So after R1, we can all admit this wasnt as bad in hindsight now?

So after R1, we can all admit this wasnt as bad in hindsight now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5czvOeeig
youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R1 is boring but it's not offensive like this was

It's much worse now

thought it was good before rogue one. rogue one is closer to prequel quality

It actually has color. Rogue One has a weird desaturation filter over it. The same one that Disney's superhero movies have. Things in TFA pop out where in RO they are flat.

The fucking film is fine. Good solid entertainment.

TFA is an entire reaction to the shitty prequels. So if you want to blame someone for the direction it took, blame uncle George.

This.

The Prequels ruined (sort of, but not really) plot devices and overused iconic imagery to sell shit movies.

TFA straight up butchers the OT's story and adventure.

Both are pile of shit, but R1 can at least be called a SW movie.

>TFA is an entire reaction to the shitty prequels. So if you want to blame someone for the direction it took, blame uncle George.
That's a really way to handwave them destroying the entire story of cast of the OT.

rogue makes it look worse. abrams is such a transparent hack

Both are bad in different ways

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5czvOeeig

youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs

Kylo is a great villain anyway

How does it "butcher the OT's story and adventure" exactly? By being an above average popcorn flick made for kids that maybe borrows a little too much from the original Star Wars?

I enjoyed TFA far more than Rogue One. It had a grander, more mysterious feel to it imo. Finn and Bunnyfu made a likeable couple, Kylo was decent, and having Han there joined it together.

Rogue One has nothing to remember it by. Literally, nothing.

I wanted to like it, but desu it's a below average movie. If it wasn't called "Star Wars" it'd be a $2 bargain bin dvd.

Thread earlier.. name the characters from Rogue One in 10 seconds: Nobody could.

>Both are pile of shit, but R1 can at least be called a SW movie.

TFA is more Star Wars than R1.

>The fucking film is fine.
>Good solid entertainment.
Pick one.

How?

>more mysterious feel to it imo
that's because it refuses to give us information about the characters because "muh mystery"

Guys.

Both are shit in different ways.

Can we all just agree this and move on?

C'mon, we're arguing over which one is the shittest.

no

R1 is better
Rabbit is a far better actress than Daisy
R1 actually feels like a star wars movie
R1 is just barely able to contain it's mary sueing, virtue signalling with diverse cast and powerful wymn unlike VII

R1 is a far superior movie in nearly all regards

>Luke and The Rebellion's defeat of The Empire/Sith didn't last 1/10th as long as their predecessor's
>Han and Leia shit on completely
>Chewbacca is now a retarded bipedal dog
>Punished "Venom" C3P0
>Darth Vader is now more Space Jesus than the Prequels made him out to be

It renders the OT moot.

I don't even like the OT

Jesus Christ all these fucking tfa shills is disgusting. They must really want that Mouse cheese

>Rabbit
>couldn't remember the main charcters name

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Which one feels more like the original trilogy?

Rogue One was soo much better than TFA.

-Cool action scenes on Jedha.

-Vader on Mustafar.

-Vader talking to Krennic.

-Beach scenes on Scarif were great.

-Space battles.

-Vader wrecking some Rebels.

neither

Episode 8 Poe and Finn love story incoming.

Episode 2- Padme and Anakin
Episode 5- Han and Leia

It's like poetry.

TFA was a piece of shit beyond even the Prequels. Rogue One is a masterpiece in comparison.

As far as your point of about Vader goes, I think the characterization of kylo Ren went over your head. Imagine being so retarded that star wars is literally 2deep4u

>FINN, YOU'VE GOT WIDE HIPS FOR A MAN

this Kylo was a good char. I only hope he is the true protag and they are pulling another Vader with xenomoprh face cunt

>watche rogue one kino
>got blinded by the new hope nostalgia,and 70s sci - fi look, and QT jyn

the action scenes at the end are amzing but the movie is just so bland and messy, no real chemestry between the characters. I did cry at the end though.

awakens is no masterpeace but just a more complete and fun movie, imhofam

The OT isn't some template that every thing Star Wars related has to use, user.

wow how much of a soppy loser do you have to be to cry at a movie you barely care about and supposedly has characters that don't have chemistry

Fucking this. People need to stop this OT shit. Rogue One was more like the prequels and which one turned better between R1 and TFA? Rogue One.

