Realistically...

Realistically, do you think the NCAA would step in and do something about pic related if they stuck to this national champs claim and started selling merch and shit? No arguments about whether or not they deserve it, this board has plenty of those already, stay on topic

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff
youtube.com/watch?v=2f4bsn85coM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They won't do shit for one simple reason. UCF is ranked #1 in the Peter Wolfe rankings (a major selection as defined by NCAA record book. If it remains that way after the UGA v. Bama game they are champs.

This right here is exactly why I never gave a shit about a college playoff. For years ESPN and all the other talking heads swore to God that it would cure all the ills of the ranking system, refusing to admit that it was just another cash-grab. If it's a 4-team playoff, the 5th-ranked team throws a fit. If it's an 8-team playoff then #9 bitches. And then you'll always have teams like UCF or Tulane back in the day that go undefeated but will never make it in because of their conference. Now we even have the teams that make it in bitching that they don't get enough prep time between rounds.

I don't know that UCF is breaking any NCAA membership rules by creating national championship merchandise.

If UCF had barely squeezed by Auburn I would probably hate all this national championship talk... But UCF skullfucked Auburn who stomped both Georgia and Bama. National champs in my book.

>system is shit
>if we start making improvements it will still be pretty bad and people will complain so let's just leave it shitty
People like you are literally everything that's wrong with the world

Ok, fuckwit, riddle me this: How is this system ANY better? What was the beef 25 years ago? Two teams that both sweat they were the best didn't play each other and both claim that they would have won. What's happening now? Every year multiple teams throw a fit that they didn't get in, and more often than not they all have solid cases. It didn't improve anything at all. This is no different than the 97 Huskers that UCF's HC quarterbacked when they didn't play Michigan. Same result, different system. Try not to gag on ESPN's circumcised cock while you sit through the "true" national championship game.

nah all this shit is why handegg is gay. in 1 game anything could happen. 7 game series shows the better team with no doubts

>playing a Sport where you get multiple do-overs in the playoffs/championship.

Not even once.

>UCF skullfucked Auburn
did you even watch the game?

He’s right though. UCF left another 20 points off the board due to their own fuck ups

>1st Downs
UCF - 20
Auburn - 28
>Total Yards
UCF - 411
Auburn - 421
>Time of Possession
UCF - 25:45
Auburn - 34:15

Auburn literally outplayed UCF. If anything it was Auburn's fuck ups that cost them the game, namely the pick that was returned for a TD late in the 4th quarter.

>calls me ESPN shill
>wants to go back to journalists just speculating the whole shit
You're not very good at this friend, I think you should stick to lurking

Honestly just speculating is better than a system where a team that finishes 3rd in their conference gets in over an undefeated conference champion.

>Crows about benefits of a system that improves nothing except ESPN's number of televised "bowl" games
>Thinks he's a super independent free thinker
I bet if you hurry you can hear Stephen A's latest hot take so you have something to parrot on the internet

I'd be embarrassed if I were a UCF fan. Just accept that you had a great season and will be given the shot next year, with a big boy schedule, to compete for the playoff. This is like a team going undefeated in the 2nd tier of a soccer league then claiming they won the 1st tier.

Beyond all of this, if you think UCF would beat any of the playoff 4 in a bowl game you're delusional. I understand people want reasons to throw a shitfit about because it's another "SECwinslol" episode, but the "UCF are the real champions" is a pathetic and desperate opinion.

so why weren't you faggots whining when western michigan were left out of the playoffs last year? oh right, because everyone knows the MAC is a scrub conference, just like the AAC. stop playing dumb.

>Beyond all of this, if you think UCF would beat any of the playoff 4 in a bowl game you're delusional
I'm not a proponent of using the transitive property in armchair sports arguments, but UCF did beat the team that won its conference over a final 2 team and beat both of the final 2 teams so it's a stretch to completely write them off like this. They'd be longshots, but they proved that they aren't completely out of their league against high quality SEC opponents.

