Suck him big Don.

he never learned how to grow up

He was too perfect.

Happiness

>forges Don Draper's signature daily
>fires Based Lane for doing it once and leads him into suicide

What a fucking dick!

Bad childhood combined with latent sociopathy

He was written to appeal to horny women. Mad Men is actually a show for women. Only complete retards look at him like some kind of role model or a person that should be emulated.

>tfw got married to two perfect women - a literal Barbie and a supportive French mouse that loves my kids
>tfw I have three perfect kids who all love me
>tfw I'm the best Creative Director ever and every agency in the world is trying to sign me, whatever it takes
>tfw have my name on the door of one of the biggest agencies in the world and can come and go as I please
>tfw Coca-Cola
>tfw make over 300k a year currency adjusted
>tfw a millionaire, currency adjusted or not
>tfw made 5 million from selling the agency to McCan (31 million in today's dollars)
>tfw living in a fancy penthouse on Upper East Side
>tfw driving a brand new Cadillac
>tfw every woman in the world wants to suck my dick from the first moment they see me, even the teenage friends of my daughter
>tfw everyone loves me and wants to spend time with me
>tfw other men respect and fear me
>tfw I had 100 guests at my birthday party that was a surprise from my perfect submissive y

waaaahhhhhh please feel sympathy for me I'm living a lie waaaaaahhhhh

It's not the same. Lane put the firm in jeopardy and decimated Don's trust in his abilities or judgement. Don was kind to keep it to himself.

I bet there are a lot of pathetic cunts who self-insert into him and wish to be like him, like they were with Gordon Gekko.

>muh bad childhood

When will this shit end

Literally 99% of serial killers had bad childhoods. Child development shapes the individual with near irreversible qualities for life.

good for you, you understand the point of the show

If anyone found out about dons past, the company would have been just as fucked.

Literally 99% of people had a bad childhood, it's no excuse.

He has the life that most men can only dream of.

>handsome
>full head of hair
>charismatic and intelligent
>extremely wealthy

He can literally do whatever he wants and go wherever he wants. He doesn't have to take shit from anybody. He has freedom that is unattainable for the average Joe. Any man would love to be in his shoes.

>full head of hair
gets me every time

Not to mention he has a very comfy job and even if he gets tired of it, he could quit any time he wants and never work another day in his life. He has the money to do whatever he wants.

He's a capitalist piece of shit suffering the mental consequences of his greedy materialistic lifestyle.

Literally every character in the show was a bad person.

Not really true. Maybe you had a bad one. Lots of people have no problems in their childhood and there's varrying levels of trauma.

How much longer do you think Don lived after the show ended? Do you think he made it to today

Hopefully he died of cancer after a few years

Yes he is still alive

Matthew Weiner said the following:

“I think that anybody who becomes more comfortable with who they are finds happiness,” Weiner said. As for Don’s future, Weiner offered this informed prediction: “He’ll probably find a fourth or fifth wife and then die in like 1981 from hard living.”

>that feel when the only bad stuff that happened in my childhood was entirely my fault

>tfw tall and handsome with a huge dick
>tfw full head of thick hair
>tfw got married to two perfect women - a literal Barbie and a supportive French mouse that loves my kids
>tfw I have three perfect kids who all love me
>tfw I'm the best Creative Director ever and every agency in the world is trying to sign me, whatever it takes
>tfw have my name on the door of one of the biggest agencies in the world and can come and go as I please
>tfw Coca-Cola
>tfw make over 300k a year currency adjusted
>tfw a millionaire, currency adjusted or not
>tfw made 5 million from selling the agency to McCann (31 million in today's dollars)
>tfw living in a fancy penthouse on Upper East Side
>tfw driving a brand new Cadillac
>tfw every woman in the world wants to suck my dick from the first moment they see me, even the teenage friends of my daughter
>tfw everyone loves me and wants to spend time with me
>tfw other men respect and fear me
>tfw I had 100 guests at my birthday party that was a surprise from my perfect submissive young mouse wife
>tfw traveled around the world and stayed in 5 star hotels on other people's dime

I never did anything. I hate my fucking life. I want to just walk into the fucking ocean and die.

Signed,

D̶o̶n̶a̶l̶d̶ ̶F̶.̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶p̶e̶r̶

Dick Whitman

Roger probably outlived him kek

same, and I'm more crippled by my own mistakes than people who have been abused. If I was actually abused I would probably be a happy, successful human being by now instead of wasting away on the internet.

Don never had a single moment of familial love in his childhood and never learned what it's like to be happy, so he grew up under the impression (imparted to him by advertising) that being rich, successful, and keeping up appearances were the key to happiness. The plot of the show is that even though he's achieved all of these things, he's still not happy.

>fucking ocean

That doesn't sound like Don. He didn't really swear a lot unless he really meant it. He reprimanded Ginsberg for saying fuck

And we're supposed to sympathize. It's his own fault. What a faggot

>it's his own fault that his parents were garbage and made him grow up with literal whores

Why didn't they continue the series until Don dies

>you will never see an old, burned out Don with liver damage

Yes. You can't blame everything on your parents. Especially with that full head of hair. He doesn't try to find purpose or change his environment even with all he has. It's his own fault really.

And yet...

>If anyone found out about dons past
But like 6 people did. Peggy, Campbell, Berry, Bert, Megan, and more I'm pretty sure. Nothing happened

>we're actually supposed to believe that this chinless faggot turns into Chad Hamm

Would be cool, Halt and Catch Fire was supposed to be it's spiritual successor but it never grabbed me.

He got chin implants. It's explicitly implied, how'd you miss it?

Also Faye who was in a position to hurt him if she so chose. And the teacher from 3 right?