The OT is overrated anyway. The Star Wars franchise is built on lies.

Maybe it's because it's shown that pretty much everything that gets too far from the OT is retarded garbage and the big secret is that star wars isnt as expanaive as some want it to be

The force awakens is quite solid, like the shit I took last night.

>Prepare a boarding party
Why couldn't they make JEJ do multiple takes of his lines? He didn't sound like Vader whatsoever there. You can't ignore how awful he sounds. It takes you out of every scene he talks in.

Stop shilling yourself.

I don't know if Jones is just old or if the voice was poorly mixed in post

sounds fine to me. the scenes in his castle were more sketchy

30+ years later from Return of the Jedi..

Here's some repainted Tie-Fighters and X-Wings. Brutal CGI looking characters (Snoke and Maz). Overpowered MarySue. Another Death Star. Same story from ANH.

I would be fucking rattled if I waited that long to see what happens after Jedi and got that. But the people that eat Disney Wars up most are the Gen Xers, that grew up with muh Star Wars.

It sounds fine on its own. Vader would be fine as a scratchy voiced sick guy. Thing is, it doesn't fit any other scene in any Star Wars anything.

>This shit doesnt taste so bad if you drink some piss after gais!

KYS

The rebellion caused nothing but suffer for Jyn her entire life, but in the end she comitted the ultimate sacrifice, simply because it was the right thing to do.

Same goes for a lot of the other characters. Then you have the small hope that jyn and the muslim will make it, but you realise there's no way out and they embrace each other.

Also when Admiral Raddus says "Rogue one, may the force be with you.." right before he's fleet goes into Lightspeed. It's just the sense of sacrifice and heroism. Giving it all, but becoming a fotnote in history as the battle must go on.

It's touching and i honestly found it weird how people went "OmFg it's darth vader xD" right after that, i was still feeling the emotinal impact.

Best part of the film

i guess he's just getting older

Yeah he is too old for it now

yeah but he still sounds better than anyone else who's ever played vader

At this point they would have been better off using Matt Sloan. Really anyone who didn't have a frog in their throat would've been better than James Earl Jones. I'm not shitting on him, he's just too old.

are you fucking autistic user? kys

It's not as bad as it was

It's fucking worse

A shit show

Fuck jj abrams

i disagree. all the voice actors who've done vader have never got it right. a lesser jones is still preferable to an inadequate imitation, imo

This. Force Awakens themes were so fucking in your face. People who didn't grow up in this time are going to be shaking there heads.

>Force Awakens themes were so fucking in your face.
meanwhile in Rogue One:
>rebellions were built on hope
>hope hope hope hope
>haha that's the theme!
I liked R1 a lot more too, but come on man, the theme was forced expositionally multiple times.

>name the characters from Rogue One in 10 seconds:

Without looking anything up...

Baze
Chirrut (sp)
Jyn
Galen
Cassian
Krennic
Mon Morgan
K2-SO
Darth Vader
Tarkin
Bodhi Rook
Saw Gerrera
Get fucked

You looked that up.

>Vader on Mustafar
>space battles
>Vader wrecking Rebels

Worth the price of admission.

If rogue one and tfa weren't Star Wars they'd be considered bad movies and be forgotten about already.

>Mon Morgan

Swear to god, I did not look it up.

In your defense though, I'm a massive Star Wars fan so I'm not the best person to go by.

Mon Mothma*

Neither were meant to stand on their own though

Exactly. They are bad movies that get a pass because they're Star Wars and are not the same the prequels.

K2 a best

>star wars:ep7- rip off of ep4
>star wars:r1- original story

no.

