Im going to be in Germany for 2 weeks next march, what do I absolutely NEED to see and do?

Im going to be in Germany for 2 weeks next march, what do I absolutely NEED to see and do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wps_wPs8ZbE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the pic looks like France

Germans built France so it would make sense ;^)

Get raped lol
/thread

That's in Brazil, not Germany.

>what do I absolutely NEED to do

go back

rent a car and drive on the Nordschleife

Drink beer, eat bratwurst and drive on the autobahn I suppose.

Maybe all three at once if you're really adventurous,

Nice shoop of cs_italy

Rent a white van. You know what to do next.

The autobahn was kind of disappointing for me. Going 160 kph in a straight line is basically like being on a plane. Put some sharp curves and blind corners in, and it would be a blast.

You can go faster than that though, right? I assumed you could really stretch out the legs on that.

Some American roads aren't even far off from 160.. And for those who sometimes disregard the speed limit here, not that I would ever dream, you can do much faster than that here.

I couldn't go faster than that in the Golf I was driving. I think I hit 175 on some downhills, but that's about it.

Oh, well that's really lame.

Do a mosel / rhine river - wine region, castle, comfy town, original german food, palatinate forest tour.

The best driving experience I have ever had is on roads in the Scottish highlands. 70 mile per hour limit on crazy curvy narrow roads, many of which are only one lane with turnouts (although the sight distances are usually huge so it is pretty safe). You can essentially go as fast as traction will allow at all times.

Depends what you're into? Dresden, Heidelberg & Nürnberg were some of my favourite places to visit. Very pretty.

good 1.6 map

Heidelberg is a definite must. I studied abroad there so I am biased but I know a lot of Germans themselves hold that place in high regard. Definitely eat some currywurst and döner both German fast foods. Also if you can you should buy some of the 2 euro wine and 50 cent big beer cans not for the taste, but because you can buy that cheap alcohol there

my family and I are planning on driving through the highlands next summer I'm looking forward to it!

Heidelberg is god tier

Best kebab I ever had was in Germany. True story.

kek

>what do I absolutely NEED to see
The underside of a car boot.

>has booked a two week trip to Germany
>hasn't made any specific plans
>asks on Sup Forums
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

The pic is btw showing Rothenburg, where the famous German cannibal came from.

What kind of answers are you looking for to get here? You just can't drive around the whole country in these two weeks. Would be a big waste of time...

If you like the pic, then you should primarily visit Bavaria and see Nuremberg, Rothenburg, Munich (maybe even Dachau) and make a short trip to the alps or some of the lakes in Bavaria. And you could act like a Jap see some castles like Neuschwanstein.

If you want to see Berlin, because you're an ignorant tourist, then I will tell you that you should not be visiting this shit hole, at any cost.

If you like nature more than sightseeing, but hate Bavaria, then visit the Schwarzwald (black forest) in Baden-Wuerttemberg (in the South-West) or the Eifel in the southern part of North-Rhine-Westphailia respectively northern part of Rhineland-Palatinate (in the West). Both of these are nature reserves with beautiful landscape, vegetation and wild life. And you could see the Rhine / Moselle and make a boat tour, but that's rather boring. Seeing castles is also an option here.

If you like the sea and northern culture more, visit Hamburg or Bremen or one of the islands in the north sea, but that's just a meme. Hamburg also has the Reeperbahn, if you like this kind of tourism.

All in all, the biggest and most popular cities in no particular order are Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Leipzig, Bremen, Dresden, Hannover and Nuremberg.

My advise is to avoid the East at all costs and visit the South or West.

go to the alps. garmisch-partenkirchen is very pretty

Döner is definitely a must. They are already conquering the US with Döner fast food chains, which is a bit disgusting, though.

Regarding the Autobahn, watch this in preparation:
youtube.com/watch?v=wps_wPs8ZbE

Eat their sausages and drink their beer. That's what I usually do

Not recommended. Most insurance companies won't insure you while you're on this.

> Eat their sausages
> That's what I usually do
Bit bent

Actually, we have pretty good sausages here in Denmark, it's just that Germans sausage is bigger and taste better

>If you want to see Berlin, because you're an ignorant tourist, then I will tell you that you should not be visiting this shit hole, at any cost.
we don't like tourists anyway and you can fuck off

There is nothing to see in Germany desu.Just go to Italy or France

>tfw taking the time to respond to OP, but he doesn't appreciate it

Auchwitz

Probably because the thread was posted 7 fucking hours ago, Germanic intelligence at it's finest.

Fuck Berlin

cologne cathedral

My post was posted 5 hours ago, two hours after OP created this thread. He could have easily checked it again after leaving.
>murrican logic
>murrican trying to find the most retarded arguments

What's wrong with the East?

Americano education

Not enough quiona eating vegan hairy women in open relationships i assume

Thats not exactly a niché term and you still managed to murrica it up

>still major differences after more than a quarter century since the reunification
>they are much poorer than us despite us having to pay for them every month
>higher unemployment rate (although Germany as a whole is doing well)
>people are leaving the rural areas
>their dialects/accents are THE worst among all German dialects (this is an objective fact - that's why Klaus from American Dad is speaking Saxon in the dubbed German version)
>older people don't speak English and if they do, very poorly
>older people are romanticizing the times of the GDR
>many far right wingers among young people
>xenophobia while having the lowest percentage of foreign people
>much lower birth rates
>boring landscape apart from a few spots
>disgusting concrete blocks in some cities
>Berlin is the only capital of all western countries which doesn't make any profits and costs the whole country a huge amount of money
>Berlin has a disgusting "culture"
>Berlin has a high amount of hipsters and turks
>Berlin is a major failure and its only sightseeing spots are WW2 related things and the wall
>people in Berlin are too stupid to construct a working airport in 100 years

Is it true Germans love foreigners? What do Germans think of asians?

the girls will love you

Most of those are not problems to a tourist, how's Mecklenburg specifically?

I hope you aren't lying.

Hamburg