I can't even describe how ready I am.

Ewan McDonald? Fuck yeah.

i don't recognize him in both characters

>Michael Stuhlbarg
Just take my fucking money

getting Big Lebowski / early-00s-Coens vibes from this one

>David Thewlis

Confirmed kino

If this is Big Lebowski and the first season was Fargo, what was season 2?

Reddit.

This. Where's my GoT trailer?

will they be able to top best waifu though?
youtube.com/watch?v=VnIgfJz6N3E

>that scene where Charlie Gerhardt is trying to decide whether to shoot her as well as Ed or give up on the hit while Pink Floyd's "On The Run" plays in the background
K I N O

Fuck off retard

>GoT trailer
even more reddit

See

Miller's Crossing + The Man Who Wasn't There

S1 was Fargo + No Country For Old Men

I mistook him for Hugo Weaving

>I don't like thing
>"LE REDDIT LOL LMAO"

stop using le reddit card, it sounds pathetic

now I want to see Hugo Weaving in a season of Fargo. what does he even do these days?

I just had an orgasm

t. reddit

there's literally nothing wrong with reddit t. reddit user

Can someone explain this show to me? I haven't watched it, but if it's just the film Fargo as a TV show doesn't it have the most awful fucking pacing in the history of TV? Fargo is a pretty short story, how the fuck do you drag this over 3 seasons? Or is this not actually Fargo

It's just set in the Fargoverse, it's not the same story

different stories in the same continuity
first season has some minor crossover with the movie

My comment has nothing to do with the show. It's to do with the replies.

Oh, i see.
Isn't the female police officer the same from the film though? Also, probably pointless to ask this in a thread about the show but is it actually good?

>Isn't the female police officer the same from the film though?
No
>is it actually good?
No, it's great.

he makes a valid point

star in oscar winning films like hacksaw ridge

>Michael Stuhlbarg

oh true
looks like he's mostly been in aussie stuff recently

Fucking great cast.

Really hoping that they're not going to overdo that piss filter. It made sense in S2 because of the time period, but I miss seeing all the blues in S1.

What's the premise for this season?

it may be an allusion to the Coens' use of color grading in their early-00s stuff, which this season will inevitably fall closer to given the time period (and the fact they've already done Fargo)

Set in 2010, the third season centers on “Emmit” and his slightly younger brother “Ray Stussy” (both played by Ewan McGregor). Emmit, the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story, whereas Ray is more of a cautionary tale. Forever living in his more successful brother’s shadow, Ray is a balding and pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt – and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cut-throat competitive bridge. Carrie Coon stars as “Gloria Burgle,” the steady chief of the local police department. A newly divorced mother, Gloria is trying to understand the new world around her, where people connect more intimately with their phones than with the people around them. Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars as Ray’s girlfriend, “Nikki Swango,” a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge. David Thewlis stars as “V.M. Vargas,” a mysterious loner and true capitalist whose bosses plan to partner with Emmit, whether “The Parking Lot King” likes it or not.

We don't deserve this kino

Hawley said he wants each Season of fargo to be like a chapter in a big ass true crime book.
Ultimately i think he said he wanted 10 chapters
Like the movie was chapter 4, season 1 was chapter i, and season 2 was chapter 3. Or something like that. So i assume this new season is chapter 9.

>chapter i
I meant chapter 8

I am excited for my boy Goran. The guy on the left gets all the prime eastern european pussy,it's crazy how actors are popular here.

yeah, we also know chapter 1 is set in 1825

and im also sure that since hawley said that, the chapter numbers have changed given what we saw in the book, because that puts the beginning of season 2 as chapter 14.

>reddit: season 3

yeah no thanks

>asian actors

laughingdondraper.jpeg

god I love this show

>Fargo and True detective come on at the same time
>everyone calls true detective reddit and Sup Forums has the comfiest fargo livethreads
>season 2 of TD bombs amd reddit had nothing to obsess over
>Fargo still gling strong
>h-haha looks like reddit to me!!

Yeah, but they said they're not going any further back than the 70s because of how expensive period pieces are.

true detective was plebby trash
fargo is a meme show taylor made for reddit

Western style would be cheap.

Is that a real book? Where can I get one?

HAPPENING IT LOOKS SO DAMN GOOD FUUUCK

Its just made for the show

small promos
youtube.com/watch?v=9lVielc4G_8

Maybe, I don't know how much of those expenses go towards renting out appropriate cars (which season 2 needed a lot of) but I think we'll probably see an 80s or 90s set season first.

But can they top the police station siege episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=inhZ3ZXq89c

k i n o

youtube.com/watch?v=5aWQg60wg5c

youtube.com/watch?v=vo-YlLuOACI

Predictions for connections to the previous seasons?

Mew is such a shitty actress

Kino

My guess Molly will make an appearance, not sure about Gus and her father.
There's a huge possibility that the deaf hitman will make a cameo or recurring role.
I want Mike Milligan as an old man to make an appearance but I doubt he will.

>Taylor made
If Taylor Swift took a long time to fix clothes she'd be tailor slow

Basically it lifts entire plotlines and characters directly from the Coen Brothers' oeuvre, see and, as well as aping their entire visual aesthetic, and proceeds to tell terrible stories with aspirations of grandeur that reveal a thorough misunderstanding of what makes the movies its ripping off work beyond the superficial. And then everyone goes nuts for it because they're told its smart.

amazing.
i usually say season 1 was better than 2 but its gotta be because i havent watched it since premier.

