Be honest Sup Forums

How many of you used to be liberals of the "snarky, Jon Stewart" variety? What changed you?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/432848/donald-trump-opposes-free-speech-pc-left
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I regret it every single day. /lol/ changed me during the 2012 elections.

I've always been a conservative, but never really knew why. It was mainly because my family was. Then, Alex Jones and the recent explosion of sjw's pushed me into reading conservative opinions and understanding the views more. This was after researching tons of liberal stuff too. Now I'm in far-right territory.

Trevor Noah

Never. I always found it weird why people my age support Kerry/Obama (10ish) and hated Bush (16ish) despite them not knowing anything about politics or any of the president's having meaningful control over their lives at the time.

>What changed you?
Trayboon made me realize jut because it's on television, doesn't mean it's true.

Seriously. Why were millennials so liberal? I need to get to the bottom of this. There had to be an explanation.

I was. And I was absolutely insufferable. I was even a fucking vegetarian.

Many things, but my conversion was made complete by the Zimmerman affair. Oddly enough, part of the programming I received during the college indoctrination process was responsible for helping me see through the establishment veil. Those humanities professors were always encouraging us to interrogate and challenge everything. So I did.

they got it from their parents/media naturally

I used to be, then I graduated college.

I was never a liberal. I was a cuckservative though.

Same

But I was never today's version of a liberal, going to a public school with a large black population will do that to you.

3 things.

Dated a feminist women's studies T.A. for 3 years. I know. I was young and dumb and she was fucking insatiable.

I taught at a really shitty school full of 2nd generation mexican American kids.

I went to the rally to restore sanity and was disgusted by the condescending behavior of the people there. So much so that I questioned what the fuck I was doing with myself.

Enter Sup Forums and the red pill.

Like a lot of people, I was converted by the Zim Zam Affair. The absolute shameless obfuscation by the media and the rise of blacks being openly racist on social media really opened my eyes. They showed pictures of Trayvon when he was fucking 12 for Christ's sake.

I worked retail.

That was me until I began appreciating the value of self-reliance. Then it iteratively became clear to me that liberalism is a mental disorder

Living in the current year

I would be a Liberal but I hate the people in charge who are fucking up the ideas here.

I was a Democrat liberal for 490 years....

But the thought of Hillary changed me! Hillary totally set me free to become a total conservative now! :)

I gotta say it was probably Trayboon, too. At least, that was the start. I slowly grew out of a lot of liberal beliefs, but my first antiiberal thought was how much I despised Obama for that "if I had a son" comment.

The Refugee business in Europe really hit it home for me, and I thank god everyday.

Real experience with black people

>I was a Democrat liberal for 490 years....

Make that 40 years ;) Damn old keyboard.

I was Liberal until 2011 when OWS happened.
That shitshow made me switch to Republican.

Same. Working with those dirt bag losers really opened my eyes to what poor people think and do.
Plus living around Indians and other welfare recipients...

I was always a loner when it came to politics in my majority white town. I was center-left, but never liberal as a teen, I agreed with environmentalists on a lot of points so that led me left, plus the girl I was crushing on was a hippie so I needed to impress her. But I always felt something was off, that the progessive logic never checked out. This was back in 2007-09 when SJWs where still a fringe.

Then Mike Brown got shot. I read the initial autopsy 3 days after he got shot, thanks Sup Forums. He was physically impossible for him to die with his hands up like the media reported for months. That single lie changed me. Forever.

So if you guys were of the Jon Stewart variety, what did you think of his response to trayvon? Did it change your mind about him?

Getting denied 1 month of food stamps when I needed it most, followed by homelessness.

>Jon Stewart

He is a clown that tells jokes to make himself money. Although he tried to make jokes that mattered, he was still only a clown telling jokes only to make himself money.

I totally was, I even voted for Obama, twice. I bought into the whole "unity" concept and the "why can't we just get along?"

I'm also a white dude.

