Thoughts/opinion on True Detective? I finished it a few days ago...

Thoughts/opinion on True Detective? I finished it a few days ago, literally one of the best things my eyes have ever seen

i was just a regular type guy

Season 1 was good, but the ending was retarded.
Season 2 was boring in the beginning but got good toward the end.

What about the ending did you not like?

First season was GOAT. Woody was GOAT. Mathew McC was GOAT.

2nd season was dreadful.

Assuming that each couple has three children, an original pair’s cumulative descendents over ten generations amount to 88,572 people. That constitutes a lot of pointless, avoidable suffering. To be sure, full responsibility for it all does not lie with the original couple because each new generation faces the choice of whether to continue that line of descendents. Nevertheless, they bear some responsibility for the generations that ensue. If one does not desist from having children, one can hardly expect one's descendents to do so

Give this a try if you're wanting another Twin Peaks/True Detective-ish spooky murder mystery.

Called "The Valley" in most English speaking countries.

Plebs detected. Season 2 is kino.

Yes? the ending was one of my favorite parts, what didn't you like about it? and yes Im OP when I say I watched it I meant the first season only, don't really care enough about season two to watch it since I've heard is bad, would love anyone to show and prove that wrong though.

Is it?

I gave up after 3 eps. Chemistry was shit between Farrell and the fat guy.

whats the plot

wiki is in some muslim language

first season was great but was kind of a let down towards the end

second season tried to tell too much and it felt like the first 4-5 episodes were still just introducing the characters and by the end you still don't care about any of the characters

Man with amnesia wakes up in a vineyard next to a dead woman in some hick town filled with freaks in the boony part of Germany. He subsequently finds the girl, but she's alive. She then gets murdered not long after, appearing in the way he described her to the townspeople.

It starts a bit slow, but gets good a couple of episodes in.

Season 2 was supposed to be about "the secret occult history of U.S. transportation" and they completely cut that element out of the final product.

The ending rubbed me the wrong way for a long time, and still kind of does. It works thematically in that it gives the protagonists a happy ending (the bitter and jaded one finds some spirituality to help him get through life, and the fallen from grace one gets to do his bit to reclaim some personal glory and rebuild his friendship with Cohle).

Some good books about cults?

Just watch Hannibal

No. Plebs always say it is but never actually tell you why.

Yes it is. Season 1 was good but season 3 had the better dialogue and tension imo.

Season 1 is for fans of Seven/Girlw/dragontat
Season 2 is for fans of LA Confidential

I loved the cultist/satanic side of Louisiana in this series and Resident Evil 7, are there more movies or series with this theme?

There's a season 3?

No that I know of, he probably just made a typo

skeleton key is the only one I can think of

Typo yeah sorry bud. I'd like there to be season 3. The producers showed quite a bit of courage with such a departure in setting and story for season 2 with how well the first season was received.

I'd just like to see them go out on another limb and do something noticeably different from the first 2.

Maybe set in Pacific NW a la Twin Peaks?

Just thought Cohle going all christfag at the end sort of ruined it.

>Pleb
What!? I liked Season 2. Just thought it got off to a slow start.

>it's a pizzoclaliti plagiarizes Ligotti episode

Yes.

>Brendan Fraiser investigates #Pizzagate