And its canceled

Fugg this gay earth

It's got a second season coming.

so fucking cringe.....

no it isn't fag

Shut up pleb.

I really is a masterpiece.

cringed

Why does Aubrey play the same character in every fucking show? Oh god this is terrible

>Aubrey is a drug addicted sociopath in every tv show

Name one

Breaking Bad she took control of Jesse's life and turned him against Walt

This show is amazing

Touché

Ah, speaking of cancelled shows.

plot twist: it's him

fatphobia is not cool, ok kiddo

can I watch this show without having seen other capeshit?

Can someone explain to me what this show is about? The adverts and trailers give no clue and I'm wary of jumping into a series completely blind. ( I don't want spoilers. Just the gist of what it's about.)

Yes. You just need to understand the premise of x men.

looks like that zelda hand monster in oot

oh it's an x-men spinoff? that has me even more intrigued, thx user

He is schizophrenic mutant with dissociative identity disorder whos personalities each control a different power. He literally has every power you can imagine with no understanding of how to control any of it.

Oh shit that's neat. Will check out.

Thanks for giving me a reasonable answer instead of the usual autistic sarcasm on this board.

Complete Opposite for me. The fact that it was another capeshit show kept me from giving it a chance.

I'm very glad I did though. It has joined my list of bar raising shows of the decade along with:
>True Detective
>Utopia
>Fargo

I truly do not understand the appeal of this show.

>Utopia
>Fargo
really gotta get around to watching those, especially since I complain all the time that "there's nothing to watch"

I hate capeshit, and I've never seen any of the X-Men movies, but this is a great show.

What do you dislike about it? I'll admit there are some eye rolling moments, especially with the Kerry character, but mainly with her acting. It more than enough makes up for it everywhere else imo.

literally like i'm a child, what the fuck was that scene about ?

me on the left

I'm fat, friendo. To be fair, sometimes i'm afraid of myself.

>Utopia
>Fargo
>bar raising shows

genuinely, the worst opinion i've ever seen on Sup Forums

plus he teleports himself and things around him, and jumps realities, and creates realities, and visits the astral plane, or maybe it's all in his mind and who the hell knows and that's the fun. And Audrey.

So am I getting this correctly- according to an interview of hers that role was originally supposed to be played by a dude?

You hated them that much?

It was probably his fat friend who vaped on that pepe with him.

Kek

That is without a doubt the gayest song i've heard in at least a year

>hating Fargo

Are you a fucking pleb-stain?

I dropped this show at the end of the first episode when it seemed like it was just going to be typical genre conspiracy trash and they were running through some shit looking CGI explosion action.

If THIS is what the makers of this show think is "cool" then I know it's not a show worth watching.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Pepe was heavily featured in this show

I only saw the pilot, but I didn't think it had very high stakes or any kind of interesting future implications. I think the whole "is this a dream or real" motif is a cop-out, and I would ask any fan of the show to ask themselves if there's anything random they could do that wouldn't work. Seems like they can do whatever they want (like OP's webm) and the fans will find some meaning it.

If the Legion pilot had focused more on his relationship with his family and then ended with some kind of threat against his sister or introduction of a major villain, I probably would have been invested more. The creepy yellow-eyed guy didn't actually do anything bad, just stared at him. I enjoyed the weird shit in Fargo because it was grounded in the real lives of characters, especially some of the best villains I've seen on tv.

Also, I generally think the CGI is garbage and the editing was way better in Fargo. This all seems like it has a "we'll figure it out in post" philosophy.

>classic sultry dance song
>gayest
go back to your wanna suck dicks no homo threads pal

So you goofed, and came back to double down on your poor taste? Got it.

>Nina Simone
B A S E D

wow that's very erotic, I like the thrusting parts

What did they mean by this?

It didn't seem good enough to watch. I'd like to be proven wrong but I doubt it because most of the people who find value in the show presumably were impressed by the pilot. Seems like another show with uninteresting plot and character where you're supposed to be so wowed by the flashy visuals that the flaws don't matter. Except you're not and they do.

I find Fargo to be fairly superficial too but at least that had some enjoyable characters.

>bumstep remix of "classic" old timey song is good

I bet you listen to electro-swing and dress like the great gastby, you fucking sperglord

Lol, look at the amount of makeup they put on this bitch.

To me, it's one of the better uses of X-men. In particular it's focusing on the crazy mind powers aspect that they never seem to get right with characters like Charles and Phoenix.

They just used one of the more obscure characters and a buncha OC that seem similar enough to other ones and one surprise villain character yet to be named but I think we know who it is.