Then the left fucking abandoned me. I am literally what every "lefty" now hates. I'm the scapegoat for the whole worlds problems. I'm racist, I'm privileged, and I can't even argue those points because then I'm just a bigot.

I'm a regular white dude working 9-5 and paying taxes, not out killing anyone or whipping my slaves. My parents are regular white people who are still married, and who have never committed a crime in their life and scraped by always "doing the right thing," and teaching me about integrity.

But there's no place for me in the left. They pushed me out. I can't be left wing and not support people's right to decide what fucking gender they want to be today. I can't be left wing and not want millions of illegals pouring into my country. I can't be left wing and not support the legalization of ALL DURGZ.

It's fucking dumb now.

John Stewart was good when he was railing against the Christain neo-con establishment, the christfag moral majority that was running the country when he started his show.

After Obongo got elected, he stopped being funny. This is because the left became the "Moral Majority", the left became the establishment, and every media outlet sans Fox News shilled for the left.

That's why his later segments are so filled with fox news bashing, There's nothing else left of the neo-cons.

I was a liberal up until I actually found out that SJWs weren't some elaborate roleplaying community. I couldn't abide by all the anti-white anti-male shit those slackjaws spew.

More accurately, the neo-cons co-opted the "left" and its mouthpieces.

I used to be a hardcore liberal, because I cared about personal freedoms and free speech

Republican party is more aligned with those views at the moment

i was liberal up until the 2015 Canadian election...

Don't you mean Jon Stewart (((Leibowitz)))?

Yes.
The certainty that it was no longer in keeping with available facts.
Stewart's credibility came from calling out Bush, often on painfully obvious grounds, when the rest of the media fellated him. In other words Dan Gabriel and the children of Bernays seem to believe in pied piper magic, and the reality is that, while pied pipers appear, what success they enjoy is the result of real or imagined accuracy, not charisma.

I canvassed for John Kerry's 2004 campaign

Now pic is me

We actually were a RP community and a bunch of silly trolls who wouldn't stop blathering about Full Communism and paleomarxobenises and holy shit i'm literally the lovechild of mao and hitler let's kill the jews for the glory of Juche but we didn't realize that Poe's Law was a thing that existed and oopsie!

I was relatively liberal during the Bush years, and honestly, I still kind of am about most of the issues surrounding Bush (Iraq War started on false pretenses, ban on stem cell research, continued support for shit like DOMA, etc.). I think it's because I tend to lean libertarian, but Bush's authoritarianism was just too much. Likewise today's feminists/SJWs are also super duper authoritarian and equally as unappealing. I've found Obama to not be a terrible president, but not one of the best (probably something like 60-65th percentile). He is responsible for a lot of illegal bullshit, just like Bush before him for shit like the 2012 NDAA that stated the US government can assassinate "terrorists" without a trial. He has done some good stuff, though, like not getting into a ground war in the middle east for example. I have no problem with using Army Special Forces to train the resistance and Seal Team 6/Delta for surgical action and just droning the rest, but we cannot get into a bullshit war like Iraq in 2003.

Are you for real?
nationalreview.com/article/432848/donald-trump-opposes-free-speech-pc-left

I'm 25. Was a liberal since I could understand politics.

Just this past year after having my son is when things started turning around. I got a tumblr because I heard how horrible it was. It was worse than I expected, and its the reason I now hate trans fucks, black people and those who are neither but advocate for them anyways. I hated feminists and SJWs already but I really saw what kind of filth frequents the Earth.

I actually supported Bernie until just 5 months ago. I saw the BLM interuptive bullshit at a Sanders rally on tumblr and it was not too long afterwards that I became absokutely disgusted with him.

I used to make fun of Trump and Trump supporters, but then it was like "getting woke". I have more in common with supporting Trump than I ever thought.

I'm actually still pretty new to Sup Forums but its really amazing to know I'm not alone in thinking what I do. Also, I get more real info here than I do elsewhere.