>Basically it lifts entire plotlines and characters directly from the Coen Brothers' oeuvre,
false
>as well as aping their entire visual aesthetic
true
> and proceeds to tell terrible stories with aspirations of grandeur
false
>that reveal a thorough misunderstanding of what makes the movies its ripping off work beyond the superficial.
true
>And then everyone goes nuts for it because they're told its smart.
true

Dat cast
Dem waifus

Got dam

One and three are the opposite of false.

really false?

literally kys

Michael (((Stuhlbarg)))

dropped

Pseudo Lester Nygaard, Marge Gunderson, Anton Chigurh, Walter Sobchak, etc., would like a word with you.

>carrie coon in leftovers season 3
>carrie coon in fargo season 3

I love that bitch

Don't know why but this somehow looks cheap. Maybe it's that disgusting yellow filter.

lester nygaard?

you mean jerry lundegaard?

her nude scene in leftovers season 1 was awesome too

No because that's a blatant and obvious ripoff which Fargo is clearly above.

>mfw I wanted Charlie Gerhardt to shoot her right in the fucking face to bring all her Camus spouting full circle

Holy shit boys, I'm calling it now. This will be the best season yet! I'm sure all you MEWfags are super excited as well.

So is Ewan gonna be playing two different characters? That's what the trailer made it seem like but I haven't been keeping up with the news about this season.

>being this wrong

Sup Forums was obsessed with TD and that was only amplified thanks to episode 4 and the long take. That was the turning point for TD tho, when it became too popular for Sup Forums and crossed the threshold into reddit territory. There was no competition between TD and Fargo during that first season, at least here most anons were obsessed with comparing and forcing comparisons between TD and Hannibal.

the live threads for both were breddy comfy, but tbf lads, they were the epitome of reddit, same as GoT and TWD live threads, and BrBa threads from back in the day.

the only kino live threads were Boardwalk Empire live threads

I think it's the different style they're going for.
I heard the producers admitted that this season won't be as violent and "big budget" like the previous installments. That's probably why it has a smaller cast too.

Well, it looks that way. Honestly I'm not impressed so far and looks like Asylum films or whatever they're called tried to make a Coen brothers rip off.

That's Hawley's trademark cheapo we'll make it look "stylish" and "Coen-y" in post schtick.

Can't even remember a coen movie with a yellow filter except No Country for old Men maybe and there it makes somewhat sense because mexico and whatnot. But a show that's supposed to be set in the snowy north? White and yellow don't go along that well.

please me the same user.
i need to know im not the only one around from the 2014 livethreads.

jerry lundegaard is the character in the movie bro.

every other character you listed was from a coen movie. then you listed lester nygaard from the tv show. not sure what you were going for.

>mfw Fargo next month and Twin Peaks the month after

Oh shit really? Jerry Lundegaard is from the movie? How could I get that confused with Lester Nygaard because they are two completely different characters entirely?

at least you finally admitted you were wrong

>jerry is a pussy pushover who pays two guys to kidnap his wife and then tries to weasel and squirm his way out of his situation, only to get caught.
>Lester was a pushover who had an awakening, proceeded to take control of his life, and got all the success he wanted, and died fighting for his freedom.
the only similarity is that they had goofy accents.

Already looks better than S2

>everyone calls true detective reddit
Nope. I came here a year after TD S1 and it still had regular threads.

Is Twin Peaks related to Riverdale?

>incompetent idiot in over his head but ultimately didnt want anything bad to happen to anyone

>incompetent idiot who god fed up with being seen as an incompetent idiot and turned into a calculating, malicious criminal, but who in the end was still in over hid head and paid for it much worse than jerry

if you think lester is anything other than Hawley dangling bait in front of retards like you saying "look at this character whose name sounds like jerry lundergaard, i bet he'll be the same as jerry!" "oooh just kidding they turn out totally different in the end, good thing you watched my fucking show!" then you are just as dumb as i initially thought

anton and malvo are only similar in that they are very dangerous hitmen, literally nothing else is shared

who are you saying walter is like, the lawyer from season 2? good thing he was a minor character and they had totally different functions

marge ill give to you

And that they were both pussy pushovers that hated their lot in life and resorted to doing something criminal in order to change it with the aid of a hit man or two and ultimately ended up worse off because of it. And their names both end in -gaard. But two completely different characters you're right.

the ending to that episode still gets me. im going to go watch it right now

That accent from MEW was SHIT

i want to suck obi wans dick

looking mighty good

i hope it's not as overwrought as s2

>yowh trahp-T

i fucking LOVE this guy from that one line alone

>if you think lester is anything other than Hawley dangling bait in front of retards like you saying "look at this character whose name sounds like jerry lundergaard, i bet he'll be the same as jerry!" "oooh just kidding they turn out totally different in the end, good thing you watched my fucking show!"

That's Fargo in a nutshell, dangling ripped off bait in front of retards. Thank you for making my point.

Anton and Malvo are both demonic borderline-supernatural (or in the case of the hacky television show actually supernatural) hitmen who are meant to represent forces of nature. But literally no similarities there either.

The lawyer from season 2 is Walter, he's not "like him". Good thing he was a minor character and they had totally different functions, otherwise it would just be another lazy shuffling of Coen Brothers bingo that serves no purpose other than name brand recognition.

Thanks for giving me Marge, good thing they only did it with her.