Twin Peaks

What are your expectations for season 3? Do you think Lynch still has it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=F4wh_mc8hRE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lynch never had it.

Lynch now has it.

i just need my Gordon Cole fix
one of the best characters of the '90s desu senpai

I dreamt last night that I was watching a middle aged Shelly in the new Twin Peaks. I think shes a part of my subconscious.

Why isn't she cumming back?

WHAT WAS THAT COOP

Holy fuck, I miss him. What a goofy fucking character.

Because she fell for the plastic surgery meme and looks like someones nightmare

Why isn't the qtp2t FWWM Donna isn't coming back?

It's going to be interesting but disappointing, I already have a strong feeling. I love Twin Peaks and I loved The Secret History, but there's no way 18/hrs is going to be all fantastic. Unless! There's a through-line and a majority of artsy weirdness.

Is top qt coming back?

JUST yoooooouuuu
aaaand iiiii

>a majority of artsy weirdness.
>Even having a shadow of a doubt that Lynch won't deliver on that, at the absolute least

Come on user.

She was one of the most beautiful women on Earth. I don't know how she looks like now.

FFFFFFUCK
GO AWAY JAMES

worst character
his voice is higher than the both of the girls he was singing with, my god

That...isn't so bad. Maybe the character had a big car accident and they had to reconstruct her face?

Oh no, not that he won't, but to what extent? If it's anything like FWWM I'll be on the floor in a stupor every week. But not everyone is going to jive with that, it seems like it won't have to be widely appreciated though, which is a great sign.

Uhh guys she aged better than probably 99% of women

That wasn't really the point, everyone needs to be aesthetically pleasing, it's part of the satire.

>yfw this is exactly why she wont do it

Lynch: hey Lara, im finally going to finish Twin Peaks
LFB: cool can't wait
Lynch: i want you to be in it
LFB: of course i will
Lynch: but your face looks like shit so we'll have to say you had an horrific accident
LFB: ....

I'd prefer that there should be some sidestory where Bob possessed her and tried to make her kill herself.

Norma's actress didn't age at all, last time I checked.

2 cast members are dead and it hasn't even aired yet

It won't be like FWWM because Mark Frost is in this. He wasn't part of the production of the movie so all the silly and soap opera elements of the series weren't there.

I am expecting the worst. Basically I think it will ruin the legacy of the series even worse than the movie.

Are you kidding? She looks hideous.

That is necessary too, but I have read interviews and it seems like they're leaning more toward the feel of FWWM

I also sort of feel this way, even though I am excited, seeing the cherry stem instagram-like advert made me want to cry.

She has the hairline of a 80's metalhead whose too stubborn to shave that shit off.

how on God's green earth did this happen

fpbp

All the actors have said in interviews that it was one of the best things they've experienced. Michael Horse who plays Hawk said he can personally guarantee that it'll be great. My guess is that it'll be something in between good and very good, but of course it's not easy to guarantee a full blown all-through masterpiece. But it'll easily be the most interesting show of 2017. Game of Plebs will have nothing on it, that's for sure.

Cautiously optimistic. It all depends how much the studio interfered. I feel like they gave lynch carte blanche to do whatever but they're marketing it to hell and back.
Twin Peaks skateboards? Really?

i acutaly thought that song was good desu

The marketing have been sucking donkey balls but I think much of it has to do with them not getting any concrete stuff to work with. With Lynch seemingly refusing all plot descriptions and traditionally styled trailers they really have no other choice but to go on and on about coffee, pie, action figures and shallow boring shit like that.

Never doubt David

As much as I like Twin Peaks...It's going to be Twin Peaks for social media obsessed teens and that has me worried slightly.

I could never get into Twin Peaks, I can't get past the silly and corny soap opera elements, I can't even force myself to watch it, which sucks because i love Lynch. Can i watch FWWM without watching the show?

And should i try to keep watching it? Does it get better? I only watched the pilot.

I'm more worried it'll be for the 60+ audience only. If it'd be for teens at well it would be great because it would strike a good balance.

Lynch needs to find good middle ground between the two otherwise he'll probably never get funding again from mainstream movie studios.

That's because it was good

He's got it more now than then

are you fucking stupid

I got hooked on the series after watching the Bowie bit from the movie. The series does get much better once the surreal elements get introduce it. My recomendation is you watch it at least until the first Cooper dream.

I was like you. It took 6 episodes to get me hooked on the show. Keep watching.