I used to think he was pretty funny when I was underage. It's basically news for teens and dumb people.

then I was a pretentious libertarian

then I became Sup Forums and I love Trump

It's because millennials are young adults and in college or just out now. Populist idiots like Sanders and Warren really appeal to millennials because these politicians spout bullshit about the economy being rigged, and millennials are basically just financially illiterate. I'm a millennial, but I actually studied finance and now work in the financial services industry.

The only bearable late show was dave Letterman

I never really got into Steward but I watched him occasionally. I've read a lot of comments and watched so many videos that made me a center libertarian then I discovered Sup Forums

>the SCOTUS decision in Citizen United was good trump is a SJW tee hee!
fucking national review shill kys

I never voted for Obama, but this post gave me the feels.

The left left a lot of good, rational people for the side of extremism.

And yes I deleted the tumblr and all ties to it.

I was pretty much the same. When I was a 13/14 year old edgy misanthrope atheist I liked Colbert and Stewart but was more libertarian than liberal. Gradually I realized them for the leftist, indoctrinating shills they are and matured.

The daily show was alright back in the bush years. After 9/11 it was pretty much just about being against the war which was pretty sane.

They never criticized obama like they did bush.

Welcome, friend.

College tbqh

>We here at Georgetown encourage critical thought, UNLESS IT'S DIRECTED AT ANYTHING OTHER THAN FUCKING WHITE MALES

Occupy Toronto changed me. I saw a hot chick dancing, went up to talk to her and found out she was a dude. Found Sup Forums a couple of months before that, but after that encounter I became a regular.

Still don't agree with you guys on most things, I'm a liberal, but I agree with you guys a lot more than the mainstream SJW movement going on right now.

To elaborate, Obama Vs. Clinton in 08 was my first eye opening experience on who liberals are. I was told throughout my childhood and all through the Bush years by teachers and the media that the Clinton years were amazing. Then we had the opportunity to elect the Clintons again and they all were for Obama because he was black.

Then Occupy happened and we where going to break up the big banks but liberals wanted to talk about white privilege.

I wen't Ron Paul 2012 watched the media blackout on him. Thought maybe their is something to this Jew shit. then are Nige and Ukip won the Euro election, I completely agreed with everything he stood for. Slowly got angrier and angrier at the left. Now when someone says no justice no peace I say fuck your peace. Then all the white people look at me like maybe they backed the wrong horse

I was never a leftist, but I was raised cuckservative. Then I went through an open borders libertarian phase because it just seemed to be the logical step.
Nowadays I'm redpilled and see how ridiculous that is and that my ideology was built in the wrong foundations.

Because the media is run by leftists and most kids are raised by TV moreso than they were in the past.

>Joined the army and learned the value of strength
>Learned women love magnificent bastards, and only use appeasing liberals for beta bucks and substitute dick
>Deployed & learned what Kebab is like
>Spent time in europe, experienced how pathetic liberal eurocucks are
>Deployed again, & learned that different Kebabs are still Kebab
>moved to florida, learned what dindu's are like
>made based as fuck black friends that further redpilled me on nigger culture
>became a history buff, and learned all kinds of shit that they didnt cover in college because it doesnt fit the narrative

Basically, I grew up, stopped being a weak scared little bitch, got laid and experienced the real world.

It's disheartening that most of their viewership never came to that realization.

I was the type of liberal that believed he was a genius and never thought for myself.

College is not an indoctrination process if you major in a non-shit tier major. Major in STEM and it's basically apolitical. We talked about things like evolution and climate change, but these aren't even political issues, they are backed by mountains of scientific research and an overwhelming consensus among the experts. You know what we never talked about? Racism, sexism, victim complexes, religion, etc. etc. etc. The colleges are liberal havens meme is only true outside of STEM (my experience was within math and chemistry at a top school, but I've heard the same from other people in other STEM majors or at different schools).

That said, if you major in something stupid like poly-sci or sociology, then yeah, you're gonna see a bunch of liberal bullshit.

I watched it from 2006-2008 when I was 14-16.