>Auburn was projected to play in the playoff until the final week
>UCF beat Auburn

You’re either an SEC homer or an ESPN shill, either way you’re embarrassing.

The AAC is just the renamed Big East which was considered a major conference until (((they))) decided they weren’t in 2014.

exactly
Their best wins on the season pre auburn were USF and Memphis
USF squeaked by a shit texas tech team and Memphis lost to an 8-5 Iowa State team

Except your fucking wrong. The playoff committee basically stated that poll inertia only works for P5 teams and that the G5 teams will only be taken into account for the current season and not past seasons. Basically UCF can go undefeated next year and still not get in.

they played dick for teams. If they wanna be in the playoff join a power 5 conference. If they don't wanna do that shut the fuck up and get the fuck over it.

Oh I see. You didn’t watch the game, just dug up stats off of ESPN. The entire first half was UCFs worst offense performance all year

they both involve speculation you fucking retard. okay let's pretend it's the old system: either oklahoma or clemson get the title and UCF still doesn't. the 4 team playoff allows slightly less speculation. the more teams in the playoff, the "what-ifs" remain on the table. by your logic, the NFL should abolish their playoff system and just have the teams with the best record in each conference play the superbowl, because that's as valid of an outcome.

you have some bizarre obsession with the "ESPN jews" which doesn't make any sense in this scenario. what if the games were on ABC and Fox then? would it be okay?

UCF is based, you can argue they stink just because arguing on the internet is fun but deep down we all know this is a Trumpian move that is brave and justified rebellion against a First Order like international corporation.

#UCFIsMyChampion

The NCAA doesn't even sponsor a national championship trophy for football. All title claims are fake. Why should they give a shit?

all the people dickriding this UCF meme train:

what's your solution? how should we determine the national champion? if some MAC school goes undefeated and wins their bowl game against a good team we should always have split titles? It's easily to point out flaws in this system but you are offering no alternatives. You are advocating for split titles which is fucking retarded and brainless in my opinion. If your answer is an 8 team playoff I agree with you, but just crying about how UCF didn't make the playoff this year is unproductive.

Do you have a point?

UCFcuck here. I like the tongue in cheek shot at the CFP committee from our AD, but I think we are taking it too far. I guess there is no such thing as bad publicity though.

As for a solution?

>8 team playoff
>5 P5 conf champs
>highest ranked G5 school
>2 at large

It's really that simple. Most people enjoy underdogs/cinderella stories. I think it would make all these scumbags a lot more money and it still keeps most of the G5 in the dog house like they want.

The UCF title has just as much validity as any title awarded by the BCS, CFP, AP, etc...

all hail UCF 2018 co-champs

P5 shouldn't be fixed. If the AAC has a better year than the Big 12, then the AAC should be considered the P5 school. It's fucking bonkers.

>UCF is ranked #1 in the Peter Wolfe rankings

Quite utterly and literally whom?

>auburn skullfucked Bama

S E E T H I N G
A
L
T
Y

Why would I be? My team is already National Champions

>UCF skullfucked auburn

Good luck convincing literally anyone of that. AAC has a few years to go before it'll really be "power 6".

already is power 6

Wtf you taking about? UCF beat Auburn by one score. ONE. They didn’t skull fuck anyone. They barely beat a mediocre 10-3 Auburn and playing a full season of teams like East Carolina and Memphis.

GTFO with that meme shit.

Are you memeing right now? The AAC/Big East was considered a power 6 until 2014.

>The AAC/Big East was considered a power 6 until 2014.
Only ostensibly. Conference was shit after Miami and VT left. NCAA had to change the definition of automatic qualifying a few times to keep the Big East in it.

Beat two number 1 teams that BOTH are playing the national championship

>mediocre

Lmao

>G5 has one year with cinderella season team
>Top G5 should get instant playoff berth

9/10 years the G5 playoff berth would be a scrimmage game for whichever P5 got them

This is speculating for four teams instead of two, it's just better. Add more teams and it would be even better.

Candidates for the best team are almost never outside the top 4, and it's not worth expanding for that rare occasion.

