What is up with Pokemon Go? I heard it can spy you in your house and use you for geolocalization purposes

What is up with Pokemon Go? I heard it can spy you in your house and use you for geolocalization purposes
pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyhole,_Inc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Geospatial-Intelligence_Agency
nga.mil/Pages/Default.aspx
thehackernews.com/2016/07/uh-oh-pokemon-go-grants-itself-full.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump help plox

niggers use it to lure kids and white nerds outside and then take their phone and money

You are absolutely correct. The developers are also not the people that normally work on Pokemon who are called GameFreak.
The developer of Pokemon GO is Niantic Labs and they have ties to the CIA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyhole,_Inc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Geospatial-Intelligence_Agency

interesting do you more about this?

The developers Niantic Labs have done something similar to this before. They had another AR game called Field Trip and it was an attempt to map out the US in the form of an app.
The game would run in the background and use your GPS and if you went near a landmark. Essentially tracking you at all times and on top of that people could fill in their own landmarks and name them whatever they want which helps to map out the world for them.

This information is still in their database they essentially just copy pasted them into this game. That is why you get some very odd names for some of the landmarks such as pic related.

oy vey
i knew not to download this thx user for info

anything else?

>owning a smartphone

No problem man. Try to spread it around if you can. We need to really get this thing out there I think it is a great way to red pill normies and it's a shame so many people on this board are being useful idiots with this game.

This is all I know unfortunately. Hopefully the rest of Sup Forums can help out and get a decent infographic or something going so we can get the word out. All my friends are playing it and it kinda hurts to see.

It hurts to be ensnared by the PokéJew and not even get in on Nintendo stock before the stock exploded.

so what's the problem?

they are going to have more accurate maps?

>tfw the CIA can make a more popular game then Nintendo

>tfw the power of weaponized Manchildren has been shown

The fuck happened to this world?

Is the gameplay same with the original Pokemon series?

I mean grinding,evolution,gym battles,finding HM are still in there or just people walking and waiting for the game to roll a pokemon in front of them

I believe you, only maybe you could elaborate? I don't quite understand how this surveillance works and specifically what uses the govt. would have in this surveillance. (I have never played the game (I am not a gamer))

even by just having a smartphone these days you're already tracked. Your windows PC is tracked. Your apple products are tracked. Everything digital is tracked.

As much as i agree with this thread. There's really not much you can do about it.

Herd mentality will win over any logic. You'll be labeled a nutter or crazy. But by all means, try to spread the word around if you want to.

More accurate data on you. The app uses your GPS to track you and records data on your movement. It also pulls a fuckton of information off your phone when you first download it.

To more directly respond to your point though if they put a Pokemon down anywhere then a bunch of useful idiots will go there and scan it with their phone turning on the video and giving them a better image of the location. If you are fine with working for the government for free then you be my guest.

For the terrorists.

Not as good as original. Helps if your friends are in the same team as you. Stroll your neighborhood, collect items, catch pokes, and control territory via gym ownership. It's like joining a gang for white people.

Have you ever read any End User License Agreement for any software/hardware you use?

They can all do that.

Every keystroke is being recorded, analyzed, and sold for the glory of Mammon.

This is one of the reasons we need to praise kek, to fight the other gods warring for souls.

10+ years ago if you mentioned an implanted RFID tracking chip to someone they'd start screaming about fascism and the mark of the beast. Now people voluntarily carry around their trackers and pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege besides.

Turns out all you needed to do for people to submit to 24/7 surveillance was to make the tracker facebook-enabled.

See my post here

So if they need surveillance, they place a Pokemon where needed and a bunch of people point their live feeds at it ... holy hell

I used a packet capture on my phone and analyzed the traffic coming from the niantic beta Ingress app back in like 2013......strange protocols were in there

nga.mil/Pages/Default.aspx
You could sift through their news if you want.

Pretty much only an operating system or a web browser would ever see anything worth phoning home about in the first place.

Just stay away from Google Chrome and Windows 10 (and disable the backported telemetry on other versions) and you should be good, unless you have some other virus.

Which browser should I use that isn't Firefox?

What's wrong with furryfux?

I bet you even this site does it.

If not directly than someone is caching the data from this site and analyzing it for some reason.

Learning how we talk is invaluable in the development of A.I. The end goal is to figure out how we think.

So Americans came up with this shit?

Feels good man.

It's been ruined for years by shitty updates, and its memory management system isn't able to keep up with the increasing complexity of the internet.

The app arranges couples by placing some valuable pokemons near each other so the people will meet there. It's next level eugenics, lads.

That's pretty fucked up t b h.
However, do you really think the CIA/FBI don't have more effective methods for espionage?

kek
Do you honestly think that your GPS receiver on your smartphone is not geo tagging you everywhere you go. Even if you don't "allow it".
ffs

Kek! Take a look at their FAQ. I guess everyone using Pokemon GO is a terrorist.

Eh, I use ABP+element hider aggressively to nuke all the pointless bullshit companies love to bog down their pages with. It really does make sites load literally orders of magnitude faster.

Anyway, I've heard good things about Pale Moon, but I haven't tried it.

You should use dillo on openbsd.

>Eh, I use ABP+element hider
You need to start using uBlock. It's like ABP, but way better.

>Anyway, I've heard good things about Pale Moon, but I haven't tried it.
It's the same shitty engine, so just as useless.
No thanks.

>>Eh, I use ABP+element hider
>You need to start using uBlock. It's like ABP, but way better.

ABP makes it easier to effectively block page elements and scripts and such. The actual ad blocking is only a small factor in improving internet performance.

the whole world is burning

bumping thread for more info

> bumping thread for more info

Compulsive smartphone users complaining about privacy are like nudists complaining about all the people looking at their tits. That's all the info you need.

>14
>88
Kek

This is scary, im never using a camera again

Stingray phone tracker

>using add ons to block ads

git gud fags

>tfw the phone I have is stolen and only use it to listen to audio books at work
Pokémon GO will be dead by the end of the month. Remember back on 2011 when FourSquare was all the rage?

What fuck is up with all these niggers recently wearing hijab and cap sleeves?

This shit isn't anything new

It's still exploding. 8%, 25%, 12% in the last 3 days.

Last Friday was when you should have pulled the trigger. That shit exploded in popularity, and more importantly all the articles about it and it's popularity came out over the weekend.

You had 2 days to figure it out. 37% since then.

Oh well. You'll learn.

Just make sure you haven't granted it full access to your account OP: thehackernews.com/2016/07/uh-oh-pokemon-go-grants-itself-full.html

It also has access to documents and emails(Pretty much anything on your phone)

>hey user, why not give us a constant stream of your day-to-day activities everywhere you go

>t. not-google

What could possibly go wrong by using this app?

Wow is that a magikarp

no its animal like you

>I heard it can spy you in your house and use you for geolocalization purposes

Like literally every other fucking app that asks for those permissions?

well this is practically free

its literally nothing

and it only affects the iOS version

some idiot developer tagged ALL the permissions on the iOS app.

Was probably a novice iOS developer and didn't know what permissions were technically needed, so he just opened the flood gates.

This can happen with literally any app you kids download.

if you load the google permissions page after using the android version literally nothing related to pokemon go shows up (unless you downloaded the virus filled APK).
>le field trip meme
This is the same company that created google earth, i'm sure they have a lot more info on you than you realize.

This is literally the same as google using recaptcha but you don't bitch about unpaid wages.

HAHAHAHA

thats literally the virus filled APK

mine only needs camera, GPS, and contacts

you fucked up hard user, some 12yo probably has your bank information now

Source on pic?