Why did Darth Vader cut off Luke's hand?

Why did Darth Vader cut off Luke's hand?

pottery

He wasn't happy about his son's masturbation habits

He was aiming for Luke's dick and swung too far up

Because he blew up his very expensive death star and killed millions.

vader was toying with him the entire duel

as soon as luke gets a lucky shot in on vader's armor, vader immediately dials it up to 10 and delimbs his opponent in about 3 moves later

alpha as fuck

because a galaxy far far away is actually hell

stop jerking off to your sister faggot

It was a metaphor for circumcision

his lightsaber basically is his dick considering that's the only action he ever had

Because their technology is advance enough that fully functional robotic limbs are a common thing

because Lucas stole ideas from Lord of the rings.
frodo lost a finger.
at-ats are oliphants
obiwan is gandalf
han solo is aragorn

cos he was getting too handy with that lightsabre

To disarm him

Currently watching the series for the first time in machete order and just finished Episode 3. Why does everyone hate the prequels so much?

I didn't watch Episode 1 but I liked Episode 2 and Episode 3 is probably my favorite so far.

Stop fapping to traps, Luke. Join the Dark Side.

but lotr is gay, and star wars is maximum comfy. of course im talking about the OT and Prequels.

Heartly chuckle.

He found out his son was using his lightsaber as a dildo and he couldn't allow that to continue.

This

But ACTUALLY this

He wanted his son to look like dad, if you catch my drift

he knew he was fapping to his sister

>han solo is aragorn
that's a bit of a stretch

yup

Because kid Anakin, Jar Jar, any dialogue between Padme and Anakin, very poor cgi sets (not all the cgi is bad, but that just makes the contrast to bad stuff worse)

3>1>2

>Why does everyone hate the prequels so much?
compared to the originals they were poor.
-and-
when you get to the disney wars you will see how poor they are compared to the prequels.

the demise of the franchise is a cyclical downward spiral.

Vader wanted Luke to feel the power of the Dark Side.

It's a bizarre order considering Episode 1 is much better than Episode 2.

>hands off thats my old lightsabre
"""""""""""""""literally"""""""""""""""

I always thought it was weird that Luke screamed like a little girl but Anakin got all four of his limbs severed and barely let out a grunt until he got lit on fire.

If you can't tell the difference between the prequels and the OT, then you are lost.

vader was that much more alpha

that's because Luke IS a little girl.

Vader/Anakin is the man we all aspire to be.

They weren't what people expected.

Uhhhh... dark side stuff, duh

Well yeah, people were expecting good movies

Jedi are trained to sever limbs in saber duels.

>Because kid Anakin, Jar Jar
Sounds like a problem with just Episode 1 since those aren't in 2 or 3 at all.

>any dialogue between Padme and Anakin
What exactly was wrong with it?

> very poor cgi sets
Seriously? The orginal trilogy was way worse. Also you can't take points away for effects when talking about older movies, that's just lazy.

>compared to the originals they were poor.
But I liked Episode 3 more than 4 and 5. That's exactly why I'm asking for REASONS why they're hated.

The argument is that Episode 1 doesn't really add much to the series and isn't really worth watching as a result.

well let's see, both of them are:
>dashing and courageous, willing to lay down their lives for their friends and lovers
>natural born leaders
>expert trackers and warriors, rangers who go their own way
>easily able to read others' emotions as well as their own
and both of them:
>turned away from the high life in favor of independence and following their hearts
>guide the hero, somewhat reluctantly at first , but later on with all their heart when they see the hero's intentions are pure
>speak several languages, seem more comfortable with different species than with humans
>split off from the hero in the second part of the trilogy
>fall in love with a princess who is off-limits, even though she loves him back

pretty clear where the inspiration was if you ask me

People were expecting alot more than that.

I hope you're grabbing the fan reconstruction of episode iv then. Probably the best way to enjoy the original. Look for the despecialized edition

Vader is so stupid. How do you go and cut off your son's hand and then try to be all "reunion time?" I know he loves stupid jokes but jeez.

The events may be the same but the characters are totally different.

>han solo is aragorn
Then Luke must be Faramir

2 is by far the worst. It's so skippable, I hardly ever watch it.

I just marathoned this movie. What did I think about it?

Does that make Leia Boromir?

He could sense he was a little cry baby like he was when he was young so he sliced that shit off right in his first battle so he could cry it out with his father and not some stranger

luke is frodo
lives with his uncle
gay wizard watches over him
joins a quest "only hope"
wizard comes back after death more powerful
loses hand on the edge of a chasm
rescued by a falcon when about to die

Because he though Luke was alright

Jr high algebra teacher had this poster in his room.
Shit was trippy.

anakin is just made of tougher stuff, compare his reaction to losing an arm in II vs dindu losing an arm in III

Most people hate them because they were a disappointment compare to the OT
Imagine just watching he OT and being excited for the prequels and then you get that
I also never really hated them as I watched them before the OT, and he'll I even like them, the setting and the clone wars are interesting

He had a good teacher. If you cut off your opponents dominant hand, they can no longer use their light sabre as well.

Because he was trying to disarm him and its Star Wars you can get a new hand easy peasy

I love how Luke just sticks his hand out there for Vader to swipe off like a dumbass.

to fulfill the family prophecy