What is Sup Forums's opinion on all the drama going on with the Patriots? A bunch of nothing, or a lot of trouble...

What is Sup Forums's opinion on all the drama going on with the Patriots? A bunch of nothing, or a lot of trouble? Do you believe that Brady wanted them to trade Jimmy Garoppolo? Do you think the relationship between Brady and Belichick is kind of frosty?

(((ESPN))) Is on its last leg, and they know that making shit up about the Patriots is a proven way to get views, with no repercussions toward them. Also Garappolo turned out to not be a meme, and Guerrero got treated like he should be,so this is a perfect opportunity to say that Belichick is warring with Brady and the front office.

ESPN-manufactured fake news

Think about it. Literally all of the "drama" surrounding the Patriots started with BREAKING NEWS at ESPN

I absolutely think trading Jimmy was a mistake that will come back to haunt the Patriots, and I think Belichick knows it.

Bill Belichick was the anonymous source

Why was Jimmy traded? He was being groomed and all of a sudden, he's out. Who's the next pat's qb? Brian Hoyer?

Brady showing no signs of slowing down, Jimmy coming up on the end of his rookie contract meaning they would have to franchise him or pay him big bucks, and the fact that they can always draft another QB to develop

Unfortunate because I liked Jimmy, but really there was no way for him to stay.

This. ESPN is fucking abhorrent as usual and they're just shilling for clicks and trying to steal the thunder from other networks before Wild Card weekend. Not to mention they love to hype up big markets (Boston, NY, LA, etc.) and clickbait the shit out of anything tangentially related to their teams. It's sad how far they've fallen, when they started shilling the ESPN App on the sidelines of live games that just confirmed how JUSTed they've become.
And good fucking riddance, too.

Brady absolutely is slowing down though.

Francesa on Simmons podcast today talking about it. Worth a listen

Brady is still elite but is clearly slowing down. And obviously he's not going to start improving it's only getting worse from here.

He just hasn't had enough time to fix that achilles sprain. However, if The first few games of next season are anything like these last 5 or so games, then I'll concede that He's in decline.

The irony is comedy gold
The amount of damage control by Patriots """"fans"""" is just the icing on the cake

>Brady slowing down
Care to say how, anons? I get that he's fucking 40 but still clearly playing at an elite level and there's no reason barring a major injury he can't keep up this pace for three or four seasons like he's said he wants to.
The reason Jimmy G was traded was he had value, and the Pats are great at getting value for people they aren't utilizing. Holding onto to Garoppolo as a backup is zero value for them unless Brady gets injured, which hasn't happened since 2008 if you don't count his suspension last year. Not even a patsfag, I just don't get this argument.

T. increasingly nervous fan of another team.

You've been saying this shit for years. Will it be a fluke when he lights up the playoffs?

No it will be a success for the system

I would rather a time ravaged Brady. Knowing he did it all with us/we/new england, thanto watch him flailing less the excellence on another team.

FUCK GAROPPOPLLO/at which point do I use WOP?

He dies with us.

How many days off from practice a week does he need now? What happened when Gronk got taken out? How has McDaniels dialed up the passing plays this year versus previous years? Refer to the article when Brady has chosen shorter over the middle yards compared to deep passes for a score.

Stat padding doesn't impress me.

He's still putting up league leading yards and wins. Doesn't matter how he gets there. Plus, he's always utilized short passes, that's how the whole "system QB" meme began.

Yeah, that sounds like Bill.

Which is why he is near the top on yards per pass this year...

Why does Brady want to exit like Favre. A shell of himself. Brain damaged. Playing for the jests. End up selling non designer jeans and compression socks. Sad.

Friendly reminder this years' stats would be even higher if he had his favorite guy Edelman

how about going 13-3 with a mediocre defense, dumbass

A "mediocre" defense that's top 5 in points allowed and points allowed per game doesn't sound very "mediocre".

Enjoy the parade user

>Brady takes days off, he HAS to be regressing and done soon!
Kek, I bet you get your news from ESPN, too.

Does anyone know if you can get yards after catch stats for each qb? I can only find it for individual receivers. It appears Brees is a YAC babby

He has actual aspergers, football is the one thing he loves and knows above all else, including his wife and children. Once he retires, he'll either become a coach, or kill himself, bet on it.

Belichick is 65 years old and has only 1 losing season with the Patriots in the 18 years he’s been there and has the most playoff wins of any coach and he’s got 5 Championship wins (tied with Halas and Lombardi) and will likely win a 6th this season, while the only other coaches (5) still active in the league with any Superbowl wins, only have 1 each.

Meanwhile, Brady who has also been with the Patriot for the last 18 years, is 40 years old and has the most wins total by any QB, won the most division titles and has played 7 Superbowls and won 5, with another likely win this season. He saw what happened with Brett Favre, when a tied out old QB tries to keep it going and don’t think he wants to go out that way.

It wouldn't surprise me of they both decide this is their last season in the NFL.

(which guarantees the Cheatriots will win the Superbowl...)

A am very paranoid individual. As to being a Patsfag ,I'm good.

