Mysterious Bad Guy Trope

why does Hollywood always push this meme.

>I am an antagonist so I have an ambiguous worldview that we never explain to the audience and I do bad stuff to people.
>the ambiguity of my philosophy justifies keeping my character mysterious so my creators don't have to waste time giving my character any depth or development

Only Hannibal is a good actor.
old country for old men was the most stupid shit I ever saw in my life. The ending where they skipped over the protagonist's death made me want to vomit. Of course sheeple will say omg omg it was sooo artsy, nah bitch that shit was retarded and youre retarded for liking it, fuck you

Weak bait, this would maybe work on Reddit

ANNNND leangan (negan) is fucking horrbble, negan was a fucking P.E. teacher and buff as fuck

the lanklet jeffrey dean morgan is not only a shitty actor but he is soooo tiny compared to what negan really is. that mofo buff as fuck!

Negan's worldview is pretty obvious. Beat people into submission until most people can live under some sort of order.

Because people are like this IRL

fuck you nigger, go back to lededdit. You are one of those faggots who say "omg omg it was sooo artsy"

fuck off that movie.actor was horrible

Anthony Hopkins ftw

How was it artsy? I've never heard that shit before from anyone. The good guys die sometimes, of course sheeple want a typical dramatic death scene like every movie

>I base a character's quality on the male physique

Be less gay pls

Evil needs no explanation.
Not everything needs a capeshit backstory.
Billy Bob in Fargo season 1 is perfect.

>artsy

>being afraid of a skinny-fat balding man
can you be any more beta?

Negan is badass get over it.

What? Are you implying I think Negan's a good character? He's shit. But I tend to focus on trivial things like "acting" and "script" instead of ogling his body. To each his own, queer.

Lets pretend stephen hawking is the greatest actor of all time

would he make a great villain just because he acts well?

no you fucking pleb, he has to play the part visually as well

negan does play the part visually you cuck, he has everyone done even to his stature. you people just hate Negan because you love hating what people find awesome and sorry folks. Negan's awesome. your just jelly because youll never own a group of 300+ people and all the bitches that youll ever want at your desire.

>implying a man stuck on a wheelchair with a frozen face and a robotic voice doesn't seem menacing

xD

I love Negan (from the comics)

Jeffery dean morgan looks fucking retarded

JDM acts fucking retarded

JDM is a fucking shit tier actor

I mean if you like a dude who leans and talks rreeeaallllly sllooow and has the body frame of a middle aged soccer mom, sure its super good and sp00ky

not me bro not me

>there are people on this world butthurt about Show Negan being a little shorter than Comics' Negan, but were silent about Movie Wolverine being way taller than Comics Manlet Wolverine

Guy you responded to here. Focusing on the visuals of acting is entry level man. Now I don't disagree with you, JDM could pack on some pounds, but you have stated nothing but the visual representation as arguments as to why the character is bad. It makes you come off as a pleb and I'd like you to cite other reasons beyond what you see.

Fuck, we're discussing a shitty role on the shittiest show and trying not to sound like plebs, it's a futile effort.

>kek
>beat me to it

oh trust me, i was just talking to my gf yesterday when we watched logan (introduced her to xmen about a month ago) on how pissed I am that they made wolverine 6 fucking 4

the whole appeal and fear of the wolverine was hes this small buff ass manlet who you would look past but will fuck you up instantly

REEEEEEEE

I dont see him like that but hey man thats cool thats your opinion. I think he does the role just fine, I never read the comics but I know all about how he gets imprisoned and shit, I wish theyd just skin him in front of all of the communities like the prison cell shit is bullshit, dat nigga killed abe, fuck glenn but he killed ABE

>I wish theyd just skin him in front of all of the communities like the prison cell shit is bullshit, dat nigga killed abe, fuck glenn but he killed ABE
So you would trade the greatest story of redemption the world has ever seen for justice on Based Abe and the Asian dude!?

in the comics dwight kills abe with a random ass xbow shot

another time they fucked over negans backstory, he killed a gook and like 2 women no one cared about, but THATS IT

and the show fucks it all up

yes I would, only because I know its not gonna come out right. did anyone watch this shit last week? that rosita and sasha story was so autistic.... but your right user I guess this redemption story where he like goes and fights the whisperers would be cool but idk something says it will come out like how they tried to pull off the carl and negan confrontaion at his compound... just fucking cringworthy or it will be great who knows

