A pity they let the old punishments die. Was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons...

>A pity they let the old punishments die. Was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming.

Perhaps one can bring that old school punishment back by forcing a victim to watch one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Man, Willie Nelson is hardcore

le boring copypasta is le boring

>babby's first "intellectual" pretentious douche book list

fuck off.

I legitimately cannot understand why fags still respond to this pasta, is this some kind of reverse false flagging?

not if you read "no!" in a different voice every time

hello samefag

Why the fuck did Dumbledore hire this guy?
Why did he hire Lockhart?

that's where you're wrong kiddo

I like how there's a different segue in the opening line every time

>Why the fuck did Dumbledore hire this guy?
I think because he was a Squib and he felt sorry for him

Lockhart was supposedly a great wizard why not?

squib diversity quota

Maybe it's an old fuck buddy from him

One of the better intros

This x10
>muh diversity
>so tolerant

I only come to these threads for this

This

>Why did he hire Lockhart?

He saw right through the fucker but knew the DATDA position was cursed anyway, so who cares?

dumbledore doesnt make the best choices. he has terrible taste in men for example

>trying to prove himself on an anonymous imageboard

hello newfag

Grow up

That's so bad. I've seen a Disney one too. Absolute man/womanchild indicator

>We know the answer to everything is 42

We need to bring back stoning