>2014 Baylor
>2008 Utah

The problem with the "If there's an N-team playoff, then N+1 bitches" argument is that as N grows, the legitimacy of there bitching lessens. Nobody cares about team number 69 in the NCAA basketball world, nobody actually cared about 65-68, the play-in games are just novelty to fill up the empty air of the week leading up to the tournament prior.

>mediocre auburn team
>beat both of the teams that are playing for the championship
I get the sisterfuckers are retarded, but why do you guys have to make it so blatant?

That you don’t know what you’re talking about and didn’t actually see the game. UCF did everything they could to meme on themselves and still beat the shit out of auburn, including missed field goals, dropped passes, and missing open receivers. The one armed man alone beat the entire Auburn OL.

Claiming titles is part of college football tradition, only SEC homers and autists are getting upset

Its time for the green arrows of history

>Utah
>Boise
>Utah again
>UCF
>Boise State again, tho against Mountain West TCU
>TCU
>UCF
>Houston
>UCF again

I added an extra UCF I'm sorry. Its just hard to believe this years National Champion didn't win more big bowls before.

This, it's actually interesting this is the first such claim since... wew 1973 I believe with Alabama claiming that bullshit.

Auburn lost to Clemson who got skullfucked by Bama in the playoff.

You don't deserve to be in the playoff, nigger.

But bama literally lost the head-to-head against Auburn...you can’t seriously be this retarded....

You don't have to know what it is only that the NCAA actually recognizes it as a major ranking.

The NCAA doesn't actually decide who the College Football Champion is. The Playoff Committee decides who they think the four finalists should be, then declares the winner THEIR champion, but the NCAA officially has nothing to do with it.

>The College Football Playoff is not an officially sanctioned championship event by the NCAA, the sport's governing body. Consequently, Division I FBS football is the only NCAA sport in which a yearly national champion is not determined by an NCAA event, nor is an official NCAA national championship awarded

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff

So, there's no official NCAA College Football Champion. There's a College Football Selection Committee Champion which the NCAA recognizes, but if UCF wants to say fuck that and ignore it, there's really nothing the NCAA as a governing body can do about it.

OP do you know how many national championships Notre Dame claimed before they were willing to participate in their first bowl game

>college football

>UCF skullfucking anyone
they nearly lost to Memphis and just about blew their lead against USF. They also didn’t play georgia tech due to the game being cancelled which if were being honest, could have gone either way. UCF should have probably been placed in the playoff over Clemson, but would have been blown out by Alabama.

Don't forget about NIU, Western Michigan, and Wisconsin all shitting the bed when they got to the big game tbqh

Basically this, all FBS National Champions are unofficial and therefore subjective. Anybody can claim one and their claim is technically as legitimate as any other.

I agree with this, but UCF would have made a game against Clemson, OU, and UGA

Another NCAA selector recognizes Nebraska as the 1993 national champion. Schools generally stay away from such silly claims.

more to the point that shit ended in 1997 with the BCS which turned into the playoff, multiple teams declaring themselves National Champions are dead and buried

Yeah but Nebraska doesn’t claim that

This is a sport where the vast majority of national champions were voted on in 2 or 3 separate polls by coaches, press, and statisticians. There have been times when 2 times ended the year calling themselves national champs before.

The fuck can they do?

>what is 2003
Just saying that an "official NCAA selector" doesn't mean much more than you or I selecting a champion.

they're not wrong...