>Peggy

Wtf when did Peggy find out? Did I miss something

Water leakage, clearly.

Just watched The Suitcase w/ Lizzie's commentary, super comfy and a little emotional.

how and when??

too many people thinking about him

How could he get chin implants in the fucking 50's

That's not water, he was addressing the secretaries on the other side of the room.

Yeah more people mentioned him. Can't find a recent picture of him but he is 19 now.

uproxx.com/webculture/young-don-draper-mad-men-kid/

In one episode, Peggy ask him "Did you just get chin implants?" and Don screams at her "That's what the money is for!"

The same way Peggy could get an abortion in the late trimester?

The same way Harry could get a Alphadectomy.

D'AAAW MAN WITH EVERYTHING WANTS A HUG

>being this dumb

>tfw based Gene was never in enough episodes.

He was the best character

>Gene

Grandpa or Baby?

HE HAS NO PEOPLE

It's honestly getting annoying seeing all of these "money can't buy happiness" bullshit shows. It can't buy happiness but if you aren't a retard with your money it can alleviate probably 90% of the stress you'll face. Plus his character was a creative director for an advertising agency, meaning there's no fame that goes with it, and no paparazzi or fans bothering him. I'd take that deal any day. I honestly think the "money can't buy happiness" thing is a meme to stop as many people from trying to become actors or writers or musicians because they believe it'll leave them jaded and hollow inside.

>I honestly think the "money can't buy happiness" thing is a meme to stop as many people from trying to become actors or writers or musicians

You must be really naive to think musicians, writers or actors make a lot of money.

Who would win in a fight between Don and Stan

He made a call

Stan. He has the high ground

>Lane would get rid of anybody else

Grandpa, jackass

>Dick Whitman
This fellow sounds a bit touched in the head.
A real Mad Man.

The final episode, Person to Person. He says he stole a man's identity when confessing to her on the phone.

constantly living in waist high water

Oh yeah. For some reason the last season doesn't stand out in my memory like the other seasons.

Self loathing and an overwhelming desire for validation from a mother figure.

What did Ken ever do wrong?

He kept winking at everyone under that patch.

sociopath with no real talent other than being a believable scumbag owing entirely to the halo effect his looks give him.

despite being portrayed as an "icon of masculinity" he's really just the male version of the worthless dumb blond whore that gets by on her looks until even the mildest of challenges causes slight introspection that makes her realize she's a hollow shell of a human being with no complexities beyond the facade she's constructed (aka the entire last two seasons of madmen)

>no loyalty of any kind; no true higher values
>coward
>no hobbies, unique insight on any topic, or genuine expertise
>alcoholic
>socially manipulative
>contributes nothing to society; completely leeches off of/promotes vapid consumerism

he has almost no character arc at all. from start to finish he's someone that should've died in Vietnam as the world would be a better place for it.

His entire job is to create desire or dissatisfaction within the consumer's life, and fittingly he is thwarted by boundless desire. Even when he gets what he wants, it's fleeting or he begins to see flaws.

People complain that finding sympathy for Don is hard because he is so unhappy in his success, but this is the very nature of success and the prototypical successful person under capitalism, which has been observed since colonial times: the best participants are those who are permanently unhappy so that they continue being productive.

Physically incapable of being happy.

It was Korea.

t. Henry Francis

What real talent do any of these clowns have?

>Don makes stuff up and people buy it because he's handsome and talks in a dramatic voice
>Roger gets drunk and chats with clients
>Pete makes phone calls or whatever
>Bert sits in his office and would probably browse Sup Forums if he were alive today
>Peggy bitches and moans
>Joan's job at the company was literally to be a whore
>Ken tap dances

The only ones with any talent were Sal and Stan. At least they were good at drawing.

this, basically if you watch the show Don has a fucked up backstory that he never got over so there's no money women or prestige that can fill that hole. I think it was daddy issues or some shit.

also most people who make it to the top of the social ladder are broken mentally one way or another.

Why did they write out Ginsberg so abruptly and badly and scrap the relationship with his father.

>wah wah wah the computers are turning the frogs gay.
>Here Peggy take my nipple

>Stan and Peggy falling in love in the last season

What a fucking joke

>t. hairlet

brilliant/artistic/autistic/savant sometimes progresses to insane

Not that user, but the worst thing Ken did was take that job at Dow to make Pete's life harder.

He really isn't the bad of a guy.

I think they had bigger plans for him, but had way too many balls in the air already so they had to fast forward on his plot before the season was over.

Stan wasn't a bad person. He was just a moron for falling in love with Peggy.

>tfw killed two people and got away with it

Who did Don kill besides the real Don Draper

He took a job on another show or something but for what it's worth he was always heading towards the schizo breakdown

>It's a "Campbell turns the supply all the way up and it forces the valve" episode

>tfw everything bad that happened in my life was my fault

He rejected his brother and then his brother hanged himself.

He was a Mad Man.

If that counts then so does Lane. Hell, it explicitly shows that he considers the two things to be related.

>implying most people aren't pieces of shit at times

fuck you you're not better

He killed Betty in a way, too.

>revisit the series for 2 seasons in the 80's to see Don and Roger start coke addictions and die
Would watch

No he didn't.

Was anyone kind of hoping Betty fucked what's his face when he came over all grown up and she basically got wet just looking at him?

I'm halfway through season 4 and wondering the same thing. Everyone in this show is a piece of shit except the characters they've dropped (Sal and Paul)

Paul is a self-righteous piece of shit too, although it helps once you see his appearance in season 5 and then watch the whole show over. Ken is the only pure character in the whole show, although I liked Sal too.