What's the nicest/comfiest place to live in South America

what's the nicest/comfiest place to live in South America

All of them are shitholes.

Maybe rich places of Puerto Rico where you can get American citizenship.

Patagonia

puerto rico isn't a good option at the moment

But at least you can get American citizenship there.

Chile, Argentina and South Brazil are the only places you don't have to fear for you life every second you're outside.

Bullshit. South Brazil is a dangerous shithole. Argentina and Chile are also shitholes if you want to be a middle class immigrant

Bariloche. It's a bit touristy, but gorgeous. Nice climate too, IMO.

but middle class chile is comfy as fuck if you dont live in Santiago

Real Bariloche of hambrientina

The real questions is, can one live a comfy life in South America at 500 USD a month (net) as a pensioner?

What's the point of living in a house with private garden if you have 20 skyscrapers who can see directly into your garden?

Probably southern Chile

Only if you live in a kitnet alone forever

Some say Cuenca
I wouldn't know because i don't leave my house ever

Try Huaraz, Peru. Safe enough, cheap, pretty, good food. Chile/Argentina would be a stretch on 500 USD, but Peru or Bolivia would be doable.

"no"

>southern Chile

More than 28% of Chileans live below the poverty line there. Higher than Northern Mexico.

But their nature is British Columbia/Norway-tier

Um monte de aposentados portugueses e casais de homossexuais gringos vivem em Natal e em outras cidades praianas não muito grandes.
Se vc evitar as maiores cidades, principalmente o Rio, dá pra viver em paz.

no

reminder that the "south" of Chile spans like 2000 km.
Most of people here probably think of Patagonia when we say the south of Chile, thats normally called "zona austral" here

France.

yeah if but it will suck big time.

I would probably chose to stay here if I had so little money.

this

northwest argentine is cheap, safe and beautifull

What is the website people in your cunt go looking for places to rent? In the US they use Zillow and here there is ZapImoveis and Webimoveis.

Porto Alegre and Curitiba in South Brazil have unironically higher crime rates than most Colombian cities and Argentina is pretty dangerous compared to Ecuador, for example. Don't fall for the memes, hans. Try lurking more before posting ignorant shit

fincaraiz.com.co
metrocuadrado.com
MercadoLibre.com.co
olx.com.co

This stats are always bullshit, in my region there is 30% of poverty, 30% of the population live in rural area and 30% of the population identifies itself as Mapuche, so people have a good life, as long as they are not a anti-state mapuche who wants to live in isolation

patagonia

Here it would be impossible.

You could live with 500 USD a month but it would be a very shitty life.

>Literally run by jews
no wonder americans feel at home there.

the argie nortwhest has natural beauty, good for vacation, but not a nice place to live. infrastructure is africa-tier, the locals are ugly indios, and there's nothing interesting to do, besides hiking and sightseeing.

pic not related.

None of the answers here. You'll never know about it. That's one of the reasons it's the comfiest place. This applies to any country in the world really.

As of today, with $500 USD here living alone and with no help from anyone else, you'd be categorized as lower middle class. You'd struggle hard to make ends and won't have a decent live unless you have another source of income

How hard is it for a well educated guy who just begun university but speaks spanish ratter nicely to move to Colombia? I'm quite nervous about the outcome of the 2018 elections and I'm looking for another place to live

Also what are the mid/low range neighborhoods in medellin?

Medellin has always been run by Basques and sephardies, The whole northern coast has always been run by the lebanese and even israelí jews who, only god knows why, ended up immigrating here

Yeah, listen to a guy that's never been to any of those places.

The lebanese are honorary jews

I want to live in Rio or Salvador de Bahia

Monthly rent in a decent neighborhood runs $400-$700 USD range cross the country and you can always get a roommate to share expenses with. However, why on fucking earth would you move to the shithole that is Medellin? Try the capital (Non subhuman weather) or maybe Bucaramanga, which is what peak performance looks like in this country

I've been to Ecuador, but not to South Brazil. I've been tho Sao Paulo tho and it felt safe outside downtown. Anyways, why do I need to go to those place when I can just read statistics instead?

I'm still searching around, as a brazilian I can get a 5 year resident visa without even having a job or the intent to move to colombia, for about 500USD I should be able to get a Visa before the election just in case there is a massive influx of people fleeing the cunt

Uruguay

Yes man, as I said earlier, $500/month is enough as long as you're sharing expenses with someone else. If you're on your own you're done with such a low amount. Thankfully for you,, there are lots of companies looking for bilingual personnel (ES-PT) and even better if you're trilingual (Like probably in your case) you'd be earning in the vicinity of $800-$900 USD/month and even more depending on your career

who makes you nervous?

If Lula wins, I'm out, he's gonna turn Brazil into big Venezuela and I gotta move before they kick us out of Mercosul like they did with our neighbours in the north. my sister is moving to Chile regardless of the result, but she is way more qualified than I am though, she has a degree in International economy and its learning her fifth language.
By this time next year when the elections take place I will have barely scratched the surface of my university course and I only speak three languages + in order to move there for work I would need about 3/6 months to study advanced spanish and local vocabulary.
I'm studying in a university that theoretically is better than any Colombian institution so it shouldn't be hard to get a transfer. Do you have to pay for colege there?

El Salvador.

>Do you have to pay for colege there?
Yes, If you're looking for free college, then Argentina is probably your place

> I'm studying in a university that theoretically is better than any Colombian institution
I assume you study at Unicamp, USP or URJ, amirite? With a degree from any of those universities, I'm damn sure you could easily land a high paid job easily

You do are right. The problem is how long it will take me to finish the course, I still have around 4 years to go, that's more than enough for Lula to destroy the cunt. I've looked into Argentina, I considered La Plata and Buenos Aires, but the place is not doing very well either. I guess I'm just gonna hope he looses the election, make a T15 visa for Colombia, study here until the conditions are unbearable and then move.

Leave South America, man. Don't believe in special snowflakes, all these places are shitholes. My cousin is living in Tampa, Florida and he could get a new house and a new car only seeling cosmetics.

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck my man. I know several Brazilians here. We even played Futbol 5 like 2 weeks ago. They're good lads and if you can transfer your credits I highly suggest you to attend either Andes University, Universidad Nacional ( quite a few Br's here) or Javeriana University. I was planing to do a semester at a university in Santa Catarina, whi is offeredas an exchange option by my university. it's that one or Spain

>Don't believe in special snowflakes
> Proceeds to mention the biggest of Snowflakes
The only good answer is Australia and Probably Canada. Europe is overrated af, just like the US

Well, here Cuenca or Loja are nice and safe places

M E D E L L I N

KEK Bogota is a shithole, i was there for like 1 month and came back 2 weeks ago, it was absolute shit, the traffic is inhuman, public transportation is the worst garbage possible, it's too expensive but doesn't really have anything of quality, everywhere outside the north is filled with slums, the weather is shit and it always rains at worst hours, fuck it, i could keep going but you get the point

And Bucaramanga is literally the same as Medellin with no metro and less things to do

>the shithole that is Medellin? Try the capital (Non subhuman weather)
but it's the city of eternal spring?
it was quite nice while I was there
every day was around 21-23c

anything above 20°C is not suitable for a human being, my melanin rich friend

>everywhere outside the north is filled with slums
objectively not true. This only applies to the south and in way less proportion than Slumdellin. Slums are almost non-existent in the west and east. learn your place m8