>only team to go undefeated
>beat the team that already beat both teams going to the FBS CG

Lol they can create a playoff system like every other sport

>beat by one score in a meaningless exhibition after Auburn just lost their conference championship and are deflated with nothing to play for
>play a schedule most .500+ p5 teams would easily go undefeated through
Go play uconn (in fucking football) in conference again and whine to them. You UCFaggots are annoying.

good idea, this would be an amazing playoff

>Orange Bowl: #1 Clemson vs #8 UCF
>Fiesta Bowl: #2 Oklahoma vs #7 Alabama
>Sugar Bowl: #3 Georgia vs #6 Wisconsin
>Rose Bowl: #4 tOSU vs #5 USC

>auburn favored by double digits
GONNA FUCKING DESTROY THOSE PRETENDERS

>get btfo
i-i-it was a meaningless exhibition. they didn't try!

no, you would do quarterfinals in the higher seed's stadium
then bowl games in the semifinals
the rose bowl should always be one of the semifinals desu, rotate the other one amongst the less important ones

>a meaningless exhibition

>the game that singlehandedly decides whether the SEC-biased CFP system is a true testament to the best team or an absolute farce
>SEC team considers it meaningless
Yeah no

UCF is doing the right thing desu

>If they wanna be in the playoff join a power 5 conference.
They have been trying for the past five years.

they can stay in their meme conference they just needed to play one (1) real team, which they didn't until auburn, and they didnt even deserve to have any decent games on their schedule because they went 6-7 last year

Are you forgetting 2003?

Stay mad

In the meantime UCF is just as legitimate a National Champion as whoever wins the extra SEC exhibition next week

Fucking Boise State just had to lose to Kaepernick or else they'd be the first G5 champion.

>there's no official NCAA College Football Champion.

What about the FCS Champions?

>In the meantime UCF is just as legitimate a National Champion as whoever wins the extra SEC exhibition next week
I doubt even you sincerely believe that

UCF is what would happen if chael sonnen’s fake title belt couldnt be stopped by UFC from being considered the legitimate one

not that guy you were talking to, but I do sincerely believe that

stay mad tho

The list of excuses SEC fans trot out whenever one of their marquee programs gets BTFO are always the same:

>SEC team A didn’t want to be there, it meant nothing to them
>SEC team B was injured and spent from having to play an SEC schedule
>SEC team C wasn’t motivated
>SEC team D played their worst game of the season while Other team played their best game of the season
>SEC team E beat themselves
>Refball

Like fucking clockwork.

Finebaum, the mouthpiece of the SEC, says the same shit every bowl season. Fuck he said again that “Auburn didn’t want to be there[the peach bowl]” after Auburn lost when beforehand he was claiming UCF didn’t even deserve to play Auburn and that Auburn was going to embarrass UCF.

Just glad Based Frost threw some shade his way when he had the chance.

I want a UCF national championship shirt

If I remember correctly, Alabama had to beat Auburn and Boise had to of course beat Nevada to play Oregon for the BCS championship. Alabama hilariously gave up a 24-7 lead in the second half and Boise State's kicker had one of the finest choke jobs in sports history. Boise was dangerously close to finally getting in that year.

Joe Tess had one of the best calls ever in that Nevada game.

youtube.com/watch?v=2f4bsn85coM

TCU was ranked #3 going into the final weekend, but I'm pretty sure the win over Nevada would have put Boise at #3. Boise was already ranked higher in all of the human polls, so pretty confident in that.

Also, don't forget 2009. Had Texas missed that long field goal in the Big 12 title game, Alabama would have played Cincinnati for the championship, in what would have been a huge blowout. Then you have 2007 when West Virginia was dangerously close to getting in.

Non power teams had a better shot of making it to the big game in the BCS era. They of course know that and are okay with the money they make off the playoff. Only way I see them creating there own playoff format is if the Power conference ever follows Nick Saban's idea and only allow their teams to schedule other power teams.

This thread is basically a UCF safe space. Enjoy your autistic delusions

College football sounds really retarded, do people really get excited about it?

College Footballs fans rival soccer fans in passion. Way more passionate than the average NFL fan.

SEETHING
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

Xd

Isn’t that illegal?

Very much so. In the southeastern and midwestern United States it is the most popular team sport, even more so than the NFL.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Why would UCF care if they got hit with some sort of sanction. It's not like they ever have a chance at a title anyways since the committee refuses to consider anyone outside of a power 5 conference.

UCF should officially claim the national championship, what the fuck is anyone gonna do? they went undefeated when no other team went undefeated, seems very simple