youtube.com/watch?v=2OZEimXRFIE
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg_rktk1fQc
youtube.com/watch?v=TfHE2-ezilU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meadow

GABAGOOL

youtube.com/watch?v=tXU-e37aL-I

best scene

i got bored about halfway through season 1. should i try and power through it? does it get better?

The show is about the development/dissolution of Tony's psyche with all the things going on around him. It's not a cliffhanger show. You shouldn't expect a thrill a minute. It's a character study. The biggest challenge most face in getting into The Sopranos is seeing the Mafia backdrop and expecting a gritty action and suspense drama in the vein of things like Goodfellas. The show is metaphor, subtext, and psychology. A second viewing helps one understand the process of Tony Soprano. Other characters are given as much care in how their situation defines them.

Tony, obviously.

First post, best post.

AJ went from an unlikable little shit kid to making me cry my eyes out in season 6

Well put, there's so many new things to pick up on subsequent viewings (I've done 5 already and I still find out little things).

>tfw no arc

That suggests to me that you don't like anything.

It gets boring in random lulls but not season 1.

>you enjoy the sopranos and retards do not

I've never felt so smug

why? what did he do? I forgot

Botched a suicide attempt and broke down in Tony's arms

The scene between him and Tony after he tries to kill Uncle Junior

>not Junior

Season 1 and first half of Season 2 AJ was great. Literally one of my favorite characters. As the show progress he got worse and worse until he was probably the third worst, Meadow being second and Janice being worst.

I still cried when he tried to off himself, but it was more for Tony and Carm, not so much him.

My nigga, someone finally agrees. Late series AJ's character is believable, but not interesting. People always mistake this for being good character building.

you don't understand Season 6 then, the whole show was Tony's show, but Season 6 was when we delve into his mind completely.
AJ, Junior, Paulie, Chrissy, Carm, Meadow, Sil they're all there to complement Tony, they're there so we can see what Tony is thinking, you aren't supposed to care about them

why did he help tony?

he liked the sandwichs

Terrorists>Mafia

I always found it unsettling how he can overcome an obstacle like cheating on his wife and feel proud of himself for becoming monogamous and just as soon dash it against the rocks and feel nothing of it.

he was a fan of the show

>firsh time i shee sopranos general I think, shit, goddamit it, just memes and paulie pointing, no good for Kim, I come from bane threads, only 'big guy' and 'for you' pffft worse than cunny posting. but now I become a shitty memer, the boss

woyd to da wise, remember pearl harbor

Quasimodo predicted all this.

Hodor

>I told you, I had the flu.
> I said my piece Chrissy!
youtube.com/watch?v=2OZEimXRFIE

Okay, on season 3 now, please, tell me that Janice is going to get killed at some point or at least get some form of retribution, I hate this fucking cunt so much.

WESS COH WELL

youtube.com/watch?v=Sg_rktk1fQc

OH!

you're gonna love Cold Cuts

youtube.com/watch?v=TfHE2-ezilU

Noah

You're both fucking plebs

better question, why and how did he and tony become friends

Vito

Are you retarded? He only petrended to have a deal, he gave tony info knowing he'd act on it in order to bust him. He says as such in the last episode.

The "Tony dies" theory is retarded. He gets busted by the feds.

tony wasn't anywhere near phil's murder

List your top five.

1) Whitecaps
2) Cold Cuts
3) The Strong, Silent Type
4) The Happy Wanderer
5) Pine Barrens

do you really think he'd give information that would likely lead to the death of a person while acting in his capacity as a fed?? are you retarded

>As a reference to the DeVecchio FBI case, upon hearing that Phil Leotardo was killed, Agent Harris jubilantly cries, "We're gonna win this thing!" This is a reference to former FBI supervisor R. Lindley DeVecchio, who said the same thing when he was told Lorenzo "Larry" Lampasi had been shot to death in front of his Brooklyn home.

It's clear he thought it'd lead to Tony getting indicted.

1. Kennedy and Heidi
2. Long Term Parking
3. Join the Club
4. The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti
5. Proshai, Livushka

that's interesting user, i had not heard that before

>ow
I literally just seen this scene. Spoopy

Eyy, my guma... she's a Russian broad... she likes it up the ass. Hehaha, am I right fellas?

Anything that has to do with Paulie and his mother/mothers

That final scene with him visiting his mom, and without a word sits down to watch tv with her, has got to be my single favorite scene in the entire show

When I came in to open one morning there you were with your head half in the toilet

Your hair was in the toilet water

Disgusting

>Spoopy
fuck off queer

She does indeed die on the inside

>and without a word sits down to watch tv with her,
maybe you should watch it again

Junior in my opinion

Well yea he asks her what she's watching, but at this point we've heard Paulie run his mouth so much that this is pretty much silent for him

>hey I've just come down here, you're one of Tony's friends, how is he doing?