It was ok

Poe and Finn?
Disney better not go brokeback mountain with Star Wars!

They're both god awful

>movie comes out in theatre and the concensus is that it's a good movie and better than TFA
>movie goes up on torrent sites months later and people shitpost about how it's not only bad but worse than

Really makes you think

and? which one did it worse, why are you trying to defend TFA

That's the rumor going around. Finn and Poe are with each other throughout the whole movie while Rey is with Luke then fights Kylo. People need "muh lovestory." Can't do it with Rey if she's training..that only leaves....

>Finn and bunnyfu made a likeable couple

Huh? Also so what if I can't remember the names of the characters? Are you by telling me I actually DIDN'T like the movie because I can't remember the names? I remember names from movies that are shit and I remember names from movies that Sup Forums memes about

Doesn't make those movies good and doesn't mean I enjoyed them

>retarded Star Wars fanboys that wait in line for days to see the premiere loved this masturbatory piece of shit
>people who don't care that much about franchises and aren't too keen on giving Disney money saw the movie for what it is

Poe would make a much better love interest than the autist Rey

It's like JewJew Abrams couldn't think of anything original so he just recreated nearly every shot from ANH and called it a day, knowing full well that retarded Ameridiots would still pay money to see it as their lives are worthless

No, they were both terrible

Sage and kys I'd you paid money to watch these

Poe Finn = BLASPHEMY!!!

The funny thing is I don't even feel animosity towards this film. I just blank out on it entirely. I can't remember a single line, a particularly outstanding scene, I don't remember particularly liking or disliking anyone... I just feel hollow.

help

Daily reminder that the OT were not good films, Rogue One was a solid action movie, and Disney is doing better with the franchise than any other company could have.

>people who thought r1 was good but tfa was shit are fan boys

It was in theatres for more than just opening day

>and Disney is doing better with the franchise than any other company could have.
Are you saying that Fox couldn't have ripped off A New Hope and made 2 more Death Star movies?

Fox would have hired horrible actors, deflated the budget, shortened the production time, and hamfisted political identity in even harder.

>2 shekels were deposited into your account

No because Episode 7 is objectively shit while Rogue One is subjectively shit to your plebbian taste.

Lol I wish I were a shill. Reality is that anyone on social network that thinks a big company isn't royally fucking anything up is not automatically being paid by the megacorps. I hate the tendency for people to accuse others of being shills because even if it may be true, its a non disprovable accusation that does nothing to actually argue, instead just resorting to a form of ad hominem.

Methinks the shill doth protest too much

After R1 we can admit that this is the worst in the entire franchise. Nice b8 though, 2/10 you made me respond.

Nice argument

Why does no one talk about the actual battle scenes? We got a 45 minute battle scene that had a beach, jungle, garrison, space, and at the end even a boarding party setting. It was like an entire battlefront game. The space war kino was amazing because for the first time literally ever the soldier's on both sides were fighting their asses off and the stakes kept escalating until finally

>hope hope hope
That line is said literally one time. Stop watchign the trailers and then giving reviews faggot. That was one of her better scenes. She basically convinces everyone around here to go on a suicide mission

ANH and ESB were good. RoTJ ruined the entire OT and largely the series as a whole.

>muh Ewoks a shit. A SHIT.

Cassian to Jyn
>Rrebellions arre built on hope
Rebel council
>What good is hope
Jyn to Rebel council
>Rebellions are built on hope
Rebel senator to Jyn
>There is no hope
Leia to camera
>Hope
That's just me going off of memory

They weren't really great films though. They filled a niche that nobody knew was there and filled it well enough. The stories besides the twist were predictable, the writing was average, and the effects were amazing (for the time)

ESB was fantastic, ANH was pretty good, and you're right, RoTJ completely fucked it up.

Well, they didn't get my money after TFA.

Good man. Fuck Disney. Vote with your wallet.

Just think about all those better stories from the EU that are gone now, because they just HAD to make this retelling of ANH.