Best SW since TESB

>although I do understand why so many people don't like it
>it's simply because people are generally brainlets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5drYkLiLI8
youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>movie starts
>bunch of stormtroopers on a ship, flying to exterminate some locals in a backwater planet
>it aint me starts playing

unironically my favourite star wars.

mine too desu

What?
youtube.com/watch?v=D5drYkLiLI8

Probably because it has too many characters and the first half is absolutely boring. I know three people that literally fell asleep.

FA is better. This one has most of the same problems and more, it just has the original trilogy to fix its problems.

There was nothing even remotely smart about this modern day action Marvel romp.

After TFA I didn't think Disney could sink any lower, but oh my god, I was wrong.

was it your grandmother, your grandfather and your home care attendant?

Also the writing was ATROCIOUS. It stands out most with the Tarkin scenes. Go back and watch Tarkin in New Hope. He is terse, he is threatening, he is controlled. In this he's WORDS WORDS WORDS. Same with every other scene with any amount of dialogue. Could cut 10 minutes out of that movie by having the actors act more and the writers write less, and it would be a better movie.

the people who didn't like this are the same people who wrote a philosophical thesis on BVS and thoroughly enjoyed TFA.

* Record scratch *

* Freeze frame *

Yup that's me. I got the Princess on board too. You're probably wondering how a "diplomatic mission" involves destruction of 2 Star Destroyers, a planetary shield generator and some of the Empire's high brass! Well here's how they lazily put it all together..

* Strings build *

She was literally just lying/stalling.

youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs

Skip to 9:40

Stalling on their way to Tatooine? Makes sense. It's a good thing project Death Star's head honcho, Grand Moff Tarkin, wasn't around. He'd probably have felt the force in her presence.

Vader knew she was lying.

Vader "lied" to her about going through restricted space, rather than saying "gotcha". A Sith Lord too. Cunt wants to go back into his fish tank and have a quiet word with himself.

b-but reddit letter media said it was a shit flick

ew she's fucking ugly.

At first I enjoyed it but I realized it was a very "on the surface" enjoyment when I saw it again. Once the dazzle dies off, you realize that it is indeed poorly written and the performances are across the board either passable or bad.

It just isn't that strong of a film, OP and TFA was an objectively better shot film. I know that may trigger you...but rip this bandaid off now. I know some of you want to pretend that TFA is "le worst everer" but it is probably the REAL best entry since Empire. So far.

If you go out of your way to hate TFA then you are an angry brainlet.

If you're gay yeah

>It's an action film.
Get that clear in your head.

I like your wording but er... I really didn't have to try to hate tfa, it's shit. The content behind the words makes me think you're an idiot.

lol

>Read first response

>Probably because it has too many characters
Dingdingding!
>It wos 2 hord tuh follow...

Did you see his review, he couldn't find a single actual thing wrong with it. The fucking jewtube comment section tears him apart.

Throwaway garbage. Direct to video tier.

>It's an action film.
Get that clear in your head.

Star wars was never deep

>it's an action film
So that excuses it for being poorly written? Actiom films still need to be...good. Would you prefer just a tech demo? Is Transformers your favorite film?
>The content behind the words makes me think you're an idiot.
>y-you an idiot heehee
Nice rebuttal there you dumb faggot.

>best since tesb

Correct, but that's only because ANH and ROTJ are better than tesb.

>Star wars was never deep
Has nobody watched the original trilogy here? The characters were well-developed. It was an adventure with likable characters

pretty much everyone liked it so i'm not sure what you're whining about. assume you're just trying to get some people to say more positive things about it for validation?

they were very charming and memorable, much more so than any of the new characters, but they weren't deep lmao.

>Nice rebuttal there you dumb faggot.
That was your rebuttal as well! haha!

Have you ever seen Rambo?

I see what you did there but you know full well that's not what I meant!

lol holy shit

>Try reading the thread

Maybe for your generation...

>they weren't deep lmao.
exactly

it was shit though

r1 and tfa were both garbage user

>If you're gay yeah
she was way too old for the character she was playing

Best SW since the first two, yes, but that is nothing like the statement people think it is. Without the shine of nostalgia, ANH and ESB are only slightly better than the prequels and ROTJ. The whole universe is full of plot-holes and logical inconsistancies, and Lucas dialogue is legitimately terrible.

Op here, I 96% agree with you, only thing is
>slightly better
but this could due to a subjective interpretation of the meaning and context of the word "slightly"

Still bangin tho

Not true. I hated this, TFA, and BvS. They all suck ass.

Cool video

Rambo was well-written. Are you just retarded? Movies still have to be GOOD.

R1 just wasn't that good. Holy shit, you are autistic.

That was badass in TFA. RO's opening was terrible.

>Rambo was well-written
Hahahah

>ESB
>only slightly better than prequels
Neck yourself immediately

Tried watching this garbage earlier. Turn it off after 20 mins. They must've introduced at least half a dozen characters during those 20 minutes. None of whom I could give a shit about. The characters weren't interesting, the circumstances weren't interesting, the dialogues weren't interesting. The fucking cgi world looks like it was made by some weeb from deviantart.

Check imdb. It's 8/10.

>tfw you're no longer a pleb

But it was, user.

Logical inconsistencies maybe, but plot holes are always explained away outside the movies.

You are all plebs here. If you need to identify yourself as pleb/not pleb, you are the real pleb

>People still care about Star Wars

lol I know it's probably a terrible movie, but when I watch it I will try to force myself to love it. I want to enjoy Star Wars, y'know?