Three.

Weird that you mention the soap opera aspects based on the pilot. That one was more film like and more focused on the crime as far as I remember. But with that being said the pilot has a dryness about it that I don't like. The soap opera get more intense actually later but so does the good stuff. I'd say the first truly great episode is the third one (Commonly named Episode 2 since the Pilot counts as episode 0) also directed by Lynch.

I know it will be awesome but I'm really worried about the massive amount of time skipped and the increased age of all the actors. I can't imagine how they're going to wrap everything up while continuing things properly at the same time.

How are they going to bring Audrey back from the dead? She did die right?

>Sherilyn Fenn stated in an interactive chat on America Online that, if there had been a third season of the show, her character was slated to have survived the explosion.

Oh God Donna worst girl

The cool thing about Twin Peaks was the isolated small town vibes, Twin Peaks has the perfect early 90s atmosphere, now with every character with cellphones taking selfies for Facebook it will be a shit.

>Lynch
Didn't he back down from S3?

imagine to be her bum and pusy slave!!!!

This is what I'm worried about most. The amount of social media product placement will be the worst part imaginable.

They met his demands and he god back on board. He has directed all of it.

user why are you asking stupid questions that are easy to find the answer to?

I don't think you need to worry, Lynch doesn't seem interested in that sort of thing
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Because someone already gave me the answer.

youtube.com/watch?v=F4wh_mc8hRE

Thanks, I'll keep watching, should i watch the movie first?

And I read some things about the surreal elements, and they do look very out of place, at least in contrast with the pilot's tone.

Norma > Shelly

No. Watch the movie last. It gives away some heavy spoilers if you haven't seen the show, most notably who the killer is but also other stuff.

You're alright.

>half of them are dead

I know who killed Laura Palmer, if that's the spoiler you're talking about.

And the movie looks like it has a whole different tone from the show, I might like it more.

Was Bobby a psychic who could bend the will of others at his whim?

>the way he played the studio to get 2x the number of episodes, total creative control and bigger budget
He definitely has big balls. We'll see about the craft.

Nightmare girl sounds like a good edition to lynch media?

>season 3 will have Horne lose his shit even more and reenact the Allies surrender to the Nazis.

That's the biggest one for sure but there also some scenes relating to the mythology of the show. I wouldn't normally recommend anyone to not experience the mythology as it develops in the show before the movie, but maybe an exception could be made. You seem to know what you like and not. But I strongly suggest wait until you've seen the next two episodes before you decide on it.

My expectations for season 3 are that it will be one of the dullest franchises in the history of tv franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Frost vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his scripts. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same JJ Abrams. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch JJ Abrams." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch JJ Abrams.

>It's a David Lynch has been making Blue Velvet over and over for the past 30 years episode

>managed to binge watch Twin Peaks till the part where super Nadine shows up

Should i force myself through these episodes or the show is only silly stuff from here on?

It picks up at the end. Just skip the James scenes, they never go anywhere.

Season 2 is honestly terrible, even the Lynch directed stuff doesn't really shine

Ben's episodes are the only reason to finish watching S2.

What? The first few eps are season 1 quality, and the next one Lynch did was the finale which was fantastic

>doubting lynch
Its 18 hours of pure Lynch heroin. I want to inject it straight into my vains.

i hope lynch doesnt die before the series comes out, all those cigarettes cant be healthy

I'm talking about season 2, Lynch directed 4 episodes of it and they'res an immediate drop in quality from s1

The series is filmed though and is probably finished post-production. Lynch smokes a lot but his lifestyle otherwise is very healthy

It's Bobby's stand [FALLING], it admits an aura that makes everyone sync to his rhythm

Kek.

muh dick

The majority of season two already did that

>I don’t mean to brag, but David Lynch said he was looking for the most incredible face he could find. I actually met him at a Twin Peaks party, and he was like, “Look at that face!”

New FBI agent in place of Bowie.

I could see him as Cooper's retard brother or something

michael cera is going to be andy/dicks & lucys kid

laura dern is diane or the archivist

bitch looks like the new leader of north korea

S2e1 is KINO. My favorite episode by far.

No I want to be her foot slave!

>she'll never look at you this way,

>He wasn't part of the production of the movie so all the silly and soap opera elements of the series weren't there.
That's bullshit though. The silly stuff wasn't in the film because Lynch was forced to cut an hour and a half of content, because the studio didn't want the film to be so long.