I was expecting him to start making fun of Obama the way he made fun of Bush, which I found so hilarious and edgy. When he didn't, I realized he wasn't a comedian but a political hack.

It was my first step out of leftism. Good times.

Obama being a shit president changed me.

Sad thing is that a lot of anons on this board were probably just like you. Nowadays if you're a young white guy, where do you turn?

You're the boogyman of the left and your words mean absolutely nothing, even if you're gay.

Your options are basically moderate conservative and hope you don't get dicked, vote democrat to fit in, libertarian or just go full blown autism and go with traditionalist/NatSoc like a lot of Sup Forums has.

Yeah, that opened my eyes, too. He's gotta be the worst president we've had in a very long time.

Considering the presidents we've had over the past few decades, that's really saying something, too.

GamerGate made me think twice about what was going on. Slow change since then. Grew up around liberals and liberal parents, so it was like undoing decades of programming.

Until about 4 months ago. I was a diehard Sander's supporter, until I looked into the mathematics he was using to back up his tax reform plans and realized he was full of shit. Figuring that out broke the 'spell', and started me down the redpill path.

Trump converted me. It was obvious from day 1 that Trump was completely based and would be the next president, but after a few months of "lolololol Drumpf" and "HE'S HITLER NO REALLY WE MEAN IT LITERALLY HITTTTLLLEERRR!!!!!!" I just couldn't take it anymore.

Dems might be theoretically right on more issues, but fuck if Shillary's ever going to do anything about it. Electing Trump and blowing up the cancerous status quo is the only way to save America.

I'm nationalist libertarian. Fuck anyone who tries to come in illegally, and fuck corporatism within the states, but let normal people live their lives however they want, without the aide of government.

with all of the shit that Hillary was doing from the shadows, I consider it a major accomplishment that he somehow kept her from starting WW3 with Putin.

the globalist trade agreement shit and common core are real bad though and I don't think it's possible to suck Wall Street's collective cock any harder than he did so keeping us out of a massive war is about all he has going for him.

I'm not really NatSoc to the point of stormfront tier shit. I'm white and I want to have white kids, and I'm proud of my race and I live in CA so I'm here with a bunch of Mexicans, and I watch the degenerate shit they do, just like the blacks, and I just don't like it.

I'm pretty centrist I guess, I took that political leanings chart and ended up right in the center. Then isidewith.com told me I mostly align with Trump.

I'm just tired of being blamed for everyone's shit, while I watch them ruin their own shit all day.

But I can't even say that I think BLM is a stupid movement and that blocking freeways is dumb without it coming out as "I HATE NIGGERSSSS."

Basically I have to keep pretty quiet about politics, and whatever I feel, cut that in half before I say it out loud to anyone.

Now, more than ever, EVERYONE has to go to college. However, most people dont end up in STEM so they end up in bullshit brainwashing for their formative years. Happened to me.

Thank God for the fucking Army. Otherwise, I'd probably be a Sanders supporting cuck watching my wife's son on her "girls night out."

Don't forget all the corrupt shit he allowed to go on, like that IRS debacle. Oh, and him sticking his nose where it doesn't belong was stale the first time he did it, when he was going on about how Trayvon could have been his son. Today, he compared BLM to the Civil Rights Movement and Women's Suffrage.

Yes. I stopped watching tv and began to read. The end.

>I was a Democrat liberal for 490 years

Are you an ancient loli demigodess?

My wife's "Girls night out," is her going and watching a movie with her parents once every couple of weeks. I'm always invited, but it's boring and trite as hell, in my opinion.

No. I had a father.

I was. SJWs changed me. At some point I woke up during my liberal arts reeducation.

that's the worst part about being a liberal..When you grow out of it you have to apologize to your father.

I'd say the radicalization of the left as well as the denial of the problems of mass immigration made me go pretty far to the right. I was a centrist before.

>What changed you?
I'm not sure what it was exactly that made me tune out. Maybe it just got too preachy or maybe I didn't find the segments all that funny anymore. Maybe it was just the obnoxious audiences or guests.
I just stopped watching him and the Colbert Report one day and hadn't paid much attention to Comedy 'pundits' since.