Favre was a dumbass who didnt take care of himself when he got older like Brady does. He just fucking went out there and did the old gunslinger shit because thats what he knew

>He saw what happened with Brett Favre, when a tied out old QB tries to keep it going and don’t think he wants to go out that way.
It's not going to happen this way unless Brady keeps playing without Belichick or ups his primadonna status to make demands that push the Pats to trade him. I doubt either happen to the degree it did with Favre.

post yfw this leads to massive infighting in the patriots locker room and they can't get shit done and lose to the bills in the divisional round

When a person gets older it takes longer to recover from injuries. Injuries hamper performance. Acting like a faggot doesn't change reality.

You can only fight time for so long. Pat should never have traded Jimmy. If Brady didn't like it too fucking bad.

Jimmy forced their hand too. They offered him a contract of like 18 million a year to ride the bench until Brady was gone. But he didn't want to waste away on the bench. He wanted to start.

Yeah I can't really blame him for wanting to start. He's obviously very good and it must have been killing him to sit.

Honestly, both Brady and more so, Belichick are stupid for sticking around after this season.

If they make it known to the NFL Inc. that they want to retire, the Patriots are guaranteed to be refballed to a victory in the Superbowl, as it’s the perfect Hollywood marketing dept. storyline and tv ratings are what the NFL is all about.

I’d rather go out riding high, then stick around and gradually become shitty and finally just wander off into retirement. What kinda legacy is that?

>defending super bowl champs
>have a good shot to win again this year
>roster will be intact for a few more years
>stupid for sticking around :^)
>goodell will give a free super bowl if they announce retirement :^)
Why is it the Patriots that brings out the stupidest posters who clearly don't even watch much football?

>Say the line, shill!
>The Patriots are done, it's over for them

>but really there was no way for him to stay
Tom has a year or two left then what? I would over pay a backup for a few years in order to secure a decade long franchise QB every day of the week and so would just about anyone else. Knowing that the QB position is locked up gives a GM so much more freedom to continue the success that an over-pay is more than worth it. Pats fucked this one up pretty badly. Best case is you get a guy and groom him for two years and hope he's half of what Jimmy is.

I think a dude who quit on the Jest like 20 minutes after being hired and who benched the $100 million dollar man for a 6th rounder when he had yet to win shit as a HC is not going to let anyone tell him what roster moves to make now that he's recognized as the GOAT coach. Ain't nobody telling Bill what to do.

ESPN just fired Donovan McNabb and Eric Davis. The Pats piece was to help bury that fact.

Except the dude who signs his pay checks.

Is this Brady's version of the Madden curse?

The same dude who has said that Bill makes all roster moves and that he doesn't interfere? Nevermind that every other NFL team would gladly pay Bill whatever he wanted to coach them.

As a lifelong Pats fan since 2015, this is quite literally fake news to get rid of Brady instead of Bilechuck like us fans really want

The same dude who just got cock blocked from trading Brady to another team to start his replacement.

As a lifelong Pats fan since 1999, fuck off, draft Luke Falk, and give Brady one more season to prove the last five games are an anomaly.

ESPN is just trying to bring down Brady because of pic related, but Brady will be POTUS one day and there's nothing they can do about it.

But that never happened.

Trading Jimmy G was a really dumb fucking move by the Pats. I'm a Pats fan and even I can see Brady's age affecting how he's been playing this year. He's overly cautious. If he sees someone get within 8 feet of him, he goes down on his own. He's terrified of getting hit, and he should be.

He doesn't have another 4 years in him. One rough tackle is all it's going to take, and a season ending injury becomes retirement.

Oh FFS...they traded Jimmy G because they would have to franchise him or pay him more than Brady. That's not happening.
Belichick kicked Brady's quack, I mean fitness guru off the team flight.
You know, the one that convinced Brady hydration can prevent a sunburn.

And had the best statistical season of his career in 2009, swept his old team, and came within a couple of plays from the Super Bowl.

>blaming the (((____)))) for your small penis

So, franchise him and get a high draft pick for him after that.

This is very much akin to a parallel universe where The Packers traded Rodgers and kept Favre.

>dude water blocks uv rays!
what a fucking retard
no wonder his blacked wife started worrying about all those covered up concussions

This the only correct answer This is exactly what was said at the beginning of last season when the issue began to come up.

that does't disprove the point. He's a good QB, no one is disputing that.

This guy

BRADY BTFO
lol 18-1

>If he sees someone get within 8 feet of him, he goes down on his own.
Please post one single example of this happening in a game you falseflagging chucklefuck

Except it did. Which is why Belichick gave away a franchise player for nothing. Even after offers of a first and second rounder.

> except it...
what are you, 5? this stuff came up 2 years before this gay article, this is how people know you dont like sports, only men in tight pants.

>This is very much akin to a parallel universe where The Packers traded Rodgers and kept Favre.
Have any of you fucking morons actually watched the games that Jimmy has played in? Yea he's been winning, but he hasn't exactly been exceptional. 260 y/g, 7 TDs and 5 INTs. Not bad, but stop acting like he's the next Brady (or Rodgers); the kid hasn't even played a full season yet.