TFA was good. I don't know why you underagers are still trying to keep this meme going that it sucked

>film resolves how the plans got to Leia's ship
>literally zero explanation for how Leia's ship is stopped after the jump to hyperspace

Fill in the gaps yourself, it's not that hard to think of a plausible scenario.

They were headed to Tatooine, that's why they stopped at Tatooine.

It has plot holes out the ass and is a giant insult to the entire story and cast of the original trilogy and even the prequels. Worst of all it's total hackery even worse than when Lucas copied OT shots into the PT. Some dipshit on Sup Forums calling me underaged isn't going to change those facts.

How awesome was Vaders home tho. I want a house like that one day. I'd be like, come in and take a seat to all the sales people and they'd be like, no way dude .

>years of launching probes all over the galaxy to find a hidden base
>pinpoints a single ship 5 minutes later

believable

I agree that it has plot holes but everything else you said was just a bunch of crying with no substance.
>these are facts, my opinions became facts somehow
Right.

Can you give me a criticism that isn't just copy-pasting what other edgy 14 year old faggots say? Care to elaborate?

shut the fuck up youngfag

Implying they didn't just ask Raddus where they were headed

To? No. They were fleeing FROM the scene of a crime, of which they were the instigators. They are rebel scum without honor or continuity.

>Stormtroopers
You mean right wing deathsquad right?

They literally mention they're going to pick up Obi Wan.

Bail told her about Obi-wan, and he probably sent her to recruit him. Also Tatooine is basically the galactic ghetto, so if they were trying to evade the Empire that's the place to do it, not where the Empire is centered.

Why didn't Vader just grab the plans with the force?

in my top 5 desu

Watching this right now. Bitch can't act. And she's not even pleasant to look at. What's with those teeth? Fucking disgusting brit bong pig.

I'm watching this as a comedy. Makes it more tolerable.

You're assuming he knew that one guy in the back trying to open the door was holding death star plans

DELETE THIS

>The fucking cgi world looks like it was made by some weeb from deviantart.

Outing yourself as a moron right there.

Whats your favorite movie? Just curious.

Why are you on Sup Forums while watching a movie?

Got something to say nerd?
Kill yourself redditor.

Saw it 4 times at the theater. I love R1.

why did they all have to die?

that's pretty harsh for a children's franchise, desu

wow is that a real poster?

don't they get backlash when the nips who go see it realize he's just a small role?

Hey when a torrent uses 6 channel audio how do I make it 2 channel. I don't have surround sound but that's what all the decent rips of this movie uses I guess.

Natalie Alyn Lind?

It is a character poster, user...

Yes but can you please answer my question. seem more and more movies are using 6ch audio. :/

>ROGUE ONE IS THIS GENERATION'S EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

watching this made me realize how stupid star wars is and how stupid i was for liking it. forrest whitaker was funny for the 5 minutes he was in it, though.

>LIES
>DECEPTION
>EVERY DAY, MORE LIES

love it my man.
heres my rankins.

5>4>R1/6>1>2/3>7

To the people who say they like this shit, what the fuck do you like about it?

I really liked this movie, especially the beginning. Cinematic af

Also space fascist is just cool

Of course he did. That ship is 1200m long with dozens of floors. Why was he in that EXACT corridor, right after the first rebel scumbag downloaded it, and then he went chasing the memory card all the way to the hanger before Leia's ship detached from the docking clamps?

Do you even Force bro?

First of all: Get a decent sound system, at least 5.1 if you want to actually enjoy movies

Second of all: If you are watching on your computer, any decent soundchip automatically downmixes surround sound to stereo in absence of a surround system.

I would say the OT is still better, even ROTJ. But Rogue One is objectively the best Star Wars since 1983

Yes, TFA has best entry, because right since Kylo Ren kills oldman instead reading his mind first whole flick stopped make any sense. Nice try though.

I'm 25 minutes into Rogue One. This is the slowest Star Wars movie I've ever seen, which would be fine if the slowness was counterbalanced with emotion. Instead every character is robotic. Fuck this movie.

WHAT IS SHE PROPOSING?

POST MUMMY-BUNNY

whay are you on Sup Forums at all reddit?

How'd you folks enjoy our corporate rebellion package? Remember, saying "iRebel" at the Disneyworld gates get you 2% off entrance fees! Don't forget to bring the whole family!

>because right since Kylo Ren kills oldman instead reading his mind first whole flick stopped make any sense

>REBBIT REBBIT REBBIT REEEE

>first of all, my opinion that you didn't ask for
>second of all, condescending misinformation using big words so I sound smart

great post faggot

>implying one of the largest conservative donors would donate money to a liberal corporation like Disney.

>big words
are you retarded?

>proving my point

>That was badass in TFA
rofl. that entire sequence was awful

I thought that TFA was the first genuinely bad Star Wars movie but R1 actually made me wish I was watching it again I was that bored and unimpressed. The only character with a personality to speak of was the quip-droid, and that personality is solely brought out by his quips. The entirety of the protagonist's development occurs during one scene where she looks at a hologram. 2/3 of the cast are completely superfluous, not even pushing the narrative forwards with their actions, just filling out poster-space. This movie has absolutely nothing going for it.

that robot was an embarrassment, both movies were complete shit

I thought that Standard Gabriel's lines to Kylo in TFA were bad but quip-droid is taken right out of Guardians of the Galaxy.

>people who complain about the new comic relief robots probably think C3PO was genius writing.

It's boring as shit and the characters are more wooden than an Amish barn.

Damn man I can't wait for it to come out on BR

Meh. We should talk more about death in society desu, it's retarded how so many people pretend it isn't going to happen.

lol 7 was shit but was it that bad? worse then 1?

>TFA was the first genuinely bad Star Wars movie
Anybody who take you seriously after this is a moron, namely