Except for Greg Gutfeld, if you consider him remotely being a funny guy, but that's more of a personal guilty pleasure appreciation of bad news done in an occasionally raunchy tone.

I noticed one day that I was regularly the only white person in the room. And I noticed that I hear Spanish more often than I should.
Then I experienced the effects of illegal labor on my budding Contracting Business.
I live in Southern California

This

honestly I was hella liberal as a kid growing up with my single mom who was ultra liberal, but after I moved to AZ (where its mostly conservative bc fuck mexicans) with my super fucking liberal dad and stepmom I just started hating liberals because I realized how impossible it to get a word in edge wise with them. I could even share a video criticizing furfags and shit with out them getting in my face about cyber bullying and I was gonna start another columbine.

Libertarianism does not necessarily mean support for open borders. The vast majority of libertarians can agree that one of the things government is responsible for is national defense. That means managing the army and protecting the country and it's borders from foreign threats.

See, I liked them (particularly Colbert) despite frequently disagreeing. Their replacements, though, are absolute shit. I though Trevor Noah was going to be ok for a bit, but he launched way too heavily into just pushing an agenda with humor as a secondary goal. Way worse was Larry Wilmore. He is basically the embodiment of the modern ignorant upper class liberal. He pushes an agenda worse than Fox/NBC (they're equally bad, but pick the one you hate more), and very seldom is able to actually succeed with humor.

Hello from the Bay. Shit's bad up here too, I hear way north is nice, like Shasta/Redding.

wasnt he crying like a little bitch during 9/11? i remember when i saw it happened i immediately starting preparing my body for war. and then i went to war. 12 yrs later, still crying like a bitch. does that answer your question user?

This.

My first political interests were David Icke, Alex Jones, Jeff Rense stuff back in 2004ish

luckily never went through a leftist phase

Also surrounded by hella gayfags, user. I know the feel.

Nah, I have surprisingly gotten positive comments on my MAGA hat. I think most liberals are just afraid of me when I wear it. But there are also Mexican thugs around here and a potential for them to attack me for it.

Yeah, marketing it as the "Rally to Restore Sanity" drove the final nail in the coffin, it was such obvious propaganda that I still cringe thinking about it. I cheered when Republicans and the Tea Party blew the fuck out of the Dems in 2010.

I grew up, thats pretty much the reason

Fell for the Michael Moore meme and unironically thought Bowling For Columbine was a great film. Became much more conservative around 2012, when I started university. 2014 and realised that the globalist "conservatives" are barely better than the left.

I am 20 minutes away from San Jose. Still can't believe that rally. I wish I had been there.

But, I will say that most of my friends are pretty liberal, like hardcore Sanders supporters, and even they said that rally was embarrassing and totally fucked up that Trump supporters got attacked.

puberty. I was an 'intellectual liberal' and a hungry skeleton until around 18 I had a growth spurt and then filled in to an average thickness and then started desiring to lift. I began to take pride in myself.

Welcome, We've been expecting you.

I was. Communist even, loved Stewart. Trannies was the first "hold on". Obama's shit being ignored (just "look how crazy the tea party is!").

Then seeing from a distance the progressive stack and hierarchies of victimhood ruining occupy wall st (rich trannies telling their father's workers to check their privilege). Then feminism got me to the right since it was impossible to escape being a sexist.

Meanwhile the workers party supporters in BR couldn't accept there could be corruption, ends justified the means, stupid sjw shit from america i thought could be ignored started to get imported.

Then nigs, blm gibs, rotterham, european invasion.

I graduated high school

Been a liberal for 10 years. Will be a liberal 10 years from now. The rightwing is dying. You can only destroy the world so long before dummies stop falling for the meme.

I was simultaneous Stewart and Alex Jones. Trump is the only reason I'm anything more than a cynical independent. The Republican party and "conservativism" are both evil without a hero like Trump