>A LOT BETTER THAN THOSE FUCKIN NUNS YA GOT UP THERE

so what you're saying it the other post of yours was wrong?

you sure do care more about it than i do

weekly reminder this guy gets the final kill.

s1 really good
s2 really great
s3 still good
s4 going down
s5 getting desperate
s6 pleb tier filler trash.

love the way the shot pulls out of the window, it's like he finally found home

at least you were right about one thing

THAT'S ENOUGH GUARNERE!

>Its a carmela and furio episode.

be careful

Yeah

READ THE SHIT BACK FOR TWENTY YEARS

AND FIDDLE WITH THE AIR CONDITIONING

AND FUCKING BITCH AND COMPLAIN AND FUCKIN BITCH BITCH BITCH TO ME

TO YOUR PRIEST

FUCK IT

Dubs

OVUH HEEEEE-UHH

Hey Carmine, you hurt? That's too bad, you should be crippled ya fucking asshole

The FBI

Phil had the best arc all best the shortest of the characters

It's an honor to be joined here today by men... and not FAGGOT ASS CORNHOLIN' COCKSUCKERS LIKE MY BROTHER IN LAW.... HE SHOULD *FUCKIN* DIE!

hey look at this guy - hes better than everyone!

>I-I-am not gay I swear

Tony and Big Pussy, the funhouse episode is by far one of the best in the series. The worst is Vitos because it was just boring and i didnt want to hear about that shit

Vito's was the funniest just because of all the jokes about him.

>greasing the union

>READ THE SHIT BACK FOR TWENTY YEARS
I think it's "Free to sit back for twenty years"

>He was a Captain!
>Of the Good Ship Lollipop? The guy was a fuckin' disgrace.

I don't really understand why people hate Janice so much, and this is coming from someone who has an aunt that is just like Janice.

I enjoyed Paulies voice acting on Family Guy

He was that dog that replaced Brian when they killed him off for a few weeks.

If it'd been me that kid had been spreading rumours about, he'd have something up his own ass.... and I ain't talking about no cock neither.

>Who had the best arc?

The Members Only jacket guy in the final episode, who was clearly a relative of Eugene Pontecorvo when he obviously kills Tony Soprano in the diner in order to avenge Pontecorvo's suicide.

Hmmm......

if you think Chase would be so simplistic with his symbolism...

If you, and millions like you haven't been able to figure it out for nearly a decade, then it's not really so simplistic, is it?

>tfw everything you've heard is a lie
>tfw finally realizing the truth after all these years

Whether or not Tony died doesn't matter. What happens after the books ends is arbitrary. The themes and the meat lies between the pages. It would not change the series to know.

There was a reason the same jacket was used. And I'll lay money on the fact that it was not only the very same jacket out of wardrobe that Eugene wore, but that using it was done intentionally.

Take note that the first episode of the season, where Pontecorvo hangs himself, is titled "Members Only".

And it makes perfect sense. Soprano is so worried about being killed by real gangsters from NY, or traitors from his own ranks, but a non-connected relative of one of his lower minions? He never saw that coming.

It works so much better, in terms of the unexpected, that it came out of left field like that. And it's not "simplistic" by any means.

Very telling that the guy, who never uttered a word, was actually listed in the credits as "Man in Member's Only Jacket".

Actors don't usually appear in the credits unless they either have a speaking role, or their appearance in the production carries with it some special significance to the story.

David Chase here. You're wrong. All of you are wrong. This thread was brought to my attention by crafts on my latest project. Because I am sure none of you will believe it is the real David Chase I will now disclose the real truth: we had originally conceived to tack on 3 more minutes to that last scene. HBO wouldnt allow it. You're right about the member's only jacket man being Pontecorvo's cousin. However, his role wasn't assassinating Tony. He was going to save Tony's life. The point where the series "fades to black" was going to be when Tony choked on an onion ring. He would shout for Carmela to help him, or AJ, but his family would only look on in disbelief. AJ would begin to cry. Meadow is briefly shown thinking about her parking job with cuts to the car. His family would leave him to die as he stumbled about in the restaurant. This is when we see Member's Only consider saving him. The question I wanted to raise was where this man came from and his relation to Tony. I thought it would important for the person to save Tony to hold a grudge against him. Member's Only would perform the Heimlich on Tony, look into his eyes, and (the last line of the series) whisper 'Choose life". The jukebox would switch to a track by Simon & Garfunkel, "America" (remember the finale is entitled 'Made in America's) and the show would fade out on AJ sobbing over his Tony's collapsed body. I really wish we had been able to film this.

Right in the feels

i can die now with no regrets

YOU'RE A FUCKING DISGRACE!

DeVecchio was an FBI informant handler, who worked closely with mobster Greg Scarpa and had allegedly helped him out, including warning him about ongoing investigations and other informants as well as helping track down people to be hit. As Lampasi was on the opposite side of the mob conflict, DeVecchio was likely cheering for the Scarpa side with that statement, not for the government.

How long did he spend in the can? I can't remember.

Jersey? They're nothing more than a glorified crew.

I always took this as him cheering for Tony because he'd warmed to him and was 'on his side' in a way.