Its a case study on why ive instictively despised the media since I was about 8. Blows my mind fully grown adults view the American media as anything but evil incarnate

Oh fucking please, if you've been watching the games, you've fucking seen it. If he doesn't have time to throw the ball away, he goes to the ground before he gets hit. Like I said, he's scared of getting hit, and for good reason.

If Brady's smart, he either retires after this season (unlikely) or plays next season and hopes he doesn't get injured while the Pats secure a new starting QB, and then retires.

>If he doesn't have time to throw the ball away, he goes to the ground before he gets hit
Please provide one single example of this happening

You mean after he spent months trying to work a contract with the kid up until the trade deadline? Be honest, how mad do the Patriots make you.

>Oh FFS...they traded Jimmy G because they would have to franchise him or pay him more than Brady.

And Brady is 40 years old and on his way down. Sure, he can still win games and even get refballed into another Superbowl victory but the issue is maintaining the success of the Patriots organization, not stroking Brady's ego.

The guy should know enough to willingly go out on-top and leave the team that made him a success, in a position to remain competitive after he's gone.

The KC Chiefs would like to offer you the efficient and well groomed Alex Smith for the low low cost of two first rounders.

>PatsFans forum right now

its obvious brady has a massive ego problem, just look at how he belittled McDaniels in a game where he didn't see a receiver or some shit. Doesn't surprise me at all.

why do you even believe this? It's obvious from the way he's playing he can go 2-5 more years as long as the o-line does't go to shit. They didn't even have 80% of the team this year and are still SB bound.

look, i get it, you want to see them fail. That's fine. But the franchise tag shit was ALREADY DISCUSSED 2 YEARS AGO. Go re-read shit from when brady was b&.

What is top? 6 rings? 7? you don't give up on that shit. When his arm goes noodely, ,we can talk, but there's zero reason for this guy to leave the NFL, he's better than 90% of QBs handily.

> from one point I can draw a line in any direction.
He's always yelled. It's funny watching you "I only watched last game and I'm an expert" analysts.

how many other QBs do you see doing that it? It is disgusting, but he gets a pass because he is one of the best qbs ever, get off your high horse faggot.

>getting pissed in the heat of the moment after a mistake
>"disgusting"
go to bed buck

oh yea its his "competitiveness" lololol same excuse every time, just blinded by his ego like you.

i bet bill isnt cool with toms trainer, but i think the story is a stretch to say the least.

what does that have to do with ANYTHING? When was the the last time you gave a shit about"
suh
ochocino
tomlin
cam
dez
coughlin
parcells
McKnight

Oh, you ONLY CARE ABOUT QBs? are you serious?

Christ no one has time to go through every fucking person who has an ego and was great and a dick. I cannot believe you even give a shit. In fact, I know you dont, you are clearly targetting Brady for this for some unknown reason. I think you are the only person in the world who is comparing Brady to other QBs for this factory. Stop the fucking presses, someone call ESPN, we have a brand new metric here. Fuck Sabermetrics, we have mememetrics. This QB doesn't hold his pinky when he's drining tea, fucking power level zero. This nigga rolled an SUV which fucked up on peyote with 2 juveniles in the car while listening to Mobb Depp. 10 year contract.

> it's sickening
you fucking baby, this is football. God you must hate hockey, fights in baseball, speed skating, and janitoring Sup Forums

>being this mad

honesty what dies first, espn or the patriots dynasty?

based tripe
nice retort, i guess you got me there.

you played yourself

Can you make any sense please? so far you are casualing so hard i have no idea why you are on Sup Forums

why are you on Sup Forums?

Sounds right, media are scum of the earth.

its all clickbait

Newsflash everyone:

this is all manufactured. wouldn't be surprised if goodeal wanted them to leak this story and the patriots agreed. it's all just to get more viewers and a "juicy story" going into the playoffs, they love the "patriots against the world" storyline.

people are bored of watching the patriots win, so they have to create some cool storyline to get more people to watch

Why jews are so obsessed with penis?

The quarterback is not important to the organization. If the quarterback fails, a new quarterback will be assimilated

There's something to the story obviously, but a lot of speculation, """sources""" and the like, and of course it's dropped right when playoffs start.

It's not going to affect them at all. They had a player kill a bunch of people and still won the super bowl.

I really wonder if the media was as vicious toward the Niners, Steelers or Cowboys dynasties in their latter days as they have been toward the Pats'.
>inb4 bandwagon, 25yo, been watching since '99

Been watching the pats since 84. I would have traded brady this offseason. Id rather be good for 10 more years. But, it is what it is. Hopefully they can find another good qb.

>yfw Pats-Niners Owl in 2019

It's funny to see how unhinged the Brady fans get over even the mildest criticism. God forbid anyone even mention another qb being just as good.

> It's obvious from the way he's playing he can go 2-5 more years as long as the o-line does't go to shit.

I can’t wait for Brady to blow out his knee of shoulder and you Patsfags are left hanging without a quarterback, because you traded your future to stroke a delusional old man’s ego for a couple more years.