actor.

Never replaced Tobey, either.

I just took a fat shit :)

Tilda Swinton would have been better.

Literally everyone in that movie.

>Galadriel? I'm fellowship of the ring.

This was.

1-3 CONTINUE PLAYING WTW
4-6 turn off caps lock and play cataclysm dda
7-9 play ace combat 2
0 watch strims

>a stinkin' dwarf could get three hairs but Feanor couldn't get a single one

>Fëanor
a shit

>Gimli
Big guy

>Read the books
>Books go into more detail about what a cunt James Potter was.
Snape lived a hard life. Thanks Rickman

They better love him. He's the real deal, he hit a knife being thrown at him because the guy in the Urukai makeup couldn't see shit and threw it right at his face

He legit almost died
youtu.be/FJf8puSIXTg

The only character that is better in the show. Oberyn was also great though.

Almost everyone was perfect in LOTR.

But for me, the ones that truly transcended their roles were Ian McKellen as Gandalf, Sean Bean as Boromir, John Noble as Denethor and Brad Dourif as Grima.
I also need to mention Bernard Hill. Theoden has a special place in my heart.

ooh that's aggravatin

I have to agree that Galadrien was perfectly cast as her riverdancing just blew my mind

Denethor was a bit too cartoony for my taste, I couldn't really see the once noble leader who had fallen into a bad state. That didn't come through imo.

the actor did a fantastic job portraying bitterness, desperation, paranoia and insanity in every gesture and expression, but you are right about the lack of past nobility.

Spider Man was full of good casting. Harry and Norman really does look like son and father with their similar bone structures.

i guess

I love Kyle McLaughlin in Blue Velvet
and this crazy bitch too.

For sure. Gotta give credit where credit is due. It does give some variety to the characters too since if he wasn't played like that then all kingly figures would be the noble type.

GOAT castings/The role can only have been done this well by this actor:
> Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone
> Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito
> Andy Serkis as Gollum
> James Earl Jones as Darth Vader
> Eli Wallach as Tuco
> Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
> Harrison Ford as Han Solo (Only in ANH and ESB)
> Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine

Others-could-have-done-it-however-these-were perfect-core:
> Al Pacino as Michael Corleone
> Charlize Theron as Aileen Wuornos
> Heath Ledger as the Joker
> Black kid as Lil Z in City of God
> Sir Ian McKellen as Gandalf
> Hugh Jackman as Logan
> Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter
> Orson Welles as Charles Foster Kane
> Literally every single role in 12 Angry Men

lol i actually agree on every single one here.

I agree that nobody else could have made Gollum, Tuco or Tommy work.

Both were perfect for their roles

Great taste, I agree with every last one. My GOAT if we're counting TV:

James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano.

Forgot Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

> Black kid as Lil Z in City of God
> Eli Wallach as Tuco
> Literally every single role in 12 Angry Men

Holy shit that's so true tho, ty user, didnt expect these

Nice, would add Bruce Willis - Die Hard and JK Simmons - J. Jonah Jameson.

Brad Dourif is the best part of anything he's in. Just runs circular acting clinics around everyone else

jack bauer as jack bauer

one of my favourite lines is when jackson took the descriptions of what eowyn felt as she suffered caring for theoden in ROTK.. and have grima say it directly to her face, was spooky.
youtube.com/watch?v=_VTMtrqqiH4

Literally /ourguy/

>get quippy, unfunny asshole to play quippy, unfunny asshole

Wow big surprise that worked

It was one of the worst?
She is described as beautiful in the books.

Rickman was great. Portrayed the character well.

But FUCK SNAPE. SNAPE WAS A CUNT. SNAPE WAS A PIECE OF SHIT. BEING INFATUATED WITH SOME CHICK IS NOT A REDEEMING QUALITY. FUCK THIS GREASE STAIN TWAT.