I think the other best use of X-men by Fox was in Deadpool. Deadpool aside, Colossus and teenage goth chick with Cannonball's powers was exactly what I wanted from an X-men team. Even though it was the budget restricted team of two. I think Colossus's character in that was more spot on than most of the cast of the regular films.

Okay so why does the yellow dude now have all this control over him, there didn't appear to be an actual trigger

Pretty sure that is mostly the original song. That's not much of an electronic remix. That's the actual band playing and they just repeat some of it. Might have even been done by the show itself just to shorten it.

Lenny told him they'd have to team up to take down the guys who had his sister, so he let Lenny do that and take over the body, not knowing she was the parasite.

didnt like the last episode so much.

that wasn't really stated explicitly

he's getting woke

youtube.com/watch?v=FBnANoNZkVA
it's this

praise kek

Listening to the original from the original album. The bassy brass sounds pretty unaltered.

David's in the white room
He went into it, which is where all of this is happening.
Yellow eyes/lenny has shown again and again that while David's in his mindscape, lenny has a lot of power.
White room is in the astral plane, and is David's weakness. It's dangerous and lenny is using the comfort it brings him against him.

The Strain really did turn to shit. Worst Master yet.

Ah. I hear the electronic drums more. I was focusing more on the brass, which sounds pretty similar to the original.

Eh. Still better than a number of others, like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=PrK35KKorM4

Can't find a clip of the original song with footage from the original Thomas Crown Affair sadly.

Yknow what? Even if it was the original (which it clearly isn't wtf your now a master of brass sounds?), it would still be lame because there are millions of tracks they could have picked instead of this incredibly obvious pick that's in every 16 year olds "classy music" Spotify playlist.
So just breathe deep and for once admit to yourself that you are a tastless sperg, and then you can move on forever and improve.

This literally sounds like Jane from Doom Patrol

Well if you don't like it, feel free to leave the thread. No one can change your opinion regarding this show, as it is entirely subjective.

>best show currently on air
Only if you like style over substance.

Legion predates Crazy Jane

so much this. Show is complete trash. It's just hipster candy for faggots.

>style over substance
Well meme'd. Thanks for stopping by.

>Only if you like style over substance
You mean filmmaking?

Why are you posting on the television and film board if you're not interested in watching TV shows and films? Fuck off mate.

he's right though. it's the hannibal of capeshit

>what is cinematography
>what is a well written plot, interesting characters, etc
>why are they different.

feel free to take your time thinking about this

So you mean it's actually good? Thanks, I agree.

Style is substance, you pleb.

Kek is a poisonous drug of the ignorant masses.

>I change the definitions of things because it suits my feelings on a topic.

Go read the dictionary and tell me who's changing around the definitions.

Every role is played the same because she can't act, looks like a meth baby, and has an agent that wants her career dead.

>Why are you posting on the television and film board if you're not interested in watching TV shows and films?
I'm interested in good TV shows and films. Or more honestly I'm here because of habit.

Also the fact that you think you need to watch something or like something to talk about it here is a holdover from the culture of whichever home board you're coming from.

Style
a distinctive appearance
Substance
the quality of being important, valid, or significant

you retards really will lap up anything. i bet you enjoy the films of wes anderson.

I like this show a lot

but REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I hate when girls try to be a "sexy" dancer. Just shake your ass you bitch

Let's create one of these shit threads everyday.
The show sucks. So edgy. Much edges. Edges everywhere. So sophisticated!

Grow up and stop being so insecure. Developing an emotional attachment to a product is reddit behavior. This board is ideologically opposed to fan culture.

what style are they taking inspiration from ? I see it's Wes Anderson but there's gotta be something else

its the only capeshit show i've ever been able to watch one episode of and not get so bored i couldnt be fucked to watch episode 2

>"the substance of the tale is very thin"
Yet it still has substance.

moving the goalposts now are we m8?

I just copy and pasted the sample sentence from the same google definition you just copy and pasted from. Yet Im "rewriting the dictionary. "

>Style is substance
show me where it has these two words as synonyms or remotely related. Then when you can't, fuck off

> the most important or essential part of something

Id say style is at the top on this show

wew these mental gymnastics. Let's read one more down shall we?
>the subject matter of a text, speech, or work of art, especially as CONTRASTED with the form or style in which it is presented.
But sure keep feeling like style is substance. Your move faggot.

Are you still arguing that this show has no subject matter? Or are you arguing that style isn't the most important aspect of this show? Because either way you fail.