twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thelma and Louise

I cant

La Dolce Vita
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Chinatown
The Graduate
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

There's been a lot of love for NCFOM here lately. Is this normal? Not complaining btw; I agree.

I'm finished.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cz41FXw1lWA

"This is how it always ends. With death. But first there was life. Hidden beneath the blah, blah, blah. It's all settled beneath the chitter chatter and the noise. Silence and sentiment. Emotion and fear. The haggard, inconstant flashes of beauty. And then the wretched squalor and miserable humanity. All buried under the cover of the embarrassment of being in the world, blah, blah, blah... Beyond there is what lies beyond. I don't deal with what lies beyond. Therefore... let this novel begin. After all... it's just a trick. Yes, it's just a trick."

>tfw ruined by cutting to the wife's face and then back to tommy lee

This is my one sole complaint. There's so much fucking tension during his monologue. It's all built up so perfectly on the still shot on his face, and then it's all instantly deflated the second the camera cuts away.

Two-lane Blacktop (1971)

Scarface

10 year anniversary (yes, it's been 10 years)

Night of the Living Dead
Some Like it Hot

youtube.com/watch?v=FsEbrhv2jGY

No, it came out in the fall.

I love the ending scene in The Hunt.

On surface level it's ambiguous, but the whole message of the scene couldn't be more direct and impactful.
An actual visual statement.

epic

Is this one of those plebbit threads where they pretend to love boring fliques?

NCFOM wasn't boring by any stretch of the imagination.

>whole thing was a dream

How in the hell is that a good ending

That's the point. He was talking about something deathly serious but nobody really cares except him. Getting old sucks.

>Boring
>Pointless
>Tommy Lee Jones is teased to kick some ass all movie long only for it to end with him monologuing about irrelevant bullshit
I'm pretty sure everyone must be memeing about liking that piece of shit because it was the blandest most pointless thing I've ever watched

Here's the moral of No Country For Old Men.

Seemingly decent people can let greed overcome them, intelligent people can make mistakes, others can pay for those mistakes with their lives and the nature of fate can (and will) affect everyone.

However if, as a lawman dedicated to upholding justice, you feel that your adversary is just a little too cunning for you to apprehend? Don't worry. Complain to your friend, go home to your wife and tell her about a dream you had about your father.

You'll feel better in the morning.

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry has the most brazen "FUCK YOU" ending I can think of.

>Make a movie about something everyone knows already
>People eat it up
Yeah, we all know real life is random and shitty. Was that the point?

cant recall it, what happened at the end? i remember someone shot at him i think right?

You have unrefined tastes.

>I'm pretty sure everyone must be memeing about liking that piece of shit because it was the blandest most pointless thing I've ever watched

sounds like someone hasn't seen Stalker

>I guess we finally have become Chinatown
what the fuck?!

That's literally the ending you retard. You can't see the guys face.

Pleb

Awesome retort. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued rebuttals with any new progress arguments or v-logs. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can refute me. Thanks for the motivation.

You're entirely unable to prove me wrong, cunt.

Jesse James

I think it's more to do with the generational divide in American society. Obviously the title refers to this, and even in the opening monologue Tommy Lee Jones mentions the newspaper article about the 14-year-old boy who murdered his girlfriend.

Over the course of the film there are constant references to how the old timers simply don't understand the newer generation with their green hair and piercings, which parallels Sheriff Bell's struggle to comprehend Chigurh, who is essentially a manifestation of this new breed of evil.

This pasta is great.

I never thought of it like this
thanks user

in other words, films that no1 gives a shit about anymore

so no, theres no better ending than op

mine nigga

2013 what a good year for endings:

Inside Lllewyn davis: Dylan
La Grande Bellezza: just a trck
Wolf Of Wallstreet: pan over audience mirror

Something like 4 layers of symbolism with these two riding off.

Pretty much most Kubrick endings are fucking great

GOAT ending comin thru

I'm glad somebody else on this shitty board has seen The Great Beauty.

And yeah, the Wolf of Wall Street's ending is phenomenal. Kind of unrelated, but have you ever noticed the editing during the quaalude scene? Pay attentiom to the way Scorsese just shoots a completely different staircase to make it appear even more daunting.

youtu.be/aicfFxaYVyM?t=3m20s

>But I think she wanted you of all people to know the truth. She wanted to live on in your memory, not as a solider, but as a woman. But she was forbidden to tell you herself. And that's why she told me. Snake, history will ever know what she did. No one will ever learn the truth. Her story... her debriefing, will endure only in your heart. Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and honor for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot.

Burn After Reading

Adaptation.

Best thing about kubflicks is when they end

youtube.com/watch?v=nDlEcFRZUYI

youtube.com/watch?v=XLc7CMtK44M

If we're also doing vidya endings, SH2 by far

>WHATS IN THE BAAAAHX

shitty acting fucked up the ending

Not even the Coen Brothers themselves would say their film is better than Chinatown.

And they'd be right.

Chinatown is Masterpiece Tier in film history for a reason.

Really wish I could have at some point watched this movie without having seen this and without knowing the twist.

What are you talking about? That shot was perfect and she was perfect in it.

Glad I'm not the only one who was taken out of the scene by that (even though I enjoyed the rest of the movie).

And there's his conversation with Wilford Brimley who tells him that the same shit happened to their grandfather

>never heard of it
>never heard of it
>never heard of it
>heard of it
>seen it

I'm a casual.

Paris Texas
The life of others
Beasts of no nation
Steve Zizou
Le salarie de la peur
Ikiru

Nah you two just don't understand human feelings.

4 layers?

Onions

>i've never seen a movie made before 1995
>dark knight is my favorite film
>other people must share my garbage taste

The Two Towers ending is really gets me going

Honorable mention to The Matrix

if you are over 12 years old you should be ashamed

my negro

Nah because i'm a casual. We don't live and breathe cinema especially when more movies are released each year than I could watch.

Everything named means nothing to me because it literally has no meaning beyond cinema.

scarface, like fight club, is a great film that was ruined by its fanbase

fuck yes. why was this ending so good?

Because
>Dat music
>Dem visuals
>The feeling that there's plenty of adventure and danger ahead for Frodor and Sam

I finished reading the book the other day so I posted a thread. It didn't take off. I don't know what to say about that. I surely don't.

This

you are the exact kind of dimwitted viewer the coens made the movie for. you are the butt of the joke

easy

such a dumb ending. a creepy, effective thriller turns itself into a meme for some basic bitch shock value.

so, congrats on being an incurious lout I guess? why post on a movie board if you clearly don't like movies?

It's not a boring art film or anything like that.

italian kino has really gone downhill. we'll never have the legends back.

wrong coens film

Who said I didn't like movies? The world isn't black and white and Sup Forums isn't your secret club. I like discussing movies, but i'm not an autist with ocd who lives and breathes cinema which is what you appear to be. Like I said I'm a casual. I have more than one interest and artistic expressions which is all movies/tv are, are near the bottom of my give a fuck list.

How has nobody posted this yet

Logan

wrong storm

not shitty version

the thing

youtube.com/watch?v=RtsTbX85lgo

Man that ending is pretty damn good

Sorry it didn't take off. I hope it goes better next time.

What movie?

Ben hur
cool hand Luke
heat

i understand brad pitt cant act and hes only a star for his face/voice/charisma

goddamn are you eleven years old? What the fuck

>people who haven't read the book always failing in their analysis of the film in every NCFOM thread.

How long do you get to count as an ending?

The good, The Bad and The Ugly ending is god tier.

Wow it's almost like the movie is an adaptation and not a direct translation over to another medium.