>mysterious bad guy
>3 of the 4 give philosophy speeches before they kill you

are you talking about who he killed in the comics? "gook refering to glenn? lol xD anyway clint eastwood; yeah then they changed that death to the fat chick because they knew that that abe death was gay. did anyone also find morgan choking richard to be just downright stupid? he fucking said he would lead them into battle (basicaly martying himself for the group) but morgan doesnt see this as full redemption of his actions with this fucking melon.... who writes this shit?

hes' right you know. now if we wanna make fun of 2D characters that are supposed to be "menacing" lets laugh at Jason, Micheal Myers, Alien 3... I could go on

He does Negan gr8, gr8 b8 m8
That was dumb

>daily reminder that Anton Chigurh never existed and was purely the imagination of a retiring sheriff (Jones' character) who was unable to cope with the existence of the emerging cartels in the 1980s. Sheriff Bell could only visualize the seemingly pointless, but brutal, actions of the Cartels as the work of a single evil man because that was the law he knew, the idea of an organized group of people committing the crimes in the movie/novel were too difficult for him.

"that was dumb" are you just stating that my entire piece of conversation was just "dumb"? wow bro your a douche lol

or do you mean the whole melon ordeal?

not clint eastwood but yeah EXX DEE mate

my girl is SE asian, laotian, a GOOK so if I can call my waifu a gook I can call glen a fucking gook

but yes after morgan broke his no killing meme i stopped, still have not watched last sundays episode. fuck I said i would quit when they ruined michone's back story and had her get with rick instead of a loner who fucks morgan/eziekial and lives like a pirate on a ship

>yes im drunk but im mad

yeah man this show I am watching at this point just to see how this fucking shit ends, like is it gonna go to 10 seasons or fucking what? its gonna get to a point where everyone will know around the world when the next season starts every year like a goddamn holiday. idk man.... season 5 was cool and then to me it just got fucking whackier and whackier and whackier... yo your girls from los? lol like king of the hill? rofl thats fucking awesome lol "are ya chinese or japenese?" " im from LOS!"

hahahahahaha

when ever i show my girl connie from KOTH she laughs and says only rice farmers are that brown skinned (shes really really pale)

lol theyre probably brown skinned on the show from texas sun lol, yeah Khan on that show makes me fucking die of laughter everytime he shows up flaunting his shit. theres one scene in particular I still remember after all these years where Khan is bragging about his new SUV and that shit is gold lol

hahaha and then he crashes into his garage, damn i love KOTH 10/10 that shit is funny as fuck

>mike judge is the real hero here

It's supposed to be self explanatory. If you know the mystery then it isn't mysterious. Killing people because they're not good and the world would be better without them.

His height isn't an issue since he's like 6'2, it's the fact he's skinny as fuck

who are you quoting you dumb fuck

>I need everything explained to me
I thought at this time of day all the Americans are still asleep

It is. Best time Tbh

>t. American

In thecomics they even recently had a scene where he talks about how he claimed authority because he saw that he was the only person around dedicated to survival. He saw all these people getting killed by not thinking logically, and decided the best way to keep them safe and in line was through fear. He acknowledges that Rick's group were all survivors, and he admires a lot of them, and Rick has convinced him that there is a better way forward than tyranny.

Negan is probably the only reason I'm still reading the comics, he's full of surprises

appearance has a massive influence on how people are perceived you pretentious nerd, on top of that it has to realistically reflect the position they're in, so obviously it plays a crucial role in the portrayal of any character

>Tony Soprano being played by a scrawny beta instead of a hulking robust fat guy
>Don Draper played by some ugly nerd instead of a handsome guy
>Tyler Durden being played by an out of shape balding slob

etc etc

> he's full of surprises

until Kirkman doesn't know what else to write and comes up with Governor 3.0

Still waiting for Rick to die, time jumnp and Carl takes over the narrative

The pig.
Language.

Hes meant to have muscle to make him more threatening, how is he meant to be a convincing threat when his own men look like they could overpower him in a fight